Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 188. (Read 808768 times)

Activity: 752
Merit: 500
bitcoin hodler
July 11, 2013, 07:42:36 AM
Let's get this pony back on track with SPECULATION!

Someone give me a really good pseudo-economics reasoning (the more farcical the better) as to why we are experiencing a slight rally in the value of AM shares? Bonus points if your answer involves the rally in the price of BTC vs. fiat of the past few days.

July 10th, prepare for the Reckoning.

I thought today was the day we were to reckon?  Think we still might hear something out of Friedcat today/this week?

Yea, that was a rather bold prediction, wasn't it? Rest assured, there will be a reckoning.... Um, soon....

just postpone it till next week and I'm sure we will reckon
Activity: 560
July 11, 2013, 01:11:00 AM

Someone give me a really good pseudo-economics reasoning (the more farcical the better) as to why we are experiencing a slight rally in the value of AM shares? Bonus points if your answer involves the rally in the price of BTC vs. fiat of the past few days.

I thought today was the day we were to reckon?  Think we still might hear something out of Friedcat today/this week?

Yea, that was a rather bold prediction, wasn't it? Rest assured, there will be a reckoning.... Um, soon....
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
July 11, 2013, 12:58:07 AM
I don't get why this guy with 145 buy order at 4.38 (was the one with 250 originally I guess) does not buy remaining shares here, at 4.3:
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.2658706

The only explanation I see is that direct shares, even if you ask seller to tell friedcat you want them on PT right away, will still take few days to arrive to the exchange. So to me it indicates this guy with the buy order is aiming at selling those shares even earlier than "few days".

the most likely explanation is that it is TAT buying for the new offering on HL.

Possibly TAT does have 1/1 coverage on all shares issued in the passthrus confirmed by his Board Status Smiley

It will probably take a while to see real volumes in the AM1 depending on how fast equity is added but 37 full shares is really small so we are likely to see new shares being introduced at fixed prices in a few days to get some liquidity built into the share.

That said it took a couple months to get AM100 to 2500 full units and it started around 250 whole shares I think back then so give it a bit of time.

Gz TAT again
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
July 10, 2013, 09:37:23 PM

Activity: 476
Merit: 250
July 10, 2013, 09:11:52 PM
I don't get why this guy with 145 buy order at 4.38 (was the one with 250 originally I guess) does not buy remaining shares here, at 4.3:

The only explanation I see is that direct shares, even if you ask seller to tell friedcat you want them on PT right away, will still take few days to arrive to the exchange. So to me it indicates this guy with the buy order is aiming at selling those shares even earlier than "few days".

the most likely explanation is that it is TAT buying for the new offering on HL.
Activity: 525
July 10, 2013, 09:10:42 PM
Could be a super frieday? High divs and BTC looks ready to spring $5 - $10 usd higher?
Smiley

or $15!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
July 10, 2013, 07:15:03 PM

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
July 10, 2013, 06:50:26 PM
Somebody placed a 250 shares buy order at btct (> 1000BTC)  Shocked
I'm curious to see if it is manipulation or not...

If that's for investment and not speculation then that person will be banging their head against the wall when they learn of DMS.SELLING. Costs 0.031 BTC per share and will be paying out around 0.008 BTC probably on Friday. Those 250 shares at 4.27 BTC each could purchase 34,435 shares of DMS.SELLING at 0.031 BTC each, which would make 275 BTC by this Saturday.

You can't buy 35k of DMS.SELLING at 0.031 because only like 293 are available at that price. It has no liquidity for a guy like that. In addition DMS.SELLING doesn't work like that. You're full of something, and it aint facts. You should really back up out of this thread slowly. Save some of your dignity Mabsark.

Just like he couldn't buy 250 AM shares because there wasn't 250 shares available at that price at that moment in time. There is however 38,454 shares outstanding so it is actually a possibility that someone could buy 35,000 shares for 0.031 BTC each.

..... Really? REALLY?? ? ?? Outstanding IS NOT EQUAL TO for sale. There's only 3341 DMS.SELLING for sale. There's 1541 AM for sale. He would only bring it up to 4.7 buying 250 of AM. He would bring it up to 0.053 buying DMS and STILL NOT FILL HIS ORDER. 0.053 is MUCH HIGHER than 0.031. 4.7 IS NOT MUCH HIGHER than 4.3. Do the math.

I'm officially sold you are a troll of epic proportion. Sometimes it seems like you're speaking sense, like that AM hardware is not cheap may not fulfill ROI, but most times you're just a trollin AM hater.

Did I say that outstanding means they are for sale? No I did not. What I'm saying is that if he placed a bid for 35,000 shares at 0.031 BTC per share, then it is possible that those bids could be filled. While that is almost certainly unlikely to occur, it is still a valid possibility. That is a fact which does not depend on the number of shares currently for sale.

Just because I don't take part in worshipping AM, doesn't mean I hate them. I'm just looking to make profit and at the moment, DMS.SELLING is easily the most profitable asset available. I just think AM is overpriced at the moment and have stated my reasons for why I think that. I want AM prices to fall to a price I think reasonble, and then I will buy more shares. Unfortunately for me, I think I'll have to wait a few months for that to happen when the competition is out in full force.

You guys can call me a troll as much as you want. Posting facts, backing them up and replying to people who have replied to you is not trolling though. I'm not trying to wind you guys up for a buzz, I'm simply trying to bring some reality to a thread were people are claiming AM to be worth 10+ BTC.

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
You can't kill math.
July 10, 2013, 06:25:14 PM

If that's for investment and not speculation then that person will be banging their head against the wall when they learn of DMS.SELLING. Costs 0.031 BTC per share and will be paying out around 0.008 BTC probably on Friday. Those 250 shares at 4.27 BTC each could purchase 34,435 shares of DMS.SELLING at 0.031 BTC each, which would make 275 BTC by this Saturday.

You can't buy 35k of DMS.SELLING at 0.031 because only like 293 are available at that price. It has no liquidity for a guy like that. In addition DMS.SELLING doesn't work like that. You're full of something, and it aint facts. You should really back up out of this thread slowly. Save some of your dignity Mabsark.

Just like he couldn't buy 250 AM shares because there wasn't 250 shares available at that price at that moment in time. There is however 38,454 shares outstanding so it is actually a possibility that someone could buy 35,000 shares for 0.031 BTC each.

..... Really? REALLY?? ? ?? Outstanding IS NOT EQUAL TO for sale. There's only 3341 DMS.SELLING for sale. There's 1541 AM for sale. He would only bring it up to 4.7 buying 250 of AM. He would bring it up to 0.053 buying DMS and STILL NOT FILL HIS ORDER. 0.053 is MUCH HIGHER than 0.031. 4.7 IS NOT MUCH HIGHER than 4.3. Do the math. Yeah, maybe it's possible IF HE WAITS A MILLION YEARS. If pigs fly and we're all cyborgs and other imaginary shit that may or may not come true but no reasonable person would ever use as an argument to base decisions on right now.

"I'm going to cut off my pigs legs and eat them for dinner, cause... they will fly.. eventually..."
"I'll lose my legs? It's okay.. I'll be a cyborg soon anyway."

I'm officially sold you are a troll of epic proportion. Sometimes it seems like you're speaking sense, like that AM is taking advantage of prices as a monopoly, but most times you're just a trollin AM hater.
legendary
July 10, 2013, 06:18:40 PM

Wow.. 250 buy order guy, please stop pushing it up. Just chill and wait for some sells.

Activity: 476
July 10, 2013, 04:17:55 PM
wow, I wish I had enough coin to drop a 250 share buy order on BTCT!

I would have bought them at 3.6 the other day...
You can't kill math.
July 10, 2013, 02:54:41 PM
I would assume he is trying to push bids up to sell into anyone that tries to get above his wall...

I mean i would assume someone with that much cash would know what they were doing and not leave so much on the table. Unless he thinks there is an imminent move higher...in that case id just start eating the asks..

Am I missing something?

Don't assume too much. He should know that he will push it up to 4.5 before he gets any substancial sells into it. Thus he should just be buying up those cheap asks instead of pushing them up, unless it's manipulation or a gamble he should know he will lose. (There will not be a huge sell-off below 4.5). He's in a much better position to sit low, or be eating up the asks with that kind of order. There's not much point in going over the top of some people only looking to buy 1 or 2 shares unless you don't know what you're doing or you're manipulating. But I don't think he's manipulating because when you do that with a wall, you're trying to incite other people to increase their buy orders, but almost no one has yet he keeps increasing, so he would have nearly nothing to sell into if he was a manipulator.
Activity: 302
July 10, 2013, 02:50:49 PM
I would assume he is trying to push bids up to sell into anyone that tries to get above his wall...

I mean i would assume someone with that much cash would know what they were doing and not leave so much on the table. Unless he thinks there is an imminent move higher...in that case id just start eating the asks..

Am I missing something?
You can't kill math.
July 10, 2013, 02:47:58 PM

Wow.. 250 buy order guy, please stop pushing it up. Just chill and wait for some sells.

legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
July 10, 2013, 02:44:22 PM
Hmmmm... Havelock is now offering AM whole shares, but there are 0 shares outstanding.  Bids are piling up, but there are no shares to be sold.  BTCT suddenly gets a 250 share buy wall.  Hmmmmm......
Activity: 364
July 10, 2013, 02:39:45 PM

You misunderstand how DMS.Selling works.
The price of DMS.Selling will also drop with every dividend, the dividend is not your profit. You can only make profit by buying the DMS.Mining or DMS.Selling for less than they are going to get (kinda a bet of difficulty increase).
legendary
July 10, 2013, 02:36:19 PM
Somebody placed a 250 shares buy order at btct (> 1000BTCShocked

Activity: 490
Merit: 101
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
July 10, 2013, 02:21:40 PM
Wait for someone to nibble it's toes. If it cries like a girl and runs away, it's manipulation.

I don't think it's running away.

Yah, someone sell into it to reveal its intentions! Keep thinking "You scared the wild pokemon away!"?

Someone really want to get into ASICMINER, thats <$80k  Kiss

EDIT:  Yeah it is obvious doing the math, but it just baffles my mind that number all at once.  I am certainly small peanuts compared to that
You can't kill math.
July 10, 2013, 02:04:19 PM
Wait for someone to nibble it's toes. If it cries like a girl and runs away, it's manipulation.

Yah, someone sell into it to reveal its intentions! Keep thinking "You scared the wild pokemon away!"?
Activity: 574
July 10, 2013, 02:02:58 PM

Jump to: