Pages:
Author

Topic: BFL: Chips have shipped, on their way to US - page 4. (Read 25583 times)

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570
Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending
Pringles.png

Don't pop your top just yet.  They still need to be bumped, packaged, and most importantly, thoroughly tested.

This ^^

Some of you are blind aren't you? There hasn't been really any tests on the BFL "chips" that are "on the way to the US".

Hurry up and WAIT lol

Suckerz....  Grin Grin Grin

Pfft... still not done.

3 months ago I said this...and still you customers are waiting.

It was blatantly obvious they had not done any testing given they didn't have the chips in their possession yet they were going to "ship" in a week or two after they arrived.

Bullshit. BFL didn't have a clue what they are doing then and they don't now.

Caution! Humor ahead.

They did make a purdy Pinocchio Box, twice as long as the old box.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Pringles.png

Don't pop your top just yet.  They still need to be bumped, packaged, and most importantly, thoroughly tested.

This ^^

Some of you are blind aren't you? There hasn't been really any tests on the BFL "chips" that are "on the way to the US".

Hurry up and WAIT lol

Suckerz....  Grin Grin Grin

Pfft... still not done.

3 months ago I said this...and still you customers are waiting.

It was blatantly obvious they had not done any testing given they didn't have the chips in their possession yet they were going to "ship" in a week or two after they arrived.

Bullshit. BFL didn't have a clue what they are doing then and they don't now.
legendary
So will the BitForce SC product line REALLY come out in October? This is a fair question.  Let's review our track record.  If you're not aware, our initial product, the BitForce Single had a slow delivery cycle.  This was initially due to a last minute design change before initial product release.  When we did release it, we weren't quite prepared for the explosive success we had.  After several rounds of scaling, single delivery is in sufficient volume to catch up quickly. The Mini Rig product release has followed it's development and release timeline pretty well.  Initial deliveries aren't far from estimates and the speed of production is on pace to ensure most customers will get their Mini Rigs ahead of schedule. The SC product line has been under development for quite some time and is not the result of an expedited development process.  Although there are always issues during development, our team is highly experienced in exactly this field and we're currently ahead of our original timeline.  Honest Abe, we're scheduling shipments for October of 2012.

It's worse than that! Note the two spaces after the period.

Thank you, Richard.

God's speed, cruel world. I'm out!
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Pringles.png

Don't pop your top just yet.  They still need to be bumped, packaged, and most importantly, thoroughly tested.

This ^^

Hurry up and WAIT lol

Suckerz....  Grin Grin Grin

Pfft... still not done.
legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
Any news on the chips now?

More waiting, what are you expecting from BFL.

Best thing to do is try and imagine you never ordered, if/when it turns up its a nice surprise!

Peek-A-Boo!
Activity: 308
Merit: 250

More waiting, what are you expecting from BFL.

Best thing to do is try and imagine you never ordered, if/when it turns up its a nice surprise!
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
I've noticed that this phone of bfl's chip have geostamp pointing to Unive in Fremont, CA: http://ow.ly/i/1EM8o
The company produces ASICs from 130nm to 600nm.
Maybe the info is outdated? Interesting anyway.

What good is bringing up a geostamp/EXIF when Sonny Vleisides' epic photo with his cousin's wife and nephew passing them off as his wife and son at his uncle's house does nothing but produce more orders for BFL when we post of such events?
Huh? Proof?
legendary
I've noticed that this phone of bfl's chip have geostamp pointing to Unive in Fremont, CA: http://ow.ly/i/1EM8o

What good is bringing up a geostamp/EXIF when Sonny Vleisides' epic photo with his cousin's wife and nephew passing them off as his wife and son at his uncle's house does nothing but produce more orders for BFL when we post of such events?
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1001
Activity: 126
Merit: 100

But chips have shipped from the fab and are on their way to the US  Grin
Activity: 991
Merit: 500
Why the hell would you bump this thread? So confusing.
Activity: 177
Merit: 101
legendary
legendary
Activity: 4466
Merit: 1798
Linux since 1997 RedHat 4
February 28, 2013, 07:44:23 PM
Meanwhile Tongue

http://www.kano-kun.net/

Redid my links from before and added a couple more posts Smiley
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
February 28, 2013, 07:17:58 PM
Is Kano on Australian Welfare?

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/information/centrelink-website

Now I am not "base" enough to joke about that (cause soon most of us will be on welfare in one way or another as economies of scale deteriorate), but now I understand the rest as it comes into focus if this is the case.

Almost everyone in Australia is on some kind of welfare or government handout. When you take government handouts and tax breaks into account. Even millionaires get welfare in Australia lol.
legendary
February 27, 2013, 08:53:51 PM
Is Kano on Australian Welfare?

http://www.humanservices.gov.au/customer/information/centrelink-website

Now I am not "base" enough to joke about that (cause soon most of us will be on welfare in one way or another as economies of scale deteriorate), but now I understand the rest as it comes into focus if this is the case.

Not necessarily.  Centrelink administers income support payments but it also administers payments for children, which are received by many families who are not "low income" by most definitions (it's complex to explain how this works, but depending on whether or not both parents are working and the number of children, these payments don't totally cut out until the family income is somewhere between $90,000 and $150,000 pa).

Going on a short overseas trips is only an issue for people whose payments are conditional on some kind of activity - such as looking for work.

Kano did mention that he has a medical issue. I'm guessing that that's what the card would be for.
Activity: 1162
Merit: 500
February 27, 2013, 07:13:03 PM
Just curious - if the chips are square and the wafer is round.. isn't that kind of a waste of some chips... 

Wafers have to be round. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Czochralski_process
Activity: 388
Merit: 250
Save A Life, Adopt a Pet Today!
February 27, 2013, 07:07:29 PM
Just curious - if the chips are square and the wafer is round.. isn't that kind of a waste of some chips... 

or do the partially cut-off chips just not hash as fast Wink
Activity: 784
Merit: 502
February 27, 2013, 06:29:07 PM
ty to PuertoLibre for doing the heavy lifting in these threads, taking a lot of heat for being the voice of reason.

IMO the silence since 2/14 is deafening.  I mean, how hot was the bumping?  really no pix this time?  they prolly wouldn't let you take a pic of the soldering anyway.  And there is no way to take a pic after you get them back.  so you understand, no pix. 

ship pre-order monies.

ROFL I'll say it again: who cares about a fucking plane? It's completely useless information. And PuertoLibre as a voice or reason? What have you been smoking?

And as far as this "deafening silence", you realize that Josh posted an update several hours ago, and Kano has been uploading pics over the past 2 days? I don't see anyone else but you complaining about BFL's lack of updates over the past month or so.

Seriously Crazyates, you have your tongue so far up BFL's ass... come on, how much are they paying you?
Pages:
Jump to: