Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 122. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
September 09, 2013, 10:00:10 AM
More than 30 bitcents of difference between bitfunder and btc-tc? I understand that fees are lower on btc-tc (and I can see how paying 4-5% more can be worth it if you're a day trader) but are there other reasons?

Due to various cockups/delays it's not possible to withdraw ASICM shares from Bitfunder.  That makes them like USD on Gox - not able to be withdrawn/converted into the real thing, so trading at a discount to those able to be converted.

It also makes arbitrage impossible - which is the means by which the gap would usually be closed.

Ukyo appears to be creating a feed-back loop on it as well.  He doesn't want arbitrage to occur - which causes the gap to widen, which increases the demand for arbitrage, which increases the workload he'd have if he allowed arbitrage, which makes him even less keen on allowing it etc.

What about the ones who wants to withdraw their shares because the security holde was changed from DeaDTerra to Ukyo and it took a long time and frankly it just freaking them out because it is alot of money being in limbo? Denying the ones with the intention of Arb trading is more important? I am sorry but it does not justify the hold up and doesn't ease the nerves of the shareholders of the PT.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
September 09, 2013, 09:53:10 AM
More than 30 bitcents of difference between bitfunder and btc-tc? I understand that fees are lower on btc-tc (and I can see how paying 4-5% more can be worth it if you're a day trader) but are there other reasons?

Due to various cockups/delays it's not possible to withdraw ASICM shares from Bitfunder.  That makes them like USD on Gox - not able to be withdrawn/converted into the real thing, so trading at a discount to those able to be converted.

It also makes arbitrage impossible - which is the means by which the gap would usually be closed.

Ukyo appears to be creating a feed-back loop on it as well.  He doesn't want arbitrage to occur - which causes the gap to widen, which increases the demand for arbitrage, which increases the workload he'd have if he allowed arbitrage, which makes him even less keen on allowing it etc.
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
You can trust me, I have an avatar
September 09, 2013, 09:21:57 AM
Fair enough Tat. I hope he tells it then.
Activity: 963
Merit: 509
September 09, 2013, 09:06:00 AM
I see, so there were some concerns about administration. I don't really pay attention to how quickly dividends are payed, but I can understand how this could be a problem for big holders or whoever wants to pull out shares.

I don't want to give anyone the wrong idea, so maybe read the last few pages of the G.ASICMINER-PT thread and see what you think.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=148827.280

Looks pretty messy to me, and not just dividend delays. And it seems to me as though Ukyo has confiscated someone's shares... Kind of a bold move, even if they were annoying him.

That is not the whole story. But since the story is only partially known by me, I will leave it to Ukyo to tell it.

I hope it was not a fractional reserve issue
Activity: 518
September 09, 2013, 08:47:40 AM
I see, so there were some concerns about administration. I don't really pay attention to how quickly dividends are payed, but I can understand how this could be a problem for big holders or whoever wants to pull out shares.

I don't want to give anyone the wrong idea, so maybe read the last few pages of the G.ASICMINER-PT thread and see what you think.

Looks pretty messy to me, and not just dividend delays. And it seems to me as though Ukyo has confiscated someone's shares... Kind of a bold move, even if they were annoying him.

That is not the whole story. But since the story is only partially known by me, I will leave it to Ukyo to tell it.
September 09, 2013, 07:32:30 AM

legendary
Activity: 980
Merit: 1008
September 09, 2013, 06:27:36 AM
I'm interested in buying some 84-day ASICMINER-PT puts, issued on btct.co.

I'm thinking a strike price of 2.2 for a premium of 0.35 BTC per contract. But let me know if you have another offer in that ballpark. They must be of 84-day duration though.

I'm looking to buy around 10 contracts, but not necessarily from the same person.

Let me know via PM if you're interested.
Activity: 728
September 09, 2013, 05:30:31 AM
The BitFunder PT issues were mostly a temporary thing, I think. DeaDTerra transferring the operation to Ukyo (who also operates BitFunder, so reducing the CP risk of that PT) took a lot of time and didn't go very smoothly. Now that it has been resolved, I expect BitFunder and BTC-TC prices to approach eachother again.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
September 09, 2013, 05:15:01 AM

There's also been some long running issues with the administration & dividends of the PT on bitfunder.

Yup, Thats why I am pulling out all my shares there.
September 09, 2013, 04:06:04 AM

There's also been some long running issues with the administration & dividends of the PT on bitfunder.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
September 09, 2013, 04:03:58 AM

Imagine for a second you wanted to market sell 5000 shares.  Check the slippage on each exchange and you will have your answer.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency
September 08, 2013, 10:33:23 AM
I think the price still has not broke out of the downtrend, well poor souls that brought AM @ 5ish...
Activity: 476
September 08, 2013, 09:19:33 AM
AM share price is increasing, and Vycid's posts increase.  Coincidence?

I thought we were going to have less of this, yet I just read through 4 pages of mostly Vycid posts from the last 12 hours.   Huh
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 08, 2013, 06:51:59 AM
If I may Smiley (sorry to the ignorers)

OK - now on to the personal attacks.
a little melodramatic don't you think?

- is short on AM

Honestly, this should increase my credibility. I'm not a sockpuppet, or a burned business partner, or a major holder in the competition. I've actually got money on this, just like you do.
Increase credibility?  It seems you are trying to manipulate the market by spamming made up bullshit
- is concerned when AM buys advertising space  Huh

Don't be obtuse. The reaction of shareholders to the advertising space was the point - the investors are still euphoric about the most mundane things, and that demonstrates that there is quite a way left for AM to fall.
Euphoric? You dont even know if those posts are by shareholders, and in any case it does not demonstrate that there is quite a way left to fall
- seems resistant to any positive news and instantly bad-mouthes them. (irrespictive of the fact that there were no negative news besides growing competition (=based on promises for unreleased products), low divs because of 2nd gen investment and partially low hashrate charts in the last weeks)

This is too vague for me to address properly. I wish you'd given examples or something. It honestly seems like you listed bad news in the parentheses, so...
If you can't respond to a general statement, ...

- has ridiculous demands for shareholders' comfort from a small startup company (that isn't even given by big companies in a regular market), just to ease his position  Roll Eyes

If things are going as well as you all think they are, I will lose my shirt if FC comes out with an update.

It is NOT unreasonable to expect this level of updates and feedback from a startup company. Do you have any idea the level of engagement that VC firms typically have with their client startups? Startups are VERY communicative. FC got his VC from the community, but lately he has gone dark.
Perhaps Bitfountain is the VC firm here, you are not. Comparing apples and oranges again

- not informed on present delievery status of AM's product portfolio

Wow, get fucked. I am now informed - I don't see how this is an issue. I know WHAT AM's products are, and being a little confused about the details of the transition from the old blades to the new blades does not really impact the big picture very much.

Would you ignore another user for this confusion? Ridiculous.
Because you have spent so much time claiming to be well informed, and hardware sales make up a large proportion of the business.

- sometimes has a postcount of more than 50% per page on a speculation thread

Guess it's gonna be kinda quiet in here for you, huh? A lot of people argue with me or ask me questions directly, and I take the time to answer them, which is why I sometimes constitute so many of the posts on a single page.
I'm not arguing with you, just pointing out flaws in your logic Smiley
- starts to seed doubts on company's reliability without any proof when he runs out of arguments ignoring the fact that he's just adressing fundamental risks that every shareholder should already be aware of in the first place.  

"seed doubts on company's reliability"? Where have I questioned 'reliability', exactly? Nor have I run out of arguments, I assure you. Are any of them sensible?

Investors should be aware of the fundamental risks, but it is proven time and time again in this thread that many are not.
Perhaps they are aware of the risks, but make calculated decisions on their own, without your expert advice.

- tends to get an sarcastic undertone after broad criticism and continues preaching his standpoint instead of confessing several flaws in his argumentation to allow a constructive discussion

You are right that I can get defensive, which is a flaw and something I am aware of. However, I do not believe I ignore good counterarguments like you are insinuating. Mostly I feel like I can adequately defend my thesis from criticism.
If you have an actual disorder, then I apologise for my crack cocaine comment

Anyway, cheers, hope this thread improves for you without my posts.
Activity: 378
September 08, 2013, 06:23:19 AM

you can't ask FC like Ken to stay 24 hours online ,to explaining every single question to every single investors.

You picked a truly terrible example SOS. Ken has not said a meaningful word to his shareholders for well over a month. Did you miss the whole ActM NDA farce?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/kslaughter-1707

^look for yourself, nothing but "dividend paid" and "sorry, can't talk about it".

FC is fine, don't ever change bro.

Sorry , I have been away of this forum for a while, when Active mining back to called AMC , he used to spent lot time online like Vycid right now.

Seems things change quickly in Active mining, the only thing unchanged may be is the 4 Avalon miners are still mining.  Grin
September 08, 2013, 06:21:20 AM

OMG..... Are you ok??? you wrote that many.......this really surprise me a lot...  have you got nothing to do ?You should spent your time on some meaningful things instead to spent that much time on this forum ...life is good... !!!
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
September 08, 2013, 05:50:34 AM
This is a game of degrees, not wrong or right. Nobody knows with certainty. You can only evaluate your odds by examining many factors, and this is a factor I think people are overlooking (while getting excited about things that don't matter, like advertisements).

If I'm evaluating my odds i see an investment for one of the few companies for mining hardware that
- hasn't broken any promises or shipped overdue/shitty products to its customers (compared to most of the rest of the market)
- currently holds 10% of the network hashrate
- didn't take preorders to finance 2nd gen production (compared to every other company on the market)
- doesn't need to brag about data of unfinished products because there's no need for advertising to get preorder money
- has a good (if not the best) brand reputation in the small mining community  

These degrees feel quite good for my taste of security in a wildly speculated high-risk market.

oh and while I'm at it let me evaluate...
user
- is short on AM
- seems resistant to any positive news and instantly bad-mouthes them.
(irrespictive of the fact that there were no negative news besides growing competition (=based on promises for unreleased products), low divs because of 2nd gen investment and partially low hashrate charts in the last weeks)
- has ridiculous demands for shareholders' comfort from a small startup company (that isn't even given by big companies in a regular market), just to ease his position  Roll Eyes
- starts to seed doubts on company's reliability without any proof when he runs out of arguments ignoring the fact that he's just adressing fundamental risks that every shareholder should already be aware of in the first place.  
- tends to get an sarcastic undertone after broad criticism and continues preaching his standpoint instead of confessing several flaws in his argumentation to allow a constructive discussion

you really seemed like a good counterbalance at first but shifting focus of a thread by constant posting from a goodlooking hashrate chart and decent news on advertising back to two pages of argumentation for your distorted standpoint is really the icing of the cake.

congrats and welcome to my ignorelist (with your rate of being quoted it won't help though)

Interesting that you would write such a thorough list immediately before introducing me to your ignorelist. That makes the ignorelisting seem more like an attempt to discredit than an actual distaste for the posts.

But we need to go through these one by one, I think, since the accusations do need to be addressed whether you will see the rebuttal or not.

- hasn't broken any promises or shipped overdue/shitty products to its customers (compared to most of the rest of the market)

Hyperbole. Promises have been broken. See here.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.3027585

- currently holds 10% of the network hashrate

Of course. The discussion is about what that is worth.

- didn't take preorders to finance 2nd gen production (compared to every other company on the market)

They also have the luxury of a revenue stream. Ultimately, the source of funding will not impact the quality and competitive positioning of their competiors' products.

- doesn't need to brag about data of unfinished products because there's no need for advertising to get preorder money

Horrible, horrible argument. If AM expects people to hold off on preordering with their competition, they had better release those specs. Every preorder with a competitor is a lost sale.

- has a good (if not the best) brand reputation in the small mining community  

Nobody gives a shit about brand. If you demonstrate the ability to deliver a better deal, that is all it takes. This isn't about the coolest type of sunglasses or cell phone, this is about profit margins.

OK - now on to the personal attacks.

- is short on AM

Honestly, this should increase my credibility. I'm not a sockpuppet, or a burned business partner, or a major holder in the competition. I've actually got money on this, just like you do.

Don't be obtuse. The reaction of shareholders to the advertising space was the point - the investors are still euphoric about the most mundane things, and that demonstrates that there is quite a way left for AM to fall.

- seems resistant to any positive news and instantly bad-mouthes them. (irrespictive of the fact that there were no negative news besides growing competition (=based on promises for unreleased products), low divs because of 2nd gen investment and partially low hashrate charts in the last weeks)

This is too vague for me to address properly. I wish you'd given examples or something. It honestly seems like you listed bad news in the parentheses, so...

If things are going as well as you all think they are, I will lose my shirt if FC comes out with an update.

It is NOT unreasonable to expect this level of updates and feedback from a startup company. Do you have any idea the level of engagement that VC firms typically have with their client startups? Startups are VERY communicative. FC got his VC from the community, but lately he has gone dark.

Wow, get fucked. I am now informed - I don't see how this is an issue. I know WHAT AM's products are, and being a little confused about the details of the transition from the old blades to the new blades does not really impact the big picture very much.

Would you ignore another user for this confusion? Ridiculous.

Guess it's gonna be kinda quiet in here for you, huh? A lot of people argue with me or ask me questions directly, and I take the time to answer them, which is why I sometimes constitute so many of the posts on a single page.

"seed doubts on company's reliability"? Where have I questioned 'reliability', exactly? Nor have I run out of arguments, I assure you.

Investors should be aware of the fundamental risks, but it is proven time and time again in this thread that many are not.

You are right that I can get defensive, which is a flaw and something I am aware of. However, I do not believe I ignore good counterarguments like you are insinuating. Mostly I feel like I can adequately defend my thesis from criticism.

Anyway, cheers, hope this thread improves for you without my posts.
September 08, 2013, 05:42:08 AM
if you like CEO talk a lot , go to get some shares of Activemining,  Ken is 24 HRs online....

you can't ask FC like Ken to stay 24 hours online ,to explaining every single question to every single investors.

You picked a truly terrible example SOS. Ken has not said a meaningful word to his shareholders for well over a month. Did you miss the whole ActM NDA farce?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/kslaughter-1707

^look for yourself, nothing but "dividend paid" and "sorry, can't talk about it".

FC is fine, don't ever change bro.
Activity: 180
Merit: 100
September 08, 2013, 05:07:07 AM
Thank you! Was a great read. Added one more to the list of ignores. Man, he really crapped out in the last few pages. Wonder if good news makes me go crazy (maybe he'd be more useful in the Labcoin thread)
September 08, 2013, 04:54:20 AM

No. He has RECENTLY become quiet, despite the fact there is just as much to discuss as ever - if not more, given the rise of a huge field of competition.

FC has posted before mentioning that everything is under estimation ,and he will meet his target before what he used planned . Don't you think this information is enough?

if you believing what FC said , then it obviously is enough, you can't ask FC like Ken to stay 24 hours online ,to explaining every single question to every single investors. And I think if you do not believing FC, then even he did explaining everything in detail to you , you might still be suspect about it.

And I think he is really busy to dealing with new data center or 2 gen Chips , since the share price fluctuation actually isn't what he need to concern of. (Because, He won't sell his shares and he isn't consider to issuing more shares.)  Lips sealed

Jump to: