Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you long term or short term? - page 7. (Read 3570 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 101
July 18, 2018, 08:08:32 AM
I usually keep my coin for 6 months is maximum. Personally I can not keep longer. I bought some GBX at 20$. and now it's only 2$. But I do not care about it. Long-term investment is not a concern at current prices. Just wait until you reach the goal
Activity: 340
Merit: 100
July 18, 2018, 07:44:53 AM
Personally, I like to hold for long term before I sell any of the coin I hold because it is usually more profitable as the price would have multiplied and then I can make reasonable profit but the length of hold depends largely on the potential of the coin, if it is a less potential one, I sell as soon as it gets to a targeted price.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
Defend Bitcoin and its PoW: bitcoincleanup.com
July 18, 2018, 06:40:15 AM
i think short term investment has many ways to risk your money for lost. unless you are an experienced trader and have enough knowledge about cryptocurrency daily, monthly and yearly trends. i really do not recommend for short term investment or do some fools trade. you can speculate anything but when the market's price beating you, you will cry loud.
Activity: 840
Merit: 137
July 18, 2018, 06:34:17 AM
in my opinion, determining trading strategy is strongly recommended. then when the strategy does not go well, or misses.
we should be able to take risks for small losses .. and change the market. before assets decrease more.
so the point is set a support and ressistance.
when the price is in the range of support and ressistance, then keep waiting and be patient to monitor the price.
Activity: 424
Merit: 75
TalkImg.com - Image hosting for BitcoinTalk
July 18, 2018, 06:16:33 AM
Not long nor short. Life isn't black or white.

I have learnt that you have to take some profits from time to time and not be so greedy you want to call the top, but I can't imagine myself selling my entire portfolio ever and regretting it in 5, 10, 15 years from now.

On the other hand, on very short intraday trades, I think they're like a lottery, but again it can be quite profitable if you take several small profits and you're not too greedy by risking too much with big positions, leverage etc.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
July 18, 2018, 05:53:53 AM
If I prefer long term. The fluctuating nature of crypto is very difficult to predict. Usually up and down prices is totally unpredictable. if using a short-term method then the greater risk of loss is faced. We recommend reducing the risk by using long-term and more definite benefits.
Activity: 644
Merit: 10
July 18, 2018, 04:36:29 AM
The daily trade which is currently my focus because with such advantages can be felt every day. Let alone this time BTC are going up and it will be something positive to Altcoin. And to get a huge profit opportunity.
Activity: 126
July 18, 2018, 04:30:35 AM
I have some holdings that I prefer to hold long term because I believe to the process of improvement of that token like dent and trx.
I also do short term holding, short because I do it sometimes when I have time. I buy bulk tokens and if I think I have a small profit I sell it immediately.

Long term and short term investing is risky you need to act smart and carefully to prevent loss.
July 18, 2018, 02:51:29 AM
There are some coins that are good for long term investment like bitcoin, ethereum and litecoin. Before buying a coin, it's better to research it first and find out if that coin have the best potential to give you profit in the long term. If you have some significant funds for long term investment then buy not just a single coin.
Merit: 1
July 18, 2018, 02:48:23 AM
When it come's to profit,i i do sell my holding's wether it's not reach my target price.
As of now i don't trust the market race, but i have some alts that i probably hold for long term.
Activity: 392
July 18, 2018, 02:35:01 AM
maybe I can not say whether I'm doing for the short or long term because I'm going to sell when I'm getting a profit, whether I get it in the short or long term and I do it calmly and patiently
Activity: 490
July 18, 2018, 02:03:40 AM
I am going to be in here for a long term, just like i have been doing during the last few years (i am on this forum since 2012) and it has always been exactly like that, you can not expext to be rich in less than a few years from investing on crypto

Me, too, Probably, if I had just a little bit more time than now, I will try to deal with the day trading. However, I choose the long-term investment.
Activity: 567
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
July 14, 2018, 11:39:16 PM
I am trading once in a while because I have coins in exchanges. Sometimes I buy and just wait the coin to go up in value before I sell, of course I know it is in dip. Now, which is better, set it to your expected price so that when it hit you sold? O wait for the price to go up and sell even if it did not reach yet to your  target price? Thanks.

I prefer long term over short term. Most of my coins are in my portfolio for long term plans. But still, you have to consider which coins are good for long term or short term. The top coins that are already expensive and have already grown in value exponentially will have to take time before increasing again. New coins are perfect for short term because there are more chances of stronger pumps.
Activity: 98
July 14, 2018, 11:35:37 PM
Trading on a short term basis is very advantageous since you can alter and manipulate your investment to different kind of cryptocurrency. What i am doing now is just a simple holding of coin and waiting game wherein I would sell my tokens when the price reach to a satisfying market profits.
Activity: 434
Merit: 101
July 14, 2018, 11:30:02 PM
I'm investing base on my capacity and it can be in a short term if I need money. Although I prefer to hold it longer once I see a good future on my token.

That's what i am doing too. As long as i can see a good opportunity to sell my crypto assets at high price, i will sell it most especially that the market is always falling rather than rising. But as to bitcoin and ethereum, i am really holding them for long term.
Activity: 322
Ether Addict
July 14, 2018, 07:21:26 PM
i remember someone saying trader bitcoin, so i hodl'ed

in the end, i just bought and went out and lived my life, and sort of forgot I owned them.

3 years later I had amassed $163,444 in btc, and now diversifited that.

HODL will always be better than daytrading, and doing silly things.
Activity: 504
July 14, 2018, 05:48:45 PM
short-term investments have made me feel very tired . i am always worried about its price falling . i look at the price of it every day . now , i plan to invest some coins for a long time . they are bitcoin , eos , ontology .

You have to have a lot of time to be a short-term investor or a so-called day trader. I prefer to invest in the most stable altcoins and hold them for long.
I fully agree with you that it is much easier to store longer, because we all expect in the long term to increase the market price for all coins. Thus, you can not follow the market and the schedule of falling and rising prices, but just wait for a certain period to get your profit.
Activity: 350
July 14, 2018, 05:47:17 PM
I am going to be in here for a long term, just like i have been doing during the last few years (i am on this forum since 2012) and it has always been exactly like that, you can not expext to be rich in less than a few years from investing on crypto

I determined long-term investment from the early days of entering this market because it suited my ability and condition. Long-term investment gives me more time to do other things than just constantly watching the candlestick charts and the market fluctuations of hours ahead of the computer.
Activity: 518
July 14, 2018, 05:37:15 PM
short-term investments have made me feel very tired . i am always worried about its price falling . i look at the price of it every day . now , i plan to invest some coins for a long time . they are bitcoin , eos , ontology .

You have to have a lot of time to be a short-term investor or a so-called day trader. I prefer to invest in the most stable altcoins and hold them for long.
Activity: 588
July 14, 2018, 12:31:13 PM
At the moment, I do not buy coins for long-term storage because the market continues to fall. I think that there is no logic in such a purchase because in a few months you will see big losses.
Pages:
Jump to: