Author

Topic: ASICMINER Speculation Thread - page 192. (Read 808768 times)

Activity: 224
Merit: 100
July 10, 2013, 07:13:12 AM
Holy shit, seriously? 0.033-0.053 total dividend? Thats going to send the share price through the roof.

Anything conclusive to back this up?
Activity: 61
Merit: 10
July 10, 2013, 07:11:01 AM

Divpred: .013 on mining & .02 - .04 on sales.
Not the jackpot but the next weeks 'll probably be awesome Cool

SmiGueL is probably *the* authority on AM's dividend tracking, so I'm feeling optimistic.

If dividend is > .04 and BTCUSD doesn't go down, prepare for a rally.
Activity: 490
Merit: 101
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
July 10, 2013, 07:03:35 AM
I did not realize nothing was more profitable than something... shit, learn something new each day
legendary
Activity: 826
Merit: 1004
July 10, 2013, 07:00:27 AM
rockxie just announced  the  new&mini blade. Here: http://vdisk.weibo.com/s/Jk4aV

new blade: 10GH/s=18.88BTC Group buy 18.68BTC
mini blade: 5GH/s=9.88BTC     Group buy 9.68BTC

here we go, people!  who cares about tomorrow's dividend, I am ready for NEXT WEEK!

those are crazy prices! People are going to tear arms of anyone that will have these on hand! I hope they will be for sale in other places than in China!

Crazy expensive.

I wish you people who don't seem to be capable of basic maths would stop spreading complete and utter bullshit in the hopes of pumping and dumping.

10 BTC for a 5 Gh/s miner is shite. Jalapenos and K16s are a third of that price at the current exchange rate. The mini Blade would have to mine about 6.5 BTC before a Jalapeno or K16 ordered today actually shipped. Based on a difficulty of 25,590,229 (about 20% increase), the mini Blade would earn 0.092 BTC per day. By keeping the difficulty constant, it would take 66 days to mine 6.5 BTC. If we assume the difficulty increase by 15% per pound, then we get the following:

0.0982 * 12 = 1.1784
0.0851 * 12 = 1.0212
0.0740 * 12 = 0.888
0.0643 * 12 = 0.7716
0.0559 * 12 = 0.6708
0.0559 * 12 = 0.6708
0.0425 * 12 = 0.51
0.0369 * 12 = 0.4428
0.0321 * 12 = 0.3852

That's 6.5388 BTC over the next 108 days after this coming difficulty increase.

Once again, ASICMiner has set its prices to rip off gullible idiots who can't count and the competition, even though they're not shipping from the shelf yet, is still more profitable.
Activity: 196
July 10, 2013, 06:43:25 AM
They have shown that they are capable of hashing > than 60TH.  I believe we are in for a large hardware sale week and they have been throttling back to manage the dividend.

No they did not.. You need to realize all those tracking/graphing sites are just estimates figured out from blocks found over the time.
Exactly. ASICMINER may have gotten lucky in that small period and found several blocks at 10-20%
Activity: 656
Merit: 500
July 10, 2013, 06:29:57 AM
They have shown that they are capable of hashing > than 60TH.  I believe we are in for a large hardware sale week and they have been throttling back to manage the dividend.

No they did not.. You need to realize all those tracking/graphing sites are just estimates figured out from blocks found over the time.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
July 10, 2013, 06:27:08 AM
It's Wednesday everyone!  Cool
Dividend Prediction: 0.020 - 0.022
Activity: 752
Merit: 500
bitcoin hodler
July 10, 2013, 04:35:37 AM
rockxie just announced  the  new&mini blade. Here: http://vdisk.weibo.com/s/Jk4aV

here we go, people!  who cares about tomorrow's dividend, I am ready for NEXT WEEK!

those are crazy prices! People are going to tear arms of anyone that will have these on hand! I hope they will be for sale in other places than in China!
Activity: 163
July 10, 2013, 04:13:47 AM

Ok time to revive the speculation thread Smiley
Woot so lets guess on the dividends for the next week after this week XD

What do you think about this week?

There seems to be less in the mining address than at this time in recent weeks. If we have bad luck over the next 24 hours maybe the dividend will be significantly lower... and we'll see another drop in share price before the upcoming blade announcement sends the price through the roof.   Grin
Activity: 378
Merit: 250
July 10, 2013, 02:35:34 AM
That's fairly reasonable. Guess I'll order another two 10GH blades when they become available. Nice options.

I'm actually surprised that there is enough room for a fairly quick ROI.  Asicminer historically has priced things fairly tightly in terms of ROI.

Considering 100TH, KnC, Bitfury and 2nd Gen Asicminer are all coming in the next 8 weeks it's nice to see that these may actually return a profit.
If their chips is 28nm standards ,then I am pretty sure it would be very long-way for them to into mass production,Since the capable manufactures to producing at 28nm standards are still scarce supply in the market.(They are too busy to producing chips for those GPU/MOBILE and other electrical devices)

legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
July 10, 2013, 01:18:46 AM
That's fairly reasonable. Guess I'll order another two 10GH blades when they become available. Nice options.

I'm actually surprised that there is enough room for a fairly quick ROI.  Asicminer historically has priced things fairly tightly in terms of ROI.

Considering 100TH, KnC, Bitfury and 2nd Gen Asicminer are all coming in the next 8 weeks it's nice to see that these may actually return a profit.
Activity: 378
July 10, 2013, 01:17:12 AM
rockxie just announced  the  new&mini blade. Here: http://vdisk.weibo.com/s/Jk4aV

mini blade: 5GH/s=9.88BTC     Group buy 9.68BTC

here we go, people!  who cares about tomorrow's dividend, I am ready for NEXT WEEK!

Good price...The demand should be enormousness.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1067
Christian Antkow
July 10, 2013, 01:13:30 AM
rockxie just announced  the  new&mini blade. Here: http://vdisk.weibo.com/s/Jk4aV

mini blade: 5GH/s=9.88BTC     Group buy 9.68BTC

here we go, people!  who cares about tomorrow's dividend, I am ready for NEXT WEEK!

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090
Learning the troll avoidance button :)
July 10, 2013, 01:06:41 AM

Activity: 476
July 10, 2013, 12:58:29 AM

Activity: 362
July 10, 2013, 12:42:25 AM
My thoughts: there is absolutely no reason to believe that you are right in any way whatsoever. Your proposition doesn't even make much sense to me.

If you can show me a compelling example (with numbers) of a situation in which throttling is a good strategy, I may re-evaluate. Because I can't think of any situation in which it makes sense.

Time will tell, though I don't see how the last 3 weeks could have been so consistent without some sort of purposeful intent.  I don't claim to understand or necessarily agree with the throttling, only that I think it is occurring.

I'm not good at mathing, but someone on Reddit just posted that AM dividends will be .043 this week...http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1hzjoq/asicminer_dividend_to_reach_004btc_for_first_time/

That would imply hardware sales of around 12400 BTC, and since they are only selling USB miners currently, it would mean somewhere between 12400 and 14000 USB miners would have been sold the last week.

I know they are popular and they are really starting to catch on, but I highly doubt they have sold that many in the last week.
Activity: 43
Merit: 0
July 10, 2013, 12:36:31 AM
My thoughts: there is absolutely no reason to believe that you are right in any way whatsoever. Your proposition doesn't even make much sense to me.

If you can show me a compelling example (with numbers) of a situation in which throttling is a good strategy, I may re-evaluate. Because I can't think of any situation in which it makes sense.

Time will tell, though I don't see how the last 3 weeks could have been so consistent without some sort of purposeful intent.  I don't claim to understand or necessarily agree with the throttling, only that I think it is occurring.

I'm not good at mathing, but someone on Reddit just posted that AM dividends will be .043 this week...http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1hzjoq/asicminer_dividend_to_reach_004btc_for_first_time/
legendary
July 10, 2013, 12:30:14 AM

Activity: 362
July 10, 2013, 12:23:50 AM
I've been holding my tongue for a while now, but I think it's finally time to speak up and enlighten the crowd.  I think Friedcat and Co. are purposefully targeting weekly hash mining revenue as to produce a semi-consistant weekly dividend while also keeping total network hash-rate low as to spur hardware sales.

If we get an abnormally large hardware sale portion that brings us to around .019/.02 per share in dividends then I will be convinced.

I'm not insinuating that this is a bad practice, on the contrary, it actually takes quite a bit of the guesswork out of valuating my position.  I just wanted to get the communities thoughts on the matter.

legendary
July 10, 2013, 12:01:29 AM
I've been holding my tongue for a while now, but I think it's finally time to speak up and enlighten the crowd.  I think Friedcat and Co. are purposefully targeting weekly hash mining revenue as to produce a semi-consistant weekly dividend while also keeping total network hash-rate low as to spur hardware sales.

If we get an abnormally large hardware sale portion that brings us to around .019/.02 per share in dividends then I will be convinced.

I'm not insinuating that this is a bad practice, on the contrary, it actually takes quite a bit of the guesswork out of valuating my position.  I just wanted to get the communities thoughts on the matter.
Jump to: