Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 171. (Read 808757 times)

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
July 24, 2013, 06:22:36 PM

Some actually sold at 4.0

We'll see if this is a dead cat bounce or the end of the panic.  There's still that 100 at 4.5 that might push the price down.

I think you'll see that order disappear when we get close.

I hope it is just a dead cat bounce, cause I am waiting for coins to confirm...  Grin
Activity: 420
July 24, 2013, 06:17:35 PM

Some actually sold at 4.0

We'll see if this is a dead cat bounce or the end of the panic.  There's still that 100 at 4.5 that might push the price down.
July 24, 2013, 06:14:19 PM
I think the bottom will be 4.1, it looks like people are realizing their mistake...
Activity: 644
July 24, 2013, 06:07:38 PM
There are some great puts still available around 4.35ish; those that think AM still has lower to go may want to look into them on btct
July 24, 2013, 06:02:56 PM
It's at 4 Btc.
Didn't expect it to go that low, good buying opportunity I guess.
the weird thing is that it is that low on bitfunder, too 

people are just panicing, so yes, really good time to buy shares.  I wish I had more coins!
Activity: 364
July 24, 2013, 05:58:55 PM
It's at 4 Btc.
Didn't expect it to go that low, good buying opportunity I guess.
July 24, 2013, 05:55:03 PM
Volume was up quite a bit even before burnside made that post. But AM ranges 0.3/day quite often. I guess I just wouldn't have called that a "crash" when it still fits within normal variance and doesn't look extraordinary when staring at the charts. I even doubt it's lower than it was this time last week. But if you want to feed a panic so you can buy, by all means go ahead.

Now, if you want better reasons to sell, perhaps the batch of 10,000 Avalon chips buys that were delivered today. http://thegenesisblock.com/10000-bitcoin-asic-chips-arrive-in-switzerland-3-ths/

I am not feeding a panic, and no, buy orders were not being filled at that rate before burnside's announcement.  The current price is now 4.11.  You still think it's just variance?

I don't know why people would sell with AM, though.  You can exchange BTCT shares for direct shares, so it doesn't make sense to sell.  Of course, many securities just crashed, so people might be moving money to another security.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 24, 2013, 04:33:11 PM
the one that just happened with every buy order above 4.55 got filled.

Price went from 4.8 to 4.55

TAT went to .0438

Volume was up quite a bit even before burnside made that post. But AM ranges 0.3/day quite often. I guess I just wouldn't have called that a "crash" when it still fits within normal variance and doesn't look extraordinary when staring at the charts. I even doubt it's lower than it was this time last week. But if you want to feed a panic so you can buy, by all means go ahead.

Now, if you want better reasons to sell, perhaps the batch of 10,000 Avalon chips buys that were delivered today. http://thegenesisblock.com/10000-bitcoin-asic-chips-arrive-in-switzerland-3-ths/
Activity: 420
July 24, 2013, 04:24:24 PM
He *might* have to bar US users. He was very clear that his plans are not yet set in stone. He was also clear that selling shares US users already owned would not be affected, even after whatever time limit expired.

Right now there's just some people plain panicking.   Grin
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
July 24, 2013, 04:20:55 PM

I believe burnside plans to ban US based user from buying stock and they'll be given some time to liquidate their asset.  This caused the crash rather than market's take on the dividend.
July 24, 2013, 04:19:28 PM

TAT went to .0438
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
July 24, 2013, 03:59:05 PM
I guess the price crash on BTCT answers my question...

What crash?
July 24, 2013, 03:58:08 PM
I guess the price crash on BTCT answers my question...
July 24, 2013, 03:39:09 PM
how do people think the recent burnside discussion about closing BTCT to US investors will affect the price of AM?  Should US investors move to BF?

BF suffered a bit lately, mainly because of the security vulnerability.  I know several people that move to BTCT since then, and the AM price has certainly been lower over there, as well as the volume.

What do folks think about this?
July 24, 2013, 09:57:40 AM
yeah, I'm predicting .024 for a dividend today.
Activity: 752
bitcoin hodler
July 24, 2013, 06:57:09 AM
I agree that the financial statement and the franchise project is great news.

Any guesses about the dividend this week? I think we're going to stay around 0.025 BTC like last week, since USB sales are still going strong, but we have to wait for blades for next week...

Haven't got an answer for that but do have related question....

Will USB eruptor sales keep running once the blades go on sale? If so, bumper dividends in August.

Or is there an announced cut-off point when they will stop being sold?

there is no cut-off point AFAIK. I think they will keep selling until there is any demand for them. Right now the supply obviously can't meet the demand because they are really hard to get for a price around 1 BTC
Activity: 518
July 24, 2013, 06:51:03 AM

Any guesses about the dividend this week? I think we're going to stay around 0.025 BTC like last week, since USB sales are still going strong, but we have to wait for blades for next week...

Haven't got an answer for that but do have related question....

Will USB eruptor sales keep running once the blades go on sale? If so, bumper dividends in August.

Or is there an announced cut-off point when they will stop being sold?
Activity: 752
bitcoin hodler
July 24, 2013, 06:26:33 AM

Activity: 518
July 24, 2013, 06:18:49 AM
The news about hardware franchising is really, really great in my opinion!  Smiley

Most people tend to judge share price through APR, and 25~30% seems to be commonly considered interesting enough considering the risk.
If hash rate market share can be multiplied by 2, maybe even a bit more (without any threat to the network!), it means mining income can be regularly twice or slightly more as they are. That would give a regular basis of ~0.035. Add a (conservative) 0.005 from hardware sales, we get to an average (still conservative) 0.04 overall. As the company will get a bit older, more and more established, with decentralized locations, the inherent risk will be reduced. For me it means 25% for the APR will be perfectly acceptable for most.
The above assumptions would lead a share price of 8.3BTC.

If 20% APR becomes acceptable for the majority, we'd be looking at >10BTC per share.

I don't see that happening short term, but if things continue to go well this could be the real consequence of the hardware franchising in 6 months to a year from now, for share holders.
That's truly a brilliant idea  Tongue

Very bullish target price but I agree the strategy to diversify into mining partnerships is the right move and can only be good for the share price of AM, providing AM can provide the hardware necessary for all this expansion! If anyone can, friedcat can.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
July 24, 2013, 05:34:58 AM
The news about hardware franchising is really, really great in my opinion!  Smiley

Most people tend to judge share price through APR, and 25~30% seems to be commonly considered interesting enough considering the risk.
If hash rate market share can be multiplied by 2, maybe even a bit more (without any threat to the network!), it means mining income can be regularly twice or slightly more as they are. That would give a regular basis of ~0.035. Add a (conservative) 0.005 from hardware sales, we get to an average (still conservative) 0.04 overall. As the company will get a bit older, more and more established, with decentralized locations, the inherent risk will be reduced. For me it means 25% for the APR will be perfectly acceptable for most.
The above assumptions would lead a share price of 8.3BTC.

If 20% APR becomes acceptable for the majority, we'd be looking at >10BTC per share.

I don't see that happening short term, but if things continue to go well this could be the real consequence of the hardware franchising in 6 months to a year from now, for share holders.
That's truly a brilliant idea  Tongue
Jump to: