Pages:
Author

Topic: bit pit - (LP, ESMPPS, 8-decimal payout, SSL, API, 0% fee, Almost 0% Stales!) - page 28. (Read 80690 times)

Activity: 607
Merit: 500
at last! Cheesy
lets get to the second one fast
we don't have top scorer statistics so we cannot see who found it!
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
We're a zero-fee pool and we're going to stay that way, so to cover costs we plan to offer a-la-carte add-ons. Any add-on we create will be free for those beta testers forever.

Curious.

Any hints to some potential add-ons?

We have a few ideas of things we'd like to add, but we'd rather hear from you guys. What add-ons do you look for in a pool?

Haven't really thought of it.  Maybe some sort of RSS feed for pool miners to get updates periodically on stats such.
We just hit our first block?  Who's the lucky guy =o
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
We're a zero-fee pool and we're going to stay that way, so to cover costs we plan to offer a-la-carte add-ons. Any add-on we create will be free for those beta testers forever.

Curious.

We have a few ideas of things we'd like to add, but we'd rather hear from you guys. What add-ons do you look for in a pool?
Activity: 84
I'd propose score with 0.05*difficulty shares half-life in the long run

An adaptive decay rate is a very interesting concept, thanks!
Activity: 504
FPGA Mining LLC
Hi guys, I wanted to throw out a question to our current miners and anyone who's considering mining with us.

We chose to go with a scoring system because we believe it protects miners from the effects of pool-hopping. TheSeven is correct in his assessment of the very first round; in our first round we grew at much more than a 20% rate and therefore early beta testers take a small hit (most of which is absorbed my myself and 1bitc0inplz). To help counterbalance this, we'll be detailing our ideas for account add-ons shortly, and beta testers will get them all for free!. However, in the long run, 20% growth is abnormal and we still believe that proportional rewards are not fair to honest miners.

But ultimately, we want to listen to what you guys think, and which system you would prefer: proportional, or scoring? Let's open up the floor.

I'd propose score with 0.05*difficulty shares half-life in the long run
Hi guys, I wanted to throw out a question to our current miners and anyone who's considering mining with us.

We chose to go with a scoring system because we believe it protects miners from the effects of pool-hopping. TheSeven is correct in his assessment of the very first round; in our first round we grew at much more than a 20% rate and therefore early beta testers take a small hit (most of which is absorbed my myself and 1bitc0inplz). To help counterbalance this, we'll be detailing our ideas for account add-ons shortly, and beta testers will get them all for free!. However, in the long run, 20% growth is abnormal and we still believe that proportional rewards are not fair to honest miners.

But ultimately, we want to listen to what you guys think, and which system you would prefer: proportional, or scoring? Let's open up the floor.
I hope so ☺

We do too  Cheesy

Keep the mega hashes coming people, the more we get the faster we'll find this thing. The 7 BTC reward is still up for anyone's taking!
We have to be getting close to this block    Cheesy
I signed up and added all 200-300 of my Megahashes, lol.

My other pool's site seems to go down every other day, trying this one on for size! Thanks.

Thank you.
FPGA Mining LLC
While early testers had their expected payout decrease over the weekend (due to more miners joining the pool), the flipside is that the round will now be over sooner.

...which still doesn't make it more fair.

Yes, betatesters should be aware of this and they will get other rewards which might mitigate the problem, but I'd like to discuss the root cause:

Let's define some symbols:
m: Miner's shares per second (assumed to be constant)
pc: Current total pool shares per second at the time the first block is found
pa: Average total pool shares per second until the first block is found
s: Number of shares before the first block is found (assumed to equal the difficulty)
b: Pool's reward for the block (50 BTC)
r: Miner's reward for the first block

Assuming score-based accounting at a high decay rate, r can be approximated as b * m / pc. (Proportional would be b * m / pa.)
The time to find the block will be s / pa. So the miner's reward per second of mining will be b * m / s * pa / pc.

b * m / s is the fair part of that. It means that the miner gets rewarded for that share of a block that he would have managed to reach by soloing the same amount of time (on average).

Multiplying this by pa / pc is the unfair part. Share-based accounting is usually fair because pa / pc is close to 1 once a pool has taken off. However it is more like 0.3 for bitp.it's first round, and that's what seems to make beta testers angry.

Using proportional accounting for the first round (where pool hopping isn't an issue anyway) would change that formula to b * m / s * pa / pa = b * m / s, which is perfectly fair.

While I don't expect bitp.it to switch to this during the current round, this might be valuable advice for other people wanting to kick off a pool:
Use proportional accounting until hash rate growth per block drops below 20% (which shouldn't take long), after that switch to score-based accounting with a sane decay factor.

Curious.

Changing the decay rate for this round wouldn't even fix this problem, the only possible solutions to this are either switching the first round to proportional (pool hopping is not a concern here) or paying some bonus to the beta testers.

While early testers had their expected payout decrease over the weekend (due to more miners joining the pool), the flipside is that the round will now be over sooner. Additionally, we plan to reward beta testers in other ways...

FPGA Mining LLC
"your new hashes count more than your old hashes"

WRONG. What you are doing is: Your old hashes are worth nothing. while Round duration: 9 days, 10 hours, 45 minutes, 47 seconds

"you should continue mining until they find the block to maximise your payout."

maximise your payout == not get absolute zero for your hard work

Ridiculous.

While a score-based payment might be fair once there are short rounds and pool hashrate is relatively stable during each block, it definitely is largely unfair to the early adopters right now, who basically get paid for way less than half of their work, compared to proportinal.
The reason for this is that the pool hashrate has rised by a huge factor during the current block, which makes a score based payment unfair by design (favoring the late-joiners), especially if there is a ridiculously fast decay (100 times as fast as neccessary to make pool hopping unattractive).

This will obviously annoy all those beta testers who tried to help you fix all the rough edges and basically lost like a week of mining reward because of this, compared to what they would have earned if they would have mined for another pool (no matter whether it's a pps/scrore/proportional one).
Changing the decay rate for this round wouldn't even fix this problem, the only possible solutions to this are either switching the first round to proportional (pool hopping is not a concern here) or paying some bonus to the beta testers.
FPGA Mining LLC
Can you explain me what happened!

I have an account at your pool! I've being mining for several days but my PC restarted and when I reenter the pool I have no workers at all and no rewards at all also I have no e-mail address written and no wallet. When I reenter them and click update it says that it is already used by another user!

WTF?

Thanx

This sounds like your browser logged you out (by losing session cookies during the reboot), but still tries to access your dashboard page.
If this is true, it is nothing to worry about, just log out and back in, and it should work again. Should be fixed on the server side though so that it just shows you the login page instead of a non-working dashboard.
Activity: 714
Psi laju, karavani prolaze.
And id like to se f*word fair payments.
Activity: 607
 a little bit of politeness is good for a forum, other forums are banning users that use the "f" word! Cheesy
i would like to see more statistics, like top miners and pool's luck, something like that Smiley
Activity: 714
Psi laju, karavani prolaze.
that proportional score systems are broken.

Including yours. Dont be an assholes and fix it already (like you said you will, but dont fucking wait and fuck me over).

Pages:
Jump to: