Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin just an asset ? - page 3. (Read 9194 times)

Activity: 574
Merit: 1
when you are fed up transfer your crypto to me
April 20, 2018, 07:10:17 AM
I personally believe bitcoin is both an asset and a currency in that it's decentralized  and distributed.  Though bitcoin has it short comings I believe in time bitcoin will be adopted by major organisations
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
April 20, 2018, 07:02:13 AM
Not at all. Bitcoin was created as a currency and it was used as such but when people saw that the price went higher the more people got into it they started using it as an asset which is quite impressive. So now bitcoin is a currency which doubles as an asset. It's just harder to use bitcoin as a currency because the price is so volatile and fluctuates easily.
Activity: 112
April 20, 2018, 06:53:57 AM
Yes i think also.. it is an asset.
Because bitcoin for me is a thing that very valuable .
But it is not too far from currency.
We can use bitcoin as a money and it is very useful when we talk about financial problem.
Activity: 322
Merit: 106
April 20, 2018, 06:49:05 AM
I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economic needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?
for my personal perspective yes it is not like the real money we have the centralized we have , but people human will continue to reinvent and go to future it is unstoppable  and it will happen

for me bitcoin is like another currency which you can use alternatively. it has attributes like the new way of paying or even substitute a fiat .
it is much more faster than the traditional banking we are doing .  the people looking for now is reliability and practicality thats why we look over bitcoin
Activity: 454
Merit: 13
April 20, 2018, 06:45:00 AM
Bitcoin is not just an asset, more and more people learn about bitcoin and bitcoin is growing very fast in price
So this is the issue with anything being an asset. Because when it grows in value the price is related to the asset otherwise the price would just keep going down.
Activity: 128
April 20, 2018, 06:37:35 AM
In my opinion, Bitcoin is a means for us to save and a capital asset for us to benefit that will make our future even better, but it all depends on each user whether it is used with patience or not.
From Bitcoin we will get a job that will make us self-sufficient, and will make us successful if we use it well, and we also get a lot of benefits from science about the World of Investment from Bitcoin.
Activity: 154
April 20, 2018, 06:34:31 AM
yes, bitcoin is asset. but not like gold, money, home, and another assets, bitcoin dont have physical form so we cant touch or see it. bitcoin is not a fake asset it is real asset which it exist only in blockchain. that is what I heard from TV.
Activity: 896
Merit: 267
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 20, 2018, 06:22:11 AM
In fact, the currency is an asset with the highest liquidity, so if bitcoin becomes sufficiently liquid, it will be on par with traditional currencies.
Actually, it is up to you on how you will use it because some people prefer to use it as asset but the other people prefer to use it as investment or currency. In addition to that, there are many virtual currency or you can say as cryptocurrency that can be used as an asset but I think bitcoin will become our future currency and not just an asset.
Activity: 98
April 20, 2018, 06:02:09 AM
Categorizing bitcoin as an asset may, but may only be accepted by some people who understand it and believe it. Because any bitcoin is an asset that is not real or virtual-shaped, unlike home, land, property, or gold. To make bitcoin as an asset is also in need of courage because its prices are still not stable and often down and up.

But I myself believe and agree if bitcoin can be a profitable asset in the future.
Activity: 31
April 20, 2018, 05:55:36 AM
Still rumors and speculation from various investors but soon as pressure pushes the limit for Amazon management. Soon it will come to reality and I will be more happier if this will be implemented this year. I’m one of they’re client and this will also boost more bitcoin increases if being approved.
Activity: 67
April 20, 2018, 05:52:40 AM
Its a new asset class that can be used as a currency (due to its digital nature, scarcity and divisibility) its an asset and a commodity also. Bonds have this overlapping nature as well so its not hard to conceptualise these barriers getting blending a little more. Old paradigms die hard though
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
April 20, 2018, 05:47:48 AM
You can invest in principle, you can get a stable monthly income?

I prefer to use bitcoin as currency because I always use it in many transactions such as paying bills, shopping in the online market and more. Finally, some people prefer to use it as an investment. Bitcoin does not stand out as an asset but it is also a currency and an investment
Activity: 82
April 20, 2018, 05:42:36 AM
It is also an asset because you can sell your bitcoin and convert it to USD (or any other currency) whenever you like. It’s more liquid than something like a house and since its inception it’s tended to rise in value so that checks that off.
Activity: 56
April 20, 2018, 05:38:08 AM
I think bitcoin is not a asset.bitcoin is a digital currency. with bitcoin we can easily take many types of transactions. you can not see bitcoin currency,but it has become the most valuable currency in today time.
I agree to you. For me bitcoin is not an asset. It is a kind of digital currency that in used in decentralized market. It can used in many transaction like payment. And it is easy to used because it is online.
Activity: 137
April 20, 2018, 05:28:59 AM
An asset is of economic resource . it can be controlled or owned and it provides the owner with value, usually financial. a house is an asset. You can sell it get returns. A currency is a system  of money, a means of exchange. You used currency  to buy things. if it hard to tell the difference between the two, consider this. Asset tend to have a built-in promise of increased future value.A house tend to increase in value in time and thus, is an asset .
Based on this Bitcoin could be both an asset and a currency.
Activity: 43
April 20, 2018, 05:22:19 AM
It will depend upon the person using it. Some uses it as an asset through investments, therefore they are using it as a tool to gain more returns. While there others who are true believers of bitcoins vision that one day it will be used as a currency. And it is indeed correct to claim that it can now be used as a currency since there is already a lot of transactions where you can use it.
Activity: 350
Merit: 109
April 20, 2018, 05:13:14 AM
For me YES. We can consider the bitcoin is an asset. If we say asset, there is a value included If we offer it, there is value. Bitcoin has value; However, we don't control it. Even though it's value which is reliably rising is what's making bitcoin more mainstream and sought after considering the idea of the instability. We can likewise consider as a currency since we can utilize it in numerous exchanges.
Activity: 154
April 20, 2018, 05:05:03 AM
If I as an asset for my additional rounds. It is intangible and can not be taken into account. Prices that change change (not fixed)
As an easy asset in investing
Activity: 462
April 20, 2018, 05:04:37 AM
If you think bitcoin is just an asset you may not be totally correct because i rate bitcoin to be more precious than most things you may qualify as asset,fore example in accounting a vehicle  can only be called an asset only when it is insured,but bitcoin does not need that to be called an asset.
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
VANM - VIRAL ADVERTISING NETWORK MINING
April 20, 2018, 04:45:59 AM
I have read in the news that that like bitcoin as virtual currencies are assets and does not have the characteristics or what it takes to be a currency that could meet our modern economy needs. It was said that it does not have the fundamental attributes. What are your thoughts about it?
Yes, I agree Bitcoin is just an asset and if want to be a currency I think Bitcoin has not fulfilled this. There is still much that Bitcoin should complete if it wants to be a currency across the country. For now, Bitcoin is only suitable as an investment asset. Because the value of Bitcoin is changing and sometimes the price can be very high is profitable if Bitcoin used as an investment asset.
Pages:
Jump to: