Pages:
Author

Topic: Are you picky with ICOs? - page 85. (Read 13441 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1041
November 26, 2017, 03:08:26 AM
Are you picky with ICOs?
Yes, I always study and collect information regarding ICO to be participated. Mainly white paper, project report, roadmap and team are very important part.
Those are some very important things to watch out for in picking an ICO to invest in. One cannot just see every train and board; you have to be sure where the train is heading to.

Some ICOs are bound to fail and you can only get to know that at the first instance of being picky by checking out the team, the project feasibility, the product they have, their past achievements, road map and so many other things before making a final decision.
Activity: 323
Merit: 100
November 25, 2017, 08:49:10 AM
Are you picky with ICOs?

Of course I am picky with ICO. If you do not do research in advance it would be konko scam project. So choose the best you think with your research. Do not haphazardly join in ico.
Activity: 476
Merit: 105
November 25, 2017, 08:42:02 AM
It will be insane NOT to be picky with ICOs . Can you give your money to a person you do not know? Of course, not. The same with these projects – you must learn everything about their team, active and products.
Activity: 207
Merit: 10
The future is your Genome
November 24, 2017, 01:36:25 PM
You should do that and everyone needs to,if you are not picky you will end up like spending your money into some fonzi scams.
Activity: 244
Merit: 102
November 24, 2017, 01:29:22 PM
Yes I am and I think everyone else should be as well.

ICO's have boomed this year, and because of the influx of projects there are more that are poor / scams (as with any type of alternative financing system that is unregulated).

Everyone should read through the whitepaper, check out the team, ask questions on their thread and take part in a bounty before they think about throwing down some ETH into a project. Most ICO's last at least a month, so there is no need to jump in immediately. This also allows you to see how they are doing with the rest of the community, as you might love the concept and idea, but without a communal backing the project will fail.
Activity: 322
Merit: 15
November 24, 2017, 01:25:14 PM
It's better to be picky now or may regret later if you get scammed by those ICOs. A good project will earn Bitcoins and Ethereums.
Activity: 280
November 24, 2017, 06:09:34 AM
Yes! Knowledge is power and knowing the project your investing in is important if you want to profit from it.
Activity: 252
November 24, 2017, 05:08:12 AM
i am not that picky but i only choose the ICO that will help me to get my money doubled. all of us want that kind of ICO. i think this is to be called practical, i must be practical so my money will not lose in some losey ICO's.
Activity: 224
Merit: 104
DIW - Decentralized Security
November 24, 2017, 05:07:36 AM
Yes, everyone in the cryptoworld should be! ICO's can be scams 90% of the time or are not legit or have a project that simply wont work.
Research is needed to choose the right ICO and most importantly a successful ICO!
Activity: 132
November 24, 2017, 05:00:43 AM
An ICO without a clear roadmap, a serious developer, and an active community should be researched thoroughly before investing in it. Such ICO should always be ignored.
Activity: 588
November 24, 2017, 04:58:43 AM
It is a must to be picky when it comes to ICO campaigns because it is your money that is at risk. Logically, you won't just invest your money right away into something that does not look promising, correct? It is just a matter of being wise.
Activity: 132
November 24, 2017, 04:57:03 AM
Yes, one should be picky with ICOs. Most ICOs that are coming out now are just after people's money. We have to be careful with ICOs.
Activity: 1064
November 24, 2017, 04:56:47 AM
Yes, i am picky with it, i don't just invest in an ico. I look out for their success tendency, many icos out there are there to gather fund and won't give back to investor by developing the coin and that's why one must look the team if the have plan to develop the coin after people have invested.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 24, 2017, 04:41:28 AM
Are you picky with ICOs?
Yes of course. Aren't you? If we feel like we are in a scammy ICO then why should we still go with it? We are aware of the risks so I think being picky will sometimes work most especially if we also make a lot of research before picking the right one. It is really hard to lose something like time and money let us be vigilant any time because we cannot identify 100% on what project will be a scam because sometimes promising projects turn out to be a scammy one in the long run. There are also nonsense and too good to be true projects that we need to watch out because they might cause damage or lose.
Activity: 280
Merit: 110
November 24, 2017, 04:19:31 AM
I think that the reason that scam ICOs are so succesfull is that they offer big "payment" bounty thus making newbies to spamm the forum with them. So, for the members who really whant to invest some money and are expecting some real proffit but not the unrealistic promise of becoming billionaire over night and with no investment  is very hard to find the good ones.
I think that if users will stop spammig for every shit ICO that appears in the long therm we all have to win making it harder for SCAM ico to work.
Activity: 69
DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
November 24, 2017, 04:17:08 AM
Of course,i am pretty picky with ICOs.ICOs is a very risky investment,you can easily lose your Bitcoins and Eth if you are careless.Not long ago,CFD team was prove to a scam.So we should pay more attention on the pick of ICOs.
Activity: 1288
Merit: 564
Bitcoin makes the world go 🔃
November 24, 2017, 03:26:09 AM
Yes, there is no reason to not be picky! It doesn't make any sense to just jump into any ICO with the idea that it will work out for you - most ICOs are not going to work out and in the end you're only doing yourself a disservice if you're just going to be handing out your money without even thinking about where it's going.
We really should be picky, see there are plenty of ICO and not all of them will succeed, that's the reality so e should know every details and think what's on it that can make it successful.
Activity: 234
It's turtles all the way down!
November 24, 2017, 03:20:29 AM
Yes, there is no reason to not be picky! It doesn't make any sense to just jump into any ICO with the idea that it will work out for you - most ICOs are not going to work out and in the end you're only doing yourself a disservice if you're just going to be handing out your money without even thinking about where it's going.
Activity: 640
Merit: 104
November 24, 2017, 03:18:02 AM
yes i guess it should be because i have to earn money with it, a lot of ICO is a fraud so have to be picky ICO to get more money.
Activity: 406
Merit: 36
November 24, 2017, 03:14:27 AM
Products and Protocols only. Services are a No No.
Even with products sometimes, anything can happen, although I reason with the services. I went against all my normal way of picking ICOs lately when it comes to team and I decided to invest in Confido. I had some doubts about the team about pulling it off to success, but after some good decisions they were making regarding how the ICO should go and the fact that they had an escrow product on ground ready to kick start, I decided to give in. Unluckily, the ICO has ended, the team came up with a flimsy excuse of a legal issue and now all their accounts to contact them have been deleted. In one word, one just need to be extra careful when it comes to ICOs.
Pages:
Jump to: