Pages:
Author

Topic: bit pit - (LP, ESMPPS, 8-decimal payout, SSL, API, 0% fee, Almost 0% Stales!) - page 22. (Read 80690 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
I'm all in... switched to poclbm which has integrated failover, so no more need for the mining proxy.

I'm sorry you've needed failover. Since we've opened the pool, we've kept 99.84% uptime. That's may strike you as good reliability, but I know we can do better. Over half of that time was spent in our last major deploy on June 12, when we switched to a system that lets us hot deploy with no downtime. Since then we've kept 99.93% uptime, with only one bad deploy taking us down for 12m on June 18.

We've just started tracking response time as well, so I'm looking forward to telling you about that in a month or so.
Activity: 686
Merit: 259
1.5 GH/s - btw, why does your signature say "mining at EclipseMC"?
Shit.. I thought I edited that but it seems I didn't.
I was mining at EclipseMC but I was getting too much stales and the admin wasn't very active. I really like 1bitc0inplz Cheesy
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
1.5 GH/s - btw, why does your signature say "mining at EclipseMC"?
I'm all in... switched to poclbm which has integrated failover, so no more need for the mining proxy. Absolutely stable and stale rate near to 0%.

Absolutely the best pool for me so far! Now I just hope that this very long current round is going to be over soon.
Thanks for joining! Just for curiosity, what's your hashrate?
I'm all in... switched to poclbm which has integrated failover, so no more need for the mining proxy. Absolutely stable and stale rate near to 0%.

Absolutely the best pool for me so far! Now I just hope that this very long current round is going to be over soon.

Keep up the great work everybody. This current round is a tough one, but probability is quickly shifting in our favor  Smiley
Round duration:   8 days, 6 hours, 12 minutes, 34 seconds

ç______ç
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
Thanks all, we appreciate your support.

Yes, we did write our own custom stack. We feel that this is one of the main reasons our stale shares are much lower than anybody else's.

Will it scale?

Undoubtably there will be the point where we hit a wall of some type. The question is, how can we scale past that issue. Right now current research indicates that pools hit scaling issues at the 350-450 GH/s, at which point they hit the limit that a single instance of bitcoind can handle. Considering this is the only piece of our stack we didn't write ourselves, this is highly likely also a wall for us.

However, that being said, we've already made some architectural choices that should allow us to scale past this without issues. We are even investigating how to remove bitcoind entirely from the equation, or at the least remove the burden of inter-process communication with it.

Keep up the great work everybody. This current round is a tough one, but probability is quickly shifting in our favor  Smiley
Im very impressed until now. How do you do it to get so few stales? This should be a top pool.
1bitc0inplz coded on his own the pool software, thats how we get 0 stales Cheesy
Yeah, but we don't have enough hash rate to get in top 10 either.. Sad

Yes, I know, what I meant is that I am surpirsed that more miners did not jump in. No fees and almost no stales? What else can anyone ask? And with 10 or 20 "normal" miners moving in your could get 200GH/s and then it would probably snowball. Do you think the system would scale with higher loads? (You probably are going to say YES! but lets hear it).
What you mean with scale? You mean balance the load of all the new miners? Well, you must ask 1bitc0inplz for that Tongue
But since we are running on a powerful dedicated server, I think we can  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1001
Radix-The Decentralized Finance Protocol
Im very impressed until now. How do you do it to get so few stales? This should be a top pool.
1bitc0inplz coded on his own the pool software, thats how we get 0 stales Cheesy

Yes, I know, what I meant is that I am surpirsed that more miners did not jump in. No fees and almost no stales? What else can anyone ask? And with 10 or 20 "normal" miners moving in your could get 200GH/s and then it would probably snowball. Do you think the system would scale with higher loads? (You probably are going to say YES! but lets hear it).
Ive pointed 1 of my miners to your pool to try it out. Right now is working fine, not even one stale. If this continue this way, when you find the current block Ill point the other 3 as well.
Thanks!
We would appreciate your other 3 miners as well, that would definitely help use increase our hash rate.

Activity: 607
Merit: 500
@admin:
in order to make visible the very low stales plz add something like that in statistics:
Shares this round:   xxxxxx  (% of stale shares)
Wink
legendary
Ive pointed 1 of my miners to your pool to try it out. Right now is working fine, not even one stale. If this continue this way, when you find the current block Ill point the other 3 as well.
Thanks!
We would appreciate your other 3 miners as well, that would definitely help use increase our hash rate.

Thanks!
legendary
Give me a shout when the pool can handle getworks from the mining proxy, I can offer about 1.4 GH/s Smiley

I will send you a PM.

We've been working non-stop on this, and it's very strange to say the least. But, we've isolated the issue. We just need to figure out *why* it's occurring Huh

I appreciate your patience, and look forward to seeing you on our leaderboard.
Give me a shout when the pool can handle getworks from the mining proxy, I can offer about 1.4 GH/s Smiley
We need some more hashpower  Roll Eyes
This block is so long.. 7 days..

Indeed, we do need more hashing power. I guess people prefer their stale shares and downtime that those "other" pools offer, lol  Smiley

We need some more hashpower  Roll Eyes
This block is so long.. 7 days..
wow, sounds good! I'll jump over to bit pit as soon as you got it working!

Thanks  Cheesy

I've been working all day on it... it's a rather odd "bug". Apparently this mining proxy uses HTTP/1.0, and apparently our backend (despite having received your getwork request and processed it) just hangs up and doesn't send the contents we've written to the response.

Very odd to say the least.

However, after you brought this to our attention, and once we started suspecting it had something to do with HTTP/1.0, we reviewed our server logs in more detail and found that others (from no-telling which mining software) have encountered this before.

We appreciate you bringing this to our attention, and it has quickly become our top priority.
wow, sounds good! I'll jump over to bit pit as soon as you got it working!
Pages:
Jump to: