Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 189. (Read 808768 times)

legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
July 10, 2013, 01:59:22 PM
Somebody placed a 250 shares buy order at btct (> 1000BTCShocked
I'm curious to see if it is manipulation or not...
It was at the top when placed, suggesting it wants to be bought.

Maybe a board member with prior knowledge of a coming announcement? Wink

Haha ever the speculator.

I suspect this one is legit. The last major legit wall I saw was 100 at 4.7

Yeah, looks like it's really wanting to buy, the monster is moving up!
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
You can't kill math.
July 10, 2013, 01:58:23 PM
Somebody placed a 250 shares buy order at btct (> 1000BTC)  Shocked

Haha ever the speculator.

I suspect this one is legit. The last major legit buy order wall I saw was 100 at 4.7 (it was eaten)
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
July 10, 2013, 01:51:23 PM
Somebody placed a 250 shares buy order at btct (> 1000BTC)  Shocked

[Edit - and it keeps moving up. Is at the top now (4.210010) and battling a bot that keeps bidding 1 tick higher]
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1003
Still wild and free
July 10, 2013, 01:45:58 PM
Somebody placed a 250 shares buy order at btct (> 1000BTCShocked

Activity: 518
July 10, 2013, 01:01:31 PM
After much planning and preparation, I'm proud to announce that Havelock & TAT Investments will be providing a new venue for you to trade full shares of ASICMINER.

This asset works much like ASICMINER-PT on BTCT.co, with total support for importing & exporting of direct shares as well as ASICMINER-PT & G.ASICMINER

This passthrough also pays 100% of dividends!

Launch Date/Time to be announced soon! Imports are being accepted immediately!

As part of this launch the other fractional passthrough, named ASICM, will be renamed to AM100, to make the names more informative:
AM1 = Full Shares
AM100 = Fractional Shares
NOTE: None of the fractional shares are currently eligible for importing into this new asset (TAT.ASICMINER, nor AM100).

Full details here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/havelock-am1-asicminer-full-share-pt-no-mgmt-fees-importexport-253673
Activity: 752
bitcoin hodler
July 10, 2013, 12:53:58 PM
cool divs!! gotta love the wednesdays!
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
July 10, 2013, 12:42:06 PM
someone sold a bunch of shares right before the dividend came through.  It doesn't look like we have a big panic sell, though.
July 10, 2013, 12:40:57 PM

certainly not!  I do hope we continue to exceed your predictions for the next few weeks.
Activity: 224
You can't kill math.
July 10, 2013, 12:37:09 PM
well, there wasn't an announcement, really.  And that's the reason no one is jumping, they wait to hear from FC.
Yes, he announced that eventually financial reports would be provided, likely in July. That's quite the announcement.

I don't think that's as important to most shareholders as some people assume.  They took the price to 5 btc without financial statements, after all.
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
July 10, 2013, 12:32:41 PM
well, there wasn't an announcement, really.  And that's the reason no one is jumping, they wait to hear from FC.
Yes, he announced that eventually financial reports would be provided, likely in July. That's quite the announcement.
July 10, 2013, 12:31:52 PM
in what world is a company that is behind over 9 months on orders competition for a company that is selling things right now?

Dividends have not dropped because of competition.  That is completely false. Dividends have been lower because hardware sales were PAUSED.  Notice how when USBs were for sale, dividends increased.  This whole notion that competition is having an effect on AM's profit right now is complete bullshit.

The plain fact of the matter is that THERE IS NO COMPETITION.

People can't even get their orders cancelled with BFL because of the no refund policy.  If they didn't have that policy, they would have significantly less orders to fill right now.
Activity: 532
https://karatcoin.co
July 10, 2013, 12:24:52 PM
What do you think about that, Mabsark?
please don't feed the troll...
This.

Mabsark lives in fantasy land where promises from every company have equal bearing devoid of reputability.

You guys are the ones living in a fantasy land where AM is the only ASIC maker and the competition does not even exist.

Look at the claims I've actually made in this thread.

I said 5 BTC was too much for an AM share and that prices would drop. That's precisely what happened.
I claimed that dividends from both mining and hardware sales would drop as the competition started to heat up. That's precisely what we're starting to see.

Once again, posting maths and facts does not make a troll. Quite the opposite, it makes me one of the only people here that is actually posting comments that are not pulled from my arse simply to inflate the share price. Just because you disagree with me, that does not make me a troll.

The fact that you can't counter my arguments except for calling me a troll or spewing nonsense like "no competitors have shipped anything" is telling. You guys are simply not interested in honest discussion and want nothing more than to engage in a circle jerk.

Hey Mabsy. We don't know each other, but I noticed you saying things so I thought, "Hey, I'll say things back to this guy!" So here goes.

Both of your super sweet claims were being stated by multiple people at the time of said events.

1.) I had conversation at the time of AM breaking 5 BTC/share on three different platforms regarding the unsustainable nature of that price point. Many people holding shares in AM agreed that we would not "truly" be at 5BTC without some hard growth.

2.) Dividends have risen and fallen for a while. I'm not sure how you correlated any specific dividend payout decrease with any particular competition. There is a .0204579 spread in the last two months of dividends. No decrease is sustained in a linear pattern.

I don't think that you're a troll, but you certainly aren't offering up anything of interest.

Cheers, Mr. Mabsy! We don't ALL hate you.  Grin

Activity: 504
Merit: 502
July 10, 2013, 12:23:32 PM
When one is thirsty, their thirst will not be quenched by promises of a team to build a well.

On this day, if you want to buy a mining rig, AM is where you go... period. Certainly it can be useful to make projections about the future state of ASIC sales and where AM will fit into it. You can make whatever development and delivery predictions you like, and then draw conclusions from them... but they are all conjecture at this point.

Do you think that FC does not look at ebay and see 5GH butterfly units selling for 25BTC? I would suggest he probably knows the market better than most, surely better than I, and adjusts his prices accordingly. Personally I think he should sell his rigs for as much as he possibly can, and keep dynamically pricing them as the market changes. Just makes good business sense.

You can speculate forever about which pre-order might give you the most bang for the buck when factoring in delivery times and increased global hash over time. But to hash today, it is AM or FAIL.

July 10, 2013, 12:22:50 PM
I guess that's because before these announcements it already was overvalued, so the announcements didn't bring the value up any more, since it already was too high.

legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
July 10, 2013, 12:13:25 PM
What do you think about that, Mabsark?
please don't feed the troll...
This.

Mabsark lives in fantasy land where promises from every company have equal bearing devoid of reputability.

You guys are the ones living in a fantasy land where AM is the only ASIC maker and the competition does not even exist.

Look at the claims I've actually made in this thread.

I said 5 BTC was too much for an AM share and that prices would drop. That's precisely what happened.
I claimed that dividends from both mining and hardware sales would drop as the competition started to heat up. That's precisely what we're starting to see.

Once again, posting maths and facts does not make a troll. Quite the opposite, it makes me one of the only people here that is actually posting comments that are not pulled from my arse simply to inflate the share price. Just because you disagree with me, that does not make me a troll.

The fact that you can't counter my arguments except for calling me a troll or spewing nonsense like "no competitors have shipped anything" is telling. You guys are simply not interested in honest discussion and want nothing more than to engage in a circle jerk.
Activity: 630
Bitgoblin
July 10, 2013, 12:12:37 PM
Im kind of surprised that the 24 hour value has remained below 4.5.  I thought for sure with the coming announcement on the new blades, a nice dividend expected, and being that it is d-day, that people would go crazy and this thing would shoot to 5 easy.  Not that I am upset over it, on the contrary, but people get so crazy with speculative news my assumption was a decent uptick.
I guess that's because before these announcements it already was overvalued, so the announcements didn't bring the value up any more, since it already was too high.
Activity: 231
July 10, 2013, 12:01:17 PM

Crazy expensive.

I wish you people who don't seem to be capable of basic maths would stop spreading complete and utter bullshit in the hopes of pumping and dumping.

10 BTC for a 5 Gh/s miner is shite. Jalapenos and K16s are a third of that price at the current exchange rate. The mini Blade would have to mine about 6.5 BTC before a Jalapeno or K16 ordered today actually shipped. Based on a difficulty of 25,590,229 (about 20% increase), the mini Blade would earn 0.092 BTC per day. By keeping the difficulty constant, it would take 66 days to mine 6.5 BTC. If we assume the difficulty increase by 15% per pound, then we get the following:

0.0982 * 12 = 1.1784
0.0851 * 12 = 1.0212
0.0740 * 12 = 0.888
0.0643 * 12 = 0.7716
0.0559 * 12 = 0.6708
0.0559 * 12 = 0.6708
0.0425 * 12 = 0.51
0.0369 * 12 = 0.4428
0.0321 * 12 = 0.3852

That's 6.5388 BTC over the next 108 days after this coming difficulty increase.

Once again, ASICMiner has set its prices to rip off gullible idiots who can't count and the competition, even though they're not shipping from the shelf yet, is still more profitable.

Oh look!  It's Mabsark posting about how AM products are overpriced and that its competition is far superior.  Must be div day!

If I'm wrong, then show me how I'm wrong.

Wrong?  On the contrary.  You are the perfect div day indicator.
Activity: 518
July 10, 2013, 11:57:47 AM
What's your Div prediction for today, Eric?

Couldn't tell ya vela. Before last week's div, I figured this week to be lower due to the gap for blade sales. I'm feelin' 0.0189...

I've actually been away since Friday (returning from Japan). I don't think I missed much. Let me try anyway...

July 10 - Modest ~0.0189
July 17 - Epic 0.035+
July 24 - Good ~0.032
July 31 - Decent ~0.022
# Cautious of competitor August/September promises
August 7 - Modest ~0.019

Hey that's brilliant - we can base our share dumping and repurchasing around those numbers  Cheesy

What's your accuracy prediction % for each figure?
Jump to: