Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you long term or short term? - page 2. (Read 3570 times)

Activity: 141
Merit: 10
September 05, 2018, 09:10:32 AM
The selling of coins and holding them also depends on the coin you hold. If the coins have good potential and hard working team, there in no need to hurry. Instead you should hold it for a bit long to gain some significant profit.
Activity: 840
Merit: 137
September 05, 2018, 09:03:34 AM
if in my opinion, the determination of long term or short term when we see some significant movements occur in the coin that we hold.
all depends on conditions
for hold coin, of course we have to create a support and resistance limit.
when the price decreases beyond the limit, it is only natural that we do cutloss. and so does the opposite.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
September 05, 2018, 08:51:35 AM
I am trading once in a while because I have coins in exchanges. Sometimes I buy and just wait the coin to go up in value before I sell, of course I know it is in dip. Now, which is better, set it to your expected price so that when it hit you sold? O wait for the price to go up and sell even if it did not reach yet to your  target price? Thanks.
I consider that the long-term strategy is more safe! For short-term trading you need a lot of capital and good insider information!))
Right now, why do not I see safety from long term investments, I just see the market turn red and that is continuous, it can not tend to go up for a long time, and I see people are making decisions as you, long term investment, they are really desperate. Their assets continue to show signs of instability and will likely evaporate in the next few days while for short term investors, they are smiling and feel lucky when they make the right decision, make profits every day and survive even in the red market
Activity: 537
Merit: 100
September 05, 2018, 08:42:26 AM
I am trading once in a while because I have coins in exchanges. Sometimes I buy and just wait the coin to go up in value before I sell, of course I know it is in dip. Now, which is better, set it to your expected price so that when it hit you sold? O wait for the price to go up and sell even if it did not reach yet to your  target price? Thanks.
I consider that the long-term strategy is more safe! For short-term trading you need a lot of capital and good insider information!))
Activity: 95
Merit: 2
September 05, 2018, 08:08:29 AM
Long term for me. Till I die  Grin More seriously, it would be crazy to sell right now. The market is so low and everything is in red. No, personally, no choice: I hold. I will try to do it until 2019 and even 2020 if I am patient. Fingers crossed. 2019 will be a better year I hope....
Activity: 1498
Merit: 251
KUWA.ai
September 05, 2018, 08:05:04 AM
I think it is better to be a short term investor because the market prices are constantly fluctuating.
However, I think that depends on the decisions of the investors respectively,
because in my opinion between short-term and long-term investments is just as good so it's better to choose both
Alright but we must try to see how strong the fundamental support for both of coins. As you can see that how it goes worst and worst everytime. We need something that will create such a massive adoption to the whole of crypto.
Basically crypto is a longterm journey consider about how long the time that has been taken to create something new to be used by so many parties.
Activity: 168
September 05, 2018, 05:42:38 AM
more longterm because in the current situation for a short-term trading situation it would be very risky. we better trade in the long run to get big profits
Risking our money just because we are getting greedy, I don't really want to experience it. The safe way to live in this situation is doing long term investment. We don't need to hold for too long. As long as it can be profit, it's enough.
Activity: 182
September 05, 2018, 05:30:22 AM
I am using both strategies for different coins in my pholio. Day tdading is good for cheap coins and long games are great for ethereum or bitcoin)
Activity: 68
September 05, 2018, 05:16:06 AM
The most fundamental purpose of our coming to this market is actually to make money, so I think we have to learn different trading skills to achieve this goal. Whether it is short-term or long-term, we should reasonably plan according to the amount of funds. This is not the same.
Activity: 238
Merit: 2
ADAB-First crypto exchange Islamic Crypto exchange
September 05, 2018, 05:09:43 AM
Yes I'm a long term hodler and holding long term is less pressure compared to have it in short term then sell it even if the price is not good enough to give you profits. Although long term is good only if you don't need money as you can leave it until it reach the all time high but your coins will lose it's value once the price go into dip.
Activity: 336
W12 – Blockchain protocol
September 04, 2018, 10:48:43 AM
I'm holding my coins for a long term as I believe on their project that will give a good profits once the project get huge. I'm optimistic that in 2 years of holding the price is good enough. Although short term is also good but I don't have time to monitor the prices everyday.
Activity: 700
Merit: 101
September 04, 2018, 09:25:52 AM
I chose a long time because I think it's safer to play for a long time so do not have to keep seeing the price every day. see the price once a week I think we can already profit  Grin
where can you conclude this? many people are trapped and suffer losses due to long-term investments when in the end the altcoins they hold turn into shitcoin that is worthless.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
September 04, 2018, 08:25:53 AM
I think it is better to be a short term investor because the market prices are constantly fluctuating.
because in my opinion between short-term and long-term investments is just as good so it's better to choose both
Most people choose both, because long-term or short-term investments bring profits after a certain period of time. Depending on the market, there will be short-term or long-term cases. Example as:  the market goes down like now, long-term investment is a good choice
Activity: 770
Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World
September 04, 2018, 08:19:41 AM
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1277
September 04, 2018, 07:56:24 AM
I am mostly long-term now. I used to do a lot of trading, but that was before I found out that crypto-to-crypto trades are taxable events where I live (UK). So now I only make longer-term trades, where I am confident that the profit will exceed the tax liability.
And yes I think it is important to pay taxes.
copper member
Activity: 103
Merit: 1
September 04, 2018, 07:50:05 AM
Activity: 434
Merit: 102
Chikuntv
August 17, 2018, 11:07:39 AM
I do have long-term bag (BTC, ETH, XMR). I have some mid-term alts positions and a trading capital also (I use it for arbitrage trading nowadays, 5%+ per day using crypscan service)
copper member
Activity: 98
August 17, 2018, 10:42:51 AM
I am definitely long term. It is a no brainer to be long term in a rising industry. The thing is just to make the right picks... The long term prospects of high quality projects are very green, so it is only a matter of time, when the market will pick up again. Remember that the total value of all cryptocurrencies and tokens is today only 2-3% of the total value of all fiat currencies, so the trend can only be up!

I would use this summer lull and directionless market to do my study and research in peace for the future winners, to spot them and buy into them now, when everything is very cheap! One can make a lot of good bargains today…

Seek for the hidden gems with a lot of study, analysis and thorough assessment of projects. You just need to do your research carefully and don't trust ICO listing sites etc. because ratings can be bought. Careful research is very important to avoid scams and other low quality projects - don't trust anyone but your own research!

I have been recently following Stellar that is generally on the rise and the tokens issued on the Stellar platform - now there is a bump like in any cryptocurrency over the past few days, but generally Stellar is on the rise because of the prospective Coinbase listing and other advances. This will also boost tokens issued on the Stellar platform...

My most recent find among alts is AXU, "Argentas Exchange Unit" token issued on the Stellar platform and listed and verified on the Stellarport decentralized exchange, now only at its pre-distribution, or pre-ICO phase. A true hidden diamond, with low profile so far. Experienced people clearly, and cool tech for decentralizing and revolutionizing global banking - their website at argentas.io.

The pre-ICO price is 50% cheaper than the ICO price, a sure winner IMO, and I will certainly get some. They also have an ANN thread, I think here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xxx-4431900. I dug really deep in their content, and it is really cool stuff Grin But don’t forget your own research!
Activity: 783
August 17, 2018, 06:01:34 AM
for now the long term is better than the short term, because market conditions are currently unstable. so when choosing a short term will only make the profit that we get a little and not maximal.
Activity: 826
Merit: 254
August 17, 2018, 05:47:42 AM
I'm both. I hodl long-term good projects and also sometimes I do short-term trading. Especially when I see opportunities to buy / sell coins/tokens.
Pages:
Jump to: