Pages:
Author

Topic: | ARDOR | Scalable Blockchain-as-a-Service Platform | Proof of Stake - page 28. (Read 395481 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250
If one can forge ardor by using a raspberry pi 3 device using a solar device. Can someone create a child chain token in Ardor for harnessing solar power and contribute it to the grid and earn crypto tokens in return ... a truly green project!!
I think a few of those already existed in the past. But I dont think they ever really went anywhere. But now with child chains it might work out better.
Activity: 518
Merit: 106
If one can forge ardor by using a raspberry pi 3 device using a solar device. Can someone create a child chain token in Ardor for harnessing solar power and contribute it to the grid and earn crypto tokens in return ... a truly green project!!
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
I have totally no idea, there are two products ongoing parallel: NXT and Ardor.
I see the basic framework are same for both and the same dev.
I should take Ardor as NXT 2.0, but it seems no as NXT is running.
Strange thing.
Ardor is NXT 2.0. I wrote it several times: The technology jump was so big that even a hard fork probably wouldn't have worked (it would have been too complicated) so a swap was the better option.

The decision to keep NXT running has some points in favour:
- The Ardor blockchain can be thoroughly tested. It's a new technology with some never-realized ideas, and so something could have gone wrong, and then NXT would be there as a "fallback" option.
- People who have used the Asset exchange could/can decide, without rush, if they want to migrate or not.
- NXT can be used as a cheap ICO platform.

And: Even if the devs decided to "take NXT down", as it is a public, open [unfortunately, already not really open source] project, nobody can force the nodes to simply "press the off button" and another development team to jump in.
Activity: 219
Merit: 15
A little correction: if somebody clones Ardor, airdrop goes to Ignis holders, not Ardr.

yeah, but if someone clones NXT airdrop tokens go to NXT holders, not Ignis. In this respect it is better to hold both Ignis and NXT.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500

I have totally no idea, there are two products ongoing parallel: NXT and Ardor.
I see the basic framework are same for both and the same dev.
I should take Ardor as NXT 2.0, but it seems no as NXT is running.
Strange thing.
Activity: 79
Merit: 0
In my opinion, it is better to make your own research and trust your guts.
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 6249
Decentralization Maximalist
Does a small transaction really costs two Ardors?
Normally, it should cost 1 ARDR, not 2. Here you can see the minimum fees: Ardor Fees (at jelurida.com)

The ARDOR transaction fee is equal to the NXT transaction fee, but it is also high "on purpose" because for common transactions, people should use IGNIS (or other child chains) where the minimum fee is 0.01 ARDR, but it is paid by bundlers (so the minimum fee depends on the current bundler's fee). The idea is that ARDR is only used for large transactions, child chain blocks and for consensus (forging).
Activity: 924
Merit: 556
Does a small transaction really costs two Ardors? I had not sent any token since the genesis block was created  early this year.
Today I sent 100 Ardors and the receiver only got 98. That are almost 90 Cents in fee. Really expensive. Are there plans to reduce the fee?
Activity: 1596
Merit: 362
How are the forging pools catering to the ardor snapshots? Are they passing on ardor tokens?

What snapshots are you talking about? I think you confuse something. Plus, you only lend the pool your forging power but not your balance so if there were a snapshot you'd be good anyway.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
Can ARDOR really bring a brilliant color to the world of encrypted money like NXT?
Activity: 18
How are the forging pools catering to the ardor snapshots? Are they passing on ardor tokens?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I hold ardor from day one,even i bought some in $1 and never sold any.It is one of few projects that I believe in it.just really mad because of HitBtc.10000 of my ardors stock in that shitty exchange.i hate hitbtc and I don’t now why NXT team dont do anything about that.

I am in the same position (not as much Ardor). I believe the NXT team need to pro-actively start pushing HITBTC. This is getting ridiculous. I cannot even exchange it for BTC to transfer out. I have a bad feeling about this exchange.

That's the problem of HitBTC exchange. Sometimes, you look the price on it is so high, that is why I go to this shit exchange to trade on it. But it is a trap.

I think NXT/Ardor dev have no way to accuse it.
Activity: 38
Second time Poloniex takes from me deposit fee (2 ARDR), because they send money to a cold wallet
Activity: 10
I hold ardor from day one,even i bought some in $1 and never sold any.It is one of few projects that I believe in it.just really mad because of HitBtc.10000 of my ardors stock in that shitty exchange.i hate hitbtc and I don’t now why NXT team dont do anything about that.

I am in the same position (not as much Ardor). I believe the NXT team need to pro-actively start pushing HITBTC. This is getting ridiculous. I cannot even exchange it for BTC to transfer out. I have a bad feeling about this exchange.
Activity: 322
ARDOR is very good, as long as the encrypted money market will pull up the whole market.
Activity: 1358
Merit: 635

10 K of ARDR is quite a sum and it is  pitiable to hear they stuck on exchange. If you have some more in your own wallet you can lease them to forging pool. By doing this you will help to make the net more secure and get some reward for this.
Activity: 36
Activity: 62
Ardor (ARDR) all-in-one info now added here:

https://chatoncrypto.com/Crypto/C/36-ARDR-Ardor

Thanks.
Activity: 336
ARDOR do you get the barn on the dips? I'm afraid that May is about to take off, so we must buy and hold it and wait for it to pull up.
Pages:
Jump to: