Pages:
Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 16. (Read 395476 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 0
It seems to me that the Ardor project is very unstable, because at first the price soared, and then it also fell.
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
It is difficult to choose a coin that can give big profits in a short time, but with patience we can get a big profit, Ardor is a coin that has good potential in the future so it is worthy of being a long-term investment.
Activity: 396
Merit: 250
Activity: 396
FYI

There's less than 1 hour left until Dominium announces the final secret word that gives access to nxter.org's #SummerQuest (IV) bonus account with 1000 $DOM tokens.

https://www.nxter.org/summer-quest/#stage4

Another account has 1000 $IGNIS up for grabs, and the final word in its passphrase will be revealed during the Gamejam hackathon in Krems this weekend.
legendary
Activity: 3080
Merit: 1080
The ARDOR coin project has a good future and investors can hold 30% of the positions. The next bull market is coming. I firmly believe that the price of ARDOR will satisfy the current investors.

No it's not; at least not until the next btc bull market comes.

Activity: 336
Merit: 100
The ARDOR coin project has a good future and investors can hold 30% of the positions. The next bull market is coming. I firmly believe that the price of ARDOR will satisfy the current investors.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
Yep.

Lior Yaffe (I think it's him, "lyaffe" at Stackexchange) has answered my question at Stackexchange. The main problem being that currently Contracts are not allowed to be triggered by phased transactions, but if I interpret his answer right then that could be changed. And a small enhancement of Phased Transactions would be required, too.

I'll soon write an a bit more detailed answer to Lior at Stackexchange - it seems that I misunderstood something about Phased Transactions (because I thought they worked more like Bitcoin's scripts), so I first want to ensure I understood it right now re-reading the Phased Transaction description.

If you ask me, if that could be implemented (and it looks so), that would be tremendously bullish Grin
Activity: 34
Merit: 5
So you can lease your Ardor for a maximum of around 65k blocks or around 40 days. Does the lease have to finish/run out before you can do a new one or can you extend a running lease by repeating the necessary steps?

AFAIK you can plan your next lease directly, but not more than one future lease. So only the one that is running right now and the next one.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 362
So you can lease your Ardor for a maximum of around 65k blocks or around 40 days. Does the lease have to finish/run out before you can do a new one or can you extend a running lease by repeating the necessary steps?
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005
Seems that StackExchange is, according to Lior Yaffe's wishes, to become the main discussion portal for Ardor. There's an Ardor Stackexchange in the making, until it's ready the Bitcoin Stackexchange should be used (where altcoins are allowed).

I was wondering if a trustless variant of Lightweight Contracts is possible. It would however, very likely, need a new type of Phased Transactions. If someone knows the answer, feel free to post there. If this works, then Lightweight Contracts could be used for similar use cases than Ethereum smart contracts.

Did you check https://nxtwiki.org/wiki/Lightweight_Contracts ?
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
Seems that StackExchange is, according to Lior Yaffe's wishes, to become the main discussion portal for Ardor. There's an Ardor Stackexchange in the making, until it's ready the Bitcoin Stackexchange should be used (where altcoins are allowed).

I was wondering if a trustless variant of Lightweight Contracts is possible. It would however, very likely, need a new type of Phased Transactions. If someone knows the answer, feel free to post there. If this works, then Lightweight Contracts could be used for similar use cases than Ethereum smart contracts.

Activity: 34
Merit: 5
From an economical point of view, the ROI for forging is very low right now, because there aren't that many transactions (i.e. fees) in each block. Keep in mind that forging is a lottery. The more ARDR you have, the higher your chances to win the lottery. According to ardor.tools, currently there are around 300 000 000 ARDR used to forge. If you are using 10000 ARDR to forge it means that your chances are 1/30000 to generate a block. Or, in other words, you'll most probably need to wait 30000 blocks (around 20 days) to get to forge a block if you use 10000ARDR. And when you forge a block you receive the fees of the transactions included in that block, no new coins are created.

That is why a forging pool might be a good idea. I currently leased my Ardor to www.ardorpool.org
It's not very profitable but I like to believe that I support a small pool to keep the network decentralized. Also, the pool has no fees right now.
Activity: 616
From an economical point of view, the ROI for forging is very low right now, because there aren't that many transactions (i.e. fees) in each block. Keep in mind that forging is a lottery. The more ARDR you have, the higher your chances to win the lottery. According to ardor.tools, currently there are around 300 000 000 ARDR used to forge. If you are using 10000 ARDR to forge it means that your chances are 1/30000 to generate a block. Or, in other words, you'll most probably need to wait 30000 blocks (around 20 days) to get to forge a block if you use 10000ARDR. And when you forge a block you receive the fees of the transactions included in that block, no new coins are created.
Activity: 145
Merit: 251
- The Sun -
I ve finally made a Bitcointalkthread for Ignis
| IGNIS | most advanced public blockchain yet! [POS] [ARDOR] [Childchain]
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ignis-most-advanced-public-blockchain-yet-pos-ardor-childchain-4938611
Activity: 206
Merit: 69
News digest 22.08.18
Activity: 51
Merit: 0
5 bitcoins volume on binance for last day ... 5, Carl, well, no comments
I started to buy ardor in June 2017, sold 20% at the top, then bought it again in July 2018...
Now I sold 50% of it.
I really don't know what must happen to make ardor return to normal price, volumes ... dominium? triffic? another project? Competition with Ethereum? Oh , common...
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
AKA RJF - Member since '13
Welcome to the Crypto rollercoaster, The trick is to get on and off at the right time.

Just don't stand up, you'll loose your head...
Activity: 160
Merit: 10
Welcome to the Crypto rollercoaster, The trick is to get on and off at the right time.
Pages:
Jump to: