Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICPuppy.net - Terminus, Moonlander 2, 2pacs in Stock! BTC,LTC,ETH,BCH - page 31. (Read 105180 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
Excellent work!
That is clean, allows for easy access to the connections and holds it securely from the looks of it.
 Cool

Thanks mate! Very secure indeed. The board remains in the mount even when removing the 20+4pin PSU connector.

Just a note....

DO NOT PLUG MORE THAN ONE (1) PSU INTO THESE BREAKOUT BOARDS.
^bad things happen! (to the secondary psu)   Cry

I just found out the hard way earlier this evening, heh

Time for a quick frag then off to destroy (finish) the cover/lid for these suckers!

I did that with a fan controller..   I  accidentally plugged in a second psu  the first psu a 110 usd antec 650 watt plat burnt up.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!
Just posted my breakout board case thread which can be found here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/wtswtt-blackarrow-breakout-board-casesmounts-645228
I included a sneak peak of the lid. I will have pics of the actual lid attached to the mount base posted tomorrow. I must say it is nice having my bb secured and out of the way.
3D Printed!
Excellent work!
That is clean, allows for easy access to the connections and holds it securely from the looks of it.
 Cool

Thanks mate! Very secure indeed. The board remains in the mount even when removing the 20+4pin PSU connector.

Just a note....

DO NOT PLUG MORE THAN ONE (1) PSU INTO THESE BREAKOUT BOARDS.
^bad things happen! (to the secondary psu)   Cry

I just found out the hard way earlier this evening, heh

Time for a quick frag then off to destroy (finish) the cover/lid for these suckers!
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
3D Printed!
I have yet to clean up my cables but here are the first pics...also, the breakout board SNAPS securely in place, NO screws/hardware required.

After I blow up some heads in TF2 I will finish the cover/lid and get that printed and then I can modify the base for multiple mounting options. I figure a multi-type mount unit would be best versus having to manage 3 or more types of mounting style cases. Also, I will post up a 4sale thread soon.
3D Printed!
Success!...I just mounted my BlackArrow software breakout board onto my Antfarm using the case I designed and printed. Taking pics and posting them in a few and then I will model the cover and get that test printed. Stoked!

Time for a cold soda and quick break before snapping the pics
legendary
Great work!  I will be up for a couple of them when you are ready.
It would make my reviews and setups so much easier.
 Smiley

Awesome and yeah, I am tired of my breakout board just dangling from my Antfarm, hehe

I will also be offering these in multiple mounting styles with one being "universal" incorporating a couple types of mounting styles (zip/twist tie, slotted, outside{as shown} etc.). I am open to suggestions.  I also have a couple standard ATX PSU mounts available...working on a universal one of these as well, dang switch location/orientation varies so much.

Just had a good idea...designing and printing some cable-management clips for my Antfarm and R-Box units  Cool

You could pick up a pack of pipe cleaners they are better then zip ties and better then twist ties.

Easy to use over and over much long then a twist tie.  I mounted high speed fans on my antminer s-1's.

I will find a photo  here is a link.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.6499619

see if you can combine the two into something good.
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
 Smiley

Awesome and yeah, I am tired of my breakout board just dangling from my Antfarm, hehe

I will also be offering these in multiple mounting styles with one being "universal" incorporating a couple types of mounting styles (zip/twist tie, slotted, outside{as shown} etc.). I am open to suggestions.  I also have a couple standard ATX PSU mounts available...working on a universal one of these as well, dang switch location/orientation varies so much.

Just had a good idea...designing and printing some cable-management clips for my Antfarm and R-Box units  Cool

Count me in as well, great job!
3D Printed!
 Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004
 Smiley

Almost finished with the BlackArrow software breakout board holder/mounts.
quick preview...

I am still working on the cover/lid but am test printing the base now. Installed pics soon!
3D Printed!
Almost finished with the BlackArrow software breakout board holder/mounts.
quick preview...

I am still working on the cover/lid but am test printing the base now. Installed pics soon!
3D Printed!
placed an order for  a total of six please remember to send the breakout board.

I will photo and test it on this thread.  

Right now testing the two units   they seem to pulse power use I have to set up a different test.

having the 6 units hooked up to the breakout board should make for accurate testing.

I've got 3x R-Box units on a single breakout board powered by an 850W gold rated PSU (which is also powering a single OC'd S1) I think I have another PSU feeding into the bb as well.

There are MORE than 10 spots for adding the R-Box power cords but I would imagine the board is limited to a certain number of watts/amps?
The breakout boards are designed to be able to power 12 bitfury boards, each bitfury board is apx 45w.

Thanks for this info!

So...
12*45w=540w

I wonder if the BlackArrowSoftware breakout boards can handle using ALL 20 12V ports?? Might be worth an inquiry to the manyfacturer. Has anyone tried powering more than 12 devices with one of these?
Activity: 574
Merit: 500

Right now testing the two units   they seem to pulse power use I have to set up a different test.

having the 6 units hooked up to the breakout board should make for accurate testing.

I've got 3x R-Box units on a single breakout board powered by an 850W gold rated PSU (which is also powering a single OC'd S1) I think I have another PSU feeding into the bb as well.

There are MORE than 10 spots for adding the R-Box power cords but I would imagine the board is limited to a certain number of watts/amps?
The breakout boards are designed to be able to power 12 bitfury boards, each bitfury board is apx 45w.
3D Printed!

legendary

3D Printed!
Price update and free Black arrow DC breakout board with every 6 units purchased. Good for powering up to ten units. Breakout boards will ship later this week once available.

Nice! Any chance on offering a discount instead of the ATX-bb? Just curious Wink

Sure, contact me via PM and we can work something out.

Here's the breakout board for those interested:
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/atx-to-dc-power-adapter.html

Awesome, thanks mate!

Also, I am designing a 3d printed case/mount for the BlackArrow ATX to DC breakout boards  Grin
legendary
Price update and free Black arrow DC breakout board with every 6 units purchased. Good for powering up to ten units. Breakout boards will ship later this week once available.

Nice! Any chance on offering a discount instead of the ATX-bb? Just curious Wink

Sure, contact me via PM and we can work something out.

Here's the breakout board for those interested:
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/atx-to-dc-power-adapter.html
3D Printed!

legendary
breakout board sounds good.

I used this power supply at 5 volts and turned it up to  12 volts

I finally got them to run two hooked up to a seasonic.

I will post power numbers.

These  pulse power  as low as 70 watts and as high as 80 watts.  the hash has been very stable

64gh up or down ugh ,

So quiet. So very quiet compared to the five chip gridseed .

legendary
Pages:
Jump to: