Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL: Chips have shipped, on their way to US - page 2. (Read 25583 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
They have no FCC certification.  Nothing is on file.

So I've recently found, which is quite interesting. I've opened a case with the FCC to confirm.
Even worse for them as they've already shipped units in what appears to be a knowing violation.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

So I've recently found, which is quite interesting. I've opened a case with the FCC to confirm.

Screen shot of paperwork/form?
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
The fact they aren't shipping is transparent.

That is all anyone needs to know.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

Boy, times from changed!

So user BitcoinINV was supposed to repay a $1500 loan I had given him within 7 days of me recalling it. It's been 12 days now. He's also late on a BTCJam loan that I have no association with. I've tried e-mailing, texting, and calling the below information. Today, I got a return phone call but missed it and no voicemail was left.

I'm looking for someone who lives in or near Emerald Isle, NC that would be willing to drive to the address listed below and attempt to see if "Daniel" still lives there and get him to call me and explain when I should be expecting my money. I'll pay 2% of the loan's value to you ($30) for going and checking (you must submit picture proof to me that you were there and at least attempted to make contact by taking a picture of yourself holding your username on a sheet of paper in front of the apartment and another one in front of the street sign).

In the event I manage to recover my entire $1500 as a result of you contacting him, I'll pay you an additional $120 once the funds have been returned to me. If you are in the area and interested in this, please send me a PM. Here's this dude's information:

Name: Daniel Kowalczewski
Forum Name: BitcoinINV, Bitcoin-Financial.com
Email: [email protected]
         [email protected]
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/daniel.kowalczewski
Cell: 910-376-9244
Address: 8613 Reed Dr Apt 1, Emerald Isle, NC 28594-2579

Note the myriad of lies in the letter from BFL to Ms. Little.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
47 C.F.R. 15.1b for starters, unless they already have it licensed (I have seen nothing to that end except some empty talk many months ago)

My guess is that they've already passed this part...given that essentially any electronic device has to pass it before going to market. If they didn't get past this, do you really think they'd send out an "illegal" device to dozens of media outlets?

Anything else, or was this your only thought on "many broken laws and regulations"?
You just want to hear what you want to hear.

Anything contradictory will be ignored by you.

Your mental framing needs adjustments.

If only that were true...I'm more than happy to acknowledge serious arguments, but the problem is I very rarely get any. Saying "BFL has broken so many laws and regulations" without pointing out anything of substance is not an argument.

And, as usual, I see you have absolutely nothing to add to the argument Puerto..just more conspiracy theories and "scam scam scam". As I've noted before: Point out the specific laws that BFL has broken, and I will show you why you're wrong. Simple as that.
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003

Like you have anything better to do?

Come on Puerto, you live for this stuff! You troll every BFL thread there is, so I imagine you MUST have some sort of master list of all of BFL's transgressions, right?

That would be too organized for the local BFL busters.

I find the fact that they were required by paypal to ship some of their pre-orders interesting... though I don't really understand it.  Why did paypal require them to like ship a couple of jalapenos? Why would that make any difference? 
It isn't logical. Paypal would very likely require them to ship ALL orders.

The BFL storyline does not add up nor even seem logical.

Paypal gains nothing by a merchant shipping a dozen units out of ten thousand. The story is crooked (in my opinion).

Also this thread is about their chips being shipped to the US.  I though BFL was using some domestic foundry (in California?).
No comment....
Activity: 490
Merit: 255

Come on Puerto, you live for this stuff! You troll every BFL thread there is, so I imagine you MUST have some sort of master list of all of BFL's transgressions, right?

That would be too organized for the local BFL busters.

I find the fact that they were required by paypal to ship some of their pre-orders interesting... though I don't really understand it.  Why did paypal require them to like ship a couple of jalapenos? Why would that make any difference? 

Also this thread is about their chips being shipped to the US.  I though BFL was using some domestic foundry (in California?).
legendary
Various members have researched (a heck of alot of issues) surrounding pre-orders and legal constraints and demands that companies must perform within a certain time frame.

For example, BFL was supposed to have notified their customers within 60 days of any changes to the status of pre-order shipments.

I know that silly, but I want links...that was actually what I was referring to a page (or two) back when I was trying to find the info on this very statement. This is where I think they crossed the line, but I wanted to double back and look at the facts.

It's not that there is no evidence my slow friend. It just means that wasting time with you isn't the best option at this time.

Even when the evidence does slap you, you simply ignore it. Again, you did it just now in the last page.

There is no incentive to fulfill your request.

legendary
I do have plenty to add, I am just not doing it with you. You are a known BFL supported and strong shill for them.

People don't really gain anything substantial by answering your demands. You simply ignore the points made even when perfectly legitimate. (Just as you did now) The question is, are you even worth the effort. I think not.

Bwahahaha that's a long way of saying "I have no evidence, so instead I will resort to mocking".
It's not that there is no evidence my slow friend. It just means that wasting time with you isn't the best option at this time.

Even when the evidence does slap you, you simply ignore it. Again, you did it just now in the last page.

There is no incentive to fulfill your request.

legendary

Not sure if you know this or not, but Butterfly Labs is a private company. They don't have to give us any information on anything going on there...the same applies to Avalon or ASICMiner. The information we've received so far from all companies has been a courtesy.
Various members have researched (a heck of alot of issues) surrounding pre-orders and legal constraints and demands that companies must perform within a certain time frame.

For example, BFL was supposed to have notified their customers within 60 days of any changes to the status of pre-order shipments.

I recall it just only recently happened about 5 months late than prescribed. They are also required to communicate written notification to buyers. I made the argument that this would mean email as that is the official, directed form of communicating with buyers.

I think it is safe to say that none of these guidelines were adhered to until very recently when (coincidentally) BFL asked everyone to agree to new terms and specifications.

----------------------------

The folks who ordered after April 1st, have 15~20 days before they have to be notified (officially) that they will have any changes made to their delivered product.

But who knows if that will happen, right?
legendary
I do have plenty to add, I am just not doing it with you. You are a known BFL supported and strong shill for them.

People don't really gain anything substantial by answering your demands. You simply ignore the points made even when perfectly legitimate. (Just as you did now) The question is, are you even worth the effort. I think not.

Bwahahaha that's a long way of saying "I have no evidence, so instead I will resort to mocking".

And I'm not just a BFL supporter..I'm also a huge fan of Avalon and ASICMiner. Wink

Sorry, you are out of luck folks.

Not sure if you know this or not, but Butterfly Labs is a private company. They don't have to give us any information on anything going on there...the same applies to Avalon or ASICMiner. The information we've received so far from all companies has been a courtesy.
legendary
And update from BFL_Josh:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/bfl-forum-miscellaneous/2604-10-may-2013-update-7.html#post32042

Well, I was going to pick on post and reply to it as representative of the rest of the questions, but there isn't really a point in picking one post.

Here's the deal: We are not going to provide minute by minute accounts of our comings and goings. We are not going to provide detailed numbers with regards to what we are working on or shipping. It's really as simple as that. It's just not something a company does. I have tried it in the past and been burned on it when I have given out numbers that have changed and thus the numbers I gave out originally are no longer accurate. I've said it before and I will say it again: That is not going to happen going forward if I have anything to say about it. If I could give a number or a date that I was 100% confident in meeting, then I would. However, as the past few months has shown us, I simply can't be sure of any dates I have with 100% confidence right now, thus I'm not going to give dates or numbers. If I give a date or a number that does not have the caveat "should be," "hope to," etc... around it, then you can be sure I am pretty darned confident in that date or number. If not, then the number or date is subject to change. I always wondered why companies weren't more open with their customers and now I understand why.

Like I said, going forward, future products are going to be shipping "when they are done" if I have anything to say about it.

Nothing good has ever come of me giving out numbers or dates. Just look at the issues people are focusing on now, because I gave numbers for chips and wafers. Now everyone wants to know the disposition of every chip in every wafer and where they went, what they are doing now, what they've eaten for breakfast and when their last BM was. It's a nightmare. If I could go back and do it again I would absolutely not have given wafer counts or chips per wafer and everyone would be just as happy (or not) as they are now. We have given far, far too much insight into our process and it's burned us many times over and it won't be happening again in the future.

Some people are great, understanding and intelligent, and I am happy to share details with those people. I would love to talk shop with those people, explain the problems we are facing and use the collective wisdom of those people. Some people... aren't any of those things and the spoil it for everyone. I don't see any way to separate the intelligent people from the useless people who just want to complain and wreck excellent discourse for everyone else. I could potentially create a forum where you have to be given access, but that seems to be very labor intensive and the content would certainly make it's way into the public, so we'd be right back in the same boat we are in now. I honestly don't see a way around it. It's a real shame that there are people who can't have a civil, intelligent discussion, but it's the internet and everyone has an opinion, no matter how worthless it is, and they feel the need and entitlement to express it to anyone and everyone.

Sorry, you are out of luck folks.

Oh by the way, the first refund window for Paypal for orders after April 1st, 2013 (@ 2500$) is coming up in about 3 days.

Word to the wise, "refresh" your orders as Paypal only protects you for 45 days on claims.
legendary
47 C.F.R. 15.1b for starters, unless they already have it licensed (I have seen nothing to that end except some empty talk many months ago)

My guess is that they've already passed this part...given that essentially any electronic device has to pass it before going to market. If they didn't get past this, do you really think they'd send out an "illegal" device to dozens of media outlets?

Anything else, or was this your only thought on "many broken laws and regulations"?

If only that were true...I'm more than happy to acknowledge serious arguments, but the problem is I very rarely get any. Saying "BFL has broken so many laws and regulations" without pointing out anything of substance is not an argument.

And, as usual, I see you have absolutely nothing to add to the argument Puerto..just more conspiracy theories and "scam scam scam". As I've noted before: Point out the specific laws that BFL has broken, and I will show you why you're wrong. Simple as that.

legendary

legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276
65nm
Fun factoid.

The original 65nm (single chip/16 core) design was supposed yield 7.5Gh/s per chip.

The current specs shown to date are actually about 2.5Gh/s
Yeah damn - only 9 times the Avalon chip for 2/3 the Watts and it's also under clocked in the original Jalapenos ...

Yup.  If blowing the estimate by three X was the worst mistake that BFL has made it would be a much happier world for their 'customers'.  I mean how big a deal is power usage in production-level mining-land anyway?

If there is actually a reliable betting site in the Bitcoin ecosystem these days someone should do a bet on whether the chip in the devices BFL has shipped is actually 65nm.

legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
How do they hash at 10x the speed of Avalon with the same chip technology?
(110 nm)

I don't recall, I believe it was grnbrg, one of the early receivers of Jally's posted pix that showed 2 ASICs in the 5 GH machine.

I wish that BFL would have taken the OTHER characteristic from Avalon.
They emulate the same mentality toward their customers (a sense of superiority, a condescending attitude) .
I wish BFL would have taken a page from BitSymCom's work ethic.
65nm
Fun factoid.

The original 65nm (single chip/16 core) design was supposed yield 7.5Gh/s per chip.

Yeah damn - only 9 times the Avalon chip for 2/3 the Watts and it's also under clocked in the original Jalapenos ...
legendary
How do they hash at 10x the speed of Avalon with the same chip technology?
(110 nm)

I don't recall, I believe it was grnbrg, one of the early receivers of Jally's posted pix that showed 2 ASICs in the 5 GH machine.

I wish that BFL would have taken the OTHER characteristic from Avalon.
They emulate the same mentality toward their customers (a sense of superiority, a condescending attitude) .
I wish BFL would have taken a page from BitSymCom's work ethic.
65nm
Fun factoid.

Pages:
Jump to: