Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 169. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 500
July 29, 2013, 01:05:23 AM
If I had to pick, I would go with try and true ASICMiner, but the shares will stay under pressure so long as people think Activeminer will deliver.
and if they delay or under deliver, look for a major correction.
Already majorly corrected. The ActM faithful have been driven to swear & prayer.

hat damn guy. BTCT down 0.007.fuck damn

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
July 29, 2013, 01:00:44 AM
If I had to pick, I would go with try and true ASICMiner, but the shares will stay under pressure so long as people think Activeminer will deliver.
and if they delay or under deliver, look for a major correction.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
July 28, 2013, 11:26:53 PM
Alot of optimism for Activeminer to actually deliver, hence the near tripling of the share price in the past few weeks.  Mining is a zero sum game, so if you are long ASICMiner, you believe the Activeminer valuation is more hype than reality.

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
July 28, 2013, 11:03:02 PM
wow, these shares are fantastically overpriced - good luck with your 4 year ROI

Name one asset with a higher dividend yield then that is not a PMB
YIELD in dividend Smiley
Activity: 557
Merit: 101
July 28, 2013, 11:00:00 PM
wow, these shares are fantastically overpriced - good luck with your 4 year ROI
Activity: 476
July 28, 2013, 09:06:05 PM
here comes the friedcat bounce...
Activity: 420
July 28, 2013, 09:02:26 PM

It is pretty logical to conclude that the steep gains in AM are in the past. It might be wrong, but I certainly wouldn't fault anyone for coming to that conclusion. 

AMC is very risky, though less so than it was in the past. I wouldn't fault anyone for making the move over, at least with some portion of their funds.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
July 28, 2013, 07:59:36 PM
What's up with the selling on bitfunder? Is it mostly attributable to people shifting from AM to ACTM? I don't see any of the fundamentals being different in AM unless this showing the dividend will be 0.014 next: http://www.asicminercharts.com/live/

edit: someone else asked the same a few days ago, sorry.

Cashing out of AM and buying in to ActM is just the logical thing to do. Look at this way. AM's price is unlikely to go above 5 BTC, whereas ActM has major potential for price increase. If we assume ActM is equally as successful as AM and provides equal income, then you could expect about a 10x increase in ActM's share price. So, by selling AM now and buying ActM, you will see your bitcoin increase by a few hundred percent in a few months. You could then sell your shares in ActM, and rebuy shares in AM without them having changed much in price, with any change more likely to make them cheaper than their current price due to competition.

Please don't call it "logical" (emphasis added). That's just your opinion, and based on a flawed reasoning if you ask me.
So what, anything out there that has a low price is more interesting than AM because it has more potential to get to a higher price?
Your assumption (emphasis added) is precisely an assumption, whose valuation by the market is reflected by the difference between the two prices. Everybody is seeking for its own combination of risk/reward, and so far AMC is at several light-year of what AM is. I'm not saying that it's a bad investment, but it is obviously involving more risk, and possibly more reward, sure. But it is your own choice and nothing else, calling it "logical" or "obvious" or thinking that people who don't agree with you are wrong, just makes your post useless. You sound as interesting as silence, with the additional pollution of adding unnecessary posts to the thread.

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
July 28, 2013, 07:36:09 PM
What's up with the selling on bitfunder? Is it mostly attributable to people shifting from AM to ACTM? I don't see any of the fundamentals being different in AM unless this showing the dividend will be 0.014 next: http://www.asicminercharts.com/live/

Cashing out of AM and buying in to ActM is just the logical thing to do. Look at this way. AM's price is unlikely to go above 5 BTC, whereas ActM has major potential for price increase. If we assume ActM is equally as successful as AM and provides equal income, then you could expect about a 10x increase in ActM's share price. So, by selling AM now and buying ActM, you will see your bitcoin increase by a few hundred percent in a few months. You could then sell your shares in ActM, and rebuy shares in AM without them having changed much in price, with any change more likely to make them cheaper than their current price due to competition.

Activity: 644
July 28, 2013, 07:11:37 PM
Asicminer stock value should be bumped up when blades officially go on sale in anticipation of 0.03-0.05 per share dividends for a few weeks.
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
July 28, 2013, 06:58:03 PM
mining is a zero sum game.  no difference between you stumbling or your competitors catching up.
Activity: 617
July 28, 2013, 06:53:58 PM

legendary
July 28, 2013, 06:01:39 PM
So time for some real speculation (tentative term) with a competitor possibly penetrating the monopoly and the confirmation data looking fairly possible to occur while factoring for Friedcats hashing announcement and leasing of excess capacity with a significant production increase coming around the same time with a boost in hashing power and the ETA's on the competitors what do you think will happen Smiley

Is that a sentence? BREATHE! punctuate once in a while, or my head might explode trying to read your post  Cheesy

Goes to add some commas and maybe A . XD
legendary
July 28, 2013, 05:07:02 PM
It's interesting to say the least I'm not so sound on the fundamentals but perhaps the market is reacting as a counterbalance to AM by putting it in Activemining or trying to make a second competitor a reality.

(Note shares were all bought already what the speculators do does not increase capital XD)

EDIT IN: Our criticism worked looking back at the time machine moved from my observing list to tenative penetration for now.

Investors judge your investments before penetrating if you remember the last time AMC got mentioned here it was not a pretty sight.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=254930.0;topicseen

So time for some real speculation (tentative term).

With a competitor possibly penetrating the monopoly and the confirmation data looking fairly possible;
While factoring for Friedcats hashing announcement and leasing of excess capacity;
With a significant production increases coming around the same time;
With a boost in hashing power;
And factoring the ETA's on the competitors,
What do you think will happen Smiley.
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
July 28, 2013, 04:57:20 PM
AM prices are plummeting and ActM prices are going through the roof. There must be some major migrations going on there.
legendary
July 27, 2013, 12:31:45 AM
Well I bought a bit just to ride it but my mainstay is AM lol
Activity: 364
July 26, 2013, 10:39:04 PM
[off topic]
I'm only answering because you asked, but this is way off topic and doesn't belong in this thread.

They are basically an AM clone (business structure wise) now with 62.5 x the number of shares.  The big news is that they are in the process of paying their NRE for their 28nm chips.  Everyone thought they were a scam and would run off with the NRE funds, but as that isn't happening the risk baked into their share price is now burning off.

Now back to the AM discussion at hand...
[/off topic]

Okey, thanks.
As someone who warned about AMC, I would be glad to be wrong.
Less scam and more successful businesses are always welcome in the Bitcoinland.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
July 26, 2013, 10:28:41 PM
I purposefully didn't, though that doesn't make it not true.

I've seen that they made some structure changes and the shares aren't as bad as they were before.
Still I don't get why people are buying that much now, the mismanaging at the start made me quite wary of them.

[off topic]
I'm only answering because you asked, but this is way off topic and doesn't belong in this thread.

They are basically an AM clone (business structure wise) now with 62.5 x the number of shares.  The big news is that they are in the process of paying their NRE for their 28nm chips.  Everyone thought they were a scam and would run off with the NRE funds, but as that isn't happening the risk baked into their share price is now burning off.

Now back to the AM discussion at hand...
[/off topic]
Activity: 364
July 26, 2013, 10:25:37 PM

I've seen that they made some structure changes and the shares aren't as bad as they were before.
Still I don't get why people are buying that much now, the awful management at the start of the shares made me quite wary of them.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
July 26, 2013, 10:22:53 PM
share price drifting down a bit, I guess it's just post-dividend, pre-announcement slump.

I've been watching the realtime trade monitor on btct.co.  It's actually been from people selling their ASICMINER-PT shares and TAT-ASICMINER shares and then immediately purchasing another security.

Any security in particular?

Please don't say ActiveMining! Angry

Jump to: