Pages:
Author

Topic: AOCLBF (was Phoenix Rising): Phoenix/POCLBM GUI With Built-In Overclock Tool - page 3. (Read 146953 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 252
I see a problem with version 1.74.
Adding new client causes all other old clients to loose HD5xxx, Fastloop, phatk, Aggression settings.
Even checking the check boxes again & save setting has no use.
Only way to solve is to edit the aoclbf.ini file manually & change 0 to 1.
Same problem.

All kinds of issues with mine.

-Using two 6950s, HD5xxx+, Fastloop, phatk and aggression settings are greyed out.
-Run/Stop is greyed out on the first client.
-Clicking run on the second does nothing, but causes a massive memory leak and the client is unable to close.

In short, I have never been able to get it working, so I am not sure what normal operation looks like. Is there any way to see how many Mhash/s each card is producing?
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Apparently one of the people who was testing my MtGox trading thing accused me of including a keylogger, so I won't be adding/releasing it.
There is a new version of poclbm and they implemented a new syntax, I hope you can update aoclbf with their syntax since I've tried your foreman app with the new poclbm and it's not working. Thanks!

Bleh fine.
aoclbf guesses device numbers wrong on my system so ... reporting it.
i have #0 cpu and #1-3 gpus, aoclbf guesses gpus at #0-2

OpenCL has an option to read GPU list only, which is what it does.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
aoclbf guesses device numbers wrong on my system so ... reporting it.
i have #0 cpu and #1-3 gpus, aoclbf guesses gpus at #0-2
legendary
Activity: 1855
Merit: 1016
Ok tried a fresh install on a different machine and even though some of the files you have (as above) are missing in mine, I now have one rig with one card up.

Somehow I expected the OSD to be bottom right...but top left works too. I will try out the extended features tomorrow.

Again dishwara, thanks for the help.
Just drag the OSD to bottom right & after u dragged click save settings.
If that fails, exit aoclbf & edit aoclbf.ini manually.
Add this line to last, after

device=1. Cypress
extraflags=
gpus=0
mintemp=
maxtemp=

Code:
[OSD1]
osdx=1426
osdy=678

x & y are pixels. Select depending on your monitor pixels. I have 1600*900 as resolution.
Activity: 27
Ok tried a fresh install on a different machine and even though some of the files you have (as above) are missing in mine, I now have one rig with one card up.

Somehow I expected the OSD to be bottom right...but top left works too. I will try out the extended features tomorrow.

Again dishwara, thanks for the help.
There is a new version of poclbm and they implemented a new syntax, I hope you can update aoclbf with their syntax since I've tried your foreman app with the new poclbm and it's not working. Thanks!
Currently running on guiminer so I assumed that open CL would be good.Huh I will double check my folder now and compare to yours.

Thanks for the help
legendary
Would one of you guys, that has this running properly, be kind enough to post a screenshot of the filestructure. That is to say one that shows which files should be in the same place as this .exe file.

I seem to be able to run this but it does not engage the card so maybe I am missing some file or it is in the wrong place.
Download phoenix 1.50 from phoenix page. Extract it to a folder. It will have phoenix.exe, phoenix.ini & kernel folder.
just copy the aoclbfxxx.exe, aoclbfxxx.au3, foreman.ico.
you can able to run aoclbf, then give mining details. It will create aoclbf.ini, aoclbf.log, clocks.ini...
screenshot

EDIT:
Since you said its not engage the card, you may have not installed OpenCL properly.
google GPU caps viewer. It will tell clearly whether you have installed OpenCL or not.
Would one of you guys, that has this running properly, be kind enough to post a screenshot of the filestructure. That is to say one that shows which files should be in the same place as this .exe file.

I seem to be able to run this but it does not engage the card so maybe I am missing some file or it is in the wrong place.
legendary
I see a problem with version 1.74.
Adding new client causes all other old clients to loose HD5xxx, Fastloop, phatk, Aggression settings.
Even checking the check boxes again & save setting has no use.
Only way to solve is to edit the aoclbf.ini file manually & change 0 to 1.
Activity: 698
Merit: 500
can we get a button that shifts between primary and backup pools manually

when running on backup pool, backup miner should not be stopped until some shares were accepted on primary pool, same way as poclbm handles backup pools
Any updates on this awesome program? BTW, Catalyst 11.7+2.5OCL does not anymore require dummy plugs/crossfire bridges!
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
What is work size?

edit: -w or --worksize controls the work group size.  it defaults to the maximum value reported by the card and going above that will likely result in the miner crashing.  there's no real hard and set rule for this and it varies from card to card, so find someone with your same card and ask, look at the mining hardware comparison for inspiration, or just poke in various values and look what happens to the hash rate.

Smiley
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
First:

Thank you for the nice miner!

Second,

I have a question:

Is it possible to active logging when the miner is disonnected? If it's possible how can I activate it?

Thank you.

Bye Bloody
Activity: 1204
Merit: 288
@lvlrdka22
I like the preview, not too interested in the trade thing personally, but OSD at the bottom looks a lot better than current one, Personally I would still prefer it in a summary tab and a total hash rate output would be great also. Also it would be nice to squeeze in an option for update time this does infact reduce MH/s when you are calling the function which gets temps ect.. so having an option to set how often it updates would come in useful. Great job keep up the excellent work.
Activity: 211
i'm using TechPowerUp GPU-Z 0.5.4 to get the data from the three sensors of each card.

As AOCLBF seems to get the correct data for my hd5850, it seems my 5770 temperature data is somehow displayed wrong by AOCLBF (man, a rename would be awsome as well Wink)

any idea, why this is happening?

Activity: 133
Merit: 10
i second the console view only. or at least set time to update OSD. i found that the OSD can be moved "reliably", but you must have your pointer over the text pixels. this is tedious. perhaps a section of the OSD with "live pixels" to make it easily movable?

i use msi afterburner to "monitor" my temps. but i dig the built in functionality of miner pause on X temp. i know this could be achieved with multiple pieces of software, but i like the package this man has made.
AOCLBF 2.0 I guess? Pretty awesome! Can't wait for the release!
Activity: 51
GPU usage is not as maxed out as it could be compared to just running phoenix in console. Console only gives me always 99% load. With 3 workers I get 98-99% for each, 4 workers even worse, very unstable between 95-99%. Could it be cpu usage? AOCLBF uses up to 21% with 4 workers every two seconds, with 3 workers only up to 10%.

EDIT cpu usage of AOCLBF is even higher when using the temperature control in the overlay, goes up to 40% with 4 cards and reducing MHs rate from 294 to 291 Sad My guess is that this is caused by the constant overlay update that is gathering data every second times 4. Can i somehow adjust the updating speed? Or how about a console view only.
legendary
Pages:
Jump to: