Pages:
Author

Topic: bit pit - (LP, ESMPPS, 8-decimal payout, SSL, API, 0% fee, Almost 0% Stales!) - page 8. (Read 80568 times)

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
... and iill come back to your pool when fair reward will be given Wink

We totally understand, and you're welcome back any time! Sorry to everyone that it's taking so long Smiley In addition to the testing, it's been long hours at the day job lately.  Tongue
Activity: 41
Merit: 0
... and iill come back to your pool when fair reward will be given Wink
thats very bad, this will not even pay my electricity costs

Even if the pool's hashrate falls, your expected BTC per your hashrate is the same. This is reflected by your estimated reward rising. Now, in a proportional pool, long rounds do suck, because they pay you less than average value for your shares. But we've had many quick rounds too, that paid more than an average one. The goal of ESMPPS is to even out your reward over time, and not feel the pinch of long rounds (or reap extra benefits from short rounds). We're working on it Smiley We are testing the code thoroughly, because when it comes to accounting for your BTC, you can't be too careful.

my estimated reward rise from 3,3 to 4 btc after 5 day of mining with 4 gh/s

i hope that isnt true estimation ...

Your estimated reward is correct, and that is one of the problems with proportional rewards. This is why we are going to be rolling out ESMPPS for round 16, to ensure that everybody is paid fairly for their time.

thats very bad, this will not even pay my electricity costs
Activity: 686
Merit: 259
14 GH/S?
Yesterday we was at 50..
Activity: 112

my estimated reward rise from 3,3 to 4 btc after 5 day of mining with 4 gh/s

Your estimated reward is correct, and that is one of the problems with proportional rewards. This is why we are going to be rolling out ESMPPS for round 16, to ensure that everybody is paid fairly for their time.
14Ghash/s now.

wtf?

we will never find that block Sad

my estimated reward rise from 3,3 to 4 btc after 5 days of mining with 4 gh/s

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
bit pit - ~85 GH/s (LP, Prop, SSL, API, 0% fee, Almost 0% Stales!)
is that still valid ?

Not for long  Smiley

We are putting the finishing touches on ESMPPS, and with luck, will start round 16 as our first ESMPPS round. I will let everyone know when we've deployed our changes, until then we're prop.
Activity: 226
Merit: 100
love your pool, second everything about the interface and the setup of workers.
i'd love to have automated payout, tho.
i mine to three different pools and yours is the one with manual payout - if you would please incorporate the OPTION to be payed every _____ BTC? if possible, plz add email alert.

also, if you could get David Greene of Miner Status for Android to incorporate bitpit, that'd be swell.

Thank you!

Automated payouts is definitely something we want to add. We just got slowed down with this change to ESMPPS. Hopefully in the next day or two we'll be back to coding features.
Hi,

In the JSON API for user stats, "estimated_reward" is spelt as "estimated_reword".

Regards,
Koo

It looks like you are correct, I'll reword that immediately.

Just trying to keep those hoppers at bay  Smiley
legendary
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
love your pool, second everything about the interface and the setup of workers.
i'd love to have automated payout, tho.
i mine to three different pools and yours is the one with manual payout - if you would please incorporate the OPTION to be payed every _____ BTC? if possible, plz add email alert.

also, if you could get David Greene of Miner Status for Android to incorporate bitpit, that'd be swell.
donator
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.
Hi,

In the JSON API for user stats, "estimated_reward" is spelt as "estimated_reword".

Regards,
Koo

Yes, you'll need to reword it. A HA HA HA HA HAAAAA! *sigh*
Activity: 444
Merit: 254
Hi,

Regards,
Koo
legendary
Activity: 1708
Merit: 1019
Just a quick update for everyone. The implementation of ESMPPS is coming along nicely. We hope to have this rolled out "soon".

With it, we will also be re-enabling stats and APIs. Also, we are going ahead and supporting 8-digit payouts. The new behavior will be full 8-digit payouts, with a minimum payout of 0.01 BTC.

I thought I'd share some good news with everyone  Smiley
yippieh Cheesy
Just a quick update for everyone. The implementation of ESMPPS is coming along nicely. We hope to have this rolled out "soon".

With it, we will also be re-enabling stats and APIs. Also, we are going ahead and supporting 8-digit payouts. The new behavior will be full 8-digit payouts, with a minimum payout of 0.01 BTC.

I thought I'd share some good news with everyone  Smiley
donator
Poor impulse control.
If I had to guess, I would say that people mining at your pool made more when the pool was being hopped than they did when it wasn't.  Sure they may have gotten a slightly smaller payout per block, but this 50Ghash pool discovered 9 blocks in under 5 days.  That is ridiculous for a 50Ghash pool.  Almost 2 blocks a day.  I don't have the statistics obviously, but I'd bet miners at this pool absolutely made more per 24 hour period while the pool was being hopped than they will/have without the hopping.

Actually, it's reduced our member's payouts to approximately 75% of what they would have been. Where else do you think the hopper's take their additional income from  Wink

Here is a simulation using parameters in line with the hash rate flucturations our pool was receiving:

Code:
=== Prop ===

| Average       | Median        | Min           | Max           | Variance          
-------------------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+---------------+-------------------
Honest Earnings          | 720.8945      | 721.8807      | 690.2052      | 739.4789      | 78.5162          
Hopper Earnings          | 1848.3674     | 1842.9480     | 1783.1904     | 1947.1667     | 1126.3150        
Honest Shares            | 28326150.0621 | 28356810.6817 | 25249228.2421 | 30468502.4626 | 1278454932311.3887
Hopper Shares            | 31161689.6574 | 31166729.5802 | 29928070.3722 | 32233605.3469 | 178450276113.6692
Honest Payout Percentage | 76.4419       | 76.4535       | 71.7608       | 82.0071       | 5.6908            
Hopper Payout Percentage | 177.9985      | 177.1536      | 166.3651      | 195.1847      | 23.3973          

Yep, that's about what I get at most pools. With variance it's usually 140% to 200%.
donator
Poor impulse control.
It seems counter-intuitive that hopping actually gains more BTC for your users, but in many cases especially for smaller pools it happens.

This was purely one thing: luck.

Amazing how that luck ended on the first round after the pool started defending against hopping.

From 9 blocks in 143 hours WITH hopping to what will eventually be 1 block in now 70 hours and counting WITHOUT hopping. 

Yes, but each share is worth more than when hoppers are present. The increased hashrate that helps solve blocks quicker means that even with more blocks you non-hoppers end up with less cash than they would if the blocks had been solved without the hashrate boost.

Also keep in mind that the pool profits more with the hopper boost than without, so they're changing scoring for the pool member's benefit more than their own direct benefit.

Finally, all you can say about the variance of total shares in a block is: long block is long.
It seems counter-intuitive that hopping actually gains more BTC for your users, but in many cases especially for smaller pools it happens.

This was purely one thing: luck.

Amazing how that luck ended on the first round after the pool started defending against hopping.

From 9 blocks in 143 hours WITH hopping to what will eventually be 1 block in now 70 hours and counting WITHOUT hopping.  

Edit:  90 hours and counting now without a block.  At this point with hopping bitp.it had solved 6 blocks.  6 blocks with slightly reduced payment seems better than 1 block with full payment to me.
Pages:
Jump to: