Pages:
Author

Topic: AOCLBF (was Phoenix Rising): Phoenix/POCLBM GUI With Built-In Overclock Tool - page 7. (Read 146953 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
1.72. Apparently device ID changes every time restarts occur. Now uses OS index.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
1. Need option to select miner please.
2. Convert speed of poclbm to Mhash (string to integer, value divided by 1000, integer to string)

Also, when share is submitted in poclbm speed at OSD is wrong (it needs some way to remember last displayed value and displays it when share accepted ( not when connection problems)).
awsome work love the features, it is the best front end for mining on windows with a dedicated box, Just some ideas...
can you make the OSD optional? and have a "summary" tab? the device selection box needs to be wider(drop down). it would be nice to have each client and GPU together in 1 or make the windows border expandable. For some weird reason I get 10 MH/s slower with this than GUIminer on each GPU, Using all the same phoenix riser version and the same settings. If I even get this worked out why I would use this full time.

//Edit

Is there any reason this is slower than GUIminer? I placed it in the GUIminer folder which has phoenix ect.. with all the same settings it was atleast 10 MH/s slower for each GPU
Try looking into the launch parameters in aoclbf.log and see if you're missing anything.

Hi
First off, I LOVE your program! switched from guiminer and never looked back.
I have a problem with OC settings though, both with catalyst set to startup or not, aoclbf won't retain or apply OC settings (at startup).
Its a great tool for OCing, especially since I'm running a 6950 and a 5830 in one machine and have had loads of problems with the setup, until you added the GPU settings tab... hewever even when I get a stable OC manually set in aoclbf, apply and accept "set clocks on startup" box, it won't apply on a PC restart.
I'm running 1.71 btw.
Check that you do have clocks.ini in the same folder. It should have created when applying clock speeds. Also, make sure that "startup=true" for all of them.
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Hi
First off, I LOVE your program! switched from guiminer and never looked back.
I have a problem with OC settings though, both with catalyst set to startup or not, aoclbf won't retain or apply OC settings (at startup).
Its a great tool for OCing, especially since I'm running a 6950 and a 5830 in one machine and have had loads of problems with the setup, until you added the GPU settings tab... hewever even when I get a stable OC manually set in aoclbf, apply and accept "set clocks on startup" box, it won't apply on a PC restart.
I'm running 1.71 btw.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 288
awsome work love the features, it is the best front end for mining on windows with a dedicated box, Just some ideas...
can you make the OSD optional? and have a "summary" tab? the device selection box needs to be wider(drop down). it would be nice to have each client and GPU together in 1 or make the windows border expandable. For some weird reason I get 10 MH/s slower with this than GUIminer on each GPU, Using all the same phoenix riser version and the same settings. If I even get this worked out why I would use this full time.

//Edit

Is there any reason this is slower than GUIminer? I placed it in the GUIminer folder which has phoenix ect.. with all the same settings it was atleast 10 MH/s slower for each GPU
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
yung lean
put the contents of the folder in my poclbm folder and get error "Line 8609 Error: Subscript used with non-Array variable"
 Wink
No problem! Stock OC still is great and stable and should be safer. Thanks!
I have 5770 and 5850. According to GPU-Z (and some other sources), there are three temp sensors in each card. My sensors values for 5770: 71, 83 and 77. For 5850: 76, 82, 81.
Your monitoring seems to show values of the first sensors, which detect the temperature of a display controller. And these are the lowest values of all three.
MSI Afterburner has one general graph for each graphic card, they are called simply GPU1 temp and GPU2 temp. GPU-Z also has additional GPU temp graph for general GPU temp monitoring. I was surprised to know that both programs use different sensors to show general graphic card temperatures. It's the second sensor for 5770 and the first sensor for 5850. So temps they are showing are 83 and 76 respectively.
Anyway, last paragraph was kinda offtopic. I was just trying to elaborate what sensors are best to use. I propose second ones, they are showing the highest temperatures of the graphic cards. I could finally throw away that afterburner temps from my tray.
It's the first one that's the core temperature though. Not sure what the rest are.

About drop-down menu after "Pause mining when GPU ..." — I happen to have three options for this: 0, second 0 and 3. Though I have two cards o,o
Huh, might be an extra space in your INI file or something, since OCL.dll clearly will only detect 2 cards, and it's not reporting a conflict in number of GPUs.

About clocks tab: I didn't quite get why do I have to click "Clock speed" every time I want to apply changes Smiley Same for "Fan speed". What about "Save settings" concept?
I did that for clock speeds in 1.7.

Hi! Is there a way for you to remove BIOS limit for all three (Core, Memory, Voltage)? Like a checkbox maybe (warning that it will remove BIOS limit may cause damage to card etc.)

I was getting BSOD after a couple of minutes when I OCed using Afterburner and I tweaked my 5850 to 1010/300/1.25v. It seems since AOCLBF is running with the BIOS limit, when I go past that, it will BSOD. When I'm using the traditional command line, I did not have that issue. I was able to replicate the issue several times.

Overall, when I keep my voltage at stock, do the usual OC, it's working fine, no BSOD. This is using AOCLBF alone. But together with Afterburner, I'm having the issue.
BIOS limit is just that, BIOS limit Undecided. Don't know how to bypass it. When trying to OC past it, the DLL/driver should have just tossed an error, and reset the clocks to the OC before BIOS limit.
Not sure about the BSOD thing, it might be fighting with Afterburner. Try not using more than one tool to OC.
Activity: 25
1.71. Really added POCLBM parsing this time. Didn't know it had different output from Luke-Jr's (and the one with phatk) version.

Works for me now, thanks Smiley
Except "Stale rate unsupported" .. where the rejected hashes should be listed.
Besides that, got even more hashes than before (which are shown in kilohashes now).

Update:
I tried fpgaminer's version, this one runs even smoother - with supported stale rate.
I see my yesterdays mistake..
-> 15 mhashes boost! Will try it on my mining-rig now.

Update 2: no stales yet, pretty awesome. GPU detection + heat monitor works properly, good work!
Hi! Is there a way for you to remove BIOS limit for all three (Core, Memory, Voltage)? Like a checkbox maybe (warning that it will remove BIOS limit may cause damage to card etc.)

I was getting BSOD after a couple of minutes when I OCed using Afterburner and I tweaked my 5850 to 1010/300/1.25v. It seems since AOCLBF is running with the BIOS limit, when I go past that, it will BSOD. When I'm using the traditional command line, I did not have that issue. I was able to replicate the issue several times.

Overall, when I keep my voltage at stock, do the usual OC, it's working fine, no BSOD. This is using AOCLBF alone. But together with Afterburner, I'm having the issue.

I hope I made sense. Just woke up. lol  Grin

Again thanks for the work!

EDIT: And Yeah! I 2nd the motion for like an Apply/Save for OC settings. Thanks!
Activity: 39
Here goes feedback:

If the link between OpenCL GPU list and OS Index is correct (if setting an OpenCL Device automatically selects the corresponding GPU correctly)
Yes, it works fine, GPU is correctly selected. Though it might be difficult for somebody to remember core codenames.

If ADL detects the same number of GPUs as OpenCL (if the OpenCL Device list has same number of GPUs as number of tabs for controlling GPU clocks).
Everything's good here too, same amount of tabs. If you're interested, adapter and OS indexes are the same for each card.

I made an insight on temperatures monitoring and found out something.
I have 5770 and 5850. According to GPU-Z (and some other sources), there are three temp sensors in each card. My sensors values for 5770: 71, 83 and 77. For 5850: 76, 82, 81.
Your monitoring seems to show values of the first sensors, which detect the temperature of a display controller. And these are the lowest values of all three.
MSI Afterburner has one general graph for each graphic card, they are called simply GPU1 temp and GPU2 temp. GPU-Z also has additional GPU temp graph for general GPU temp monitoring. I was surprised to know that both programs use different sensors to show general graphic card temperatures. It's the second sensor for 5770 and the first sensor for 5850. So temps they are showing are 83 and 76 respectively.
Anyway, last paragraph was kinda offtopic. I was just trying to elaborate what sensors are best to use. I propose second ones, they are showing the highest temperatures of the graphic cards. I could finally throw away that afterburner temps from my tray.

About drop-down menu after "Pause mining when GPU ..." — I happen to have three options for this: 0, second 0 and 3. Though I have two cards o,o

About clocks tab: I didn't quite get why do I have to click "Clock speed" every time I want to apply changes Smiley Same for "Fan speed". What about "Save settings" concept?

I think, "BFI_INT" would be more informative and appropriate than "HD5xxx+".

Huh, looks like I'm done for now Cheesy Thanks for impressive work.

Update: oh, sorry, forgot to tell the version, it's 1.7c.
1.71. Really added POCLBM parsing this time. Didn't know it had different output from Luke-Jr's (and the one with phatk) version.
Hm, check the log file or try a fresh copy of it?

Attempt Nr.2:

Downloaded poclbm here -> http://github.com/downloads/m0mchil/poclbm/poclbm_py2exe_20110428.7z
Downloaded aoclbf 1.7

Put aoclbf files in poclbm dir.
Run aoclbf 1.7.exe
1 client, login, server settings - nothing else.
Choose GPU0 worksize 128 (testing with 5770)

--> Run

http://img7.imagebanana.com/img/tjwcl7kk/errorJPG.JPG

Sad
Since nobody complained about temperature monitor thing.

1.7. Saves clock settings and can apply them on startup.

Hm, check the log file or try a fresh copy of it?
Getting problems, won't run poclbm. Won't start any miner - strange.
Just downloaded 1.7c, put poclbm files in same directory and run aoclbf 1.7c.exe.
Text fields as usual.. but when I hit "Start" nothing happens, neither with or without flags. GUIminer poclbm runs without problems..

Maybe I'm just to tired at the moment, but am I doing anything wrong?

Update:
Oh, well, now i got this : Error: Array variable has incorrect number of subscripts or subscript dimension range exceeded.
Even if i delete the *.ini, either it does nothing or it crashes.
c_k
donator
Activity: 242
Excellent work with integrating support for poclbm client with phatk kernel, many thanks!  Grin
Now that was very quick! Downloading and testing right away. Cheesy

Update: the poclbm with phatk fork from fpgaminer is working properly with your frontend.  Grin

Is the OC now being saved? Great work!
1.7c. Added POCLBM parsing. Let me know if anything is broken, as per usual.
Renamed the thing.
Activity: 39
I thought phoenix developers fixed this freezing bug recently. Didn't they?
Hi! I checked this thread : http://forum.bitcoin.org/index.php?topic=19169.new#new
It seems it is very stable and there is no loss in performance. Maybe you can integrate? How I really wish I have some coding skills.  Grin

Second that, would be awesome!
Pages:
Jump to: