Pages:
Author

Topic: Better investement right now, bitcoins or Altcoins. - page 35. (Read 26367 times)

Activity: 952
Merit: 250
If Bitcoin is bullish, better invest in altcoins. As Altcoins grows faster than BTC. Once you reached the top, sell your Altcoins to Bitcoins. The result is more Bitcoin. If Bitcoin is bearish. Better stay your Bitcoin as Bitcoin. Or sell your Bitcoin to USDT coin.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
If I planned on buying some coins today. Which would be the better long term investment, and why?
I think that you should diversify your portfolio between Bitcoin and altcoin. This diversification will reduce the market risks and help you earn high returns in the long run. Invest 50 percent in Bitcoin and the rest in altcoins like ethereum and monero.

Ethereum and Monero are both high market cap coins already aswell... I'd say go for 50% in BTC/ETH/XMR and the other 50% in smaller cap coins with good projects and good popular opinion/good dev team: OMG, Ark, Lisk, FUN - do your own research before making up your mind!
Activity: 704
Merit: 500
If I planned on buying some coins today. Which would be the better long term investment, and why?
I think that you should diversify your portfolio between Bitcoin and altcoin. This diversification will reduce the market risks and help you earn high returns in the long run. Invest 50 percent in Bitcoin and the rest in altcoins like ethereum and monero.
Activity: 70
Merit: 10
This is a fallacy, profit comes from the percentage increase in the coins value. A lower price coin doesn't make it any more likely to moon. A lower market cap coin has a higher chance to moon since it doesn't take as much capital inflow to move the price.
To answer op question I would diversify into both coins but what I hear you asking is what coin offers most value at today's price. Bitcoin has taken a huge jump recently and it may be due a correction whereas litecoin has been moving sideways and could break out soon.
Activity: 126
NEM price rose from around 6,000 satoshis up to 7,100 satoshis earlier today. To set up key resistance and support points, we will plot a Fib retracement between the low recorded on July 10, 2017 (4,752 satoshis) and the high recorded on August 3, 2017 (9,007 satoshis) (look at the below chart). Note that NEM price is currently testing the resistance around 7,382 satoshis (38.2% Fib retracement). If this resistance level is broken, we can see NEM rise towards the next resistance level around 8,003 satoshis. The bullish signals shown by both the William’s Alligator and MACD indicators, indicate that NEM price will likely breach this key resistance level. So you can try this one.
Activity: 260
Merit: 250
snack of all trades
I can't understand why is it necessary to choose one among this instruments. You can buy bitcoin and some prospective altcoins in one moment.
ya. people say don't put all eggs into one basket. but they still want invest into 1 coin to get huge profit
Activity: 672
I can't understand why is it necessary to choose one among this instruments. You can buy bitcoin and some prospective altcoins in one moment.
Activity: 896
Merit: 514
Both of them. Many people became rich because of the altcoins and bitcoins. Maybe in the near future I will become also rich person because of the bitcoins and altcoins.
I think as far as profit is concerned, both altcoin and Bitcoin are equally profitable. The only thing which matters is what you have in your mind like whether you are going for short term investment or long term investment. Based on that, you need to choose either of both.
Activity: 756
bitcoin invest is always better but alt coin is most profitable is you can select good coin. i suggest for eth invest. eth is perfect for long run and it price regularly increase. i think next year it price can be double. other you can buy waves and next. this coin have a good future.
You may be right, but I will slightly contradict to what all you have said. I think so that Bitcoin is more profitable both in short as well as long term investment. On the other hand, ETH too is profitable but you never know when the market of ETH will drop down to zero. You need to be very much careful before making a decision.
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
In my opinion if investor buy bitcoin with fiat now is not best option, but keep bitcoin is best option for long term. However some altcoin also worth to keep, but altcoin really need more time to hit higher price
Activity: 910
Merit: 502
Why don't you have both? When you have your skills and assets that can support your idea for you to have a better investment.
Now you are generalizing and your advise may sound confusing for anyone who may need it. Not altcoins are good for investment and anyone should sure research properly on the coin they are purchasing before even doing so at all. You should check bittrex or other exchange later and understand what some coins are just basically good for is pump and dump.
Activity: 518
If i noticed, investing in altcoins faster growth than bitcoin. Because volatility of altcoins in market is higher. That is, profit that maybe achieved even bigger.
Activity: 434
Merit: 263
I think it's different trading instruments. And you can invest in it simultaneously. I think, it can be useful sometimes to diversify your portfolio.
Activity: 8
Merit: 0

Both bitcoins and alt coins are good investments. No doubt on bitcoin because it is already established and keeps on goong strong. For the alt coins you have to choose and study first the one who has a big potential with a good project development.
Activity: 182
If I planned on buying some coins today. Which would be the better long-term investment, and why?

Bitcoin is the best long-term investment, its a proven store of value. Of course, you might not see the crazy returns but other assets atm are extremely speculative and have no proven themselves like bitcoin. Bitcoin is the one and only King of crypto.
Activity: 630
Merit: 251
It's bitcoins. Only a very small percentage of altcoins that does have a real project for the future and the rest are worthless.
You are absolutely right altcoin are many but only just few of them could be in competition with bitcoin. Mostly of them are worthless, even if they are not now, but surely after few years they would seized to death. Bitcoin are amazingly at increase rate in international market so better option for investments is bitcoin.
Activity: 840
Merit: 516
For me, Bitcoin is the better investment but we have to hold as long as the price increases. I think investing into other altcoin is also the best option because the price increases it will give you good profit in Bitcoins.
For me, investing into bitcoins is the only best option available for earning big money that too without damn hard work. If you are thinking about wasting your money into altcoins, I will give you a sincere piece of advice not to proceed in this direction since altcoins are always following the footprints of the bitcoins. They even don’t have their own market trends.
Activity: 406
Merit: 110
I'd say if you're going for long term holding and don't really want to look at daily charts and all that. Just go and buy bitcoin. For sure you can come back to it years from now and its value will definitely be higher than it is today. The way I see it, altcoin is the riskier way which involves more time and effort from you because in the end it may eventually pay off, well, better.
legendary
Activity: 3752
Merit: 1217
I'd chose Bitcoins over altcoin at any time of the day. Let me give you an example. If someone ask you to chose between an Apple iPhone and a Xiaomi Mi phone, which one you'll chose? I will chose the original over the counterfeit.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1024
These last few days, i am more active to have altcoin than btc. Because, i think altcoin conditions are currently quite cheap. So, if price has increased slightly, I've achieved a pretty good profit.
Who said you cannot use the same amount to purchase bitcoin too? Do you need to have 10BTC before you have bitcoins? Whatever you have now either bitcoin or altcoin will most definitely rise in value. However, bitcoin right now is still less risky to purchase to me as far as I am concerned than just any altcoin because of their low prices.

Altcoins are more like gambling except for the few ones with very good market cap anyway and most times, the few altcoins I have ETH, LTC, DASH most times always follow the same trend with bitcoin whenever there is a reduction or increase in the market.
Pages:
Jump to: