Author

Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners - page 638. (Read 700570 times)

legendary
Activity: 3262
Merit: 1080
Hi,
I just verified that the load balance parameter do work. Go to the Properties of a miner in the Options dialog in Awesome Miner, select the "Command line" section, and then enter the following in the field for parameters to mining software:
--load-balance

If you have two pools with Quota 1 for both, you will get 50% mining on each. If you assign a higher Quota value to a pool, it will get a larger share of mining.
legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1011
do you add --load-balance in the PARAMS line inside the miner??
legendary
Can someone please explain how to get the quota to work.  I have two pools for my miners.  I first set the quota to 50 on each thinking it'd mine each of them 50% of the time.  Nothing happened after 24hrs so I started researching and most sites said cgminer and bfgminer used numbers between 0-9 to set the quota. Setting 1 and 9 would be 10% and 90% so I tried that as well. After 24hrs still mining the same pool.  Could someone please shed some light on how I can make my miners switch pools  on a given percentage or time using Awesome Miner.
Can you try to add the the following command line parameter to your miner?
--load-balance
I think that will enable the quota-feature.
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
Can someone please explain how to get the quota to work.  I have two pools for my miners.  I first set the quota to 50 on each thinking it'd mine each of them 50% of the time.  Nothing happened after 24hrs so I started researching and most sites said cgminer and bfgminer used numbers between 0-9 to set the quota. Setting 1 and 9 would be 10% and 90% so I tried that as well. After 24hrs still mining the same pool.  Could someone please shed some light on how I can make my miners switch pools  on a given percentage or time using Awesome Miner.

Thanks
legendary
Does this software have the ability to schedule mining based on times? As in, running miners only at nights and weekends when the computers are not in use?
Yes, you can use the Rules in Awesome Miner to define all this. The Rules can be defined in the Options dialog and uses the concepts of Triggers and Actions. You can define Triggers that trigger a specific time and/or day. You can also define Actions that will be performed when the rule is triggered, for example to start or stop mining.

Also, is Cryptonite planned as a future upgrade?
Is it the Claymore miner? I don't think that one provides any API, so the amount of information displayed in Awesome Miner would be very limited and only based on the parsed console output.
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1010
HALO Coin Project Lead - Mod @ r/PaintingTheTape
Does this software have the ability to schedule mining based on times? As in, running miners only at nights and weekends when the computers are not in use?

If not, would running a local script on the computer that both schedules the miner to launch when the computer is idle (for let's say 30 minutes) and then kill the ccminer process when the computer is used/mouse moved/etc?   I have this currently running on systems to mine using ccminer when not in use. Would this software have issues with the miner being launched and killed on the local system?

Also, is Cryptonite planned as a future upgrade?

Strato
legendary
i see, does it already come pre configured for these pools
also i see waffle pool is there, but its my understanding wafflepools API doesnt show CURRENT/LIVE Profitaiblity
You can read more about the Awesome Profit Switching feature and find pre-configuration for the pools on the web site. Just let me know if you have any questions.

You are correct about Wafflepool. Awesome Miner will show the statistics and profitability when you mine on Wafflepool, but it will not be part of the actual profitability switching because their statistics are based on 24h intervals.
Activity: 285
Merit: 250
i see, does it already come pre configured for these pools
also i see waffle pool is there, but its my understanding wafflepools API doesnt show CURRENT/LIVE Profitaiblity
legendary
how does this compare to 'MinerControl' or do they both pretty much do the same thing, similar payouts?
MinerControl is a basic tool that can stop and start miners on your local computer based on profitability of a few multi-pools.

Awesome Miner is much more powerful than that, and can do profit switching for pools on both local and multiple remote miners, without having to stop and start the miners. The profit switcher in Awesome Miner doesn't only support several auto switching multi-pools, but can also switch to mine specific coins if they are more profitable than the multi-pools. This makes it possible for Awesome Miner to always give the highest payouts.

By using Awesome Miner you can monitor and manage all your mining rigs from a single application, and see the hash rates, progress, current profitability and perform mining, pool and device operations. You can for example get desktop or e-mail notifications if there are any issues with the mining, and Awesome Miner will also automatically restart a miner that has crashed.

You can find more details about all the features in Awesome Miner on the Awesome Miner web site. It's much more than a tool for just starting and stopping a miner.
Activity: 285
how does this compare to 'MinerControl' or do they both pretty much do the same thing, similar payouts?
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
legendary
I have changed the API access on 2 of my S3 from restricted to privileged like posted here 2 pages back.
I thought it did not work, because i still see "restricted" in the summary.
Now i found that exactly these 2 where i tried show with the new update the clock and asic status, while the others dont.
On the other hand i still cant switch pools on them through awesome miner.
So are they now restriced or privileged? I must be missing something

Hi,

This sounds a bit strange - like Awesome Miner doesn't detect the privileged mode correctly in this case. Could please select the miner and click the "View details..." button, and then click "Generate API Report". Could you please send the report file to [email protected]?
Activity: 28
If I still mined, I would use this. Too bad I can't make any money anymore, the difficulty is too high these days Tongue

yeah, but i am still working on it, no pain, no gain.
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
I have changed the API access on 2 of my S3 from restricted to privileged like posted here 2 pages back.
I thought it did not work, because i still see "restricted" in the summary.
Now i found that exactly these 2 where i tried show with the new update the clock and asic status, while the others dont.
On the other hand i still cant switch pools on them through awesome miner.
So are they now restriced or privileged? I must be missing something
legendary
Hi, im new to this mining thing... does mining dogecoins thru sgminer shows ur real earnings on the cmd screen while it is running?
Appreciate feedbacks.. thank you.
Hi. In the Sgminer console window you can see some statistics about the mining, but not any profitability information. For that you need need to download Awesome Miner (see first post) and configure a pool to use.
legendary
I've made a correction for the BfgMiner problem reported by Axiste and a correction for the Antminer S3 specific statistics reported by ferncreekminer. The corrections will be included in next release that will be available later this week. Thanks for all input that helped me correct these issues!
Activity: 1
Hi, im new to this mining thing... does mining dogecoins thru sgminer shows ur real earnings on the cmd screen while it is running?
Appreciate feedbacks.. thank you.
Activity: 336
The Frequency & ASIIC is working fine for S1 but isn't working on for the S3, any chance you know what needs to be changed? Also
Can you select your S3 miner and click the "View Details..." button. Got to the API Console tab, type the command "stats", and send me the result ([email protected]). Thanks!

I have a BTC Garden, Antminer S1, & Antminer S3 miners each in a separate group.  Would it be possible have Progress field customization tied to the Group; that way each group could have a different customization?
That is currently not supported, but it was a good suggestion for future development.

s3 has bug on the stats output, invalid json if you lpok,in the cgminer thread i posted about it
legendary
The Frequency & ASIIC is working fine for S1 but isn't working on for the S3, any chance you know what needs to be changed? Also
Can you select your S3 miner and click the "View Details..." button. Got to the API Console tab, type the command "stats", and send me the result ([email protected]). Thanks!

I have a BTC Garden, Antminer S1, & Antminer S3 miners each in a separate group.  Would it be possible have Progress field customization tied to the Group; that way each group could have a different customization?
That is currently not supported, but it was a good suggestion for future development.
Activity: 25
patrike-
The Frequency & ASIIC is working fine for S1 but isn't working on for the S3, any chance you know what needs to be changed? Also I have a BTC Garden, Antminer S1, & Antminer S3 miners each in a separate group.  Would it be possible have Progress field customization tied to the Group; that way each group could have a different customization?

BTW if anyone would rather see Hardware Error Rate % instead of HW Error Count you can use the command below

"Error: " + Math.Round ((status.HwErrors / (status.HwErrors + status.DifficultyAccepted + status.DifficultyRejected) * 100), 2) + "%"

Jump to: