Pages:
Author

Topic: Bakkt is a new hope? - page 11. (Read 25260 times)

legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1044
January 07, 2019, 03:16:16 PM
I find this article interesting - BAKKT: FUTURE PRODUCTS: Bakkt Foreshadows ‘Future Crypto Products’ In Dialogue; Bullish Hopium   

Bakkt aspires to be the foundation on which firms like BlackRock, State Street (SPDRS), Invesco, Vanguard, VanEck, and Deutsche Bank create Bitcoin and digital asset ETF’s. Collectively the aforementioned firms manage nearly $4T in ETF assets. FOUR TRILLION...

Take a look at some commentary directly from Bakkt’s CEO, Kelly Loeffler regarding where Bakkt is headed – and we will highlight specific phrases that point to significantly more than just Bitcoin futures:

“Our goal is to make digital assets more liquid, trusted and accessible; allowing meaningful innovation to follow. Many in our space are working toward this objective.”

“By virtue of passporting ICE Futures U.S. and ICE Clear U.S. into other jurisdictions outside the U.S., institutions operating on a global scale can better serve their customers. Bakkt’s first contracts will be physically delivered Bitcoin futures contracts versus fiat currencies, including USD, GBP and EUR.For example, buying one USD/BTC futures contract will result in daily delivery of one Bitcoin into the customer’s account. This aspect of physically delivery adds to the utility of Bitcoin, beyond simply trading.”

“While there are many aspects of Bakkt that we’ll continue to develop and share, our initial focus is supporting regulated institutions in serving customers in this emerging asset class. The foundation on which we are building our solutions for buying, selling, storing and spending digital assets is not a piece of Italian Carrera marble, like the statue of David, but is built upon the time-tested, regulated futures markets — which have advanced markets ranging from coffee to gold for hundreds of years.”

“Key to cryptocurrency’s success is a trusted market price. We are working to create a regulated for of price discovery, which could open the door for other products around crypto.”

https://abacusjournal.com/bakkt-future-products-bakkt-foreshadows-future-crypto-products-in-dialogue-bullish-hopium/
Activity: 373
Merit: 100
November 10, 2018, 07:03:13 PM
Hey guys, since bitcoin ETF is not still approved by SEC, Bakkt is the closest big event for crypto community. Do you think crypto market will pump?
Yes I do, as I have observed that every time there is news about crypto, the market react accordingly since most of us want it will be approved to the SEC then absolutely will pump whether it will be a huge or not depending on the people's reaction.
Activity: 714
Merit: 250
November 10, 2018, 06:46:53 PM
Hey guys, since bitcoin ETF is not still approved by SEC, Bakkt is the closest big event for crypto community. Do you think crypto market will pump?
Everybody here want that the ETF proposal will have a decision to determine whether it will give positively or vice versa to crypto market but for me whatever decision will come out, it will not affect give a big impact to crypto space because we already exist without it.
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1145
November 10, 2018, 06:33:32 PM
bitcoin is created without regulation, but can grow quickly and big. SEC and ETF is the way the Bitcoin community to become better and partner with the government. but if it's rejected, I think Bitcoin isn't a problem. bitcoin will continue to grow well. except the whole world forbids Bitcoin from circulating. it will be a different story for bitcoin. as long as the state does not prohibit. bitcoin will continue to grow very well.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
November 10, 2018, 06:31:29 PM
The Bakkt is more like some renewed optimism for a lot of people right now considering the fact that there's no certainty with the SEC approving any of the ETF applications anytime soon. Personally, I'm not expecting much
Activity: 448
Merit: 12
November 10, 2018, 06:27:28 PM
Bakkt is going to be launched next month on 12th December. It will allow institutional investors to take ownership
of cryptocurrency. Hopefully it could be a start of a new bull run.
Activity: 448
Merit: 4
November 10, 2018, 04:16:53 PM
I believe that this is a good reason for the growth of the cryptocurrency market. Bakkt is actually more important than ETF, so futures for delivery will be traded there. I hope this will give an impetus to growth.
Activity: 954
Merit: 104
ludenaprotocol.io
November 10, 2018, 04:12:40 PM
Bakkt, Fidelity, VanEck and SolidX ETFs are coming, news are so good, but market is still crashing. Big instutional investors want to buy for the cheapest possible price and thats why market is manipulated and crashing for 11 months. Thats the reason and we have to know it. Do not panic and hold your coins, everything will be good!
Activity: 560
Merit: 119
November 10, 2018, 04:03:28 PM
Bakkt will help wall street investors invest into cryptocurrencies, it will bring more money into cryptocurrencies, but is that good? Will be cryptocurrencies still for normal people?
Activity: 420
“The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem”
November 10, 2018, 03:55:41 PM
this launch will not affect the trend of the market, only time can change it.
Activity: 266
Merit: 4
November 10, 2018, 03:43:19 PM
I never quite caught up with the optimism around bitcoin ETF as I don't see it as a future price stability system. With the risk of manipulations and constant rejection and the whole idea of a centralized system where the sec holds sway, I do not think it is imperative for bitcoin adoption.

BAKKT I believe can be very influential on direct bitcoin adoption and would have a positive long-term impact on its value.
Activity: 532
November 10, 2018, 03:39:42 PM
im sure that the market will nor be pumped. I think before Bakkt we will touch 5800 and then may be we will go to 7500. But not pump
I think too many people will link dreams with Bakkt start. But I have some doubts about it. I personally don't wait any pumps from this event. I'l be glad to make mistake but if I will pessimist it can be simpler to trade on any cases
Activity: 1270
Merit: 254
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
November 10, 2018, 03:24:33 PM
im sure that the market will nor be pumped. I think before Bakkt we will touch 5800 and then may be we will go to 7500. But not pump
Activity: 840
Merit: 266
November 09, 2018, 10:10:59 PM
Bakkrt is indeed will have some impact but I don't think it will have the impact some people think it will. I think the news coming from China will have much more impact on Bitcoin in this upcoming days. Whether it is Bakkt or china news I started to believe more that the bull run will happen.
Activity: 294
(https://exip.live/)
November 09, 2018, 10:01:47 PM
For the time being I have not thought so, even though after the Bakkt launch occurred, it did not necessarily have a big impact on the price of bitcoin. So I don't need to hope fully in this matter. Thank you.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
November 09, 2018, 09:11:10 PM

I could be wrong but i think it will be better for crypto than and eft since they will apparently settle you in btc.
Activity: 154
November 09, 2018, 08:48:50 PM
no need to hope for this platform as a single chance to start growing. we will definitely start to grow so there’s no need to worry if this doesn’t happen this year
Activity: 1190
Merit: 253
November 09, 2018, 07:55:35 PM
This is really an interesting topic that we should be considering because it is a large institution and big company partners are involved in the Bakkt digital asset platform. This will also have a huge effect on how we use and handle our digital assets. I think if this is really good, it will really help us on our goal to spread the news about the goodness of Bitcoin to everyone.
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
November 09, 2018, 07:51:15 PM
BAkkt will allow institutional investors to take physical ownership of cryptocurrency, setting the offering aside from many current futures available on the market but I have a feeling that it will bring small pump but nothing will big happen until we see ETF from CBOE that can be approved in Feb i guess!!!!
Activity: 364
Merit: 10
November 09, 2018, 07:37:18 PM
It would have an impact to the crypto community for sure but only time will tell if it is going to be positive or negative. But i am bullish since it is almost year end and btc's price has not pump up yet which everybody is waiting for.
Pages:
Jump to: