Pages:
Author

Topic: AOCLBF (was Phoenix Rising): Phoenix/POCLBM GUI With Built-In Overclock Tool - page 9. (Read 146953 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Works on mine, until it hits the BIOS limit.
Activity: 236
Merit: 109
does the voltage control work?
Might be useful if people with different GPUs models (as in GPUs with first 2 numbers different, such as 5850 and 6990 in the same system) run this and post the stuff in adlocl.log: http://www.mediafire.com/?p9i80it24z879d6
All it does is print out the Device Numbers (and some other misc. information) for OpenCL (I think these numbers are what Phoenix uses) and the information provided by ADL.
What I'm interested in is the order OpenCL prints each device out, and the order of Adapter Indices, OS Display Indices, and Bus Numbers printed from ADL.

Neither OpenCL nor ADL print out the full GPU names, unfortunately (Cypress/Radeon 5800 Series, respectively, like those help), so it's most helpful if people with multiple GPUs that have first two model numbers different run this.

Side note: OpenCL's get-device-ID/number function isn't useful at all in determining which GPU corresponds to which Roll Eyes. It changes every time I run it.
No problem man! But I guess the temp fix would be great.  Wink
The OC tool is now working properly (for Single GPU config).

I have a suggestion regarding the fan control, just like in MSI Afterburner and Trixx, they have custom profiles wherein if the Temp goes up, fan speed goes up as well, and vice versa. Maybe you can pattern that custom profile to PR 1.63.  Smiley Thanks!

Oh, and OSD for GPU Core, Memory, Volts, and VRM Temps would be great, too!
It should work for multi-card configurations. At least it's working on mine.

I was going to say, if you want a custom fan control, just use Afterburner or whatever. I'm too lazy to add that.
I also really don't want to have the OSDs cluttered with stuff, so what you see there will probably be the only stats I'll add.

Eh, trying to figure out how OpenCL device numbers are ordered (if they are listed the same way ADL lists adapters, but from what I've read, no correlation whatsoever) so maybe we can get one fixed set of numbering system.

Right now, got "clGetPlatformIDs" and "clGetPlatformInfo" working correctly I think.
"clGetPlatformInfo" returns "Advanced Micro Devices, Inc."
I hope that's what it's supposed to return.
The OC tool is now working properly (both Single GPU 6850, Dual/Crossfired 5850 config).

I have a suggestion regarding the fan control, just like in MSI Afterburner and Trixx, they have custom profiles wherein if the Temp goes up, fan speed goes up as well, and vice versa. Maybe you can pattern that custom profile to PR 1.63.  Smiley Thanks!

Oh, and OSD for GPU Core, Memory, Volts, and VRM Temps would be great, too!

Regarding the temperature, it seems it's only reading the 2nd GPU's temperature and displaying as one (for multiple GPU config).
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Nice GUI. Just thought I'd say that I had an issue with backup server because of a typo of ":" semicolon. Good idea could be to make error box pop up if address fields have strange symbols in them. Took me a little while to figure it out as it was the first symbol in the field so I didn't see it.

Keep at it!
1.62. A few GUI changes. Clock speeds can now be set to BIOS limit plus 200 MHz, and VDDC max is BIOS limit plus 200 mV. If you can't set it higher, it probably means you've hit the limit.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
And another minor thing. It's better not to write "at ?°C" at all, when "Pause mining ..." is unchecked.

Temperatures seem to be wrong, hm. I'll explain a little: as you can see, I have 2 graphic cards, 5770 and 5850. Their adapter indexes are 3 and 0 respectively. But in order to get them working I have to choose 1 as a device name for 5770 and 0 for 5850. When I put 1 and 0 in "Pause mining ..." I get pretty much the same temperatures (as you can also see), which can't be true. I tried 3 for 5770, it shows some 64, while it's supposed to be hotter than 5850. But for 5850 it works good, because it shows same values as msi afterburner (it's down there, in the tray). Maybe it's just a coincidence.
Activity: 126
Very nice Program, thanks for that!
I'm mining since last week on Eligius, now even better if the server gets some hiccup.  Smiley

Would be nice to have some script with a backup server like this for ubuntu through ssh, hmm, time to search the forum and write my own. i am off  Wink

I guess would be cool to draw some mhash/s chart somewhere in the main window (additional tab maybe), to monitor performance and stuff like pool uptime. I haven't seen this in any miner I used.
Actually, afterburner's gpu temperature monitor works fine, but it would be more cool like this Smiley

Also I suggest to change textboxes type such way, so after clicking in there I don't need to erase all the words like "Device name" or "Pool's name" or whatever. The text remains there, but after clicking on textbox it disappears allowing me to write something. Just a minor thing though.
Activity: 262
Merit: 250
Dubs Get
it could be interesting show in the OSD the core and memory clock
Dubs Get
It's kinda weird, on my other rig also crossfired 5850s although both non reference compared to the other, they go up to 900 on GPU core. I'll see what else I can find. Maybe yeah you can up the limit to like 1000 maybe. Because my 6850 can go up to 1021 on GPU core. Thanks a bunch!
Eh, so does setting clocks above 775 work on 1.6?

It can't detect temperatures. The rest works fine, thanks. Btw there are afterburner's temps in tray.
ihaiuhaiuahiau

btw, temp is show ? here... sapphire 5850 xtreme

and nice work dude
Yeah, check "Pause mining when..." It enables temperature monitoring. Otherwise temperatures show up as ?.

true... thanks =)
It's kinda weird, on my other rig also crossfired 5850s although both non reference compared to the other, they go up to 900 on GPU core. I'll see what else I can find. Maybe yeah you can up the limit to like 1000 maybe. Because my 6850 can go up to 1021 on GPU core. Thanks a bunch!
Eh, so does setting clocks above 775 work on 1.6?

It can't detect temperatures. The rest works fine, thanks. Btw there are afterburner's temps in tray.
ihaiuhaiuahiau

btw, temp is show ? here... sapphire 5850 xtreme

and nice work dude
Yeah, check "Pause mining when..." It enables temperature monitoring. Otherwise temperatures show up as ?.
Dubs Get
Activity: 608
Merit: 500
How do you use this with Phoenix 1.50?  Is there some way to show the Mhash/s rate?
Oh nevermind, just realized that it's not even running...getting 0% GPU usage =(

Nevermind, I'm a moron...forgot to unzip the kernels folder *facepalm*

EDIT: It's working now and the temperature OSD is great. However, it seems it is just reading the temp of 1 GPU for both (Crossfired Rig).

The OC clocks seem to limit to just 775 GPU Core from 725, I read here, you followed the lock or something. I hope you can like put a checkbox to lock/unlock for more overclocking headroom.
Do you see one tab for each of the GPUs?

Try using 1.6 (or this) and setting core above 775. If it works, I'll add make it go 200 MHz above limit or something. If not, can't help there Undecided, it's a BIOS limit (I think) that I don't know how to bypass.
Pages:
Jump to: