Pages:
Author

Topic: bit pit - (LP, ESMPPS, 8-decimal payout, SSL, API, 0% fee, Almost 0% Stales!) - page 2. (Read 80568 times)

Activity: 607
Merit: 500
good news!
i had a very quick reply in an email i sent to the bitp team
they state that they are resolving a hosting issue and the pool will be back ASAP! Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
the pool is down!
i wanted to know if the pool has been left on its own, no support?

I want to know this myself. I love this pool and have stuck with it from the beginning. The whole 'NodeJS' backend and the new ESMPPS system, coupled with almost 0% stales kept me hanging on. Ever since the pool started getting DDoS'd regularly and the hash rate dropped, this thread has ground to a halt. There have been no status updates on the pool since Aug 27! I know things happen, but we've been left in the dark for so long. If we knew what the issues were maybe some of us could have offered some help? I'm sad to see it just die off like this. I'm sure I'm not the only one. What's going on 1bitc0inplz?
+1
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
I'm also concerned. I have half of the bitcoins I've ever mined in the hands of this pool. Lesson learned, I guess.

Hopefully the admins are just temporarily away. lowentropy was last active on these forums September 9, and I've called and left a message for Jospeh Holsten, another admin.
Activity: 9
Merit: 0
the pool is down!

I want to know this myself. I love this pool and have stuck with it from the beginning. The whole 'NodeJS' backend and the new ESMPPS system, coupled with almost 0% stales kept me hanging on. Ever since the pool started getting DDoS'd regularly and the hash rate dropped, this thread has ground to a halt. There have been no status updates on the pool since Aug 27! I know things happen, but we've been left in the dark for so long. If we knew what the issues were maybe some of us could have offered some help? I'm sad to see it just die off like this. I'm sure I'm not the only one. What's going on 1bitc0inplz?
Activity: 607
Merit: 500
the pool is down!
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1000
hi,

do you have any plans for merged mining?

if you want to discuss it i opened a thread a here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/thoughts-and-questions-on-btc-pools-and-merged-mining-44546
Activity: 28
any news? hashrate is down to 18gh and the pool is really hard to reach sometimes, so I switched over to deepbit as backup, till you solved that damn ddos problem... Undecided don't let that kiddies get you down!

cheers iro
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Damn DDoS Sad
The pool is offline..

It's been pretty rocky - our VPS provider randomly decided to shut down the cluster of proxies we'd set up to mitigate the (ongoing) attack.
Activity: 686
Merit: 259
Damn DDoS Sad
The pool is offline..
Activity: 27
I just did that, I'll check in in the morning to see how it goes and how to do it right.  Roll Eyes
Activity: 56
Merit: 22
Freenode.net is an IRC server. #BitP.it is the channel we chat on. It's some kind of old chatbox!
You could always use the webchat Wink
Hi, have a good day.

Any progress on something to show historical shares in each round for each individual? Now that this doesn't directly relate to BTC earned it would make things more transparent and clearly show the "unders and overs" system in action. It would also allow us to see our Pot of BTC remaining to even things out during a long round.

There has been good progress made on that, and I have all those numbers you ask for in our database. Unfortunately this past week has got us sidetracked fighting off DDoS attacks  Angry

For the stability of the pool, this dictates that we must spend some more time applying some of our lessons learned and attempt to reduce the effects of further attacks.

I do not want to attempt to guess when we will feel comfortable with our additional measures and be able to return to developing features. However, I completely understand the interest in trying to be transparent. If you (or anyone else) wants up to the minute details on those stats, do not hesitate to #bitp.it on irc.freenode.net and I'll be glad to give you all the information I can. Considering we haven't yet exposed that via the UI, it's the least I can do.

Never used it and wouldn't know how http://serve.mysmiley.net/confused/confused0024.gif

Besides, as long as there is progress and I can expect to see this soon then a week or two is not going to make much difference.

Keep up the good work
Activity: 112
Hi, have a good day.

Any progress on something to show historical shares in each round for each individual? Now that this doesn't directly relate to BTC earned it would make things more transparent and clearly show the "unders and overs" system in action. It would also allow us to see our Pot of BTC remaining to even things out during a long round.

There has been good progress made on that, and I have all those numbers you ask for in our database. Unfortunately this past week has got us sidetracked fighting off DDoS attacks  Angry

For the stability of the pool, this dictates that we must spend some more time applying some of our lessons learned and attempt to reduce the effects of further attacks.

I do not want to attempt to guess when we will feel comfortable with our additional measures and be able to return to developing features. However, I completely understand the interest in trying to be transparent. If you (or anyone else) wants up to the minute details on those stats, do not hesitate to #bitp.it on irc.freenode.net and I'll be glad to give you all the information I can. Considering we haven't yet exposed that via the UI, it's the least I can do.
Hi, have a good day.

Good morning Bitcoin world!
Activity: 504
Merit: 502
Dont stress to much about it, just wanted to let you know.

I understand.
Well the problem for me is that I submitted between 8-10k shares which never got accounted/paid/estimated during the block.

I guess they are lost now but it did submit to the server during the timeframe people posted in here that stats dont update ;/

I do believe you, and I am extremely sorry about the situation. I wish there was a way I could find out what all was lost during the downtime (for everyone), but unfortunately if the queue crossed the high water mark and started discarding new messages there is no hope of recovering those.

I know it doesn't make up for anybodies lost work, but if it's any conciliation, I am working right now on some steps to attempt and limit the impact of future attacks of this nature. I am not saying it will stop the attacks, as attacks of this nature of purely a cat and mouse game, but hopefully it will mitigate some of the symptoms.
New shares is being added now however I didnt receive any credit for the shares I submitted while the stats werent updated.

1bitcoinplz can you tell me how you will resolve the missing credit please, I cant waste my time mining on a pool like that.

I apologize for the downtime. We've been under some form of an attack (some form of DDoS I suspect) for going on a week. Last night was by far the worst, it brought the entire system offline. In fact, somewhere in the whole mess our accounting process locked up and was offline for about 6 hours.

I restarted it the first thing when I noticed it (when I woke up). It processed every share in it's queue. All shares in the queue were accounted for.

If shares are "missing" it could be for one of two things. Our pool was offline a lot, and therefore your expected share rate per hour would not be equal to what we were all actually getting.

If shares were missing for any other reason, it's probable that the sheer number of shares in the queue exceeded the high water mark. If  that is the case, then the attackers have screwed us all over pretty big  Sad

Well the problem for me is that I submitted between 8-10k shares which never got accounted/paid/estimated during the block.

I guess they are lost now but it did submit to the server during the timeframe people posted in here that stats dont update ;/
New shares is being added now however I didnt receive any credit for the shares I submitted while the stats werent updated.

1bitcoinplz can you tell me how you will resolve the missing credit please, I cant waste my time mining on a pool like that.

I apologize for the downtime. We've been under some form of an attack (some form of DDoS I suspect) for going on a week. Last night was by far the worst, it brought the entire system offline. In fact, somewhere in the whole mess our accounting process locked up and was offline for about 6 hours.

I restarted it the first thing when I noticed it (when I woke up). It processed every share in it's queue. All shares in the queue were accounted for.

If shares are "missing" it could be for one of two things. Our pool was offline a lot, and therefore your expected share rate per hour would not be equal to what we were all actually getting.

If shares were missing for any other reason, it's probable that the sheer number of shares in the queue exceeded the high water mark. If  that is the case, then the attackers have screwed us all over pretty big  Sad

Pages:
Jump to: