Pages:
Author

Topic: [BetterHash] - Easy mining GUI application for Windows - page 4. (Read 11571 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
Do you have phoenixminer for ETH ?
JCE miner for cryptonight (V7, heavy...) CPU mining ?
Activity: 109
Merit: 10
Hello everyone! BetterHash updated all XMR miners (CPU, GPU NVIDIA and GPU AMD) and they all support Cryptonight v7. All incompatible miners have been automatically replaced and we are now using XMRig.

The latest version has been pushed as an automatic update. In case you somehow missed the auto update - you can get BetterHash from the link below.

https://www.betterhash.net/

New update released today! On some AMD rigs the XMRig-amd miner was incorrectly started. The problem has been solved and the update is available here:

https://www.betterhash.net/bh/download/

Daniel

The NVidia XMR miner has been updated once again. Version 2.49 of BetterHash (released today) replaces XMRig with CCMiner-KlausT. The new release improves the benchmarking process and solves a few minor stability issues. Download link below:

https://www.betterhash.net/bh/download/

Daniel

We just released version 2.51.

The NVidia XMR miner should be working ok now. We replaced XMRig-NVidia with CCminer (KlausT version). You might notice that a new application named "cons.exe" appears to be running instead of the miner; this happens because the new XMR miner is not offering any kind of speed monitoring API and we had to improvise one. Smiley

Enjoy!

Hi everyone,

As most of you may have already noticed, we've added a new feature in your online dashboards. Cool

Don't want to constantly check if your funds reached the minimum withdrawal amount? We've got you covered with the BTC Automatic Withdrawal option.

All you have to do is set the wallet where you'd like to receive your BTC and we'll send it to you. The transfers will be made once a day, at 8 AM GMT for those that surpassed the minimum withdrawal limit. If you don't want to withdraw at the lowest withdrawal threshold, you can choose a different limit, from the other 5 options available.

BetterHash Team

P.S. Manual withdrawals are still available.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
@All: All pending balances were released, this issue was solved early today/

@mrtats: Thanks a lot for helping with the explanation! You are right, BetterHash estimates the value of one share based on data that it receives from the pool. Let's say we know all our users made 100 shares and the pool tells us it will send 5 ZEC (for example). The pool continuously changes this estimation (the amount usually increases) but it can also get down because of stale shares. An interesting detail: soon after a payment is received the fluctuations are higher; as we get close to the next payment from the pool all values become more stable. Smiley

Sorry for the late answer - we need to cover a lot of communication channels:  BitcoinTalk, Facebook and our ticketing system.

Daniel

That makes sense now that you explained it haha.
But atleast you do first hand communication with users!
@All: All pending balances were released, this issue was solved early today/

@mrtats: Thanks a lot for helping with the explanation! You are right, BetterHash estimates the value of one share based on data that it receives from the pool. Let's say we know all our users made 100 shares and the pool tells us it will send 5 ZEC (for example). The pool continuously changes this estimation (the amount usually increases) but it can also get down because of stale shares. An interesting detail: soon after a payment is received the fluctuations are higher; as we get close to the next payment from the pool all values become more stable. Smiley

Sorry for the late answer - we need to cover a lot of communication channels:  BitcoinTalk, Facebook and our ticketing system.

Daniel
Activity: 39
@ Scratchy.27 and @ HansGrub3r same here still this morning confirmed balance does not update
Activity: 2
Hi Innovative Solutions i have seen twice already yesterday and today my account pending balance go down but does not update to my confirmed balance

Same happend on my account today  Huh

I've noticed the same aswell since last night..
Activity: 5
Hi Innovative Solutions i have seen twice already yesterday and today my account pending balance go down but does not update to my confirmed balance

Same happend on my account today  Huh
Activity: 7
I agree with another poster that phoenix miner would be great. I've had better results with Phoenix over Claymore...
Activity: 53
Hello!

Would there be a possibility to manually add miners?

There are plenty of them beside claymore and there are more efficient ones..

Simple and nice GUI - would love to use the software
We heard about PhoenixMiner. Adding a miner means adding monitoring as well (speed, hash rate) - so it will take come time. If PhoenixMiner based (forked) from Claymore?
I don't know, but monitoring is integrated with pheonix miner, I can see both temp and fan speed of my 2 cards + average speed at pool...
Topic is here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/phoenixminer-62c-fastest-ethereumethash-miner-with-lowest-devfee-winlinux-2647654
We heard about PhoenixMiner. Adding a miner means adding monitoring as well (speed, hash rate) - so it will take come time. If PhoenixMiner based (forked) from Claymore?
Could you replace claymore by phoenixminer (or support phoenixminer) ? Very similar but faster, more accurate, with lower dev fee. One can even user claymore epool ou config file to run with phoenixminer.
Most likely an antivirus database update. :/ It's hard to tell... To be honest I'm amazed BetterHash isn't detected as a virus that wants to take over the world.  Sad Not yet, anyway.

Daniel
Hi Scratchy.27 and Innovative Solutions i already know that most of the AV systems detects any miners as trojan i was just concerned on what changed with the ETH miner that caused windows defender to detect it now as a virus cause i been using betterhash now for like 2 months and this just started happening a few days ago with the ETH miner
From our FAQ https://www.betterhash.net/faq/

My antivirus detects BetterHash as malware. Why?

Antivirus companies try to detect as much malware on your PC as possible; otherwise you wouldn’t buy their product. The competition between antivirus companies forced them to sometimes detect harmless files as “potential threats”. Let’s take a look at cookies: they are not evil at all. Sometimes websites store in cookies your browsing preferences so they can offer you a better experience next time you visit them. However, you will find a lot of antivirus and antimalware solutions consider them "malware". This is incorrect and the exact same practice applies to cryptocurrency transaction validation. Our suggestion is to report this as a false positive because:

a. You agreed to install BetterHash and it wasn’t deployed on your PC without your knowledge

b. You can deactivate it or stop using it at any time you like - and this is not something malware would allow you to do

c. BetterHash is also listed in the Add / Remove Programs applet of your PC, allowing you to remove it from there as well

d. You were informed about the way BetterHash works

An application should be considered "malware" only if it is installed on a user’s PC without their knowledge or with an improper description of it’s real actions.
Activity: 5
Hi windows defender is detecting ETH miner as a Trojan

(x86)\BetterHash\Cores\claymore-dual\EthDcrMiner64.

Trojan:Win32/Ditertag.B

Hi, yes, most of the AV systems detects any miners as trojan. You dont have to be worried, just add an exclusion for Betterhash folder to defender.
Hi windows defender is detecting ETH miner as a Trojan

(x86)\BetterHash\Cores\claymore-dual\EthDcrMiner64.

Trojan:Win32/Ditertag.B

Thanks a lot for you nice comments. We're very glad to see that our users appreciate BetterHash. Wink

We have a lot of items on our to-do list. The timezone option was requested by many users and we'll add it for sure at some point. Unfortunately I cannot say when this will happen. We'll do our best.
Activity: 13
i was wondering, when looking at data, the time zone is not mine, is there a way to change the time zone somewhere ?

ps, i tried all kind of alternative to try to find better, at my age, you do know its what you get in your account that is real, aldo some nice ones seems to pay more, there waiting for you at the withdraw section to rip you of your earnings, so, BetterHash for me is the winner ....and so easy!
Pages:
Jump to: