Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL: Chips have shipped, on their way to US - page 6. (Read 25583 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
February 26, 2013, 06:56:35 PM

Am I the first person to notice the date and time of this flight? Unless I didn't get the memo as to which timeline I'm living in, that would make the last time this plane left the ground 7 days prior to the epic flight depicted by pics taken on the 19th. BTW, a simple phone call confirmed this.
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
February 24, 2013, 03:24:52 PM
Activity: 141
Merit: 102
February 24, 2013, 02:09:16 PM
So when these chips arive they can finally put them on some pcb's, i hope this go's well for them. After e few have been made they need to release them as ready for production (if they have not seen a chip yet this will test the pcb design for the first time and lets hope it works for the first time).
And after that they will need to test all manufactured boards for the first time, hope this FVT works from the first time too.
Or they can send it without testing.
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001
February 22, 2013, 08:54:18 AM
Not really sure what's going down this time. But at the rate I'm finding users on my ignore list, I have a feeling BFL's getting close to shipping  Smiley
http://i.imgur.com/puv6IHb.png

Ha, that's just like it was for me in one of the other BFL threads before a split. I go to catch up on 10 pages in a thread only to find half of them are just ignored users..makes reading quite a bit faster Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
February 22, 2013, 03:01:02 AM

There is a "clusterfuck" coming. It will either be a technical hurdle or a quantity hurdle. Any one with two eyes and a brain can see that from a mile away.

I don't even need to point this out. it has probably already crossed customers minds.

Wait till BFL ships and watch the fireworks.

This ^
legendary
February 22, 2013, 02:59:41 AM
Not really sure what's going down this time. But at the rate I'm finding users on my ignore list, I have a feeling BFL's getting close to shipping  Smiley

Even though he wont see my post...

His image proves a point. People only want to hear what they want to hear. Anything that sounds "bad" or unnerving will be "ignored".

LOL so fucking fail haha
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1001
I'd fight Gandhi.
February 22, 2013, 02:56:31 AM
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
February 22, 2013, 02:15:06 AM
If there is anyone you should be mad at, it should be the people you have given money to half a year ago and are still waiting to get your equipment.

As for your blindness crazyyates, the BFL forum is full of complaints.

Now folks like you who are clearly willing to wait any length of time for BFL are turning around and accusing fellow BFL customers of being "trolls" for asking where the situation is currently at.

Customer support is blogging about how how the delays may be even longer. While contradictory statements are being made about when different customers at different order dates will receive their hardware.

----------------
For example,
Do you really think 80+ Minirig owners are going to wait more months after initial shipping while the TH/s drives difficulty through the roof and profitability through the floor with multitudes of other smaller orders?

I don't think so.

Only 6 wafers after 4 to 5 months of delays? 6,000 chips if it is an optimum situation?
Thats crazy, every time I read an update the only thing I see being spelled out is how they are still at the early stage of ensuring a working prototype is going to work.

Avalon is way past that point. The only big deal with Avalon is getting the hardware past customs and into the hands of customers. They are already working on Gen 2.

BFL is still praying and hoping the simulations and "luck" pans out.

As soon as BFL minirig owners see the first BFL orders (big or small) arriving at customer doors, they are going to be turning the screws on BFL to put them as a priority. With so few chips to go around, they are going to be told no, or they will [speculation] make up some story of why they can't deliver smaller orders.

There is a "clusterfuck" coming. It will either be a technical hurdle or a quantity hurdle. Any one with two eyes and a brain can see that from a mile away.

I don't even need to point this out. it has probably already crossed customers minds.

Wait till BFL ships and watch the fireworks.
Activity: 854
einc.io
February 22, 2013, 02:14:21 AM
@Micon
Will BFL deliver ASIC at the end or not?
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
February 22, 2013, 02:05:50 AM
1)  Thanking PuertoLibre for continuing to post your thoughts in a very hostile environment for those that believe as you do.

2)  the "updates" and pictures are more spin - they are similar to the show at CES - no ASICs, no mining of any sort, no pictures of actual chips or the bumping process - and in fact no update on the bumping process at all.  If fedex shipped those chips, while BFL holds millions and millions in pre-order monies, no one can get a picture of the chips?  The

here is the latest, hot off the presses:

Quote from: josh zerlan
21 Feb 2013

The chips are still at the bumping facility. They are taking their time, much to our chagrin, to be sure we don't wreck one of the wafers with a failed bump. We are trying to determine if we need to physically go to the bumping facility and sit in someones office until it's done. We should hopefully have more information on that later tonight or tomorrow. If it turns out it would be efficacious, that's what we will do. However, perhaps my reputation will precede me and they will elect to get the job done and send the chips to the packaging facility instead of having me sitting in their office all day.

The good news is, we should be able to accelerate the second set of wafers as well as the bulk of the rest of the wafer run, allowing us to ship product en mass even sooner than we expected. This is still being negotiated, but things are looking good as far as that goes.

he managed to somehow work in the following sentance:

"allowing us to ship product en mass even sooner than we expected"

I mean, how can anyone take this guy seriously right now?
legendary
February 22, 2013, 02:04:50 AM

The only thing I know for certain is that you:

--Don't have your ASICs in hand after the promised date + 4 (turning into 5) months now.

--You keep being yanked around by your groin from one partial monthly delay to the next.

So no matter how much you flail or huff and puff, that point stands.

worth noting lol
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1003
February 22, 2013, 01:58:59 AM
ty to PuertoLibre for doing the heavy lifting in these threads, taking a lot of heat for being the voice of reason.

IMO the silence since 2/14 is deafening.  I mean, how hot was the bumping?  really no pix this time?  they prolly wouldn't let you take a pic of the soldering anyway.  And there is no way to take a pic after you get them back.  so you understand, no pix.  

ship pre-order monies.

ROFL I'll say it again: who cares about a fucking plane? It's completely useless information. And PuertoLibre as a voice or reason? What have you been smoking?
I don't know what Micon is thanking me for to be honest.

As for you crazyyates, a known BFL supporter, you'd say anything to brown nose a little more.

Even when I repost those said updates, the BFL rep gets crazy angry and calls his own words a lie. (or claims that I misinterpret things)

---------------

The only thing I know for certain is that you:

--Don't have your ASICs in hand after the promised date + 4 (turning into 5) months now.

--You keep being yanked around by your groin from one partial monthly delay to the next.

So no matter how much you flail or huff and puff, that point stands.

---------------
Avalon customers have only been waiting for one month for their shipments. The prototypes are done and a number have been delivered. (a small number)

---------------

BFL customers are now on their 4th or 5th month of waiting after the promised delivery date. The prototypes aren't done and BFL has said this multiple times when asked. So any time you or any BFL customer thinks they can swing like a club "how long an Avalon customer has been waiting"...remember, you have to multiply your own waiting time by multiples of our own.

And you will keep waiting and "taking it" like a champ.  

And as far as this "deafening silence", you realize that Josh posted an update several hours ago, and Kano has been uploading pics over the past 2 days? I don't see anyone else but you complaining about BFL's lack of updates over the past month or so.
Most of his updates are roughly amounting to setting the next delay.

Again, taking it like a champ for nearly half a year. Good job.
legendary
February 22, 2013, 01:32:57 AM

ty to PuertoLibre for doing the heavy lifting in these threads, taking a lot of heat for being the voice of reason.

Here is one of those for $190k:
http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/DIAMOND-DA40XL/2007-DIAMOND-DA40XL/1262934.htm

IMO the silence since 2/14 is deafening.  I mean, how hot was the bumping?  really no pix this time?  they prolly wouldn't let you take a pic of the soldering anyway.  And there is no way to take a pic after you get them back.  so you understand, no pix. 

ship pre-order monies.

I must say it is getting very quiet from BFL. Lots of noise on the bitcoin price and network hash rate. I seen like 4+ TH/s added in the last week.

BFL getting nervous? BFL fan boys liking the higher difficulty? Remember higher difficulty is better lol
legendary
Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
February 22, 2013, 01:14:24 AM

IMO the silence since 2/14 is deafening.  I mean, how hot was the bumping?  really no pix this time?  they prolly wouldn't let you take a pic of the soldering anyway.  And there is no way to take a pic after you get them back.  so you understand, no pix. 

ship pre-order monies.

ROFL I'll say it again: who cares about a fucking plane? It's completely useless information. And PuertoLibre as a voice or reason? What have you been smoking?

And as far as this "deafening silence", you realize that Josh posted an update several hours ago, and Kano has been uploading pics over the past 2 days? I don't see anyone else but you complaining about BFL's lack of updates over the past month or so.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1014
FPV Drone Pilot
February 22, 2013, 12:47:25 AM

Here is one of those for $190k:
http://www.controller.com/listingsdetail/aircraft-for-sale/DIAMOND-DA40XL/2007-DIAMOND-DA40XL/1262934.htm

ship pre-order monies.
Activity: 697
February 21, 2013, 07:05:07 PM
Whew. The first few of those owners are going to be very happy customers. It'll be interesting to see the pay-off times for the first rig and the last rig out of the first batch. Regardless, I'm jealous of even that last rig owner. Hopefully the price drops later this year such that I can warrant purchasing one.
Don't be jealous. Remember, they had to shell out many money for Minirigs over a half year ago.
Yet no one of them is moaning here. They are serious men who understand development and production problems.
(Not like the ones who cry at every thread for their not ready Jalapeno or still not shipped Avalon.
 It's interesting the noisiest are the ones who preordered nothing.)

Your correct to a point, but also, with BFL's business practices and lack of customer support, it really left a bad taste in people's mouths.   There is a way all these companies could of handled things that would not of left so many people bitter.    I reached out to BFL to help with communications but instead they chose the biggest ******* instead that really reflects their company conduct at this point.   Serious men, maybe, risk takers?  For sure.   I am just glad there is competition in the mining hardware market.  That made my day.

D

That sums it up nicely. I couldn't afford a SC Mini Rig but I could have purchased roughly half of one back in June-July. I wasn't willing to take the risk and if BFL pulls through I very well will be jealous of the people who were willing to blindly jump into the unknown. Fortune favors the bold.
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1026
Mining since 2010 & Hosting since 2012
February 21, 2013, 03:10:21 PM
Whew. The first few of those owners are going to be very happy customers. It'll be interesting to see the pay-off times for the first rig and the last rig out of the first batch. Regardless, I'm jealous of even that last rig owner. Hopefully the price drops later this year such that I can warrant purchasing one.
Don't be jealous. Remember, they had to shell out many money for Minirigs over a half year ago.
Yet no one of them is moaning here. They are serious men who understand development and production problems.
(Not like the ones who cry at every thread for their not ready Jalapeno or still not shipped Avalon.

Your correct to a point, but also, with BFL's business practices and lack of customer support, it really left a bad taste in people's mouths.   There is a way all these companies could of handled things that would not of left so many people bitter.    I reached out to BFL to help with communications but instead they chose the biggest ******* instead that really reflects their company conduct at this point.   Serious men, maybe, risk takers?  For sure.   I am just glad there is competition in the mining hardware market.  That made my day.

D
RHA
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
February 21, 2013, 02:50:30 PM
RHA
Activity: 392
Merit: 250
February 21, 2013, 02:35:09 PM
I think everyone is waiting for this kind of notice! Grin
Don't pretend to have a DHL notice. We know you don't have. Trolling this thread won't help you.
Pages:
Jump to: