Pages:
Author

Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum - page 5. (Read 69327 times)

legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
January 25, 2013, 12:08:49 PM
You do realize that those are new benches as opposed to old ones?  Oh no, wait... your too stupid to figure out simple concepts. 
Activity: 72
Merit: 10
January 25, 2013, 11:54:35 AM
Well it's not very easy to make fun of a company intending to deliver product in October and only now noticing they don't actually have benches to assemble product on.

Oh, wait, it is.

Link? I could use a good laugh. Smiley

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/announcements/692-bfl-asic-status.html
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
January 25, 2013, 11:52:47 AM
Well it's not very easy to make fun of a company intending to deliver product in October and only now noticing they don't actually have benches to assemble product on.

Oh, wait, it is.

Link? I could use a good laugh. Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
January 25, 2013, 10:18:23 AM

Oh, wait, it is.
LOL, I just read about that.

I guess they weren't ready in October as they claimed.
Activity: 952
Merit: 1009
January 25, 2013, 09:38:47 AM

Oh, wait, it is.
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
January 25, 2013, 09:23:16 AM
It's been 14 hours and no troll posts. 

Sure? They may have been simply moved to a "Troll appropriate" thread.
Activity: 896
Merit: 532
Former curator of The Bitcoin Museum
January 25, 2013, 08:21:08 AM
hmm...

Things not lookin good over at the Avalon camp (and definitely not good that the bASIC camp).

It's been 14 hours and no troll posts. 

Picture relevant o.0
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
January 24, 2013, 07:37:52 PM
Butterfly Labs ask International FPGA trade-in clients to get ready to ship

http://mineforeman.com/2013/01/24/butterfly-labs-asks-international-fpga-trade-in-clients-to-get-ready-to-ship/

Once again: Do not send your fpgas to them .....

Why trust them not to run with both (money and FPGA)?

They, should send ASIC first and after you have them working, you should send them the FPGA. They owe you that ....

You're wasting your time. Greed and desire quick and easy money blinds people. BFL knows it.

Just another version of the lottery scam they used to rip off little old ladies.

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
January 24, 2013, 06:49:15 PM

http://mineforeman.com/2013/01/24/butterfly-labs-asks-international-fpga-trade-in-clients-to-get-ready-to-ship/

They, should send ASIC first and after you have them working, you should send them the FPGA. They owe you that ....

You're wasting your time. Greed and desire quick and easy money blinds people. BFL knows it.

Just another version of the lottery scam they used to rip off little old ladies.
legendary
Activity: 1386
January 24, 2013, 06:34:48 PM

Pretty sure that Josh said they can't let people do it with credit card because refunding from the CC merchant account could cause them problems.

They can do it properly with a credit card hold.  They would be charged the percentage even if the hold was not used so they would need to pass that cost on to the buyer (or eat the cost).  That cost could be about $10.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
January 24, 2013, 06:32:53 PM
Yeah They offered a deposit based system so you could avoid loss of income. I believe it applied to either USD or BTC. USD by Credit card or BTC by deposit. Credit card may give the depositor more leverage if something went awry. Also always insure the package or at least get some form of delivery confirmation.

Pretty sure that Josh said they can't let people do it with credit card because refunding from the CC merchant account could cause them problems.

And yeah, people need to insure the package and make sure that the customs information is accurate.  No doubt we'll soon have a "where the fuck did my FPGA go" thread as the delivery of some of the returned units to BFL doesn't happen in the expected time.
Probably. There's going to be at least a few people pissed off when their FPGA gets stuck in customs for two weeks while they watch the difficulty ramp up. Especially if they ordered last summer.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
January 24, 2013, 06:31:04 PM
Yeah They offered a deposit based system so you could avoid loss of income. I believe it applied to either USD or BTC. USD by Credit card or BTC by deposit. Credit card may give the depositor more leverage if something went awry. Also always insure the package or at least get some form of delivery confirmation.

And yeah, people need to insure the package and make sure that the customs information is accurate.  No doubt we'll soon have a "where the fuck did my FPGA go" thread as the delivery of some of the returned units to BFL doesn't happen in the expected time.
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
January 24, 2013, 10:47:30 AM
I remember that differently (I'm searching for that comment to back it up) At the beginning they told everyone that you get your ASIC and then you send it in. So you don't have to deal with loss of income....
Why do you trust them after all the bs that happened?
Come on, be realistic— they're not going to send out a bunch of hardware to random people on the expectation that they'll get around to sending it in... even without any dishonesty, a lot of people will just lazy out of doing the return.  It's hard to get cross shipment of regular RMA computer hardware without putting down a deposit or a credit card number.  Too much fraud exposure.  Spread your caution— if you like— but try to be realistic.

Come on, be realistic - these are their customers who paid money up front, then got screwed with the ever-sliding deadlines. I'm talkin royally screwed, with lost profits and everyrhing, compared to what was promised by BFL.  How about those screwed-up miners send the FPGAs back in "4-6 weeks"?

Signed ^

That's what I'm talking about!

Activity: 756
Merit: 501
There is more to Bitcoin than bitcoins.
January 24, 2013, 10:12:34 AM
I remember that differently (I'm searching for that comment to back it up) At the beginning they told everyone that you get your ASIC and then you send it in. So you don't have to deal with loss of income....
Why do you trust them after all the bs that happened?
Come on, be realistic— they're not going to send out a bunch of hardware to random people on the expectation that they'll get around to sending it in... even without any dishonesty, a lot of people will just lazy out of doing the return.  It's hard to get cross shipment of regular RMA computer hardware without putting down a deposit or a credit card number.  Too much fraud exposure.  Spread your caution— if you like— but try to be realistic.

Come on, be realistic - these are their customers who paid money up front, then got screwed with the ever-sliding deadlines. I'm talkin royally screwed, with lost profits and everyrhing, compared to what was promised by BFL.  How about those screwed-up miners send the FPGAs back in "4-6 weeks"?
legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
January 24, 2013, 09:25:16 AM

^^are you this?

No Smiley I found it on the network Smiley

another one:

^^damn that's me!  Tongue why did you do this?? that's not funny at all!!  Grin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejq-Xu0jM_E
Activity: 182
January 24, 2013, 09:20:39 AM

^^are you this?

No Smiley I found it on the network Smiley

another one:

legendary
Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518
Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206
January 24, 2013, 09:09:12 AM

^^are you this?
legendary
Activity: 1876
January 24, 2013, 08:23:12 AM

I question whether people will be wise to ask if the deposit will be honored in BTC (not BTC to USD).

If so, that would be a very good thing.
Activity: 182
January 24, 2013, 08:07:30 AM

Activity: 981
Merit: 500
DIV - Your "Virtual Life" Secured and Decentralize
January 24, 2013, 06:54:17 AM
Pages:
Jump to: