Pages:
Author

Topic: ASICPuppy.net - Terminus, Moonlander 2, 2pacs in Stock! BTC,LTC,ETH,BCH - page 32. (Read 105180 times)

legendary
Activity: 4116
Merit: 7849
'The right to privacy matters'
some got the joke cool

more photos coming up

boxes are nice with a lot of foam on top

and plenty of foam on the bottom

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
3D Printed!
legendary
all is well more photos

I think with  just 2  pieces  inside the box it slide away from the crushing blow it got

inside boxes all good  along with 2 usb cords and 2 dc power cords.

I figured I would not use the include power cords but I needed them.
as the grid seed already made pcie adapters do not fit.

I did not want to muscle fit it since I was not quite sure if the blow to the box had done any damage
legendary
Activity: 1973
Merit: 1007
Wow, they crunched that up good! Looks like someone used it as a stool.

Let me know if they damaged anything and I'll cover it.
Activity: 504
Merit: 500
okay photos lots of them

bad start post office crushed the box

oh no....
Sad
legendary
okay photos lots of them

bad start post office crushed the box

Activity: 504
Merit: 500
easiest miner ive ever set up.....
3D Printed!

Can you post a screenshot of when you receive the error? Try manually installing the driver inf that zadig creates.

OK...I seem to have it working

the instructions call for selecting "Install WCID driver" from the drop down

when I instead just select "Reinstall driver" it installs the "WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) driver and cgminer first starts with "no devices detected" but then starts hashing

Now if I can just get the Raspberry Pi to work as I really don't want to use the Windows PC to run these things long term

That's the problem, you need to just hit "Install Driver" or "Re-Install" driver. I've updated the guide.
It   Came today stuck here at the no devices detected point.

Windows? If so, no devices detected by Zadig or cgminer?

zadig did its job cgminer was not finding them works now.  not quite sure why.  but here is the good news using freq 270 I am getting about 65GH for 2 and watts bounce between 68 and 71 .

why am I getting such good watts. simple hi end psu and pcie adapters.  I have a sea sonic 1200 watt platinum  . 

I have 4 grid seed blades two of these r-box units . a grid seed five chip unit and a dozen nano ice red fury sticks.

I am running your cgminer. for the 2  r-box

I am running  cpuminer for the grid seeds.

I am running bfg miner for the ice fury, nano fury, red fury sticks.

Quiet gear really quiet gear these r-box.

and 35 watts for 32 gh at freq 270 with a platinum psu

already my mind is saying these should have been 70GH units not 35 gh . 
 I heard an x box on you tube it is pretty loud.

have to say these are pretty nice.  boy would I like something bigger then this and smaller then the x-box.

I have a lot of photos.  I need to see if my power numbers are correct 32gh at 35 watts is good.

Oh one complaint the plug does not allow for grid seed power cords.    I find that annoying on rock miners part.    one piece of advice the bricks are not good compared to a real psu. so use a real psu.

and to rock miner you should have made the jacks match  grid seed gear.

You should check out www.MultiMinerapp.com yo...one mining software for ALL your gear (or most anyway), soon there will be support for the R-Box units too! (BFGMiner)
legendary
That's interesting, the jacks are 2.5mm and gridseed is 2.1mm, but bobsag mentioned being able to jam them on there anyways. At least with the 3 way pci-e to barrel jacks. I have a promo announcement later today concerning powering of the R-BOX unit.
legendary

Can you post a screenshot of when you receive the error? Try manually installing the driver inf that zadig creates.

when I instead just select "Reinstall driver" it installs the "WinUSB (v6.1.7600.16385) driver and cgminer first starts with "no devices detected" but then starts hashing

Now if I can just get the Raspberry Pi to work as I really don't want to use the Windows PC to run these things long term

That's the problem, you need to just hit "Install Driver" or "Re-Install" driver. I've updated the guide.

zadig did its job cgminer was not finding them works now.  not quite sure why.  but here is the good news using freq 270 I am getting about 65GH for 2 and watts bounce between 68 and 71 .

why am I getting such good watts. simple hi end psu and pcie adapters.  I have a sea sonic 1200 watt platinum  . 

I have 4 grid seed blades two of these r-box units . a grid seed five chip unit and a dozen nano ice red fury sticks.

I am running your cgminer. for the 2  r-box

I am running  cpuminer for the grid seeds.

I am running bfg miner for the ice fury, nano fury, red fury sticks.

Quiet gear really quiet gear these r-box.

and 35 watts for 32 gh at freq 270 with a platinum psu

already my mind is saying these should have been 70GH units not 35 gh . 
 I heard an x box on you tube it is pretty loud.

have to say these are pretty nice.  boy would I like something bigger then this and smaller then the x-box.

I have a lot of photos.  I need to see if my power numbers are correct 32gh at 35 watts is good.

Oh one complaint the plug does not allow for grid seed power cords.    I find that annoying on rock miners part.    one piece of advice the bricks are not good compared to a real psu. so use a real psu.

and to rock miner you should have made the jacks match  grid seed gear.
legendary

legendary

Activity: 3
Merit: 0
I think I actually did compile again after adding those files come to think of it.  I've made so many changes to my setup including swapping hard drives etc, and have been using mostly cgminer, and have had older versions installed, 32 bit version of Xubuntu and 64 bit version.  Hard to keep track of all the changes I've made, but now I've only got 2 PCs running, one with the R-boxes, some nanofury yellowjackets, and a usb bi-fury using cgminer, and one machine with antminer u2's,a nanofury 2, and a bfl jalapeno using bfgminer.  Am trying to sell the blades I have on amazon since they don't hash enough to justify running them at 80-100 watts each for just 10 gigahashes.
legendary
I have Xubuntu running on all of my mining machines, and I wasn't able to get my r-boxes running immediately in linux, so I used the windows version of cgminer for a  few days until I had some time to try get it running on my linux machines.  I got it to work by building cgminer first, then copying the files from rockminerinc/cgminer.  First, I made sure to get the 4.3.3 version from http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/4.3/  Then open terminal in the cgminer 4.3.3 folder and type:

CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure

with options to include any other mining devices you will need.  Read the file called README and probably ASIC README as well.  There are no < or >, for the actual options usually it will be --option, for example one config including bitfury and icarus support would look like this:

CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure --enable-bitfury --enable-icarus

then type

make

then type

sudo make install

AFTER that, I replaced the files cgminer.c, driver-Icarus.c and miner.h with files from this location: https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX and it has been working great for me since.

After replacing the 3 files, don't forget to compile once more. You shouldn't have to compile twice, but I'm glad you got it working.
Activity: 3
I have Xubuntu running on all of my mining machines, and I wasn't able to get my r-boxes running immediately in linux, so I used the windows version of cgminer for a  few days until I had some time to try get it running on my linux machines.  I got it to work by building cgminer first, then copying the files from rockminerinc/cgminer.  First, I made sure to get the 4.3.3 version from http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/4.3/  Then open terminal in the cgminer 4.3.3 folder and type:

CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure

with options to include any other mining devices you will need.  Read the file called README and probably ASIC README as well.  There are no < or >, for the actual options usually it will be --option, for example one config including bitfury and icarus support would look like this:

CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure --enable-bitfury --enable-icarus

then type

make

then type

sudo make install

AFTER that, I replaced the files cgminer.c, driver-Icarus.c and miner.h with files from this location: https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX and it has been working great for me since.

When I fire up cgminer, I type in all of the extras that I want, since there's something wrong with it loading my config file.  So I type in:

./cgminer -o http://stratum.btcguild.com:3333 -u (username) -p x --icarus-options 115200:1:1 --anu-freq 280

This will set the frequency to 280, mine have been pretty stable at that frequency at a little over 33 gh on each - I think I could get a higher hash rate at 280 if I did some more organizing and cooling - my r-miners are all packed into a computer desktop case, could use some better airflow.
legendary

Activity: 13

1) Download cgminer 4.3.3 from git or other repository
2) Replace cgminer.c, driver-Icarus.c and miner.h with files from this location:
     - https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX

during make...multiple errors are generated from cgminer.c

cgminer.c:10166:5431: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<â token
cgminer.c:10166:5455: warning: multi-character character constant [-Wmultichar]
cgminer.c:10166:5465: warning: multi-character character constant [-Wmultichar]
cgminer.c:10166:5431: error: stray â#â in program

Can't get Windows instructions to work...can't get Linux instructions to work...not getting much mining out of the three devices I purchased at this point :-(
You found 4.3.3 in git?  I couldn't find it there.  I downloaded a tarball from http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/4.3/

As I recall, I expanded the archive, did a ./configure --enable-icarus and THEN copied the R-BOX files over and did a "make clean all".
Can't help you with windows.

I am getting almost identical hashes as an erupter cube at a fraction of the power.

edit: I seem to remember getting those errors myself when I pulled that latest version from GIT.  Try getting 4.3.3

Using your recommendations I was finally able to compile in Ubuntu successfully. The problem now is No USB Devices Detected! Waiting for Hotplug! Any suggestions?
it is likely a permissions issue unless you copied the 01-cgminer.rules file to /etc/udev/rules.d and rebooted.  A simple way to check for permissions issues is to run cgminer as root.

Before updating to the latest Ubuntu I had tried running as root without success. After the update cgminer was able to detect when running the batch file. It would be nice to hear what versions of Ubuntu other users have had luck with. As nice as it is to be up and running I still would like to know what the hold up was since I just ordered 3 more units. 
3D Printed!
Well I am still playing with different frequencies..nothing major to report back on those yet (I am giving each freq change 12-24 test).

I did notice if you have a "cgminer.config" AND a "cg.cmd" file...ONLY changes made in the "cgminer.config" file will be reflected.
Without the "cgminer.config" changes made within "cg.cmd" will be reflected.

Currently running... --anu-freq 287 and pushing 33 Gh/s

Tested for 12-24h...
                          --anu-freq 270 (30 Gh/s avg)

Tested for LESS than 30 min...
                        --anu-freq 290 (32-33 Gh/s)
                        --anu-freq 295 (about same as 290 but more HWE)
                        --anu-freq 300 would NOT start mining

So last night, I was installing a new PSU on my Ant farm and afterwards I checked my mining rig...the R-Box was only hashing @~15Gh/s with FREQ 287
I restarted CGMiner but that didn't help. I then changed the clock setting (down to 270, then back up to 275) in the cmd.exe file and restarted CGMiner. Back up to 32Gh/s.

Not sure what that was about but I will report back if it happens again.

I will be posting more FREQ findings later!
Activity: 192
Merit: 100

1) Download cgminer 4.3.3 from git or other repository
2) Replace cgminer.c, driver-Icarus.c and miner.h with files from this location:
     - https://github.com/rockminerinc/cgminer-for-R-BOX

during make...multiple errors are generated from cgminer.c

cgminer.c:10166:5431: error: expected identifier or â(â before â<â token
cgminer.c:10166:5455: warning: multi-character character constant [-Wmultichar]
cgminer.c:10166:5465: warning: multi-character character constant [-Wmultichar]
cgminer.c:10166:5431: error: stray â#â in program

Can't get Windows instructions to work...can't get Linux instructions to work...not getting much mining out of the three devices I purchased at this point :-(
You found 4.3.3 in git?  I couldn't find it there.  I downloaded a tarball from http://ck.kolivas.org/apps/cgminer/4.3/

As I recall, I expanded the archive, did a ./configure --enable-icarus and THEN copied the R-BOX files over and did a "make clean all".
Can't help you with windows.

I am getting almost identical hashes as an erupter cube at a fraction of the power.

edit: I seem to remember getting those errors myself when I pulled that latest version from GIT.  Try getting 4.3.3

Using your recommendations I was finally able to compile in Ubuntu successfully. The problem now is No USB Devices Detected! Waiting for Hotplug! Any suggestions?
it is likely a permissions issue unless you copied the 01-cgminer.rules file to /etc/udev/rules.d and rebooted.  A simple way to check for permissions issues is to run cgminer as root.
Activity: 13
Finally gave up at 3 am trying to get this paper weight running on Ubuntu, 15 hours of compiling cgminer.  Huh Glad I didn't order more than one. I had a sneaking feeling this unit was going to be trouble.  My cgminer recognizes the bridge adapter when I enter the command " ./cgminer -n " but no devices are recognized when I run cgminer outright.

update: And now it is working? I wish I knew how it was fixed. I upgraded to Ubuntu 14 trusty before going to bed, maybe the newer kernel has the driver for this thing.
Pages:
Jump to: