Pages:
Author

Topic: Biblepay BBP Community Discussion Thread - page 2. (Read 23762 times)

Activity: 1176
Merit: 111
Hi Sunk818,
In biblepay forum you wrote:
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=394.15

"Vps cost less than $1/mo."

How do I get VPS for less than 1$/month ?

It can be a crapshoot with overloaded/oversubscribed... but you get a few vendors that actually do a good job. DM me and I'll send you a few I've worked with in the past. $1/mo or less is a gamble... if you pay $2/mo you get KVM VPS which is better than OpenVZ. I suggest you read lowendtalk or lowendbox and also read reviews of the company. My recommendation is never go for the 3yr double the resources offer because you don't know if the host will be around that long. Maybe 1 yr is worth the risk, but go monthly if you can.
Activity: 23
Merit: 0
Hi Sunk818,
In biblepay forum you wrote:
https://forum.biblepay.org/index.php?topic=394.15

"Vps cost less than $1/mo."

How do I get VPS for less than 1$/month ?
I thought Yuri had sold off the exchange to the founder of Gridcoin + BiblePay ? Makes sense since those are the only coins left on there, and only the BiblePay dev seems to be able to contact "Yuri" at will...

Not sure if it is true or not but I've heard that a few times now.

Can anyone confirm or deny this for me? Was there an announcement?

You've heard this from whom? Where are you reading these rumors?

I'm more of a discord person than bitcointalk - but during the mass delisting there were a few different coins getting removed from C-CEX whose members were putting this theory forward in their own discord channels. I remember somebody asking directly in the CCEX chat and someone else said they asked on twitter but didn't get an answer. Sorry I don't have the exact links, I'd have to do more historical searching than I think this is worth. We got an official denial in the other Biblepay forum anyway, so that's fine. I expected it might just be a rumor, looks like that was the case.

The Discord link for BiblePay is here:
https://discord.gg/RK8n4xh

You seem like a reasonable person. Thanks for asking questions and keeping an open mind.
Activity: 5
I thought Yuri had sold off the exchange to the founder of Gridcoin + BiblePay ? Makes sense since those are the only coins left on there, and only the BiblePay dev seems to be able to contact "Yuri" at will...

I'm more of a discord person than bitcointalk - but during the mass delisting there were a few different coins getting removed from C-CEX whose members were putting this theory forward in their own discord channels. I remember somebody asking directly in the CCEX chat and someone else said they asked on twitter but didn't get an answer. Sorry I don't have the exact links, I'd have to do more historical searching than I think this is worth. We got an official denial in the other Biblepay forum anyway, so that's fine. I expected it might just be a rumor, looks like that was the case.
Hey Everyone,
It has been a while, and there have been a LOT of changes since I last checked in on BBP.  I started mining again, and I am curious as to what "Proof of Power" is under some of my received transactions.  Is that the bonus that Rob added for using purepool? 

Thanks,
ride22

I haven't heard of that - is this in Purepool?  If so Licht might have to answer that.

Someone added a joke last week called PROWL (proof of orphan writing letters) but it was not me.

Yes, that's what Purepool calls payments in the wallet.

I've used purepool for BiblePay for a year. I always get to pick the address it pays to.

I was thinking it had more to do with Rob's 10 day bonus thing from the pool?

Activity: 5

What about all the credit for the groundbreaking things you dont know about yet... or the overall good we(ve) done (All credit to Jesus), or the originality coming out of BiblePay over the long run?  (Mean spirited people will say anything).

I should credit to Rob for things I don't know about yet. What a crazy egotistical guy.
PrivateSend - Coin Mixing
https://wiki.biblepay.org/PrivateSend

===

Old Notes:

You have to mix your coins (anonymize them) before being able to send them with PrivateSend

Open Wallet >>> Overview Tab >>> click the "Start Mixing" button in bottom left

I believe BiblePay Wallet defaults to 2,000 coins mixed for 2 rounds

Settings >>> Options >>> Wallet >>> Enable advanced PrivateSend interface, Enable PrivateSend multi-session

I added this to my biblepay.conf file to increase amount and restarted my wallet

privatesendamount=2000000

===

How Dash's 'PrivateSend' Works Under the Hood
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgCId3wJc5Y

===

I wrote a script to set up a liquidity provider (server that keeps doing coin mixing):
https://github.com/togoshigekata/biblepay-files/blob/master/liquid-install-togo.sh

===

What is fungibility and why does it matter?
https://monero.stackexchange.com/questions/1967/what-is-fungibility-and-why-does-it-matter

Default got raised in 200k I believe in BiblePay (<1.2) but on Evo, rob took it back to 2k. Maybe he will merge the code back to allow bigger denominations.
https://hbr.org/2019/04/want-fewer-employees-to-quit-listen-to-them

In this context, investors are the employees. Listen to the community and you will have happier "employees".

Management 101

Or the golden rule:

Matthew 7:12 English Standard Version (ESV)
The Golden Rule
12 “So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets.
I like having Christian values first. Charity coin might limit the purpose of a coin. Maybe if Christian values is to forward the kingdom, you might support translation of Bible in new languages/dialects. Or supporting individuals in jail that spread the Gospel. Charity can be an important aspect, but I don't feel it should be the only mission of a Christian based coin.

In terms of economics... Bitcoin is 21M. 90% of that will be mined ~2029. BiblePay's 5.2B will be around 90% also at the same time. I say all this say that you multipley Bitcoin's 21M x 247 to get to 5.2B. If you multiply BiblePay's fiat value of $0.00026305 x 247, you only get $0.0649 as opposed to Bitcoin $5,250.

Like you guys said... no trade volume. Most of what you see is price manipulation by bots selling and buying. So, I even question any activity aside from someone buying a masternode or selling for charity. Then you have a volatile dictator for a lead dev, so that instills very little confidence. Those are not good recipes for growing the community. Greed can only drive a coin so far. The holy grail for crypto has always been daily use of the coin. To get the network effect, people have the spend the coin beyond charity. The charity is not even community based. It is one person selling on an exchange for fiat.

I think the Proof of Sponsorship was a great idea. You have individuals sponsor a child. They are responsible for that child. You show documents, receipts, etc. And the community votes on your proposal for that child. That gives each person a reason to sponsor a child and get BBP in return. It'd be pretty powerful to say you have thousands of sponsors.
Activity: 226
Merit: 2
I convert to fiat because that's the ultimate value. If there was no conversion, all the talk about performance is just that.

I agree about the dollar value, but I meant literally, you don't need dollars and math to get this "1.4 million times" result:
"By my math, it takes 1.4 million times price of $0.000203 for a BBP masternode at $300."

Because "$0.000203" relates to 1 BBP and "$300" relates to 1.55m BBP, so it's just 1.55m coins for a masternode and that is 1.55 million times the price, not 1.4 million. Smiley

When I hear Biblepay, I think of Paypal, or some method of paying for goods. But as we know, adoption of a coin is a really rare and limited thing. So when someone asks, "What can I pay for with Biblepay?", we can only say Subway sandwiches?

Exactly how I feel. I focused on the religious part, but I forgot to write that the "pay" part really bugs me. It's totally misleading, because BiblePay is not a payment service and its primary goal is something completely unrelated to the name. And the average Joe doesn't care about the fact that the algorithm uses Bible verses. A relevant name would be "CharityChain" or something of the sort. Also, one of the most problematic things is that the BiblePay name evidently looks like a joke to many who encounter it for the first time, which I don't think is possible to amend without changing the name. It's a shame that people can't take BiblePay seriously, since it's a coin with one of the most serious goals I know, and with serious active development.

You hit the nail on the head with "its primary goal is something completely unrelated to the name." If the project was primarily to take rewards and distribute Bibles with them, then BiblePay would be a decent name. But there's nothing about Biblepay that makes me think of orphans. I'd guess that the original hope was (as is for most crypto) that there would be more adoption. If so, the name makes more sense.

"CharityChain" is actually a pretty good name. I was trying to think of something more Christian-sounding, but I like CharityCoin because it doesn't put religion first. I strongly feel the world needs help wherever it can get it--and not just from a platform for religious giving. It would be kind of cool--having charity as the name's focus, and keeping the Jesus stuff there, but not at the forefront.

As poor as I am at predicting things with BBP, I'm fairly certain Rob isn't up for a name change, with all the investment in the current name and logo. Changing branding is a bunch of work, and better done earlier than later. Still it's an interesting discussion about how the name reflects the coin's purpose. It would probably take the project being abandoned or a hard fork to make it an option. We'll see.

Edit: Saw you posted this on the main thread. I'll keep my reply here. Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 103
I convert to fiat because that's the ultimate value. If there was no conversion, all the talk about performance is just that.

I agree about the dollar value, but I meant literally, you don't need dollars and math to get this "1.4 million times" result:
"By my math, it takes 1.4 million times price of $0.000203 for a BBP masternode at $300."

Because "$0.000203" relates to 1 BBP and "$300" relates to 1.55m BBP, so it's just 1.55m coins for a masternode and that is 1.55 million times the price, not 1.4 million. Smiley

When I hear Biblepay, I think of Paypal, or some method of paying for goods. But as we know, adoption of a coin is a really rare and limited thing. So when someone asks, "What can I pay for with Biblepay?", we can only say Subway sandwiches?

Exactly how I feel. I focused on the religious part, but I forgot to write that the "pay" part really bugs me. It's totally misleading, because BiblePay is not a payment service and its primary goal is something completely unrelated to the name. And the average Joe doesn't care about the fact that the algorithm uses Bible verses. A relevant name would be "CharityChain" or something of the sort. Also, one of the most problematic things is that the BiblePay name evidently looks like a joke to many who encounter it for the first time, which I don't think is possible to amend without changing the name. It's a shame that people can't take BiblePay seriously, since it's a coin with one of the most serious goals I know, and with serious active development.
Which coins are trading at 4sats and have a masternode requirement of a few thousand dollars?

I think the masternode issue is just an outgrowth of the pricing problem with BBP. Turning 4 sats into a few thousand dollars is a lot more difficult than turning Dash's $100 price into $100K masternodes. ($100K  = 1000 times $100 price for Dash). By my math, it takes 1.4 million times price of $0.000203 for a BBP masternode at $300.  BBP is a far more expensive.

You needlessly convert to dollars - you don't need math, it's simply 1.55m coins for a BBP masternode and 1000 coins for a Dash masternode. But you missed something - BiblePay is one of the larger circulation coins out there. In fact, its circulation is 1.5b, while Dash's is 8.7m, which is about 170 times more coins. So to be able to make an analogous comparison between the two, we need to divide the 1.55m masternode cost by 170, which is around 9000 BBP. So a BBP masternode is 9 times more expensive in relative terms than a Dash masternode, but not 1500 times. But in absolute terms, it's extremely cheap. Of course, it's all about the price - if we had a 9 times higher price like we used to (36 sats), that would solve the cheap masternode problem.

I'm probably too dense to understand the difference between the number of coins. We can't compare 8.7m to 1.5b because the number of coins is largely a function of pricing. Dash can't have a billion coins at its current pricing, and BBP can't have 10m coins at its current price. This is exactly why I use the fiat conversion, because both price and circulation are different. But again, I'm probably misinterpreting your post. And I can see my math is a bit wonky. Smiley

At a daily volume of around $250M, Dash has a masternode cost of .004 DailiyVolume. BBP has a mastnerode cost around a day's total trading volume. BBP is far less liquid, and is more expensive percentage-wise for a masternode.

What will make a difference is to get some trading volume and buying pressure that is organic to growth, and not just inflating volume by raising masternode requirements. I wish less effort was being made towards new features that are cool but may not help pricing.

I agree we should have more organic growth, but that's an easy thing to say. I don't agree with your last sentence however, because I know many coins which don't do anything, just have some hype and not any actual features and regular (or any) development. I think that active development is one of the most important factors for a coin's health and attractiveness. Why we don't have more people interested in BiblePay, it's anyone's guess, but I would say it has a lot to do with the name itself and the religious features, and that is the hardest obstacle which we may never overcome.

True, there's a lot of empty-calorie projects out there. I also think the name isn't helping. When I hear Biblepay, I think of Paypal, or some method of paying for goods. But as we know, adoption of a coin is a really rare and limited thing. So when someone asks, "What can I pay for with Biblepay?", we can only say Subway sandwiches?

I don't think religion is the issue, other than certain people inserting their personal religious beliefs in the discussions here and on SX chat. If a person doesn't agree with those beliefs, it can be off-putting, even if the person is Christian. I'd like to see BBP more inclusive, focusing on its core values rather than when the world is going to end.
The same happened a long time ago when inblue posted something that I was hiding proposals.  We all know now that this rule only affected pool.biblepay.org's display characteristics for a replacement poll.  It was never for the core wallet (core wallet has never pulled any proposals from an API ever).  And it was a feature for a replacement proposal so that vendors can ask a proposal be reentered when we see we are going overbudget at the end of the month.  Then I saw some kind of "proof" in the post with txid's showing that I hid the first proposal.  Yes, it was proof that two proposals were in the system and both were able to be seen in the core wallet.  The latter one was valid for voting.

So as an example, if inblue said "Hey Rob, could you please explain why I see this first instance and this instance"?  I would have never deleted the post.  It was written like "you bast***, you have now been Proven to be a Liar!".   Btw, I have already forgiven him for that as can be seen in the QT thread.

Ah, here we go again... You really shouldn't have used this as an example, now bringing attention to that event again. This sentence of yours is all what is needed to be done with this conflict:

It was a feature for a replacement proposal so that vendors can ask a proposal be reentered when we see we are going overbudget at the end of the month.

So clearly you didn't use the feature as intended, since we were not going overbudget that month. Even if you argue that we were going overbudget, the proposal was immediately reentered for the same month, instead of waiting for the next one. But even if you argue that it could now fit the budget after a tiny BBP reduction, the proposal was evidently rejected and could not win, so it shouldn't be reentered. You misused that feature because the proposal received a lot of negative votes, but you really wanted it to succeed because you already paid from your pocket. It's very simple.

And saying you "forgave" me for my undeniable blockchain proof, what a joke, you are a master of manipulation, because the situation is the other way around - it's only others who can forgive you for your misconduct. You know, you would look like a bigger man if you admitted your mistake and moved on, instead of raging.

It seems like Rob sees himself as a saint with no evil coming from his sinful human mind. Ultimately, this is the frustration that all will face. If Rob is never wrong, then it automatically means that you are always wrong. That's the definition of a toxic relationship.
The same happened a long time ago when inblue posted something that I was hiding proposals.  We all know now that this rule only affected pool.biblepay.org's display characteristics for a replacement poll.  It was never for the core wallet (core wallet has never pulled any proposals from an API ever).  And it was a feature for a replacement proposal so that vendors can ask a proposal be reentered when we see we are going overbudget at the end of the month.  Then I saw some kind of "proof" in the post with txid's showing that I hid the first proposal.  Yes, it was proof that two proposals were in the system and both were able to be seen in the core wallet.  The latter one was valid for voting.

So as an example, if inblue said "Hey Rob, could you please explain why I see this first instance and this instance"?  I would have never deleted the post.  It was written like "you bast***, you have now been Proven to be a Liar!".   Btw, I have already forgiven him for that as can be seen in the QT thread.

Ah, here we go again... You really shouldn't have used this as an example, now bringing attention to that event again. This sentence of yours is all what is needed to be done with this conflict:

It was a feature for a replacement proposal so that vendors can ask a proposal be reentered when we see we are going overbudget at the end of the month.

So clearly you didn't use the feature as intended, since we were not going overbudget that month. Even if you argue that we were going overbudget, the proposal was immediately reentered for the same month, instead of waiting for the next one. But even if you argue that it could now fit the budget after a tiny BBP reduction, the proposal was evidently rejected and could not win, so it shouldn't be reentered. You misused that feature because the proposal received a lot of negative votes, but you really wanted it to succeed because you already paid from your pocket. It's very simple.

And saying you "forgave" me for my undeniable blockchain proof, what a joke, you are a master of manipulation, because the situation is the other way around - it's only others who can forgive you for your misconduct. You know, you would look like a bigger man if you admitted your mistake and moved on, instead of raging.
Which coins are trading at 4sats and have a masternode requirement of a few thousand dollars?

I think the masternode issue is just an outgrowth of the pricing problem with BBP. Turning 4 sats into a few thousand dollars is a lot more difficult than turning Dash's $100 price into $100K masternodes. ($100K  = 1000 times $100 price for Dash). By my math, it takes 1.4 million times price of $0.000203 for a BBP masternode at $300.  BBP is a far more expensive.

You needlessly convert to dollars - you don't need math, it's simply 1.55m coins for a BBP masternode and 1000 coins for a Dash masternode. But you missed something - BiblePay is one of the larger circulation coins out there. In fact, its circulation is 1.5b, while Dash's is 8.7m, which is about 170 times more coins. So to be able to make an analogous comparison between the two, we need to divide the 1.55m masternode cost by 170, which is around 9000 BBP. So a BBP masternode is 9 times more expensive in relative terms than a Dash masternode, but not 1500 times. But in absolute terms, it's extremely cheap. Of course, it's all about the price - if we had a 9 times higher price like we used to (36 sats), that would solve the cheap masternode problem.

At a daily volume of around $250M, Dash has a masternode cost of .004 DailiyVolume. BBP has a mastnerode cost around a day's total trading volume. BBP is far less liquid, and is more expensive percentage-wise for a masternode.

I agree, liquidity is terrible in BBP.

Raising the masternode requirement does nothing to make the coin more attractive. It just makes it more expensive for prospective investors.

For wannabe investors, yes, but for any average investor, $300 is not even worth looking at. I mean the monthly income is not worth the hassle and hosting fees. If you are so confident that raising the masternode requirement is bad, then why not lower it? Let's make it cost $50, what do you say?

What will make a difference is to get some trading volume and buying pressure that is organic to growth, and not just inflating volume by raising masternode requirements. I wish less effort was being made towards new features that are cool but may not help pricing.

I agree we should have more organic growth, but that's an easy thing to say. I don't agree with your last sentence however, because I know many coins which don't do anything, just have some hype and not any actual features and regular (or any) development. I think that active development is one of the most important factors for a coin's health and attractiveness. Why we don't have more people interested in BiblePay, it's anyone's guess, but I would say it has a lot to do with the name itself and the religious features, and that is the hardest obstacle which we may never overcome.
I agree about Rob's masternode power, but still I support increasing the masternode requirements. Dash masternode is worth over $100k and any serious coin is in the few thousand range. We are at $300. That's too low for the average investor. Also, I think we would have a side effect of more buying pressure on the market, because it will be required for someone to be able to buy enough coins for a masternode.

I think the masternode issue is just an outgrowth of the pricing problem with BBP. Turning 4 sats into a few thousand dollars is a lot more difficult than turning Dash's $100 price into $100K masternodes. ($100K  = 1000 times $100 price for Dash). By my math, it takes 1.4 million times price of $0.000203 for a BBP masternode at $300.  BBP is a far more expensive.

Expressed as a percentage of daily volume, the two are even farther apart. At a daily volume of around $250M, Dash has a masternode cost of .004 DailiyVolume. BBP has a mastnerode cost around a day's total trading volume. BBP is far less liquid, and is more expensive percentage-wise for a masternode.

Raising the masternode requirement does nothing to make the coin more attractive. It just makes it more expensive for prospective investors. What will make a difference is to get some trading volume and buying pressure that is organic to growth, and not just inflating volume by raising masternode requirements. I wish less effort was being made towards new features that are cool but may not help pricing.

As expected, Rob threw me under the bus at the SouthXchange chat and BTC Talk thread calling me a liar about his 40M creating 25 masternodes on Sunday/Monday and voting with them to move the vote closer to 4.5M BBP required for a masternode. It is all public blockchain data for anyone to analyze:

It all starts here:
http://explorer.biblepay.org/tx/9179c226c27bf76a525de7bd8f87aeae9966a298bd402253a0de5dad62a28ce0

I agree about Rob's masternode power, but still I support increasing the masternode requirements. Dash masternode is worth over $100k and any serious coin is in the few thousand range. We are at $300. That's too low for the average investor. Also, I think we would have a side effect of more buying pressure on the market, because it will be required for someone to be able to buy enough coins for a masternode.

I think the masternode issue is just an outgrowth of the pricing problem with BBP. Turning 4 sats into a few thousand dollars is a lot more difficult than turning Dash's $100 price into $100K masternodes. ($100K  = 1000 times $100 price for Dash). By my math, it takes 1.4 million times price of $0.000203 for a BBP masternode at $300.  BBP is a far more expensive.

Expressed as a percentage of daily volume, the two are even farther apart. At a daily volume of around $250M, Dash has a masternode cost of .004 DailiyVolume. BBP has a mastnerode cost around a day's total trading volume. BBP is far less liquid, and is more expensive percentage-wise for a masternode.

Raising the masternode requirement does nothing to make the coin more attractive. It just makes it more expensive for prospective investors. What will make a difference is to get some trading volume and buying pressure that is organic to growth, and not just inflating volume by raising masternode requirements. I wish less effort was being made towards new features that are cool but may not help pricing.
Pages:
Jump to: