Pages:
Author

Topic: bit pit - (LP, ESMPPS, 8-decimal payout, SSL, API, 0% fee, Almost 0% Stales!) - page 21. (Read 80690 times)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10
A lot of people are simply scared of change.  It's a tough market out there for pools who started in June and thereafter.

Indeed, on both counts  Smiley
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Throwing my hash to help kill the block... or nurture it  Huh

p.s. This pool is so bad that I get 0.12 stale shares!!  And by bad I mean good  Grin  If only this pool hit 500 Gh+ it would be a lean, mean, block bustin machine.

Awww shucks Tx, thanks! We appreciate it  Cheesy

It seems pretty hard to get new users these days. We love every one of you!!!

A lot of people are simply scared of change.  It's a tough market out there for pools who started in June and thereafter.
Activity: 84

p.s. This pool is so bad that I get 0.12 stale shares!!  And by bad I mean good  Grin  If only this pool hit 500 Gh+ it would be a lean, mean, block bustin machine.

Awww shucks Tx, thanks! We appreciate it  Cheesy

It seems pretty hard to get new users these days. We love every one of you!!!
Activity: 182

Activity: 360
Merit: 250
will it fall before or after 4 million, hmmmmmmmm

Seems pretty likely we'll pass 4 million, at this point  Cry

Seems pretty likely we'll pass 4 million, at this point  Cry
I've updated the OP to reflect our bounty  Cheesy
same problem with hashrate here.  Had been off this pool for a few days but have been back on for an hour and it says my hashrate is 1.1489 Mhps instead of 370, happens on 2 different miners.  Now, each refresh does bring it up little by little.

Thanks for the report! I just found a bug - if you'd previously mined with us and just returned, your hashrate will be reported low for a while (until you submit ~200 shares per worker). I'll fix this soon, but if you wait a bit more your rate should jump upwards.
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
same problem with hashrate here.  Had been off this pool for a few days but have been back on for an hour and it says my hashrate is 1.1489 Mhps instead of 370, happens on 2 different miners.  Now, each refresh does bring it up little by little.
Activity: 18
Merit: 0
i think the hashrate thing is broke, it says my miners are only doing 49mh total, not the 1.25gh they are really doing

By the way, if you ever notice any problems you can get ahold of us immediately by clicking the feedback tab on the side of any page, or emailing the address at the bottom of the stats console page.
i think the hashrate thing is broke, it says my miners are only doing 49mh total, not the 1.25gh they are really doing

I'll look into that right away, thanks for the tip.
I'm really tired of this round Tongue

So i'm offering a 5 BTC bounty to whoever can kill it. With extreme prejudice.  Grin
Very satisified so far, we also should be around the 95%-percentile so it shouldn't be too long before a block is found. Stats bar looks nice. Just one question: why do you display "score" in the dashboard? are you using prop or score at the moment?

We used to do scoring, so it's kind of a hold-over. Right now what this displays is your % of the top contributor. So the top guy on the leaderboard has a score of 100, if you have half his shares you have 50, etc. I'm not sure it's really useful anymore  Smiley
Activity: 126
Very satisified so far, we also should be around the 95%-percentile so it shouldn't be too long before a block is found. Stats bar looks nice. Just one question: why do you display "score" in the dashboard? are you using prop or score at the moment?
Activity: 686
Merit: 259
And, most noticeably, we've added a global stats bar to the top of the website (including the homepage). This status bar auto-refreshes approximately every minute, so if you're anything like me you can see if we've solved our next block yet without constantly hitting refresh on your browser  Cheesy

Love it  Grin
Now guests can see the hash rate too! Nice!
P.S: Thanks for the article review! I still have to add a lot of things Cheesy
Just a quick update everyone. We just did an update to the site and have a couple of goodies for everyone.

Firstly, we've reworked our entire hash rate estimation and we feel that this will provide a much more accurate hash rate estimation for everyone. Let us know this is working for you.

And, most noticeably, we've added a global stats bar to the top of the website (including the homepage). This status bar auto-refreshes approximately every minute, so if you're anything like me you can see if we've solved our next block yet without constantly hitting refresh on your browser  Cheesy
We've just started tracking response time as well, so I'm looking forward to telling you about that in a month or so.

Welcome Joe!

For the purpose of validating him, I would like to introduce everyone to the 3rd (and final) member of bitp.it.   Smiley
I'm all in... switched to poclbm which has integrated failover, so no more need for the mining proxy. Absolutely stable and stale rate near to 0%.

Absolutely the best pool for me so far! Now I just hope that this very long current round is going to be over soon.

Thank you very much.

We are still working on the mining proxy bug. Just for the sake of explaining everything, this is actually the intersection of two bugs. One bug in PHP (which is what the proxy is written in) and one bug in Node.js (which is what our pool is written in). Apparently PHP sends an erroneous CRLF on HTTP POSTs, which is against the spec. Apparently, also, Node.js refuses to process such a request.

This bug in Node.js has been documented here: https://github.com/joyent/node/issues/1165

We are still unsure how we can best resolve this until Node.js (or PHP) fix their respective bugs, but we are still investigating options.

Sorry it took so long, but I am glad to hear that you found another way to achieve failover.
Pages:
Jump to: