Pages:
Author

Topic: bit pit - (LP, ESMPPS, 8-decimal payout, SSL, API, 0% fee, Almost 0% Stales!) - page 25. (Read 80690 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Is there a problem with site getting it to stay constant so i can login and setup workers not happening it is constantly taking me to
add wallet id and i cant get past it and i already have set it and saved it.

and I i cant login in from another ip i guess with his server which makes it very inconvenient
Activity: 226
Activity: 53
Merit: 0
Well, what if when setting up your account you actually had 2 passwords, one for logging in/managing workers and another to manage wallet/passwords and payouts?  Another thing I just thought of is a image verification/pin code like I have seen at banks.

You are shown a randomized keypad after logging in so instead of:
1 2 3
4 5 6
7 8 9
* 0 #

it may look like:
5 9 4
2 0 3
1 7 6
* 8 #

You click on the images in the correct order (onclicks to build a hashed string for post) and you are in.

This defeats keyloggers as you are clicking at different locations each time.

disabling image caching on the browser and you are secure for all but totally hacked and rooted machines where your screen is recorded.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
for the payout lock it seems like you could keep a datetime of the last wallet change and if the difference < 24 hours, disable the payout button.  Also when you submit the wallet change, trigger an email notification but still allow the change.  If an account is hijacked, that person has 24 hours to recover the account before anything bad happens.

You must also send email notifications to the old email address when the email address is changed and allow some way to recover an account to the previous email address else an attacker could just change the email address, then change the wallet address with no one the wiser.

That's a pretty good suggestion.

On a related note, I wonder how many of us use PGP? Or, would be willing to use PGP to help secure their account.
for the payout lock it seems like you could keep a datetime of the last wallet change and if the difference < 24 hours, disable the payout button.  Also when you submit the wallet change, trigger an email notification but still allow the change.  If an account is hijacked, that person has 24 hours to recover the account before anything bad happens.

You must also send email notifications to the old email address when the email address is changed and allow some way to recover an account to the previous email address else an attacker could just change the email address, then change the wallet address with no one the wiser.
i prefer to choose my worker's name and pass Wink

We agree. This is actually harder than it sounds, trying to migrate the worker's credentials and also the way we treat some of this on the backend will have to change. So, we've been very busy talking about the best way to handle this migration, and we think we have a solution.

We hope to have this to you all in the next few days.
i prefer to choose my worker's name and pass Wink
jasonstx, those are all great suggestions. I will work on getting those added to our task tracker.

In fact, the wallet id lock was something I was prototyping last night. Not sure, exactly, how I want it to work yet... but it is differently something high on my list of things to work on.
I also suggest the IP whitelist option for each worker.  Protect against a ddos on the pool itself.

An API JSON interface for worker stats

A idle notification option for twitter/email/sms notification

A scheduled status notification option for twitter/email/sms notification.

Of course this is just a wishlist of the cool things I have seen at other pools.

tossed 1.3G at you.  You need to add a payout lock and email change warnings.

Thank you.

Also, that is a great suggestion. I have just added that to our task tracker.

I wonder how hard it would be to add something like the google authenticator when changing wallet addresses.

Another idea I saw floating around is wallet addresses as the worker name and only allowing payout to the wallet address of the worker.
This last block dropped after only 121525 shares and about 14 hours.  Cool

I am still amazed how quickly we took care of that last block!

Thank you.

Also, that is a great suggestion. I have just added that to our task tracker.
i am back here also, went and helped ars get their first one, then came back once they had it. hope the luck lasts!!

Welcome back! We appreciate your contribution, that will make finding our 5th block all that much faster.
Activity: 360
Merit: 250
i am back here also, went and helped ars get their first one, then came back once they had it. hope the luck lasts!!
Activity: 84
Thanks zoro!  Cheesy

This last block dropped after only 121525 shares and about 14 hours.  Cool
i saw that the pool is very lucky, 4th block in 4 days!!!!
 i am eager to get back and give all of my hashrate to bit pit!
moreover i would like to thank you guys for your bounty payment (for the 1st block), you are the best! Smiley
3rd block! very nice! congrats to the finder Smiley
it would be nice if we can see the block finders inthe top miners matrix Wink

Yes indeed, congrats to the finder! We are verifying a few things on our end, but they should expect to hear from us shortly.

Updating the leaderboard and/or round history to credit the person who found it (provided they've opted in) isn't a bad idea at all.  Smiley
Woot I can post here now! Thank you for such an awesome pool!

Congrats, and welcome!
Activity: 607
Merit: 500
3rd block! very nice! congrats to the finder Smiley
it would be nice if we can see the block finders inthe top miners matrix Wink
Pages:
Jump to: