Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 237. (Read 1210750 times)

Activity: 117
Merit: 100
If many feel strongly about "no rise", then my suggestion is strictly between the miner and the pool operator.  One can choose (or create) a pool that has a zero donation policy.
it might be more valuable for a pool to scale their donations based on the price of the coin. 5% sounds well enough based on how much it will support zoidberg at the current going rate, but silly if you consider the total supply. IF we want only to help him day to day.

but as you said, pools can pick their own donation %, so the miners will decide what proportion of which % is donated!
pt7
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I just want to say with windjc out and with your decision to turn down funding for whatever principles they wanted you to go against.  I applaud you.  If I can get some bbr's cheap enough I may Smiley  Regardless of the price - your decision reconfirmed legitimacy.  I hope we can figure out the funding.

Shall we change the project donation to 2-5% of the minted coins?
My vote is 5%.
I wonder if clintar's address donation format (YOURADDRESS#DONATIONADDRESS%PERCENT) can be expanded to include multiple donations
e.g., YOURADDRESS#DONATIONADDRESS1%PERCENT#DONATIONADDRESS2%PERCENT
Or will it hit the command line limit?
Aliases would be nice: e.g.,  @myalias#mbk%1#@devfund%4
This percentage would be in "addition to" the project percentage

No rise, I don't know why fund raising was canceled, I suggested the same to Monero a long time ago and I think its the way to go rather than rely on the will of a few unknowns investors (bbr case).
If many feel strongly about "no rise", then my suggestion is strictly between the miner and the pool operator.  One can choose (or create) a pool that has a zero donation policy.

No rise, I don't know why fund raising was canceled, I suggested the same to Monero a long time ago and I think its the way to go rather than rely on the will of a few unknowns investors (bbr case).

what kind of fundraising do you mean? for what purpose - helping zoidberg? advertising?
Activity: 336
Merit: 250
I wonder if clintar's address donation format (YOURADDRESS#DONATIONADDRESS%PERCENT) can be expanded to include multiple donations

Code:
$ getconf ARG_MAX
$ ulimit -s 32768
$ getconf ARG_MAX

(getconf in bytes, ulimit in kilobytes)
Windows users unfortunately have probably smaller limits.
pt7
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
I just want to say with windjc out and with your decision to turn down funding for whatever principles they wanted you to go against.  I applaud you.  If I can get some bbr's cheap enough I may Smiley  Regardless of the price - your decision reconfirmed legitimacy.  I hope we can figure out the funding.

My vote is 5%.
Aliases would be nice: e.g.,  @myalias#@mbk%1#@devfund%4
This percentage would be in "addition to" the project percentage
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
I'm disappoint he still with supernet.
why do you say that?

Just my opinion on nxt and stuff.

nxt != James
&
nxt != SuperNet

James do projects that run on nxt platform as i understand it.

btw: why you don't give a chances to SuperNet ?

Activity: 896
Merit: 1000

I'm disappoint he still with supernet.
why do you say that?
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070
he never said anything was shady about it. you admit you are reading between the lines. most likely the issue was they wanted cz to minimize bbr within the scope of the larger project and/or take too many liberties with cz's hard work. that is my "reading between the lines". i dont know much of windj but from what ive seen he is quite professional.

There may be purely technical reasons to not implement, or simply just to not implement it in SuperNet, yet.
One that would cause me to pause is that if SuperNet allows all the features of one coin to be used by another, does it also allow all the bugs to be exploited?
What is the mechanism that prevents the weakest link from breaking the chain (or mobile phone network or whichever analogy works for you)?

CZ may simply believe that BBR is more secure than at least one other in the SuperNet and wants to wait until it is more mature/secure.  It need not be rushed.  I respect CZ for keeping the reasons private in this matter.

The fundraiser had nothing to do with BBR intergration with Supernet. BBR and Supernet are still a "go."

+1000

The problem it seems to me, is we have a lot of people talking out of their asses, because they don't understand what SuperNet is and how it relates to the coins future or what it has to do with the fundraiser which is a completely separate from SuperNet. I think people need to spend some time educating themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the reasons CZ is so leery about making a commitment. I for one admit my ignorance. I'm not a programmer or coder, but I'm very intrigued and interested in this coin and the SuperNet Project. As to windjc, from what I've heard him say, has done nothing but gone out of his way to support this coin, and to do whatever is in his power for it to succeed. People are quick to jump to conclusions based of the simple fact that CZ disagreed with him. As far as I can see he is the only person that has anything constructive to offer. I think I'll take my own advice and spend some time reading up on SuperNet.

I've spent a lot more time reading up on SuperNet than that time has gained me in understanding how it works.  I do understand what it proposes to offer.

There is much written on what it hopes to achieve.  There are many new words created to describe it.  There are many analogies used.  What is missing is the rudely mechanical structures.  Going to have to look at code, the marketing spins my head too much.

I'm left with the sense that SuperNet has a LOT more to gain by incorporating anonymity than BBR has to gain from SuperNet, and the reasons for that are not particularly reassuring.  I just don't see a reason for CZ to rush this.

Wouldn't you start here? 

Also, I think a lot of crypto coders don't understand "C" very well, so right now even the code is a little out of their depth.

But I think its great if you look at the code.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
he never said anything was shady about it. you admit you are reading between the lines. most likely the issue was they wanted cz to minimize bbr within the scope of the larger project and/or take too many liberties with cz's hard work. that is my "reading between the lines". i dont know much of windj but from what ive seen he is quite professional.

There may be purely technical reasons to not implement, or simply just to not implement it in SuperNet, yet.
One that would cause me to pause is that if SuperNet allows all the features of one coin to be used by another, does it also allow all the bugs to be exploited?
What is the mechanism that prevents the weakest link from breaking the chain (or mobile phone network or whichever analogy works for you)?

CZ may simply believe that BBR is more secure than at least one other in the SuperNet and wants to wait until it is more mature/secure.  It need not be rushed.  I respect CZ for keeping the reasons private in this matter.

The fundraiser had nothing to do with BBR intergration with Supernet. BBR and Supernet are still a "go."

+1000

The problem it seems to me, is we have a lot of people talking out of their asses, because they don't understand what SuperNet is and how it relates to the coins future or what it has to do with the fundraiser which is a completely separate from SuperNet. I think people need to spend some time educating themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if that's one of the reasons CZ is so leery about making a commitment. I for one admit my ignorance. I'm not a programmer or coder, but I'm very intrigued and interested in this coin and the SuperNet Project. As to windjc, from what I've heard him say, has done nothing but gone out of his way to support this coin, and to do whatever is in his power for it to succeed. People are quick to jump to conclusions based of the simple fact that CZ disagreed with him. As far as I can see he is the only person that has anything constructive to offer. I think I'll take my own advice and spend some time reading up on SuperNet.

I've spent a lot more time reading up on SuperNet than that time has gained me in understanding how it works.  I do understand what it proposes to offer.

There is much written on what it hopes to achieve.  There are many new words created to describe it.  There are many analogies used.  What is missing is the rudely mechanical structures.  Going to have to look at code, the marketing spins my head too much.

I'm left with the sense that SuperNet has a LOT more to gain by incorporating anonymity than BBR has to gain from SuperNet, and the reasons for that are not particularly reassuring.  I just don't see a reason for CZ to rush this.
Activity: 690
Merit: 907
Yeah Romano from twitter
R WE MOON YET?!
Activity: 182

+1000

CZ is always surprising me, he is showing great integrity backing down from shady deals.

How do you know they are shady deals. Did CZ tell you that? Until you know the facts I wouldn't be making claims like that. If you don know the facts why don't you share them with the rest of us?
It would make sense if you guys came up with the tech and the hard work. You didn't. You paid cryptographers (gmaxwell ?) to vet the whitepaper, which is your only contribution to date.

First off that's wrong. There is a lot of hard work we've done, some of that is still in progress (database and GUI), some of it is deployed. There are several of our own "whitepapers" in addition to the review of the cryptonote whitepaper (also please don't assume by my silence that I'm agreeing or disagreeing with your speculation about who did the review, because I'm not).

Nevertheless, it doesn't have to make sense to you and what I'm suggesting is that when reality doesn't agree with what makes sense, reconsider your assumptions or model.

IMO a lot of attention is wasted by BBR supporters going after XMR with name calling and sig snipes, when in fact helping XMR would also help BBR because BBR would be pulled up behind XMR (and still be positioned to overtake if XMR stumbles). Both coins can easily improve greatly in terms of underlying technology, and also easily increase 100x in value. I think everyone would be happy with that.

+1000, if people learn what XMR is it just a matter of time before they see the value of BBR
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1031
SuperNET is NOT a coin. do you understand this?

Apparently he doesn't (nor do I, although I do understand teleport, after a lot of effort to do so) and this appears to be a common thread with your projects. Think about that. Just a bit of constructive criticism here. If it sounds like an attack it isn't meant that way at all.

I am looking to hire someone to explain things in proper form. Alas, it is not one of my skills.

I couldn't agree more, that's the problem with this coin. It not being marketed properly, I don't think most people have a clue to what SuperNet is. I'm a little sketchy about it myself. I'd be curious to know how it relates to NXT, is SuperNet part of the NXT network? Oh I heard a lot of flattering things about you on "Beyond Bitcoin" podcast fascinating stuff. Its got me really excited. I'd also be interested in how SuperNet is similar to Open Bazaar, and they competing platforms? How are they alike etc.

You and CZ need to find somebody that can communicate what this is all about in laymen's terms. A show like "Beyond Bitcoin" is a really good way to go. The Q&A format. I'd love to here you interviewed on a show like that.

Take a look at https://bitscan.com/articles/welcome-to-the-supernet
Short article rather than a whitepaper/ICO doc.
Does this explain more, and if not, what do you still need?
SuperNET is NOT a coin. do you understand this?

Apparently he doesn't (nor do I, although I do understand teleport, after a lot of effort to do so) and this appears to be a common thread with your projects. Think about that. Just a bit of constructive criticism here. If it sounds like an attack it isn't meant that way at all.

I am looking to hire someone to explain things in proper form. Alas, it is not one of my skills.

I couldn't agree more, that's the problem with this coin. It not being marketed properly, I don't think most people have a clue to what SuperNet is. I'm a little sketchy about it myself. I'd be curious to know how it relates to NXT, is SuperNet part of the NXT network? Oh I heard a lot of flattering things about you on "Beyond Bitcoin" podcast fascinating stuff. Its got me really excited. I'd also be interested in how SuperNet is similar to Open Bazaar, and they competing platforms? How are they alike etc.

You and CZ need to find somebody that can communicate what this is all about in laymen's terms. A show like "Beyond Bitcoin" is a really good way to go. The Q&A format. I'd love to here you interviewed on a show like that.
legendary
Activity: 826
amarha

CZ may simply believe that BBR is more secure than at least one other in the SuperNet and wants to wait until it is more mature/secure.  It need not be rushed.  I respect CZ for keeping the reasons private in this matter.

I don't think it will work in a way that any specific coin can be exploited to cause any sort of damage to other coins in the network. If something happened to one coin the only damage I would expect is maybe a sell off of that particular coin and the superNET asset itself. As normally happens when exploits are revealed.

I'm a big proponent of superNET doing everything it can to ensure security, including paying outside consultants to do code review and attempt different attacks in general. People like CZ and coinsolidation should be able assist in that regard too, which will be good. And James himself is constantly asking around for people to review his work. But it's not easy to find people interested in doing so for some reason though. Even now he publicly announced a 1000 BTCD($3-4k?) bounty for someone to deanonymize teleport. Not sure if anyone has even taken up the challenge yet despite what I would consider a very generous reward(especally this early in superNET's development).
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1070

legendary
Activity: 826
amarha

Bagholding till you die !

I don't hold any bags, sorry.

edit: is this the general reaction in the BBR community to superNET though? Do people not understand it? I'm a little surprised tbh.

If nobody understands it but james, maybe there is a problem with james?

Do you even understand it yourself? Because at no point you explained it. Your last post about supernet is just words and words that goes nowhere. So once again : there is no technology behind supernet. all this talk about technology and teleport (people are being nice to james when they say they dont understand it, they are just too polite to qualify it as a sham) are just here to hide its true purpose: supernet is just a mega fund that aggregates the value of any coin that it lists. There is no value for anyone using it since you pay a fee to james; and you miss most of the rise in value of the newly listed coins since it happens before the supernet listing. Basically, it is a paying pump and dump group where james is the only one with insider information.

At best, snake oil. At worse, scam.

My post wasn't an attempt to explain what superNET is intended to be from user's perspective. If people want me to explain what it is intended to be from a users perspective I can do that. I can't explain it from a technical perspective though and I've never claimed that I could. I have a general idea of some of the technologies that are going to be involved, some of which are already developed and working.

AnonyMint understood Teleport after James explained it to him.

SuperNET is not just a mega fund of any coin it lists and if you're thinking about it that way you're totally wrong. SuperNET as an investment is closer to an open source company that is attempting to generate revenue that's payed back in dividends to shareholders.

What fee are you referring to? There's currently only 1% of the fund allocated for operating expenses right now.

I've yet to see someone criticize superNET on a conceptual level after actually researching what it's about. Ever criticism I've come across on this forum has been based totally on peoples assumptions of what they think it is, not what it actually is.
Source?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8986268

The part below the line.

I hope that no one took my comment as me trying to imply anything other than he eventually came to an understanding of what the technology is attempting to accomplish. He makes his neutrality clear in his post. But what I gathered from reading through that thread is that a couple of days before that comment he was posting that he wished to learn about teleport as a favour to jl777. And as he said there, he was able to offer two specific improvement suggestions for teleport which is a pretty good outcome and I'm sure James greatly appreciates him taking the time to figure it out with him.
legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Announce: DarkNote XDN devs are officially working on DarkNote XDN <-> SuperNET integration, to improve both!
We are in active collaboration with @jl777 about that stuff.

So we're sure that BBR is still planned for supernet?

Ignore this. jl777 specifically made a point of saying that he would make such announcements to prevent pumps from coins that weren't involved. Otherwise any coin could make that claim regardless of whether it was true.
So I'm rather suspicious, I'm afraid, and wouldn't base any trading decisions on it.

I'm rather suspicious of DarkNote anyway, but I actually just bought some over the last few days mostly as a second hedge against Monero primarily because they weren't involved in SuperNet O_o

Jump to: