Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 165. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 231
Merit: 100
August 02, 2013, 05:56:55 PM
I don't recall how or why it happened, but you don't seem to be on my ignore list presently. I'm pretty liberal with putting people on ignore in the forums, so much noise to filter, but your posts are coming through just fine for now.
I'm not sure how he's posting now, since he's long been put in my ignore, but when I first noticed him we kept on trolling heavily for days.
If he's stopped, fine.

Speaking as someone who has not put him on ignore I can confirm that he has stopped trolling.  Except for just now as he couched his comments with an "I told you so" about the price dropping.  Although he didn't really tell us so as he has been saying all along that AM would drop to the 2's.  This obviously hasn't happened.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
August 02, 2013, 05:55:26 PM
I don't recall how or why it happened, but you don't seem to be on my ignore list presently. I'm pretty liberal with putting people on ignore in the forums, so much noise to filter, but your posts are coming through just fine for now.
I'm not sure how he's posting now, since he's long been put in my ignore, but when I first noticed him we kept on trolling heavily for days.
If he's stopped, fine.

I wasn't trolling at all. A lot of people replied to me in a short amount of time, leading me to make about 10 or so comments in a similar short amount of time. That's not trolling, that's how discussions work. The reason you guys claim I was trolling is simply because you didn't like what I was saying, even though what I was saying has proven to be true. Most people here were claiming that dividends would shoot up to 0.05 BTC and the share price would hit 10+ BTC, whereas I was claiming that dividends would decrease as would share price due to incoming competition.

Now that I've made 2 comments in a short period of time, I guess that means I'm trolling again.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
Bitgoblin
August 02, 2013, 05:38:56 PM
If he's stopped, fine.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009
August 02, 2013, 04:19:58 PM
Phew! Conflict avoided Wink
legendary
August 02, 2013, 04:07:54 PM
for some reason I sold all my shares at 3.8x, I had just returned from holiday and didn't know what was going on I guess... hashrate down, blabla...

Buy back now?

I will have lost one whole share if I do, but at least I'm still with AM (who I had planned to stick with for at least 6 months... that's 4 months to go...)

The XBOND IPO that just launched on Havelock resulted in a lot of people liquidating their ASICMINER shares to free up some money for it...I doubt you will find a better time to buy back in than right now.  I saw Passthrough shares at .0368

I wouldn't buy anything from TAT due to him putting me on his ignore list. Why did he do that? Because I posted in this thread saying that AM's dividends and share price would drop as competition arrives in the coming months. Most people here called me a troll, even though I was posting facts and using maths to backup those facts. As it turned out, what I said would happen, did happen.

TAT is a fanboy (sycophant as opposed to a fan) and that fanyboyism has lost him an investor.

As for AMs fall in price, this is just the beginning. I've already posted the maths to show this so I won't go over that again as it just makes people here angry and upset. I wouldn't be surprised if AM shares were back down to 2.x by the end of the year.

Well in that case I apologise for calling you a fanboy and will once again consider purchasing your assets.
Activity: 518
August 02, 2013, 04:03:09 PM
for some reason I sold all my shares at 3.8x, I had just returned from holiday and didn't know what was going on I guess... hashrate down, blabla...

Buy back now?

I will have lost one whole share if I do, but at least I'm still with AM (who I had planned to stick with for at least 6 months... that's 4 months to go...)

The XBOND IPO that just launched on Havelock resulted in a lot of people liquidating their ASICMINER shares to free up some money for it...I doubt you will find a better time to buy back in than right now.  I saw Passthrough shares at .0368

I wouldn't buy anything from TAT due to him putting me on his ignore list. Why did he do that? Because I posted in this thread saying that AM's dividends and share price would drop as competition arrives in the coming months. Most people here called me a troll, even though I was posting facts and using maths to backup those facts. As it turned out, what I said would happen, did happen.

TAT is a fanboy (sycophant as opposed to a fan) and that fanyboyism has lost him an investor.

As for AMs fall in price, this is just the beginning. I've already posted the maths to show this so I won't go over that again as it just makes people here angry and upset. I wouldn't be surprised if AM shares were back down to 2.x by the end of the year.

legendary
August 02, 2013, 03:47:01 PM

Buy back now?

Activity: 69
Merit: 10
August 02, 2013, 01:50:59 PM

Buy back now?

The XBOND IPO that just launched on Havelock resulted in a lot of people liquidating their ASICMINER shares to free up some money for it...I doubt you will find a better time to buy back in than right now.  I saw Passthrough shares at .0368
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
"to be or not to be, that is the bitcoin"
August 02, 2013, 11:05:08 AM

Buy back now?

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
August 02, 2013, 10:56:31 AM
The new pastime for mining start-ups seems to be advertising "projected" percentage of global hashrate. FC has always said he was targeting 10%-15% I believe. He so far has been the only entity capable of consistently hitting that target. Several others have included numbers in their offerings claiming numbers all the way to 35% as future targets.

A quick back of the envelope calculation from issuers projections from the securities listed on BTC-TC gives you (when taken together) over 180% of the global hash.

I would tend to think that some of these projections might be overly optimistic, but that is only if you use that math stuff. Realistically, I tend to think that most it not all of these projections will under-perform significantly. I also do not believe that any other endeavor has a remote chance of cutting into AM 10%-15%. So they will all have to beat each other to death (along with all of the pool-miners) for the remaining 85%.

If you buy these shares with the expectation that they will achieve a certain percentage of global hash, you will stand to lose considerable assets.

Others promise. pre-roasted cat  baked cat Fried Cat delivers.
As I read this thread, I do sense the type of fanboy optimism that Apple shares had on their way up.  Remember, when expectations are so high and baked into the prices, especially with history of consistently beating expectations, any slight miss can be devastating go the share price as the weak knee speculators run for the exits.  I think AM has a bright future, but likely to be a better entry point in the future and keeping my coins on the sideline for now.
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
August 02, 2013, 10:22:22 AM
The new pastime for mining start-ups seems to be advertising "projected" percentage of global hashrate. FC has always said he was targeting 10%-15% I believe. He so far has been the only entity capable of consistently hitting that target. Several others have included numbers in their offerings claiming numbers all the way to 35% as future targets.

A quick back of the envelope calculation from issuers projections from the securities listed on BTC-TC gives you (when taken together) over 180% of the global hash.

I would tend to think that some of these projections might be overly optimistic, but that is only if you use that math stuff. Realistically, I tend to think that most it not all of these projections will under-perform significantly. I also do not believe that any other endeavor has a remote chance of cutting into AM 10%-15%. So they will all have to beat each other to death (along with all of the pool-miners) for the remaining 85%.

If you buy these shares with the expectation that they will achieve a certain percentage of global hash, you will stand to lose considerable assets.

Others promise. pre-roasted cat  baked cat Fried Cat delivers.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency
August 02, 2013, 08:19:13 AM
go AM! Cool
Activity: 574
August 02, 2013, 04:55:50 AM
Good to see that ASICMINER back to 19% on blocks solved.
Indeed. Grin Our hashrate just quadrupled to an all time high...

http://runeks.dk/bitcoin/

We're heading for the top of the charts again...

http://blockchain.info/pools

Avalon are turning into BFL...

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/yifu-avalon-bitsyncom-batch-2-not-recieved-no-response-261465
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1jbr6q/avalon_took_150_btc_from_me_and_wont_respond/

...and interest in the new altcats (labcoin & BTCGarden) is fading fast. up uP UP! Cool
Activity: 756
August 02, 2013, 01:17:47 AM
Good to see that ASICMINER back to 19% on blocks solved.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
August 02, 2013, 12:51:06 AM
Official Speculation:

Anyone else look at all these IPO's with hefty promises and just think "I bet the Grilled Cat is looking at these too, laughing, and saying to himself, 'Big returns by the end of the year?  I'll show you some big returns dog! (or cat)  Y'all don't even know what I got in the works!'"

Well it certainly true there is only one cake to cut up. Its not like new players can help expand any markets .... so as time goes on, new players will be ignored unless they are really bringing something special to the table. This will be the last year where start-ups can just say "give us your money because we are cool" and hope to get away with it. Reality will hit home with investors when start-ups fail left, right and centre.

Well this year is the year of the investors
Next year the year of early adopters Cheesy
;P
August 02, 2013, 12:42:49 AM
Official Speculation:

Anyone else look at all these IPO's with hefty promises and just think "I bet the Grilled Cat is looking at these too, laughing, and saying to himself, 'Big returns by the end of the year?  I'll show you some big returns dog! (or cat)  Y'all don't even know what I got in the works!'"

Well it certainly true there is only one cake to cut up. Its not like new players can help expand any markets .... so as time goes on, new players will be ignored unless they are really bringing something special to the table. This will be the last year where start-ups can just say "give us your money because we are cool" and hope to get away with it. Reality will hit home with investors when start-ups fail left, right and centre.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
August 01, 2013, 09:28:32 PM
Official Speculation:

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
August 01, 2013, 01:14:11 PM
Can somebody who is talented at this sort of thing figure out ASICMiner's "effective" hashrate based on the incoming rewards deposited in the ASICMiner bitcoin address? (since many are coming from IP's that are not officially tagged as belonging to ASICMiner)
August 01, 2013, 01:02:18 PM
Back on topic plz, you're feeding the socks.
legendary
August 01, 2013, 12:55:49 PM
Activemining (ala AMC) are up about 600 to 700% over the past few weeks, how much more are you expecting?

ActiveMining are now up about 200-250% respect the IPO price. And when the eASIC will announce the press release price will rise considerably.

And actually shares on bitfunder are really cheap, compared to the btct ones, so the new coins SDICE is flowing, will let people to jump on the boat.

The ActM potential is high, if they will do well an half like AsicMiner did, the price will go up to ~0.03 - 0.035

A lot of people forget or are simply unaware that the IPO price for AMC was 0.0005 BTC, not 0.0025 BTC. That was the second batch of shares. It's currently up over 1000%.
Jump to: