Pages:
Author

Topic: [Archive] BFL trolling museum - page 6. (Read 69327 times)

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
January 24, 2013, 06:50:53 AM
I believe they offer a possibility to send BTC to them for the USD value of your FPGA gear. They will then immediately send you ASIC. When you get your ASIC, you send the FPGA unit back. When they get it back, they refund your BTC. And the quantity of BTC will be equal to the quantity sent.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
January 24, 2013, 05:34:21 AM
I remember that differently (I'm searching for that comment to back it up) At the beginning they told everyone that you get your ASIC and then you send it in. So you don't have to deal with loss of income....
Why do you trust them after all the bs that happened?
Come on, be realistic— they're not going to send out a bunch of hardware to random people on the expectation that they'll get around to sending it in... even without any dishonesty, a lot of people will just lazy out of doing the return.  It's hard to get cross shipment of regular RMA computer hardware without putting down a deposit or a credit card number.  Too much fraud exposure.  Spread your caution— if you like— but try to be realistic.

Reads like a Mexican standoff. With that, I'm calling it a night.
staff
Activity: 4200
Merit: 8441
January 24, 2013, 05:30:15 AM
I remember that differently (I'm searching for that comment to back it up) At the beginning they told everyone that you get your ASIC and then you send it in. So you don't have to deal with loss of income....
Come on, be realistic— they're not going to send out a bunch of hardware to random people on the expectation that they'll get around to sending it in... even without any dishonesty, a lot of people will just lazy out of doing the return.  It's hard to get cross shipment of regular RMA computer hardware without putting down a deposit or a credit card number.  Too much fraud exposure.  Spread your caution— if you like— but try to be realistic.
Activity: 784
January 24, 2013, 04:51:19 AM

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
January 24, 2013, 04:36:55 AM
They, should send ASIC first and after you have them working, you should send them the FPGA. They owe you that ....

Sorry, no. If the trade-in agreement said to send FPGAs before they send ASICs, then all they "owe" their trade-in customers is to honor that agreement.
Activity: 784
January 24, 2013, 04:16:03 AM
Butterfly Labs ask International FPGA trade-in clients to get ready to ship

http://mineforeman.com/2013/01/24/butterfly-labs-asks-international-fpga-trade-in-clients-to-get-ready-to-ship/

Once again: Do not send your fpgas to them .....

Why trust them not to run with both (money and FPGA)?

They, should send ASIC first and after you have them working, you should send them the FPGA. They owe you that ....
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
January 24, 2013, 04:05:55 AM
We descend upon the Post Office, DHL, UPS and FedEx like a horde of angry locust

I mentioned to Josh that there'll be no need to go to any of the above places, having to wait in line, etc. They'll all pick up. Several years ago I had all my packages (mainly books sold on Alibris) labeled and postage paid via online services, awaiting the PO driver to pick up. The process is virtually the same for the other carriers. Therefore, regress back to grasshoppers and relax, otherwise some Mexican midget at the other end of the counter may mistaken a swarm of delivery personnel as a delicacy--chapulines.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Clown prophet
January 24, 2013, 02:41:49 AM
Butterfly Labs ask International FPGA trade-in clients to get ready to ship

http://mineforeman.com/2013/01/24/butterfly-labs-asks-international-fpga-trade-in-clients-to-get-ready-to-ship/
legendary
Activity: 1002
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin
January 23, 2013, 11:05:27 PM
there's roughly 40,000 workers (+/- 5,000) currently mining

Speaking of math, where is this number from? Source?

Sorry about that, meant to edit the post before when I got my link.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxnW49twNMNbZWRnSHJ2SzdyMnc/edit

Interesting doc Korbman, thanks for sharing !
KWH
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1045
In Collateral I Trust.
January 23, 2013, 10:35:03 PM
/facepalm So much Overtroll.

C'mon guys, simmer down a little Atleast with the photos

Ignore works very well, I suggest you use it.

Not quite. An ignored post takes up a 1 inch band of real estate on my screen.

The forum should have an Ignore Plus feature where the ingored poster disappears completely.

I'm all for that!

That would be amazing...then when I click on a page in this thread, I'll find that there's 1 or 2 actually useful posts. It'll make going through 130 pages super quick.
A guy can dream, right?

Sure can. Would make things a bit easier for many.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
January 23, 2013, 10:23:03 PM

The forum should have an Ignore Plus feature where the ingored poster disappears completely.

I'm all for that!

That would be amazing...then when I click on a page in this thread, I'll find that there's 1 or 2 actually useful posts. It'll make going through 130 pages super quick.
A guy can dream, right?
KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.
January 23, 2013, 09:51:01 PM

I'm all for that!
donator
Activity: 1616
Merit: 1003
January 23, 2013, 09:33:06 PM

Activity: 574
January 23, 2013, 07:44:04 PM
We can even prove the existence of God!

Oh no! You'll encourage that guy who keeps talking about 12th century Catholics Sad

++2

...loled so much a tear came to my eye ... a box full of shoes with fans ... Cheesy Cheesy Cry
Activity: 568
January 23, 2013, 07:32:53 PM
Have faith sheeple, have faith Grin
Keep playin' attention whore Frizz Supertramp, keep playin'
BFL_Josh
: Jeez.. Frizz has been busy. Just banned 6 accounts created today
KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.
January 23, 2013, 12:26:12 PM

legendary
Activity: 1428
Okey Dokey Lokey
January 23, 2013, 12:11:54 PM

Activity: 1162
January 23, 2013, 10:50:49 AM
Josh stated somewhere on the BFL forums that he wasn't allowed to make any pictures in the facility.
He only made some pictures of the outside. But he also can't post those cause there are details about the faccility on the pictures he doesn't want to leak out to prevent people harrassing the facility.
He could blur out the details he said. But then you just only have pictures of a big building.

They finally published pictures of the facility!

Like with all their products they had to put the facility in a box & wrap it so that no one can actually see it:

Have faith sheeple, have faith Grin
KWH
legendary
In Collateral I Trust.
January 23, 2013, 10:31:34 AM
We can even prove the existence of God!

Oh no! You'll encourage that guy who keeps talking about 12th century Catholics Sad

legendary
Activity: 1428
Okey Dokey Lokey
January 23, 2013, 10:16:59 AM
Boxes... Cool...
Why the hell cant you just be at the chip fabrication, and snap a quick shot of the In Construction board?
It would shut everyone up. "chip fab plant isnt nearby" Well yeah, But you DID visit it once before, And I still havent seen photos

Josh stated somewhere on the BFL forums that he wasn't allowed to make any pictures in the facility.
He only made some pictures of the outside. But he also can't post those cause there are details about the faccility on the pictures he doesn't want to leak out to prevent people harrassing the facility.
He could blur out the details he said. But then you just only have pictures of a big building.

Well, That IS a good answer if Certain chips in the factory (wich sometimes can be) are sensitive to photography.
And the explantaion about the building makes good sense.
Pages:
Jump to: