Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICPuppy.net - Terminus, Moonlander 2, 2pacs in Stock! BTC,LTC,ETH,BCH - page 33. (Read 105180 times)

Activity: 121
Merit: 100

Can you post a screenshot of when you receive the error? Try manually installing the driver inf that zadig creates.

OK...I seem to have it working

the instructions call for selecting "Install WCID driver" from the drop down

when I instead just select "Reinstall driver" it installs the "WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) driver and cgminer first starts with "no devices detected" but then starts hashing

Now if I can just get the Raspberry Pi to work as I really don't want to use the Windows PC to run these things long term

legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007

I will try disabling User Account Control next

No joy...I'm actually glad that wasn't it because I didn't want to turn off warnings for programs installing permanently

This is from the Zadig log

10 devices found.
Driver Installation: FAILED (Other error)

Can you post a screenshot of when you receive the error? Try manually installing the driver inf that zadig creates.

No joy...I'm actually glad that wasn't it because I didn't want to turn off warnings for programs installing permanently

This is from the Zadig log

10 devices found.
Driver Installation: FAILED (Other error)

4The easiest method on Windows is to just use the installer I created.

Ensure that you are administrator and disable UAC if all else fails. If you still get an error, see if you can find the Zadig logs.

I was using your installer.  Zadig works fine with an existing Gridseed

I am selecting "CP102 USB to UART Bridge Controller", then selecting "install WCID Driver" from the drop down

it seems to be the "WCID" selection that angers it.  With the Gridseed I just select "reinstall driver"

You found 4.3.3 in git?  I couldn't find it there.  I downloaded a tarball from http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/4.3/

As I recall, I expanded the archive, did a ./configure --enable-icarus and THEN copied the R-BOX files over and did a "make clean all".

edit: I seem to remember getting those errors myself when I pulled that latest version from GIT.  Try getting 4.3.3

No, I downloaded from http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/4.3/cgminer-4.3.3.tar.bz2 to my raspberry pi

unpacked the file.  did a ./configure --enable-icarus

downloaded three files from https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX/tree/master/cgminer-4.3.3-update-v2.0 and copied them to ./cgminer-4.3.3 directory

did sudo make clean all

after a bit of everything going seemingly fine, it barfs out with all sorts of symbol errors...basically hundreds of lines like the below over and over

cgminer.c:10166:9789: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<â token
cgminer.c:10166:9926: warning: multi-character character constant [-Wmultichar]
cgminer.c:10166:9936: warning: character constant too long for its type [enabled by default]
cgminer.c:10166:10105: warning: multi-character character constant [-Wmultichar]
cgminer.c:10166:10115: warning: character constant too long for its type [enabled by default]

I noticed the files at https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX/tree/master/cgminer-4.3.3-update-v2.0 were updated 12 days ago.  Could you have compiled and be using a previous verson?
Activity: 13
Merit: 0

1) Download cgminer 4.3.3 from git or other repository
2) Replace cgminer.c, driver-Icarus.c and miner.h with files from this location:
     - https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX

during make...multiple errors are generated from cgminer.c

cgminer.c:10166:5431: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<â token
cgminer.c:10166:5455: warning: multi-character character constant [-Wmultichar]
cgminer.c:10166:5465: warning: multi-character character constant [-Wmultichar]
cgminer.c:10166:5431: error: stray â#â in program

Can't get Windows instructions to work...can't get Linux instructions to work...not getting much mining out of the three devices I purchased at this point :-(
You found 4.3.3 in git?  I couldn't find it there.  I downloaded a tarball from http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/4.3/

As I recall, I expanded the archive, did a ./configure --enable-icarus and THEN copied the R-BOX files over and did a "make clean all".
Can't help you with windows.

I am getting almost identical hashes as an erupter cube at a fraction of the power.

edit: I seem to remember getting those errors myself when I pulled that latest version from GIT.  Try getting 4.3.3

Using your recommendations I was finally able to compile in Ubuntu successfully. The problem now is No USB Devices Detected! Waiting for Hotplug! Any suggestions?
legendary
4.3.4 is definitely not compatible with Rockminer's 4.3.3 customizations. If building yourself, you'll need to grab the 4.3.3 source as fractal mentioned. You can checkout 4.3.3 from git, but it's easier to grab the zipped up source from con. If you want to build on Windows, you need to install MinGW and dependent libraries. The easiest method on Windows is to just use the installer I created.

Your Windows driver errors could possibly be a permissions issue. Or you are selecting another device maybe? Ensure that you are administrator and disable UAC if all else fails. If you still get an error, see if you can find the Zadig logs.

Here's a little background on Zadig if you're curious. Zadig generates a driver inf, catalog and certificate on the fly. It then signs the catalog and installs the certificate to trusted root. This is why it requires admin access. The inf and catalog are written to a local directory before installing, so you can grab them and reinstall the drivers through device manager manually if it still doesn't work. You may get some better info there.
Activity: 192

2) Replace cgminer.c, driver-Icarus.c and miner.h with files from this location:

Can't get Windows instructions to work...can't get Linux instructions to work...not getting much mining out of the three devices I purchased at this point :-(

Can't help you with windows.

I am getting almost identical hashes as an erupter cube at a fraction of the power.

3) Run zadig_xp_2.1.0.exe from the cgminer-win0.3.1 directory
4) Select your device in the top drop down (CP2102 USB to UART Bridge Controller) and select WinUSB in the bottom drop down
5) Click "Install WCID Driver"

all I get is a dialog that states "Driver Installation Failed"

I have tried running zadig_xp_2.10 and zadig_2.1.0 (I am running Windows 7)
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!
Awesome, thanks for the info! Just curious, are you powering these with standalone 12V power supplies (like the 60W models CrazyGuy linked to in the first post) or off a standard ATX power supply? I'm curious because it doesn't seem like your hash rates are quite as high as advertised, and I'm wondering if power may be an issue Undecided. Either way, 33Gh/s at ~50W is pretty solid.

Powering my R-Box via std. ATX psu using my ATX breakout board I recently picked up. Not all chips are equal when flying off the assembly line...some may hash faster than others and vice-verse.

Cool, I was just curious. I've been looking into getting a breakout board. Which one are you using? Sorry you didn't win the chip lottery, but it seems like you're still getting pretty decent performance. I'll keep my fingers crossed but my expectations low  Smiley.

I have this one...
http://www.blackarrowsoftware.com/store/atx-to-dc-power-adapter.html
Bought it off the forums here Cheesy

I am happy with anything I buy so long as it works as intended, hehe
Activity: 88
Merit: 10
Awesome, thanks for the info! Just curious, are you powering these with standalone 12V power supplies (like the 60W models CrazyGuy linked to in the first post) or off a standard ATX power supply? I'm curious because it doesn't seem like your hash rates are quite as high as advertised, and I'm wondering if power may be an issue Undecided. Either way, 33Gh/s at ~50W is pretty solid.

Powering my R-Box via std. ATX psu using my ATX breakout board I recently picked up. Not all chips are equal when flying off the assembly line...some may hash faster than others and vice-verse.

Cool, I was just curious. I've been looking into getting a breakout board. Which one are you using? Sorry you didn't win the chip lottery, but it seems like you're still getting pretty decent performance. I'll keep my fingers crossed but my expectations low  Smiley.
3D Printed!
Well I am still playing with different frequencies..nothing major to report back on those yet (I am giving each freq change 12-24 test).

I did notice if you have a "cgminer.config" AND a "cg.cmd" file...ONLY changes made in the "cgminer.config" file will be reflected.
Without the "cgminer.config" changes made within "cg.cmd" will be reflected.

Currently running... --anu-freq 287 and pushing 33 Gh/s

Tested for 12-24h...
                          --anu-freq 270 (30 Gh/s avg)

Tested for LESS than 30 min...
                        --anu-freq 290 (32-33 Gh/s)
                        --anu-freq 295 (about same as 290 but more HWE)
                        --anu-freq 300 would NOT start mining

Well I am still playing with different frequencies..nothing major to report back on those yet (I am giving each freq change 12-24 test).

I did notice if you have a "cgminer.config" AND a "cg.cmd" file...ONLY changes made in the "cgminer.config" file will be reflected.

Tested for 12-24h...

3D Printed!
Price Update!

There is definitely something wrong with Rockminer's Windows build of cgminer 4.3.3 that was preventing any frequency other than 270. I've released a new installation package that fixes the issue and it is available in the second post. This is just a barebones rockminer customized build of cgminer 4.3.3 that I've built on my system. I've only enabled icarus support so if you are looking to GPU mine, you'll need the official build or your own build. If you've installed v1.0.0.0 of the installation package, please uninstall before installing v1.0.1.0.

https://mega.co.nz/#fm/l8dWTbCY

Package is also available under Additional Information on the R-Box listing @ ASICPuppy.net

Sweet, I will report back my findings and thanks much yo!

Works great now, thanks! I will post up some small details soon that should/might help others while setting/tuning these units.

That would me much appreciated. I'm really looking forward to picking up a few of these.

Tested for 12-24h...

Price Update!

There is definitely something wrong with Rockminer's Windows build of cgminer 4.3.3 that was preventing any frequency other than 270. I've released a new installation package that fixes the issue and it is available in the second post. This is just a barebones rockminer customized build of cgminer 4.3.3 that I've built on my system. I've only enabled icarus support so if you are looking to GPU mine, you'll need the official build or your own build. If you've installed v1.0.0.0 of the installation package, please uninstall before installing v1.0.1.0.

Package is also available under Additional Information on the R-Box listing @ ASICPuppy.net

Works great now, thanks! I will post up some small details soon that should/might help others while setting/tuning these units.

That would me much appreciated. I'm really looking forward to picking up a few of these.
3D Printed!
Price Update!

3D Printed!
Price Update!

legendary
Price Update!

3D Printed!
I've got an even easier solution for you. Run the installer package from my second post. I have a dialog with a drop down for frequency. Cgminer is installed and configured for you and a shortcut created on the desktop and in the start menu.

Yes, I used that for initial install...so I should re-run the install every time I want to change Frequency?

Sorry, didn't realize that. No, the default install dir is under program files\cgminer. Edit cg.cmd and modify the last string. Rockminer does not recommend going over 290.

Word and thanks mate! I am really digging my R-Box so far. Sweet little unit with huge potential

That did not work. I changed the setting from 270 up to 290 and restarted cgminer but it still only reports 270 Freq in cgminer
Tried changing to another value and also right-click and run as admin on cg.cmd to no avail.

Any suggestions? Smiley

Just read https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX/blob/master/handbook.md but still nothing

It looks like I have the same thing on windows but not my beaglebone. It's probably an issue with rockminer's compile of cgminer for Windows. I'll look at it a bit more tonight.

Gotcha and thanks!
Pages:
Jump to: