Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 150. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin: The People's Bailout
August 14, 2013, 12:14:52 PM
To be fair, when FC mentioned 1000TH/s it wasn't clear he was talking about network hash rate or AM hash rate.
Yes,it's clear, AM hash rate.

Thanks! Has there been any official confirmation? The "announcement" was made by someone other than FC, and in Chinese, as far as I can remember.

I just tried to find it in FC posts, but couldn't. You are right, it was announced by someone else, but I read it definitely in english. Maybe ThickAsThieves?

Here's a link:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2610794
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
August 14, 2013, 10:52:09 AM
those sell walls are falling!  people want their good dividend, today.
August 14, 2013, 10:40:50 AM
Ah, I see, AM is going to sell well over 5x as many units as they did when the difficulty WASN'T going up over 50% a month?

looks like the wallets of the retailers indicated significant sales, already.  And we've only had them for sale for a few days.
Activity: 141
Merit: 100
August 14, 2013, 09:50:39 AM
Neither ASICMiner's share of the network hashrate, not its exorbitant markups on hardware sales, are sustainable in the face of pending competition. Share price will be lucky to be half today's value this time next year.

Have you heard about the coming 1000TH/s of gen1 chips and december prototype of gen2 chip? It looks like you haven't.

+1000TH in December or 1000TH in December?
August 14, 2013, 09:39:19 AM
Neither ASICMiner's share of the network hashrate, not its exorbitant markups on hardware sales, are sustainable in the face of pending competition. Share price will be lucky to be half today's value this time next year.
Wow, you are psychic, too?  Or do you just want cheap AM shares
Activity: 406
August 14, 2013, 09:07:02 AM
To be fair, when FC mentioned 1000TH/s it wasn't clear he was talking about network hash rate or AM hash rate.

Thanks! Has there been any official confirmation? The "announcement" was made by someone other than FC, and in Chinese, as far as I can remember.

I just tried to find it in FC posts, but couldn't. You are right, it was announced by someone else, but I read it definitely in english. Maybe ThickAsThieves?
Activity: 362
August 14, 2013, 08:59:39 AM

Activity: 234
Merit: 100
August 14, 2013, 08:54:25 AM
Activity: 362
August 14, 2013, 07:51:33 AM

Have you heard about the coming 1000TH/s of gen1 chips and december prototype of gen2 chip? It looks like you haven't.

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
August 14, 2013, 07:40:47 AM

Or franchising.

Or the fact that it's the only reliable, consistent game in town.
Activity: 525
Merit: 500
August 14, 2013, 07:30:14 AM

Or franchising.
Activity: 406
August 14, 2013, 07:25:42 AM

Activity: 557
Merit: 101
August 14, 2013, 07:23:09 AM
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
August 14, 2013, 02:51:33 AM
Well next week you can all bet on asicminer.info before monday for a chance at a prize Smiley
Whistles posts on Wednesday

what's your mean? could you pls clarify it?

This post
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2904319
It is a weekly guess the dividends game on their forums you can begin guessing the dividends every week to win a prize.

Wednesday means I need to post it on the AM FB page for more people to read after the dividend announcement for those that don't check bitcointalk a lot.
(I Would have posted the guessing game a few days ago but I wanted to see if I could add an order units now sidelink at the same time basically a we are shipping post for everyone to WOOT at. (Maybe next week))
Activity: 91
August 14, 2013, 12:28:03 AM
Well next week you can all bet on asicminer.info before monday for a chance at a prize Smiley

what's your mean? could you pls clarify it?
August 14, 2013, 12:24:58 AM
Ah, I see, AM is going to sell well over 5x as many units as they did when the difficulty WASN'T going up over 50% a month?

No, people are going to buy from BFL and wait a year for their product to arrive.
Activity: 336
♫ the AM bear who cares ♫
August 13, 2013, 11:22:20 PM
Long Term Div Prediction:

We will see 0.05/share for dividend payout within the next 8 weeks.
first time posting here...so please correct me if i've got something wrong

on what is your prediction based on?
imo a lot is changing soon with the new startups and 2nd gen mining knocking on the door
(though these miners will probably be distributed at the earliest during late fall/ winter)
shortterm looks good with more hardware sales for asicminer but I have no clue on midterm to longterm prediction.

Do you assume avalon and cointerra and several others don't stand up for what they promise while asicminer
will stay in the background until friedcat suddenly shows up with a nice product?
Or will shareprice sink so low that higher dividends are used to push it up again?

people want hardware.  AM has hardware and is shipping right now.  That's what the prediction is based on.

I don't know that we will see .05, but I think we will certainly see .04, and set a new high.

For this week, we'll be closer to .025 - .03, next week should be .03 or better.  

Wait, what? People wanted hardware back when block erupters cost 50 BTC per blade and AM was making a killing on each unit. Why exactly is the dividend going to be bigger now, with lower margins and the competition on the doorstep?

Volume.

Activity: 560
Merit: 500
August 13, 2013, 11:04:40 PM
Guys, we've been doing it wrong! Mr. Icahn just showed us how to make money!

1) Buy large position in ASICMiner
2) Tweet your large position in ASICMiner, saying that it's undervalued; speak w/ friedcat, "more to come"
3) Huh
4) Profit!
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
August 13, 2013, 10:52:21 PM
Activity: 91
August 13, 2013, 10:49:14 PM
"For this week, we'll be closer to .025 - .03, next week should be .03 or better. " 

WOW!  do you have the reasons?
Jump to: