Author

Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners - page 632. (Read 700866 times)

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 1069
how about new algo, like x11evo, that was really profitable at the beginning, i think we need a way to add algo more easily without waiting for a new version each time

legendary
Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084
Question can awesome miner show what I'm doing on the pool not the adjustment speeds i mean BFG show three speeds

388.1/415.5/180.4Mh/   awesome is showing my AvG speed as 388 MH when it's actually 180 MH if that make sense is there a setting or  some thing i need to adjust with Awesome to show the AvG speed I'm doing on the pool ? . i think I'm asking right . this is for my Alchemist 256 Scrypt miner i do scrypt, sha256 and Eth mining.
If you are using scrypt miners that run Cgminer/Bfgminer and similar, you will see that Awesome Miner give you more detailed statistics and also access to operations like changing pools, setting pool priority and so on.

When you connect to the Ethereum miner you will not get as much information and features, as this isn't yet supported in the Claymore's miner. One example is the average speed that isn't available from Claymore's miner, and for that reason, Awesome Miner has no other option than showing the current hashrate as the average as well.

I will of course work on improving this when more API features are provided by the mining software.

Thanks for all feedback and comments!
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
I finally got Claymore running on ubuntu 14 sense i don't like using windows any version to mine with because i use a lot of PI's any type. and SSH it''s a lot easier for me.  

Sense awesome now supports eth mining no windows miners for me my eth rig is ubuntu based and i can see it with awesome as a headless rig with no keyboards mouse or monitor needed .

Question can awesome miner show what I'm doing on the pool not the adjustment speeds i mean BFG show three speeds

388.1/415.5/180.4Mh/   awesome is showing my AvG speed as 388 MH when it's actually 180 MH if that make sense is there a setting or  some thing i need to adjust with Awesome to show the AvG speed I'm doing on the pool ? . i think I'm asking right . this is for my Alchemist 256 Scrypt miner i do scrypt, sha256 and Eth mining.

ty

cya

legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1001
Is this miner going to later support the mining software ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1 been as tho you are already supporting claymores. I do like the interphase of this. Any option or commands to hide miner in background instead of being in front.?
Right now the ethminer-genoil doesn't support provide any monitoring API's, making it difficult to do good monitoring. This is the reason why Claymore's Ethereum miner was implemented first. I will have to investigate this a bit more, so I don't have any final answer yet if there will be support for any additional Ethereum miners.

If there are many people interested in ethminer-genoil monitoring, you should probably try to push those developers to implement an API on their side to allow applications like Awesome Miner to connect and get information.

About hiding the miner window - I will make that option available in the next release. There is a temporary workaround for this already in the current release:
1) Open the properties of the Managed Miner.
2) Temporary change from Claymore's miner to Cgminer or Sgminer.
3) Now you will have access to the Advanced section in the list to the left.
4) You will find the setting "Console window mode" that you can set to "Hide window"
5) Now go back and change to Claymore's miner again, and apply the settings.

In the next release I will move the setting for "Console window mode" from the Advanced section (where the settings are mainly intended for Cgminer/Sgminer) to the Environment section instead. Then you don't have to perform all the steps above.

Maybe to also have option for custom miner and that way just monitors shares etc speeds and pool and can add in API of pool if supporting that way.
legendary
Is this miner going to later support the mining software ethminer-0.9.41-genoil-1.1 been as tho you are already supporting claymores. I do like the interphase of this. Any option or commands to hide miner in background instead of being in front.?
Right now the ethminer-genoil doesn't support provide any monitoring API's, making it difficult to do good monitoring. This is the reason why Claymore's Ethereum miner was implemented first. I will have to investigate this a bit more, so I don't have any final answer yet if there will be support for any additional Ethereum miners.

If there are many people interested in ethminer-genoil monitoring, you should probably try to push those developers to implement an API on their side to allow applications like Awesome Miner to connect and get information.

About hiding the miner window - I will make that option available in the next release. There is a temporary workaround for this already in the current release:
1) Open the properties of the Managed Miner.
2) Temporary change from Claymore's miner to Cgminer or Sgminer.
3) Now you will have access to the Advanced section in the list to the left.
4) You will find the setting "Console window mode" that you can set to "Hide window"
5) Now go back and change to Claymore's miner again, and apply the settings.

In the next release I will move the setting for "Console window mode" from the Advanced section (where the settings are mainly intended for Cgminer/Sgminer) to the Environment section instead. Then you don't have to perform all the steps above.
legendary
Activity: 1820
legendary
Activity: 938
legendary
Awesome Miner v1.6 is now available for download.

New features:
- Support for Claymore's Dual Ethereum + Decred Miner v4.5, both for Managed and External miner mode
- Updated to use CcMiner 1.5.80 SP-mod for nVidia CUDA mining, both for Managed and External miner mode
- Updated to use Sgminer 5.4
- New algorithms and coins, including Ethereum and Decred

This release has support for the API's provided by CcMiner SP-mod and Claymore's Dual Miner. This makes it possible to use the External Miner feature to connect to any running miners, no matter if they run Windows or Linux. The API's for these miners are still limited, but works well for typical monitoring.

There is a guide for Ethereum mining with Awesome Miner on the web site:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/guide/ethereum.aspx

A final screenshot of the Ethereum mining:
legendary
legendary
I've investigated the Ethereum mining a bit more and the first support will be for Claymore's Ethereum miner. It's the only miner that actually provides an API (although very limited) and it's also quite popular. I might add support for other Ethereum miners later on.

I'm attaching a preview of what Awesome Miner looks like with monitoring of Ethereum mining:

Limited? Yes, but if the miner API is getting improved I can improve the support in Awesome Miner as well.
legendary
I hope this doesn't die like CGWatcher and CGRemote  did that could have ruled ...  it was the exact same thing as this but had more planned features which never got done with a different  gui then died .
Awesome Miner is here to stay - no need to worry about that. Ethereum is the only major feature that hasn't been implemented yet, and the reason is lack of good integration possibilities (lack of good API's). But I'm investigating that right now, as the interest for Ethereum is increasing.

Please let me know if there are any other feature or improvements you would like to see in Awesome Miner.

Does Minera support feature rich monitoring of Ethereum mining?

I think this one is simply parsning the log output of the miner, as there are no API available. It's possible to get at least some information that way.

So the question is basically if Claymore Dual Ethereum miner or the classic EthMiner should be the one supported for Awesome Miner.
legendary
Claymore already has a remote viewer for his miner.  There does seem to be adequate API support.  Since I have been mining eth exclusively for the past 8 months I haven't used my Awesome Miner.  I really miss it.
I hade a look at the Claymore Dual Ethereum miner, and yes, there is an API, but it's very very limited. It can basically report hash rate, accepted/rejected shares and GPU temp. I will have to compare this to other options.
legendary
ethminer.exe doesn't work with awesome miners yet ?
Ethminer is something I'm looking into, but there are no software with good API yet and also some different mods of ethminer. Any specific version you prefer?

all of them but the dual miner one i won't use it hate being forced to pay a fee the way he does it i Am willing to pay to unlock it but he won't for the dual miner for eth and dcr  and there is like 3 with good gui reports give me a second or 2 ill post links .

https://github.com/sammy007/ether-proxy/releases

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/windows-mining-monitoring-tool-v2-beta-open-beta-1448855

These two  are the two i use the most but sadly one is a bear to set up on other pools but what it says it works on but it does work on other pools after a lot of tries and mistakes.

one other i can't find atm but it would be great to have one that works with any eth miner or pool like this does with bfg and cg and a few more sense ETH may just be here to stay as BTC other sub coin  along with LTC and all others will still come and go and just be there to make btc as alt coins the way it looks for Script coin type miners and there must be some kind of profit in it if Innosilicon is coming out with the A4 .

I'm gonna upgrade one last time with awesome miner in about a month i may need it .
legendary
I hope this doesn't die like CGWatcher and CGRemote  did that could have ruled ...  it was the exact same thing as this but had more planned features which never got done with a different  gui then died .

in time

Minera may even do it all https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/minera-v090-your-next-mining-dashboard-s9l3d3cpuminercgminerbfgminer-596620

Mich keeps it updated but having a choice  is all ways good.

legendary
Hi All,

I have been using Awesome miner for a year now, monitorring 100+ miners over vpn on Iceland.
It works flawless on all Bitmain machines, but Spondoolies needs some ssh mod to make them work, but after the modification even those 35 spondoolies works, but only down side is that they do not support remote reboot or pool change.
I use the software everyday and keep the miners running without loosing too much hash time, since the program tells me is a miner drops in hash rate or dosent supply shares for a longer period.
This is by far the best monitor software I have ever used.
Keep up the good work and lets hope for some updates in the Pro Version.
Hi,
Is the SSH modification you need to do because the API on the device needs to be enabled? I wonder if it's a security "feature" from Spondoolies to not support remote pool changes.

Many thanks for your feedback!

For the spondoolies miners, you need to enable API support through ssh, but after this MOD, you still only see the miners, but cant do any operation with them through Awesome miner and thats a shame. Would be so much easyer to make reboots, pool change and so on through Awesome .
Activity: 935
I don't always drink...
Ethminer is something I'm looking into, but there are no software with good API yet and also some different mods of ethminer. Any specific version you prefer?

Claymore already has a remote viewer for his miner.  There does seem to be adequate API support.  Since I have been mining eth exclusively for the past 8 months I haven't used my Awesome Miner.  I really miss it.
legendary
Hi All,

I have been using Awesome miner for a year now, monitorring 100+ miners over vpn on Iceland.
It works flawless on all Bitmain machines, but Spondoolies needs some ssh mod to make them work, but after the modification even those 35 spondoolies works, but only down side is that they do not support remote reboot or pool change.
I use the software everyday and keep the miners running without loosing too much hash time, since the program tells me is a miner drops in hash rate or dosent supply shares for a longer period.
Hi,
Is the SSH modification you need to do because the API on the device needs to be enabled? I wonder if it's a security "feature" from Spondoolies to not support remote pool changes.

Many thanks for your feedback!
legendary
gui suck ass even theres no uptime or any critical infomation shown atm
Awesome Miner is almost always getting good feedback for the easy and powerful UI and features. Please let me know if there any specific areas that needs improvements. Uptime is being display on the Summary tab, so it's basically the first thing you see when you click on a miner. It will say "Running: 4 hours, 23 minutes" for example.
legendary
legendary
Hi All,

Jump to: