Author

Topic: [BBR] Boolberry: Privacy and Security - Guaranteed Since 2014 - page 328. (Read 1210752 times)

Activity: 212
Merit: 100
If you guys noticed that the pool hashrate goes down and down as time goes by
I wonna know why it is happened
My hashrate in pool and the whole pool hashrate goes down at the same rate
There is definitely a memory leak that's causing the pool to go slower over time. I'm restarting it every once in a while, but probably not often enough. I need to figure out where the leak is.

Edit: it was definitely NOT a memory leak. It was a pool setting "blockRefreshInterval" I had set to 100. That was updating blocks WAAYY too often, and it was making way too many connections to the daemon.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
net hashrate is always postively related to profit Wink
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
the syncing speed is so fast,great!
Activity: 253
Merit: 250
Let's Boolberry
Activity: 742
Merit: 501
Good news!

We have new build (v0.2.0.33(63f5db0)) with security fix, so i recommend to update it for everyone who cares about privacy.

http://boolberry.com/downloads.html

Details: Mixins could be partially or complete useless.
When you creating transaction with mixins you expect to have some unliknability degree for your transfer. But if you mixing with outputs that already spent - this won't make your transfer actually unlinkable. Original algo didn't track if transaction's output are spent or not, and when wallet was requesting outputs for mixins via API COMMAND_RPC_GET_RANDOM_OUTPUTS_FOR_AMOUNTS it was returning any outputs, including those that have been spent.
Now, starting from this build, implemented tracking for each outputs - if it was spent or not, and COMMAND_RPC_GET_RANDOM_OUTPUTS_FOR_AMOUNTS returns only unspent outputs for mixins.

Update strongly recommend for eveyone who like use mixins!

PS: Also minor changes added upon the requests:
* added to windows download section .zip archive with all files (in addition to the installer).
* added root directory "boolberry" in linux archive

Wow, quite a lot of changes in this one. Thanks for updating/fixing the linux build script too !

Again too bad, people have not discovered this great coin. zoidberg is showing good form with the development. There just seems to be so much FUD and hype about everything CryptoNote at the moment. Unfortunately there were deliberate attempts by certain bad actors/insecure investors to malign BBR and zoidberg specifically too and developments/updates are always downplayed by these same rogue posters.

Hopefully new guys are getting in via the cheap prices.

Activity: 672
Merit: 500
http://fuk.io - check it out!
is there GPU miner for pools yet?
Activity: 976
Merit: 646
Good news!

We have new build (v0.2.0.33(63f5db0)) with security fix, so i recommend to update it for everyone who cares about privacy.

http://boolberry.com/downloads.html

Details: Mixins could be partially or complete useless.
When you creating transaction with mixins you expect to have some unliknability degree for your transfer. But if you mixing with outputs that already spent - this won't make your transfer actually unlinkable. Original algo didn't track if transaction's output are spent or not, and when wallet was requesting outputs for mixins via API COMMAND_RPC_GET_RANDOM_OUTPUTS_FOR_AMOUNTS it was returning any outputs, including those that have been spent.
Now, starting from this build, implemented tracking for each outputs - if it was spent or not, and COMMAND_RPC_GET_RANDOM_OUTPUTS_FOR_AMOUNTS returns only unspent outputs for mixins.

Update strongly recommend for eveyone who like use mixins!

PS: Also minor changes added upon the requests:
* added to windows download section .zip archive with all files (in addition to the installer).
* added root directory "boolberry" in linux archive

Thank you once again ...I plugged new keyboard in and now I can open my wallet, I can't understand it but it's done the trick

Jon  Embarrassed

So the problem is solved ?

Yes my keyboard had few keys that tended to stick a bit.......changed keyboard and problem solved.....I'm getting a lot less spelling errors

I apologize for wasting your time and thank you for helping. I'll send a few Boolberrys

Jon  Embarrassed

No problem, and actually i had no idea what to do with that problem, so thanks god this was selfsolved Smiley
Activity: 529
Merit: 505
I'm on drugs, what's your excuse?

Thank you once again ...I plugged new keyboard in and now I can open my wallet, I can't understand it but it's done the trick

Jon  Embarrassed

Yes my keyboard had few keys that tended to stick a bit.......changed keyboard and problem solved.....I'm getting a lot less spelling errors

I apologize for wasting your time and thank you for helping. I'll send a few Boolberrys

Jon  Embarrassed

Jon  Embarrassed

Hi guys I have a problem opening my wallet.......I enter password and get invalid.....I know that I am using the correct password.

I hard copied to paper when I created wallet, and have opened wallet many times.....Capslock is not on, so its not that.

This seems strange as I can't see anyway I could have changed password, I have tried to open backup and get same result

Any Ideas ?

Jon

Hi John!
That is really strange. Does it possible that you use wrong wallet file ? or wallet from different altcoin (monero/bcn/xxx-cn-dumb-fork) ?
Another guess - if you have you password wrote on the paper, may be you miss register or '0' -> 'o'.
Anyway, it's a first time i see such issue. So if your password is really correct, you probably have damaged keys file.
Would you like to send me a log file from your wallet/GUI ?

Would you like me to post as a gist? if so which file do you need to check?

thank you for quick response

Jon

Send it to my email: [email protected]
What version are you using ? Windows/linux ? What build ? GUI or CLI ?

Software version: 0.2.0.31(5d85ebf)  Windows 7 Gui

What is the name of the file you need?

If you have GUI then find "qt-boolb.log" file in application folder (usualy "C:\Program Files\Boolberry\qt-boolb.exe" for windows)

You will see a successful wallet opening today.....I created a new wallet with blank password and reopened in my checking it out

Jon

Yeah, and i also see A LOT OF tries to open wallet with wrong password.... well, i'm sleepy now, i'll see into logs again tomorrow, can't promise that i will help you, especcially if password is really broken - but i'll try.

Jon  Embarrassed
Hi guys I have a problem opening my wallet.......I enter password and get invalid.....I know that I am using the correct password.

I hard copied to paper when I created wallet, and have opened wallet many times.....Capslock is not on, so its not that.

This seems strange as I can't see anyway I could have changed password, I have tried to open backup and get same result

Any Ideas ?

Jon

Hi John!
That is really strange. Does it possible that you use wrong wallet file ? or wallet from different altcoin (monero/bcn/xxx-cn-dumb-fork) ?
Another guess - if you have you password wrote on the paper, may be you miss register or '0' -> 'o'.
Anyway, it's a first time i see such issue. So if your password is really correct, you probably have damaged keys file.

Jon

If you have GUI then find "qt-boolb.log" file in application folder (usualy "C:\Program Files\Boolberry\qt-boolb.exe" for windows)

You will see a successful wallet opening today.....I created a new wallet with blank password and reopened in my checking it out

Jon

Yeah, and i also see A LOT OF tries to open wallet with wrong password.... well, i'm sleepy now, i'll see into logs again tomorrow, can't promise that i will help you, especcially if password is really broken - but i'll try.

Any Ideas ?

Jon

Hi John!

Jon

Software version: 0.2.0.31(5d85ebf)  Windows 7 Gui

Jon

P.S I just realized I'm not running latest release, I'm downloading now, sorry if this is the problem

Any Ideas ?

Jon

Hi John!

Jon

Any Ideas ?

Jon

Hi John!

Jon

Any Ideas ?

Jon

Hi John!

Jon

Any Ideas ?

Jon

Hi John!

Jon

Any Ideas ?

Jon

Hi John!

Any Ideas ?

Jon
Jump to: