Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 121. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
September 09, 2013, 09:47:37 PM
BFL does have a brand issue, and it doesn't matter. What matters is that they have demonstrated an inability to deliver.  If they filled their backlog and were immediately shipping stock on hand, their brand would not matter.

I made this distinction very clear in that post you just quoted. I think your single neuron got distracted by the reference to sunglasses though. Understandable.
Cool sunglasses huh?
September 09, 2013, 09:42:35 PM

One of the cool things about financial markets is they leave no room for interpretation about who is right and who is wrong.

Soon enough we shall see who has piss in their cornflakes.
Did I make some prediction about something?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
September 09, 2013, 09:41:55 PM
Next I'm gonna find out you've got a Monarch on preorder.
Maybe you think BFL has a problem with their brand image? I thought noone gave a shit about brand?

BFL does have a brand issue, and it doesn't matter. What matters is that they have demonstrated an inability to deliver.  If they filled their backlog and were immediately shipping stock on hand, their brand would not matter.

I made this distinction very clear in that post you just quoted. I think your single neuron got distracted by the reference to sunglasses though. Understandable.
September 09, 2013, 09:36:42 PM
Not enough to put you off of Avalon products,  evidently.
You love adding 2 and 2 and getting any result other than 4 don't you.
I'll just keep pissing in your cornflakes, and you can swear blind that it's the milk you wanted.

One of the cool things about financial markets is they leave no room for interpretation about who is right and who is wrong.

Soon enough we shall see who has piss in their cornflakes.
September 09, 2013, 09:35:14 PM
Maybe you think BFL has a problem with their brand image? I thought noone gave a shit about brand?
September 09, 2013, 09:26:32 PM
Not enough to put you off of Avalon products,  evidently.
You love adding 2 and 2 and getting any result other than 4 don't you.
I'll just keep pissing in your cornflakes, and you can swear blind that it's the milk you wanted.
September 09, 2013, 09:23:01 PM
Also - are you stalking my posts?  That's pretty sad. As a die-hard AM fan who thinks brand is everything,  I wouldn't have expected you in an Avalon assembly thread.
You're jumping to conclusions.
I say there is something to be said for brand image.

Not enough to put you off of Avalon products,  evidently.

September 09, 2013, 09:21:02 PM
Also - are you stalking my posts?  That's pretty sad. As a die-hard AM fan who thinks brand is everything,  I wouldn't have expected you in an Avalon assembly thread.
You're jumping to conclusions.
I say there is something to be said for brand image.
September 09, 2013, 08:44:58 PM
UPDATE FROM AVALON 9/9/13

"Avalon Generation Two Chips 55nm
..Those who have invested in time and money on Avalon Generation One based devices and clones can rejoice in the fact we had the foresight to make Avalon Generation Two chips completely backward compatible in every way with 110nm generation one chips, which can be expect to go on sale Late October 2013 for immediate shipping..

Developers and Hobbyists should keep an close eye on our github account as we will be releasing the 55nm chip specification and reference design soon."

This is excellent news - it will still be possible to have these boards produced. Thank you to everyone working on this, there is still hope to get these boards hashing with a positive ROI

Yifu is a fucking genius.

He got everybody stuck on his hardware platform even though he didn't have the chips ready. Now the money has all been spent and it effectively costs next to nothing to get the new chips mounted, because of all the parts and designs already floating around.

He happily gives refunds on the chips he never even meant to sell, and walks away with guaranteed second-gen sales to squeeze value out of the otherwise useless chips/boards, allowing him do a cheap high-volume second generation batch.

I admit it, I got outplayed here. Well done Yifu, you felonious son of a bitch.

Nobody gives a shit about brand. If you demonstrate the ability to deliver a better deal, that is all it takes. This isn't about the coolest type of sunglasses or cell phone, this is about profit margins.

Actually, this is a perfect illustration of what I mean. Yifu is going to sell his 2nd gen chips, because of all that hardware already waiting for them. This time he will deliver, and people will forget what has transpired in Gen 1 and clamor for more.

Just watch. Yifu may be a scam artist, but he's a damn good scam artist.

Also - are you stalking my posts?  That's pretty sad. As a die-hard AM fan who thinks brand is everything,  I wouldn't have expected you in an Avalon assembly thread.
September 09, 2013, 07:50:34 PM
UPDATE FROM AVALON 9/9/13

"Avalon Generation Two Chips 55nm
..Those who have invested in time and money on Avalon Generation One based devices and clones can rejoice in the fact we had the foresight to make Avalon Generation Two chips completely backward compatible in every way with 110nm generation one chips, which can be expect to go on sale Late October 2013 for immediate shipping..

Developers and Hobbyists should keep an close eye on our github account as we will be releasing the 55nm chip specification and reference design soon."

This is excellent news - it will still be possible to have these boards produced. Thank you to everyone working on this, there is still hope to get these boards hashing with a positive ROI

Yifu is a fucking genius.

He got everybody stuck on his hardware platform even though he didn't have the chips ready. Now the money has all been spent and it effectively costs next to nothing to get the new chips mounted, because of all the parts and designs already floating around.

He happily gives refunds on the chips he never even meant to sell, and walks away with guaranteed second-gen sales to squeeze value out of the otherwise useless chips/boards, allowing him do a cheap high-volume second generation batch.

I admit it, I got outplayed here. Well done Yifu, you felonious son of a bitch.

Nobody gives a shit about brand. If you demonstrate the ability to deliver a better deal, that is all it takes. This isn't about the coolest type of sunglasses or cell phone, this is about profit margins.

Activity: 210
September 09, 2013, 03:36:06 PM
Calling the top soon. Another couple hundred shares just moved into the PT. Eventually the artificial boost from Bitfunder will adjust also.
I hope so.  I have to pay 0.5BTC to kibblesnbits if we hit 3.2 before 1.2
September 09, 2013, 03:29:57 PM
Calling the top soon. Another couple hundred shares just moved into the PT. Eventually the artificial boost from Bitfunder will adjust also.
Activity: 210
September 09, 2013, 03:09:23 PM
Interesting to see bitfunder PT artificially low and BTCT PT artficially high due to the Bitfunder issues.  This is going to permanently damage bitfunder's reputation.  Huge screw-up to the benefit of btct and haverlock.
Activity: 180
September 09, 2013, 02:31:10 PM
They are sold out of the new blades (see the postings on group buy forum) as well as closing on selling out the USB erupters (the prices have dropped again - 0.15 or less - to probably liquidate the remaining items). Add to this the consistent hashrate in the last few days and the ad space buy from friedcat - I think we are going to see the rise again.

Its time for folks to sold hastily at 2 to buy back before it gets crazy again...and for folks who brought at 3.5 - 5 and are patiently waiting - keep your fingers crossed! Things are getting better.

Predicting the next dividend to be on part with the last one (~0.012 to 0.014)
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1018
Buzz App - Spin wheel, farm rewards
September 09, 2013, 02:23:36 PM
Ya I think things look good. Asicminer is one the most, if not the most,  reliable investment in Bitcoin I'd say. At these prices.
Activity: 728
Merit: 500
cryptoshark
September 09, 2013, 10:58:09 AM
I think the price still has not broke out of the downtrend, well poor souls that brought AM @ 5ish...

I see it going down to 1 to 1.2 with all the hardware on the horizon.  And I won't even buy back in there because I don't think Asicminer will ever grow its share of the hash rate, and hardware sales is an upward hill.  In sum, Friedcat better find another hook.

you sold at 2 and you regret, dont you ?

Firedcat will figure out something.
He can produce not only mining equipment.

Smiley

Activity: 924
Merit: 1001
Unlimited Free Crypto
September 09, 2013, 10:54:21 AM
More than 30 bitcents of difference between bitfunder and btc-tc? I understand that fees are lower on btc-tc (and I can see how paying 4-5% more can be worth it if you're a day trader) but are there other reasons?

Due to various cockups/delays it's not possible to withdraw ASICM shares from Bitfunder.  That makes them like USD on Gox - not able to be withdrawn/converted into the real thing, so trading at a discount to those able to be converted.

It also makes arbitrage impossible - which is the means by which the gap would usually be closed.

Ukyo appears to be creating a feed-back loop on it as well.  He doesn't want arbitrage to occur - which causes the gap to widen, which increases the demand for arbitrage, which increases the workload he'd have if he allowed arbitrage, which makes him even less keen on allowing it etc.

What about the ones who wants to withdraw their shares because the security holde was changed from DeaDTerra to Ukyo and it took a long time and frankly it just freaking them out because it is alot of money being in limbo? Denying the ones with the intention of Arb trading is more important? I am sorry but it does not justify the hold up and doesn't ease the nerves of the shareholders of the PT.

It's also worth noting that arb trading isn't exactly against the rules anyway. Yes, abusive use of the service should be denied, but if someone wants to move 250+ shares to another exchange every few weeks, it's not a big deal. The minimum qty of 250 they have in place mitigates exports to a low amount of work on its own.

Also worth noting that the transfers are within the agreement of the PT. Moving ownership does not make it invalid or suspended especially since the ownership transfer has been already recognized by Friedcat. It is not like it is a rookie Ukyo is the operator of Bitfunder itself!
Activity: 238
September 09, 2013, 10:34:14 AM
I think the price still has not broke out of the downtrend, well poor souls that brought AM @ 5ish...

I see it going down to 1 to 1.2 with all the hardware on the horizon.  And I won't even buy back in there because I don't think Asicminer will ever grow its share of the hash rate, and hardware sales is an upward hill.  In sum, Friedcat better find another hook.
Activity: 532
September 09, 2013, 10:16:20 AM
More than 30 bitcents of difference between bitfunder and btc-tc? I understand that fees are lower on btc-tc (and I can see how paying 4-5% more can be worth it if you're a day trader) but are there other reasons?

Due to various cockups/delays it's not possible to withdraw ASICM shares from Bitfunder.  That makes them like USD on Gox - not able to be withdrawn/converted into the real thing, so trading at a discount to those able to be converted.

It also makes arbitrage impossible - which is the means by which the gap would usually be closed.

Ukyo appears to be creating a feed-back loop on it as well.  He doesn't want arbitrage to occur - which causes the gap to widen, which increases the demand for arbitrage, which increases the workload he'd have if he allowed arbitrage, which makes him even less keen on allowing it etc.

What about the ones who wants to withdraw their shares because the security holde was changed from DeaDTerra to Ukyo and it took a long time and frankly it just freaking them out because it is alot of money being in limbo? Denying the ones with the intention of Arb trading is more important? I am sorry but it does not justify the hold up and doesn't ease the nerves of the shareholders of the PT.

It's also worth noting that arb trading isn't exactly against the rules anyway. Yes, abusive use of the service should be denied, but if someone wants to move 250+ shares to another exchange every few weeks, it's not a big deal. The minimum qty of 250 they have in place mitigates exports to a low amount of work on its own.

I thought DT allowed smaller transfers than that - though I could be wrong on that as I've never tried moving any out myself (only ASICM transfer I've done was a single deposit of them from direct shares into BTC-TC).

I'd read Ukyo's view as being that he was going to disallow smaller trades - if he wanted to remove even the 250+ then that would need a contract change.  Then he'd have to offer everyone a chance to transfer out (even smaller amounts) before such a change went live (there's no provision for changing the contract so everyone would need to be offered a fair exit if he wanted to change it).
Activity: 518
September 09, 2013, 10:06:11 AM

Jump to: