Pages:
Author

Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum - page 8. (Read 69327 times)

donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
January 21, 2013, 09:57:29 PM
there's roughly 40,000 workers (+/- 5,000) currently mining

Speaking of math, where is this number from? Source?

Sorry about that, meant to edit the post before when I got my link.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxnW49twNMNbZWRnSHJ2SzdyMnc/edit

Hey Korbman, I do like your work - but any chance of using http://blockorigin.pfoe.be/  for your data? The averages are over the last 2016 blocks so it's a bit more accurate.

Also, where do you pull the data for the workers?
Activity: 446
Merit: 250
January 21, 2013, 09:44:08 PM

WOW!
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
January 21, 2013, 08:09:38 PM

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
January 21, 2013, 07:49:28 PM
If BFL isnt using customers funds why did they not have an option to pay a small deposit instead of having to pay the entire price up front ?

BFL did not use customer funds   ....i loled & i loled

Lets strike that bullshit down where ever it trys to raise its head.....(You must live on the banks of a river in Egypt )

Avalon used peoples funds ?? ...... of course they did

Once again the easiest way to make somebody part with $$ is to make u think that u dont need it...its either PR\MARKETING 101 or CON 101 we will see

...but they didn't need it. Vleisides still had the ill gotten gains from his lottery scam.

This made me LOL.

OMG...this is the land of scams and it is a GOOD thing to get scammed right? Damn we have a ton of idiots in this community.
legendary
January 21, 2013, 07:46:10 PM
we'd probably see a 800Th network at some point over the next year. If the manufacturers slash pricing in half, we could easily see a doubling of the hashrate to 1.6Exh simply because the break even calculations have to be adjusted.

Following tera is peta, so you actually mean 1.6Ph, right?

It isn't his job to know that. His job is PROFIT. That is all.  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Activity: 434
January 21, 2013, 07:40:50 PM
If BFL isnt using customers funds why did they not have an option to pay a small deposit instead of having to pay the entire price up front ?

BFL did not use customer funds   ....i loled & i loled

Lets strike that bullshit down where ever it trys to raise its head.....(You must live on the banks of a river in Egypt )

Once again the easiest way to make somebody part with $$ is to make u think that u dont need it...its either PR\MARKETING 101 or CON 101 we will see

...but they didn't need it. Vleisides still had the ill gotten gains from his lottery scam.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
January 21, 2013, 07:36:01 PM

BFL did not use customer funds  ....i loled & i loled

Lets strike that bullshit down where ever it trys to raise its head...(You must live on the banks of a river in Egypt )

Once again the easiest way to make somebody part with $$ is to make u think that u dont need it...its either (PR\MARKETING 101) or (TRIED & FAILED using your $$ 101) we will see
Activity: 310
January 21, 2013, 07:12:59 PM
I never said we wouldn't hit 100m Difficulty... just not in a 10 month time frame.

Also, I definitely plan on being profitable, isn't that the name of the game?
Activity: 574
January 21, 2013, 07:12:27 PM
100,000,000 Difficulty before Jan 1st, 2014?

Please pass whatever the hell you got off silkroad.

I would definitely say that if you are not planning to be profitable at diff 100m or greater, than you have no clue about what's coming.

Where the hell are we getting 730 TH of mining power?

Once initial pre-orders are shipped out, purchasing will continue until profitability calculators are no longer "gold rush" 6-8mo. What happens then? ASIC manufacturers lower their prices because they have a shit ton of chips, PCBs, etc laying around doing nothing.

Avalon add's 30, BFL has 55-75 (preordered), Basic has Huh in march (iffy), drop 20 from GPU miners exiting the scene or going to Litecoin.

If Avalon's website is any clue, they will soon have the capacity to start delivering 30Th per week.....

++

Totally Agree...

(On the proven delivery of ASIC from BFL)

Now production can start in earnest  and these chips will be flying out of the factory

12 months 2000 T/Hash who knows...the market will find a point which will be basically the same as it is now ~8-12% return  pm after power costs as it is now.

So do a reverse engineering price calc and that will be the HASH rate 

So thats the market potential based upon current BTC price & power costs..but hey before the market corrects itself live in a land of milk and honey...Cheesy

If BFL dont deliver AVALON has the ability to manipulate the market and drip feed the product out @ high $$

So its now end game for BFL and all of their current failures...the market will not accept any more BS as there is a real player in the market

GAME ON
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
January 21, 2013, 06:57:12 PM

Most likely because production was only worthwhile with a guaranteed level of orders and plenty of people won't think twice about losing a small deposit.  Small deposits aren't a great measure of how many people will follow through to complete the sale months later. Having stock sitting around in a warehouse waiting to be sold costs money, which is one reason why so many businesses operate on a "just in time" basis.

Also keep in mind that if 100% of pre-order funds are sitting in a quarantined bank account, interest is being earned on those funds.

Don't get me wrong, I really don't like the pre-order model which has been used by ASIC vendors but there are some reasons why it might be attractive to them.
Activity: 560
January 21, 2013, 06:38:33 PM

Activity: 238
Merit: 100
January 21, 2013, 06:37:45 PM

legendary
Activity: 1064
January 21, 2013, 06:31:32 PM
While you are correct that there is no an infinite capacity the network can handle, it does change based off of the pricing of the equipment. So all equipment is selling at $20/Gh, we'd probably see a 800Th network at some point over the next year. If the manufacturers slash pricing in half, we could easily see a doubling of the hashrate to 1.6Exh simply because the break even calculations have to be adjusted.

Umm...where are you guys getting your figures? I see no math, only speculation...

Given the current data at hand (i.e. Avalon at this point), prices are sitting at $25/GH for all future orders. So your 800TH/s prediction requires Avalon to sell over 13,300 devices. That's a hell of a market share given there's roughly 40,000 workers (+/- 5,000) currently mining (which will obviously plummet once ASICs are in full swing).

Its easy to be profitable when everyone else is paying for your hardware and you are taking 30% of the mining output in fees.

Well, that's just business. Look at what the financial services industry does Tongue
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
January 21, 2013, 06:27:22 PM

I would definitely say that if you are not planning to be profitable at diff 100m or greater, than you have no clue about what's coming.

Once initial pre-orders are shipped out, purchasing will continue until profitability calculators are no longer "gold rush" 6-8mo. What happens then? ASIC manufacturers lower their prices because they have a shit ton of chips, PCBs, etc laying around doing nothing.

Avalon add's 30, BFL has 55-75 (preordered), Basic has Huh in march (iffy), drop 20 from GPU miners exiting the scene or going to Litecoin.

If Avalon's website is any clue, they will soon have the capacity to start delivering 30Th per week.....

Its easy to be profitable when everyone else is paying for your hardware and you are taking 30% of the mining output in fees.

Non sequitur.
legendary
Activity: 1974
Merit: 1029
January 21, 2013, 06:26:06 PM
we'd probably see a 800Th network at some point over the next year. If the manufacturers slash pricing in half, we could easily see a doubling of the hashrate to 1.6Exh simply because the break even calculations have to be adjusted.

Following tera is peta, so you actually mean 1.6Ph, right?
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
January 21, 2013, 06:24:01 PM

vip
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000
AKA: gigavps
January 21, 2013, 06:21:51 PM

true, but at a certain point in time adding 30 TH to one's mining farm gives a negative return, I mean, you end up paying more in electricity than you get from mining.

there is not an infinitely available mining capacity, it is constrained by electricity costs.

IMHO.

spiccioli

While you are correct that there is no an infinite capacity the network can handle, it does change based off of the pricing of the equipment. So all equipment is selling at $20/Gh, we'd probably see a 800Th network at some point over the next year. If the manufacturers slash pricing in half, we could easily see a doubling of the hashrate to 1.6Exh simply because the break even calculations have to be adjusted.
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1005
January 21, 2013, 06:14:20 PM
because they have a shit ton of chips, PCBs, etc laying around doing nothing.
Are you so rich to afford your money printing press laying around doing nothing?

Nah he had others pay for the gear and he's screwing them.

Yup from what I am aware of, giga ordered 4 BFL mini rigs.

He must be pissed at how long it is taking to get them delivered and running. LOL!

Not to mention he didn't pay for it....the people in his 'mining company' did.

This by far was the best con here in my mind. The one where ppl were screwed and all the while they thought it was a good thing. Heck.. There is still some people left still willing to give him more money for a negative return.
Who is getting a negative return?
legendary
Activity: 2072
January 21, 2013, 05:21:44 PM
Are you so rich to afford your money printing press laying around doing nothing?

He must be pissed at how long it is taking to get them delivered and running. LOL!

This by far was the best con here in my mind. The one where ppl were screwed and all the while they thought it was a good thing. Heck.. There is still some people left still willing to give him more money for a negative return.
legendary
January 21, 2013, 04:59:59 PM

Pages:
Jump to: