Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICPuppy.net - Terminus, Moonlander 2, 2pacs in Stock! BTC,LTC,ETH,BCH - page 30. (Read 105180 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
please let us know.  BTW  my pc crashed yesterday, not sure why but this problem comes and goes this pc's mobo has mined 24/7/365 for 20+ months.

So far so good on my end. I decreased the temps a little by moving some fans around (now running ~37ish) with clocks at 280 and so far running solid at 33.6GH/s. No signs of a memory leak yet, but I'll keep my eye out. Sorry your having issues with your PC Philip, but it sounds like CrazyGuy is working on some updates.

I think you may have solved your issue   37 c vould be the cure.

I may have figured out this pc issue.

I set no windows 7 updates  since I don't  want the updates to interfere with mining and this pc only mines.

The last 3 times it crashed even with the no windows updates  within 2 hours after the crash it does a windows update.  So I am thinking my no updates choice gets over ridden by microsoft.

Does not happen much every 20-40 days.  I thought it was an aging mobo but I think not.  This would be good news since this pc has mined so long and so hard and so well I do not ever want to lose the mobo.  Asrock z77 -itx-e  with an intel i7 3770t low power quad cpu.
Activity: 32
Merit: 0
Awesome!  Will place an order on the web site later this evening!
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
please let us know.  BTW  my pc crashed yesterday, not sure why but this problem comes and goes this pc's mobo has mined 24/7/365 for 20+ months.

So far so good on my end. I decreased the temps a little by moving some fans around (now running ~37ish) with clocks at 280 and so far running solid at 33.6GH/s. No signs of a memory leak yet, but I'll keep my eye out. Sorry your having issues with your PC Philip, but it sounds like CrazyGuy is working on some updates.
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
Sounds like a memory leak or processor utilization growing out of control. BFGMiner now supports the R-Box so that is worth a shot. I will be integrating it into the package installer tonight.

Also…

A few of these showed up today:

I'll be shipping a free board to everyone that has already ordered 6 units tomorrow. All new orders of 6+ units will receive a free breakout board as well. Additionally, you can purchase just the board from ASICPuppy.net
legendary
I've been running 4 on a beaglebone without any slowdown after 4 days. You may want to keep an eye on cgminer's memory usage in Windows, perhaps there's a leak?

Crazy, I'll have to keep my eye out for a memory leak. I'm also planning on booting up a linux box to see if I have better results there.

what is temp in your mining cave.  I have been under 83f   at all times.   If you are running at 95f ambient temp that could be the problem.

also what is on that corsair psu?  a lot of power draw against it?

same goes for the hp brick just the 1 r-box on a 120watt brick or other gear.

checking system processes for a ram leak is a good idea.

MY pc has
 cg miner
cpu miner
bfg miner all running   and my ram numbers are good

My ambient temp is around ~80F in the Minecave (essentially a small workroom in my basement), so I'm guessing that's not the issue. The Corsair PSU has 2x Technobit Hex16A miners and 1x Asicminer Blade on it along with 1x R-box. The HP brick only has the 1x R-box. I'm planning on reworking my power supplies to put both R-boxes on another power supply.

I just restarted CGminer, so I'll have to wait a few days to see if there's a memory leak.

I've been running 4 on a beaglebone without any slowdown after 4 days. You may want to keep an eye on cgminer's memory usage in Windows, perhaps there's a leak?

Crazy, I'll have to keep my eye out for a memory leak. I'm also planning on booting up a linux box to see if I have better results there.

what is temp in your mining cave.  I have been under 83f   at all times.   If you are running at 95f ambient temp that could be the problem.

also what is on that corsair psu?  a lot of power draw against it?

MY pc has
 cg miner
cpu miner

My ambient temp is around ~80F in the Minecave (essentially a small workroom in my basement), so I'm guessing that's not the issue. The Corsair PSU has 2x Technobit Hex16A miners and 1x Asicminer Blade on it along with 1x R-box. The HP brick only has the 1x R-box. I'm planning on reworking my power supplies to put both R-boxes on another power supply.

I just restarted CGminer, so I'll have to wait a few days to see if there's a memory leak.
legendary
what is temp in your mining cave.  I have been under 83f   at all times.   If you are running at 95f ambient temp that could be the problem.

also what is on that corsair psu?  a lot of power draw against it?

MY pc has
 cg miner
cpu miner
legendary

are you using bricks or a quality psu?

You know where I am going with this.   Quality psu for me = stable.  Bricks ? 

This is important for us to know I would like to resell these >  I want to know they will be stable.  Over the last 15 months I have found that bricks weaken and fail a lot.  good psu solutions work better.

he made really good pcie cable for grid seeds.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/cablez-54059

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-atx-psu-to-25-or-2155mm-12v-coaxial-plug-power-cables-new-product-74397

I will contact him about these.

I'm using a 120W brick from an HP laptop with one, and I'm running another off of a Corsair CX500 power supply, wired to a molex connection. Both seem to decrease at the same rate, so I don't think that power is an issue, but I may try wiring both up to a dedicated extra power supply I have and see if that helps.

A user on Reddit suggested it may be a temp issue, as each of my miners is running at ~40degC, so I may try moving to a cooler location (outside of my "minecave") and see if that helps the issue.
legendary

To crazy guy    :  By the way  this gear is rock solid so far running with freq 270 at btcguild pool.  I get 62-66gh   running 2 units.

Posted a trust for my 2 r-box purchase.  Will do so for the  4 pack when i get it.

philipma1957, I'm glad your miners are stable. The two that I have will start at ~66GH/s, but over the course of a few days they'll dip a little lower and a little lower until they're about 57GH/s. I then have to restart CGminer (and usually change the clock speed) to get them to speed back up again.

Has anyone else had this issue? Could it be a windows build problem?

are you using bricks or a quality psu?

You know where I am going with this.   Quality psu for me = stable.  Bricks ?  

This is important for us to know I would like to resell these >  I want to know they will be stable.  Over the last 15 months I have found that bricks weaken and fail a lot.  good psu solutions work better.

he made really good pcie cable for grid seeds.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/cablez-54059

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wts-atx-psu-to-25-or-2155mm-12v-coaxial-plug-power-cables-new-product-74397

I will contact him about these.

To crazy guy    :  By the way  this gear is rock solid so far running with freq 270 at btcguild pool.  I get 62-66gh   running 2 units.

Posted a trust for my 2 r-box purchase.  Will do so for the  4 pack when i get it.

philipma1957, I'm glad your miners are stable. The two that I have will start at ~66GH/s, but over the course of a few days they'll dip a little lower and a little lower until they're about 57GH/s. I then have to restart CGminer (and usually change the clock speed) to get them to speed back up again.

Has anyone else had this issue? Could it be a windows build problem?
legendary
Alright, I have got good news! It does work!!!! But there are still problems. When fivejonnyfive said he messed around with the clock setting I decided to try that so I started at a frequency of 200. It it freaking worked. Only 20 ghs but still that means it good. So I amped it up to 230. Something peculiar happened....the miner would work for five seconds then pull that same error but it gets more interesting. I noticed the fan spins down really low then spins back up when the error pulls up and it stops working. Could this be a power problem? Thanks everyone for the suggestions too. I messaged Luke and I am using the modded cgminer. Actually it most likely is. I did a real shoddy job of wiring it up to the psu. The power brick that was suggested on this thread should be here tommorow. Time will tell Shocked

short power for sure. (95% sure)    do not run it until you get better power source.

my gut feeling with this device is proper quantity of power is needed.  Your gear sounds under powered.
_______________________________________________________________________________ _____
 To crazy guy    :  By the way  this gear is rock solid so far running with freq 270 at btcguild pool.  I get 62-66gh   running 2 units.

legendary

Jones Gear? I think that's your problem... If you're buying on Amazon I hear BitMinerJoe is the seller to go with.

Jones has always done me solid on BTC gear...they have a 7 day price guarantee after your gear ships that I have used many times when gear prices dropped, sometimes drastically...and they always gave me the refund

BitMinerJoe is a good guy too..he is actually in the same town I am and when I had an issue with a Cube I bought from him, he met me and traded it out for a new unit

He met you for a trade out? Sounds like a really cool dude!  Grin
Activity: 121
Merit: 100

Jones Gear? I think that's your problem... If you're buying on Amazon I hear BitMinerJoe is the seller to go with.

Jones has always done me solid on BTC gear...they have a 7 day price guarantee after your gear ships that I have used many times when gear prices dropped, sometimes drastically...and they always gave me the refund

BitMinerJoe is a good guy too..he is actually in the same town I am and when I had an issue with a Cube I bought from him, he met me and traded it out for a new unit
Activity: 3
Alright, I have got good news! It does work!!!! But there are still problems. When fivejonnyfive said he messed around with the clock setting I decided to try that so I started at a frequency of 200. It it freaking worked. Only 20 ghs but still that means it good. So I amped it up to 230. Something peculiar happened....the miner would work for five seconds then pull that same error but it gets more interesting. I noticed the fan spins down really low then spins back up when the error pulls up and it stops working. Could this be a power problem? Thanks everyone for the suggestions too. I messaged Luke and I am using the modded cgminer. Actually it most likely is. I did a real shoddy job of wiring it up to the psu. The power brick that was suggested on this thread should be here tommorow. Time will tell Shocked
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 [2014-06-09 18:16:04] (5s):2.454G (1m):395.5M (5m):84.44M (15m):28.47M (avg):2.
144Gh/s
 [2014-06-09 18:16:04] AMU 1: Share above target
 [2014-06-09 18:16:05] AMU 1: Share above target
 [2014-06-09 18:16:05] AMU1: libusb pipe error, trying to clear
 [2014-06-09 18:16:05] AMU 1 GetResults usb read err:(-9) LIBUSB_ERROR_PIPE
 [2014-06-09 18:16:05] AMU 1 attempted reset got err:(0) LIBUSB_SUCCESS
 [2014-06-09 18:16:05] AMU 1 GetResults usb read err:(-1) LIBUSB_ERROR_IO
 [2014-06-09 18:16:05] AMU1: Comms error (rerr=-1 amt=0)
 [2014-06-09 18:16:05] AMU 1 failure, disabling!

Thats all thats new. Setting up ubuntu as we speak. Do you think I should rma it?

I also noticed that it slowly changes the amus. For exapmle it will do this error then move onto AMU2 then 3 and so on with the same error

If it doesn't work with ubuntu i'd RMA it.

Just to confirm, you are using the custom CGminer and not a stock CGminer right?

Not for nothing I had a hell of a time getting the rbox rocking with windows, but once I compiled my own CGminer for the RasPi it worked instantaneously and without error. So - if it don't work in linux then it may be hardware.

There's also a cgminer-debug command that came with the windows download. When I had an issue of setting an improper frequency that jammed up the miner that cleared the problem straight away. It seems setting the freq to 300 errors the miner and clears all the freqs of all the chips and goes back to defaults

If you'd like I can upload my MinePeon image for the RasPi which i've modified to work with the Rbox. (Just change the pools otherwise you're mining for me :-P)
legendary
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
144Gh/s

Thats all thats new. Setting up ubuntu as we speak. Do you think I should rma it?

RMA is your call. You might try upping the retry count on clearing that pipe error and rebuild cgminer. You could also ask Luke-jr if he has a beta version of bfgminer ready that you could test and see if serial drivers don't exhibit the same issues.
144Gh/s

I also noticed that it slowly changes the amus. For exapmle it will do this error then move onto AMU2 then 3 and so on with the same error
legendary
HELP!!!! So, I got my rockminer today through Jones Gear on Amazon. I wired up to the bullet connector to my psu and everything is going well. But heres where it gets funky. Everytime I launch CGminer this happens

-------------------------------------------------------
 RMU0: Comms error (rerr=-1 amt=0)
 FAIL: USB get_lock not found (1:1)
 FAIL: USB remove not already in use (1:1)
 RMU 0 GetResults usb read err:(-9) LIBUSB_ERROR_PIPE
 RMU 0 attempted reset got err:(0) LIBUSB_SUCCESS
 RMU 0 GetResults usb read err:(-1) LIBUSB_ERROR_IO

I have tryed everything on two different computers and wires. I have no idea what to do..............

Jones Gear? I think that's your problem... If you're buying on Amazon I hear BitMinerJoe is the seller to go with. Seriously though, I haven't had this reported from any of my customers yet but there's another guy in dogie's thread with the same issue. It's an initialization problem but I'm not familiar enough with the code to determine if it can be worked around in cgminer or if it's defective.

Do you have a Linux box you can test on to see if it makes a difference? Also, try running cgminer with the debug flag enabled (-D) and see if it gives any more information.
HELP!!!! So, I got my rockminer today through Jones Gear on Amazon. I wired up to the bullet connector to my psu and everything is going well. But heres where it gets funky. Everytime I launch CGminer this happens

-------------------------------------------------------

I have tryed everything on two different computers and wires. I have no idea what to do..............
Pages:
Jump to: