Pages:
Author

Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum - page 2. (Read 69327 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
January 27, 2013, 01:05:28 AM
Look at the die shot.

16 fully unrolled cores, each producing 1 hash per clock cycle.
7500MH/s / 16 cores = 468.75MHz.

From what I remember of the announcement, the 500MHz mark was what they moved too.

Edit: Found it.
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/104-shipping-2-3-weeks-2.html#post1461
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
January 27, 2013, 12:45:17 AM
Taken from the Avalon thread:
Now that you are approaching 90 days, I supposed BFL will do the right thing and overclock yet again to compensate their good (and patient) customers with another 20GH/s. Bringing your total to about 80Gh/s.
Quite possibly, yes.
Will 60GH/s be the final number, or will we see higher than that?
Well, they've said before that the chips were designed to go up to 1GHz. If the change to FCBGA fixes thermals problems, 80GH/s shouldn't be a huge problem. 7.5GH/s per chip with 16 fully unrolled cores would imply a clock speed of 469MHz (close to the 500MHz that's been talked about before, so even 10GH/s per chip would be 625MHz if they don't have to cut out cores to improve yields.
First, how did you determine that 469MHz number? Second, I thought that the 500MHz number they were throwing out was for the old 40GH/s number. Now that they're running at 60GH/s, I has assumed they were clocking it closer to 750MHz, and that the final number of 80GH/s was going to be the max of 1GHz.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
January 26, 2013, 11:10:38 PM
Now that you are approaching 90 days, I supposed BFL will do the right thing and overclock yet again to compensate their good (and patient) customers with another 20GH/s. Bringing your total to about 80Gh/s.
Quite possibly, yes.
Well, they've said before that the chips were designed to go up to 1GHz. If the change to FCBGA fixes thermals problems, 80GH/s shouldn't be a huge problem. 7.5GH/s per chip with 16 fully unrolled cores would imply a clock speed of 469MHz (close to the 500MHz that's been talked about before, so even 10GH/s per chip would be 625MHz if they don't have to cut out cores to improve yields.
legendary
Activity: 952
January 26, 2013, 10:55:23 PM
Quite possibly, yes.
Activity: 383
Merit: 250
January 26, 2013, 09:32:30 PM
LOL

BFL had 3 months lead time on AVALON yet AVALON shipped first.

Fucking fail!  Grin Grin Grin

That remains to be seen. If they did then good for them.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
January 26, 2013, 08:02:33 PM
LOL

BFL had 3 months lead time on AVALON yet AVALON shipped first.

Fucking fail!  Grin Grin Grin
Activity: 868
January 26, 2013, 07:44:21 PM
Tycho's Asic project, not ASICMINER... as far as I know....
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
January 26, 2013, 07:36:24 PM

Haha this coming from one of the most unbalanced stalkers on BitcoinTalk.  You should listen to him folks, he knows what the heck he is talking about from first hand experience in stalking others.

By the way, remove my personal details from your BFL forum. (You stated where I live (city) in one of your threads.)

That is your official 24 hour notice. Be sure to remove it from any subsequent quotes made by other members. I'll check back in 1 day to see if it has been removed "Mr. Stalker".
City really is not an issue.

I've run a (free) site for kids (primary age) for many years - thought it's 'idle' at the moment.
The site directly promotes (and requests) to not use their real first name (and doesn't allow a last name for children) - and explains about making up a nick.
I had to make up specific rules about what they were allowed to post and decide what was restricted enough to avoid any identification
(based on no other information available)
The site is fully moderated by me - no info goes on it that I don't approve (or edit with a note of some sort)

City is the lowest level of identification I allow - and I've never had a complaint about it or issues brought up about it.
(though I did make a mistake about it early on and allowed 'School' but revoked it at my decision early on in a review of what I allowed and what some kids wanted to post)
Of course posting someone's city may have issues of personal choice, but it really isn't an issue of identification unless you are silly enough to hand out your full name to everyone and have an uncommon name.
... hmm my full name is in the cgminer source and I'm from Sydney ... lucky my name is common Cheesy

P.S. the site had over 65,000 accounts (parents and children) at it's peak around 2006 so it wasn't a small unknown site ... maybe I should go back to doing that in my spare time rather than BTC Tongue lol

P.P.S. someone delete the Radacoin post above Tongue
Regardless, it has been explicitly requested to be removed by the affected party. (me in this case)

He may very well chose to refuse. We can cross that bridge if it ever develops that way.

Kano, it is just bad form to leave it up if someone requests it to be taken down.

P.S. Someone just mentioned that apparently ASICMiner "Tychos ASIC" (whoever that is?) has folded shop. Extremely bad news....
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
January 26, 2013, 07:30:58 PM

Haha this coming from one of the most unbalanced stalkers on BitcoinTalk.  You should listen to him folks, he knows what the heck he is talking about from first hand experience in stalking others.

By the way, remove my personal details from your BFL forum. (You stated where I live (city) in one of your threads.)

That is your official 24 hour notice. Be sure to remove it from any subsequent quotes made by other members. I'll check back in 1 day to see if it has been removed "Mr. Stalker".
City really is not an issue.

I've run a (free) site for kids (primary age) for many years - thought it's 'idle' at the moment.
The site directly promotes (and requests) to not use their real first name (and doesn't allow a last name for children) - and explains about making up a nick.
I had to make up specific rules about what they were allowed to post and decide what was restricted enough to avoid any identification
(based on no other information available)
The site is fully moderated by me - no info goes on it that I don't approve (or edit with a note of some sort)

City is the lowest level of identification I allow - and I've never had a complaint about it or issues brought up about it.
(though I did make a mistake about it early on and allowed 'School' but revoked it at my decision early on in a review of what I allowed and what some kids wanted to post)
Of course posting someone's city may have issues of personal choice, but it really isn't an issue of identification unless you are silly enough to hand out your full name to everyone and have an uncommon name.
... hmm my full name is in the cgminer source and I'm from Sydney ... lucky my name is common Cheesy

P.S. the site had over 65,000 accounts (parents and children) at it's peak around 2006 so it wasn't a small unknown site ... maybe I should go back to doing that in my spare time rather than BTC Tongue lol

P.P.S. someone delete the Radacoin post above Tongue Thanks.
legendary
January 26, 2013, 06:44:29 PM

legendary
Activity: 1260
January 26, 2013, 06:05:12 PM
EDIT: blew a gasket. Stalkers went to far. Issue has been moderated
Don't be concerned - re: blowing a gasket.
When I saw that picture - it was clear that it 'could' be you and I was thinking WTF why is someone posting a picture of you ...
Seriously some of the crap posted in here gets WAY too personal in people's details for no reason at all.
It is not very hard to track down information about anyone ... the real point is that people think they can hide and not have others 'return the favour'
(of course returning the favour is pretty much as bad as doing it in the first place)
Agreed.

One thing is the internet banter which comes and goes...and another is unwanted attention caused by releasing personal information about someone on the forum.

I understand how Dob feels about it and therefore can fully sympathize with him.

--------------

A few years ago on a forum I helped maintain, there was a DIA (assistant director at the time if I recall correctly) I used to have banter with through one of his close friends.

There isn't a pic of him on the net as far as I know. Hell, I think there are only two photographs of him and one obscure video of him at some D.A.R.P.A. lab (or something like that in the 1980's).

Anyway, some investigative reporter got in contact through a mutual friend and someone apparently leaked the guys home address in some back office file. (Never made it on the internet) I heard there was some incident where someone *really crazy* ran at the guy with a mask of some kind and what the friend said was some kind of handle with an axe. (sketchy memory on the details these days)

Apparently some psycho got the guys unlisted data and tried to attack him or his wife in their driveway.

FBI investigated into it but I do not know if they ever identified the culprit. All my info is second hand so I don't know what went on.

------------------

Moral of the story is to never post your details on any site and don't encourage others to engage in dox'ing.

There are many crazy ass people in the world and some are clearly dangerous and unbalanced.

The net is just some place where people usually post crap without meaning and should always be kept separate from real life psychos. Dox-ed individuals put themselves in danger.

I personally don't like any social networks that ask for invasive details.

Haha this coming from one of the most unbalanced stalkers on BitcoinTalk.  You should listen to him folks, he knows what the heck he is talking about from first hand experience in stalking others.

legendary
January 26, 2013, 05:17:48 PM
When I saw that picture - it was clear that it 'could' be you and I was thinking WTF why is someone posting a picture of you ...
Seriously some of the crap posted in here gets WAY too personal in people's details for no reason at all.
It is not very hard to track down information about anyone ... the real point is that people think they can hide and not have others 'return the favour'
(of course returning the favour is pretty much as bad as doing it in the first place)
Agreed.

One thing is the internet banter which comes and goes...and another is unwanted attention caused by releasing personal information about someone on the forum.

I understand how Dob feels about it and therefore can fully sympathize with him.

--------------

A few years ago on a forum I helped maintain, there was a DIA (assistant director at the time if I recall correctly) I used to have banter with through one of his close friends.

There isn't a pic of him on the net as far as I know. Hell, I think there are only two photographs of him and one obscure video of him at some D.A.R.P.A. lab (or something like that in the 1980's).

Anyway, some investigative reporter got in contact through a mutual friend and someone apparently leaked the guys home address in some back office file. (Never made it on the internet) I heard there was some incident where someone *really crazy* ran at the guy with a mask of some kind and what the friend said was some kind of handle with an axe. (sketchy memory on the details these days)

Apparently some psycho got the guys unlisted data and tried to attack him or his wife in their driveway.

FBI investigated into it but I do not know if they ever identified the culprit. All my info is second hand so I don't know what went on.

------------------

Moral of the story is to never post your details on any site and don't encourage others to engage in dox'ing.

There are many crazy ass people in the world and some are clearly dangerous and unbalanced.

The net is just some place where people usually post crap without meaning and should always be kept separate from real life psychos. Dox-ed individuals put themselves in danger.

I personally don't like any social networks that ask for invasive details.
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
January 26, 2013, 04:51:36 PM
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
January 26, 2013, 11:25:38 AM

c'mon you coward, why are you hiding behind a sock puppet?
Believe it or not I did not post it. That guy did. He claimed it was you.

I would advise you take the issue up with a Moderator and ask them to take it off. Believe it or not I do respect your privacy. I complied with your request in the other thread.

If you see any other references to it in my postings let me know and I will take those out as well. (Make sure to give me a link.)

Even though you did quote that link, I blew a gasket and sent it everyone's way. I apologize for that.

If I was out of line of the whole 'ya mum' thing I'm sorry. Ya mum/ya face is my goto argument when I want everyone to chill out and have a laugh.

I appreciate the view on privacy you have.

I hope we can continue the discussion in a sensible manner.
legendary
January 26, 2013, 11:01:01 AM

c'mon you coward, why are you hiding behind a sock puppet?
Believe it or not I did not post it. That guy did. He claimed it was you.

I would advise you take the issue up with a Moderator and ask them to take it off. Believe it or not I do respect your privacy. I complied with your request in the other thread.

If you see any other references to it in my postings let me know and I will take those out as well. (Make sure to give me a link.)
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
January 26, 2013, 10:37:08 AM

Welcome to the internets.

Yeah this is meant to be a somewhat civilised forum. Not PedoChan
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 26, 2013, 07:55:27 AM
ok this is it, I am now certain that nathanrees19 is somehow affiliated with BFL, probably even Josh himself.

Why?

My posts probably seem out of context, but the site that was linked earlier (which Micon apparently set up in attempt to humiliate Josh - wtf?) previously had pictures of two males (one of them presumably Josh) and text which indicated that they were in a homosexual relationship. This kind of behaviour reeks of homophobia and a whole host of other things that don't need repeating, although I might mention delusional:

isn't your sock-puppet function to troll up the Avalon thread? 

Quote from: Micon's brain
How could this guy criticise me? I am the great BRYAN MICON! He must be a sock puppet.

When someone like that is stinking up a thread that's already a trollfest, it doesn't take someone who is "affiliated" with BFL to call him out on his disturbing behaviour.
legendary
January 26, 2013, 07:25:41 AM
sigh*

OK hang on a sec...

What is to gain here for BFL to lie and hold peoples money any longer with Avalon shipping already and basically days away from mining. I heard in an other post that a person was gonna do a review on it. That he was going to be one of the first to receive an asic.

Why would BFL not just take off now?

Are they just waiting to scoop the fpga now?  Huh

like whats the angle from here on?
If you are a trade-in customer you have to first ship your FPGA to BFL to receive your ASIC with the discount.

OR

You make a deposit for the equivalent FPGA trade in value (in BTC) and then they send you the ASIC unit. (Like a security deposit)

Josh once stated that these deposits won't be converted to USD, if I recall correctly. So if you send in 10 coins, you should get back 10 coins regardless of the market value.

So trade in's require some risk of the buyer in some form or another.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500
January 26, 2013, 07:01:09 AM
sigh*

OK hang on a sec...

What is to gain here for BFL to lie and hold peoples money any longer with Avalon shipping already and basically days away from mining. I heard in an other post that a person was gonna do a review on it. That he was going to be one of the first to receive an asic.

Why would BFL not just take off now?

Are they just waiting to scoop the fpga now?  Huh

like whats the angle from here on?
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
January 26, 2013, 06:55:58 AM
I'm sorry, you're not really worth me putting more than about 2 seconds into thinking about.  You're just a useless piece of shit, why do you think I care one whit about you?  Egomaniac much?

Remember, it's you who's in this thread trolling BFL.  I don't follow you around posting stupid shit about you constantly... I don't give a flying shit about you in the least, you seem to care about me, though. Smiley  If you stopped posting in this thread, I wouldn't even notice your absence, however, I suspect the same is not true for you.

Holy crap dude. I wish I could work for a company that allowed me to speak this bluntly to their customers, without getting fired.
Pages:
Jump to: