Pages:
Author

Topic: Best competitors to Ethereum? - page 88. (Read 11173 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 16
Tru Reputation Network Pre-Sale: tru.ltd/tokensale
January 30, 2018, 03:30:15 PM
I think that the main token which should Eth holders a bit worried is EOS. if they do what they say they can then it might just destroy the dominance which Ethereum has in the smart contract platform.

I don't think EOS has that capability simply because to get to what they're proposing they've sacrificed a lot of decentralized consensus for centralised control- in the same way that Ripple is never going to seriously challenge Bitcoin. They'll co-exist for a time and one will be more dominant than the other, but it's not going to be a binary market solution of winner/loser.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
January 30, 2018, 03:26:50 PM
In my eyes NEO is currently the closest "competition" but things can turn around fast. NEO is backed by China government, using dBFT therefore it gets faster transaction per sec. In any case I believe at least for couple of years ETH will stay the king of smart contracts.
Activity: 280
Merit: 3
January 30, 2018, 03:15:11 PM
NEO or XLM could catch ETH too - they can be really good basement for ICOs and exchanges. 2018 is year of ICOs and whose platform will be the strongest we will see.
Activity: 9
January 30, 2018, 03:11:49 PM
I think that the main token which should Eth holders a bit worried is EOS. if they do what they say they can then it might just destroy the dominance which Ethereum has in the smart contract platform.
Could you briefly explain how they're better than Ethereum, which are the most important points?
Activity: 256
Merit: 102
January 30, 2018, 03:04:56 PM
Activity: 109
Merit: 5
hodl
January 30, 2018, 03:03:34 PM
Eos,
Cardano,
Qtum
Neo
ETC,
Lisk

Activity: 9
January 30, 2018, 03:01:33 PM
Which are the best competitors to Ethereum, and why do you think so?

(I know on top of my head that Cardano and IOTA try to challenge Ethereum,
although they still haven't proved much from my understanding?)
Pages:
Jump to: