Pages:
Author

Topic: AOCLBF (was Phoenix Rising): Phoenix/POCLBM GUI With Built-In Overclock Tool - page 8. (Read 146953 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Hi! I checked this thread : http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=19169.new#new
It seems it is very stable and there is no loss in performance. Maybe you can integrate? How I really wish I have some coding skills.  Grin
Activity: 1204
Merit: 288
Yeah an auto start mining option at startup would be awsome for headless boxes
Activity: 60
Merit: 0
Does running the shortcut as minimized work for you? because it doesnt for me. just starts up open anyways  Cry
c_k
donator
Activity: 242
Running 1.7b and loving it Smiley

Can we get an option to run minimised upon opening?

I have a shortcut to the app in my startup folder.

Infact, an option for running at startup in the app would be good too Cheesy

Cheers!
Hi, maybe a silly question.. But how do I move or predefine the OSD position? I don't see anything when using alt+tab or task manager..
Win7 x64

Cheers
End
Click+drag. With Aero on, clicking anywhere on the OSD works (I think), but without Aero, you must click on the text.
Activity: 174
Hi, maybe a silly question.. But how do I move or predefine the OSD position? I don't see anything when using alt+tab or task manager..
Win7 x64

Cheers
End
Activity: 140
I think I added the "Default" button for 1.62, which reverts everything to BIOS settings, including clocks and voltage in idle mode. Fan doesn't reset though, and it won't be unless some other program assigns a new fan profile.

You did, though then you still must remember to hit that, then manually re-enter your settings every time you re-open the app after resetting to defaults.
Just wanted to report the Temps are now reporting properly for multi-card config.
Maybe you can make PR save the OC and fan settings and only apply when we hit Run. Oh btw, a Single RUN button to run specified clients (checklist maybe) would be great, like a main page or something. Thanks a bunch for the work.  Smiley
Yeah, I'm thinking about saving OC settings.

Man this has come a long way.. the jump from 1.45 to 1.62 is amazing.

So here comes a potential problem and fix :

I've noticed that closing PR 6.2 does not revert the clock settings till a restart, for a headless miner this is fantastic, since many other utilities screw up the fan settings if a monitor is disconnected/resolution changed, I have a fe windows-boxes that this util works excellently for..

Though for a gamer this is terrible, since they may forget to revert the settings and could potentially cause a hard freeze by running an intensive game. I have noticed that certain extreme overclocks work fine for mining, but I nearly burnt a card (required a bios flash) from my carelessness by forgetting to reset the clocks to default values.

So maybe adding an option to retain settings or revert them on close would be nice.

I currently have to record my preferred values manually, then re-enter them every time I launch PR.

Again, thanks so much for the work you have done, the work you coders do for all of us is fantastic, I have all four of my boxes aimed at Eligius 24/7 as gratitude.
I think I added the "Default" button for 1.62, which reverts everything to BIOS settings, including clocks and voltage in idle mode. Fan doesn't reset though, and it won't be unless some other program assigns a new fan profile.
Activity: 140
Man this has come a long way.. the jump from 1.45 to 1.62 is amazing.

So here comes a potential problem and fix :

I've noticed that closing PR 6.2 does not revert the clock settings till a restart, for a headless miner this is fantastic, since many other utilities screw up the fan settings if a monitor is disconnected/resolution changed, I have a fe windows-boxes that this util works excellently for..

Though for a gamer this is terrible, since they may forget to revert the settings and could potentially cause a hard freeze by running an intensive game. I have noticed that certain extreme overclocks work fine for mining, but I nearly burnt a card (required a bios flash) from my carelessness by forgetting to reset the clocks to default values.

So maybe adding an option to retain settings or revert them on close would be nice.

I currently have to record my preferred values manually, then re-enter them every time I launch PR.

Again, thanks so much for the work you have done, the work you coders do for all of us is fantastic, I have all four of my boxes aimed at Eligius 24/7 as gratitude.
Just wanted to report the Temps are now reporting properly for multi-card config.
Maybe you can make PR save the OC and fan settings and only apply when we hit Run. Oh btw, a Single RUN button to run specified clients (checklist maybe) would be great, like a main page or something. Thanks a bunch for the work.  Smiley
1.7b. Fixed a few bugs with the GUI. Changed the get-parent/child process method.

If any of the drop-down fields are blank, delete the INI file and redo it! Or just delete the lines where there's nothing after the equals sign and save.
Activity: 410
Merit: 252
Watercooling the world of mining
Hello everybody

First of all this gui platform helped me a lot regarding handling and the fall back server option. So thanks very much for that.

But im having an issue with the overclocking options.

I have a  HD 5870 wich has 1250mhz  memory and 875 mhz core by default.

Clocking down the memory to 300 mhz works just fine.

But when i try to overclock the core frequency higher than 900  it is not applied and the gui is just reset to the last value below 900 mhz.
I hardly doubt im beyond the 200 mhz from BIOS limit.

Could somebody please try to figure out where i made a mistake or has anybody a simmilar problem?

SDK:2.4

Im having an issue with running pr.  I downloaded 1.62 tried the 32bit client and I get the following error:

line 7405 error: array variable substcript badly formatted.

i try run the script after i compile the 64 bit version (I have a 64 bit system), I get this error:

line 7670:
Error subscript used with non-Array variable.

I can run older verisions, like 1.42 and 1.43, just none of the new scripts.

Anyone have any ideas?

You probably don't have all of the include files.
to get to the console log go into the folder and open the file that says pr. its a logged text document i believe. for the script error delete the config file that says phoenix and you should be able to open it and reconfig your settings.
Activity: 7
Im having an issue with running pr.  I downloaded 1.62 tried the 32bit client and I get the following error:

line 7405 error: array variable substcript badly formatted.

i try run the script after i compile the 64 bit version (I have a 64 bit system), I get this error:

line 7670:
Error subscript used with non-Array variable.

I can run older verisions, like 1.42 and 1.43, just none of the new scripts.

Anyone have any ideas?

Activity: 25
Since i'm using 1.62 i got bluscreens at some point - if the pool connection doesn't work for instance. The miners try to restart until it bluescreens (every 4 seconds, 3 miners)
I suspect my undervolted CPU to be the reason, needs testing though.

Noob question: how can I display some sort of console to know whats going on? Think its a stupid question, but i have no idea how to initiate one with PR, since I've no actual experience with Phoenix.

Besides, excellent work lvlrdka22 Smiley
1.7a. Read the release history. Let me know if it doesn't detect all of the GPUs in OpenCL Device drop-down list, or if the device list is out of order (means "not in order," not "broken"), as well as the following stuff:

Need feedback on:
  • If the link between OpenCL GPU list and OS Index is correct (if setting an OpenCL Device automatically selects the corresponding GPU correctly) (beta version only).
  • If ADL detects the same number of GPUs as OpenCL (if the OpenCL Device list has same number of GPUs as number of tabs for controlling GPU clocks).
  • If it detects multiple GPUs correctly, in particular the 5970 and the 6990 (should be one tab for each core, or two tabs for each 5970/6990).
yes, a No OSD option and minimize on start up...
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Do you think you could add in the color 0x00FFFFFF for the OSD so it is invisible? Have to modify this every time you release a new version and I have seen others ask for a way to hide the osd as well.
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
I tired with OC & it works good.
But, it also needs save option as saving mining details.
Restart removes all OC info & have to apply again.
Also there is no way to apply voltage changes.
For clock & fan speed, after moving slider to required Mhz & % clicking clock & fan, changes the clock & fan speed.
But for to change voltage, no option is there.

I also had a strange problem.
2 nos. of ASUS EAH5870 cards let me OC to anywhere, well i so far only tried 993 & 331 for core & mem.
The same i did for Sapphire 5870. But with your software Sapphire refuses to increase core above 900 Mhz & if i go above 900 Mhz, clicking clock brings it back to 900 Mhz, while Asus goes up to 993.

All the above cards ran perfectly at 993/331 using Afterburner before.
Pages:
Jump to: