Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin in Economics class? - page 3. (Read 7783 times)

copper member
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
February 16, 2018, 09:18:43 AM
In short, Bitcoin is an asset with built-in deflation. And (fiat) money is debt with built-in inflation.
Activity: 395
Merit: 129
February 16, 2018, 09:05:52 AM
Funny, I took a course in econometrics in 2009 just as bitcoin was coming onto the scene.   It was actually the last college course I took.  Definitely no mention of bitcoin then, but I'm sure somewhere in the thousands of courses being taught that btc is being mentioned.   It's too big not to be at this point.  I hear kids are even using laptops in class nowadays.   Lol

From my experience, the academical world in most of the world is nowadays quite slow in reacting to the emergence of new paradigms. Sometimes they can be as much as decades late in acknowledging new realities. I saw that happening in very specific cases in psychology, political science and physics, so I guess this would likely happen also in economics and other fields as well.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
February 16, 2018, 08:24:30 AM
Even not officially, there are a lot of enlightened teachers that start to examine the cryptocurrency principles in their classes.
I think that in short time there will be masters on the subject.
I agree with that. The teachers that i have met last few days, they are now into cryptocurrency and they are also sharing it to their classes and it is good for me because even bitcoin is not included in their subject they are still trying to share it to the other people like the students because they want to help people even there is no commission or exchange for their kindness.
Activity: 273
Merit: 11
February 16, 2018, 07:37:15 AM
Even not officially, there are a lot of enlightened teachers that start to examine the cryptocurrency principles in their classes.
I think that in short time there will be masters on the subject.
Activity: 62
Merit: 4
February 16, 2018, 04:11:36 AM
I think this is a good idea so many people will be aware that cryptocurrency is not all about scamming people.
Activity: 1041
Merit: 273
February 16, 2018, 04:09:08 AM
bitcoin in the economy class has quite a high rank. because bitcoin can improve the economy of the people so that people who do not have jobs but still have the income to meet their economic needs in everyday life. therefore we should be able to utilize bitcoin as well as possible so that people's economy remains stable. and bitcoin can greatly help the economy many people's to be even better.
In coming two to three years whole degree about bitcoin will be introduced by seeing its progress and many of people are asking for the online courses about bitcoin trading and other fields and some universities are also offering online courses and I think now in economics class bitcoin must be taught to the students because this is their upcoming mode of payment and currency and if you don’t know about it now then it will be very miserable condition for you on future so this suggestion must be implemented.
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
February 15, 2018, 04:18:59 PM
But if the government will realize that, maybe soon they will include bitcoin in their economic classes.
Even if not the government, private schools should accurately take into account the influence of bitcoin and alcoins on the economy and include cryptocurrencies in lessons.
Activity: 588
Merit: 253
February 15, 2018, 12:23:21 PM
I think it's a good idea to put bitcoin into the economic class, because marketcap is growing so it's natural to make bitcoin an economic class, it will make students ready and understand bitcoin.
Activity: 546
Merit: 256
February 15, 2018, 09:47:49 AM

Do you think they are talking about bitcoin in your basic ECON class?

I'm sure they talk about it. But not into too many details. Actually, my girlfriend told me that they spoke about Bitcoin in their Informatic class.

Yeah, some of the students told me that they've been talking about bitcoin in their Taxation class. I think it is not that big thing since they are just asked what do they think about that since bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency. I think it will be said in a lot of classes as long as it is close to the economy type of subject.
In my opinion, it is a big deal to talk about bitcoin in economic classes because it will give bitcoin a exposure that will be a good thing in the market because the people can get ideas about bitcoin and when they got curious or interested in bitcoin then it will result for another demand in the market that will push the price to go up even more.

Being exposed so the price will continue to rise is not the thing here. I do not want people to know only bitcoin as a currency used to have a profit by holding it or trading it. We should also introduce bitcoin to people as a future currency that might be used by the whole world.
Activity: 280
Merit: 101
Blockchain with a Purpose
February 15, 2018, 08:43:52 AM
I don't think so, bitcoin is so latest and the module they are using is the old one. and i don't think there are schools who study crypto currency. But if the government will realize that, maybe soon they will include bitcoin in their economic classes.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 535
Bitcoin- in bullish time
February 15, 2018, 08:33:59 AM

I'm sure they talk about it. But not into too many details. Actually, my girlfriend told me that they spoke about Bitcoin in their Informatic class.

Yeah, some of the students told me that they've been talking about bitcoin in their Taxation class. I think it is not that big thing since they are just asked what do they think about that since bitcoin is a decentralized digital currency. I think it will be said in a lot of classes as long as it is close to the economy type of subject.
In my opinion, it is a big deal to talk about bitcoin in economic classes because it will give bitcoin a exposure that will be a good thing in the market because the people can get ideas about bitcoin and when they got curious or interested in bitcoin then it will result for another demand in the market that will push the price to go up even more.
Activity: 546
Merit: 256
February 15, 2018, 08:25:08 AM

Activity: 31
Merit: 1
February 15, 2018, 08:24:11 AM
Bitcoin is not just Economics. However, i would love to see educational institutions start teaching this new paradigm.

Crypto-economics = Cryptography + economics + game theory

I'd like to know if professors exist who have deep understanding of all these fields, and are teaching this as a course!

In the spirit of Bitcoin, however, such a course should be online and not in a classroom - "Accessible to all" Smiley

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1002
February 15, 2018, 08:22:28 AM

Maybe! In my opinion it is good to have that kind of class in economics which is bitcoin in order the student will able to learned the background and how to earned money it is also include on how to have huge profit as well.In bitcoin it can support their allowance and financial education of students .Students has a good potential in their future with bitcoin and also had an idea about investment which talking about money. Even if governments not accepting bitcoin this is the step of bitcoin to be known in all over the world.A student who participate in a class or have an interest about bitcoin it will probably take advantage in a future.
Activity: 674
I am hired and not own by any Team!
February 15, 2018, 08:18:12 AM

Bitcoin or any cryptocurrency in a Economics class is very fit or must be talked with but the fact that crypto is not yet known to many people and it does not yet have big role to the economy is the reason why they don`t include bitcoin or crypto to be a topic on Economics yet. Me myself had included bitcoin in my report on our Economics class but my classmates and my instructor does not even have idea about crypto. So I think it is still rare for bitcoin to be discussed on a class.
Activity: 420
Merit: 50
February 15, 2018, 07:51:34 AM
yes . bitcoin is already on our class. which
the issue about is it Legal or Illegal.

Really? It's hard to discuss something that is quite complicated to understand. And also, is it okay to discuss bitcoin that is not legal to your country? If bitcoin is being discussed to your class, well that's good to hear. At least there will be more people who will know about cryptos.
Discussing bitcoin in economics class will probably worth it for students this is the first step of bitcoin in order those students will have an interest and they will surely encoursge people in a community.Students will have a beautiful or brighter future of bitcoin. Its Sounds pretty good that bitcoin is already in a subject class in a universities which it helps students gain knowledge about investment.
Activity: 434
Merit: 105
February 15, 2018, 06:34:38 AM

Really? It's hard to discuss something that is quite complicated to understand. And also, is it okay to discuss bitcoin that is not legal to your country? If bitcoin is being discussed to your class, well that's good to hear. At least there will be more people who will know about cryptos.
Activity: 196
Merit: 10
February 15, 2018, 06:31:51 AM
Upon the instructive level bitcoin is utilized a bit. Regardless of whether it's a financial class or different classes doesn't make a difference and there are a few foundation where understudies are making their theory on cryptographic money. I came to think about this through one of our discussion part who regularly lead review for his lord's proposal.
Activity: 322
Merit: 100
February 15, 2018, 05:49:27 AM
Upon the instructive level bitcoin is utilized a bit. Regardless of whether it's a financial class or different classes doesn't make a difference and there are a few foundation where understudies are making their theory on cryptographic money. I came to think about this through one of our discussion part who regularly lead review for his lord's proposal.
Activity: 434
Bounty Detective
February 14, 2018, 05:42:37 PM
Pages:
Jump to: