Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Town: Let's Make the Future Come to us - page 30. (Read 54513 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
Yes there are communal town funds, just like ANY town. We just don't get them through taxes.

Would I be required to contribute toward the communcal town funds?

Nope.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
I can't believe you didn't even read the thing you quoted. ...

How ungrateful can you be?  The guy watched like a dozen of your videos!  I felt raped after watching just a minute of one. The guy's a hero.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
Yes there are communal town funds, just like ANY town. We just don't get them through taxes.

Would I be required to contribute toward the communcal town funds?
Google/YouTube

So, no communal town funds?

Your quote just says that in your commune people have to work if they want the commune food. Will the "communal work and living, for people that can't afford any other way of sustaining life" be part of the town constitution that you write?

No it won't be in the constitution, I don't see why it should be.
Google/YouTube
So, let me see if i have this straight: 

1. Your town will have all the state & federal laws,

2. the residents will be taxed by the state & the feds, and, on top of all that ...

3. you're going to dump another load of town laws & services on us? 

1. Yes

2. No, if they don't want to pay taxes they can operate completely in Bitcoin

3. I don't even know what you are talking about with this one.
Google/YouTube
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
half of that stuff is from a philosophical piece,

I think we all understand your philosophy by now.

Enjoy your commune.

Lol, commune?

I've been studying commune living since I was 14, and if you MAKE people work, no one comes. Now, if you make a rule "You have to work if you want a share of communal food" that is completely acceptable.

we can start a political party based on the towns philosophy

But once we got enough communal town funds we could work on that.

Sounds like a commune to me. Your words, not mine.

You should check out Vermont, there is a very big commune/hippy mindset up there. Plus they are right next to New Hampshire where Bitcoin is thriving in the live free or die state.

Nope. I said this was NOT a commune, because when people have to work, no one comes.  So this is not a commune, but will allow for communal work and living, for people that can't afford any other way of sustaining life.

I can't believe you didn't even read the thing you quoted. You guys suck SO much at reading.

So, no communal town funds?

Your quote just says that in your commune people have to work if they want the commune food. Will the "communal work and living, for people that can't afford any other way of sustaining life" be part of the town constitution that you write?
Next you'll be telling me I can't have no guns & no slaves!  You turn funny on us, boy? 

No slaves, and you can have guns. But I'm pretty sure it's illegal to manufacture guns too...

So, let me see if i have this straight:  Your town will have all the state & federal laws, the residents will be taxed by the state & the feds, and, on top of all that ... you're going to dump another load of town laws & services on us?  All this in a God-forsaken desert?  WTF would anyone want to live there?
You should check out Vermont, there is a very big commune/hippy mindset up there. Plus they are right next to New Hampshire where Bitcoin is thriving in the live free or die state.

Parts of Vermont are so purty I'd move there -- crunchies and all.  
Google/YouTube

Enjoy your commune.

Lol, commune?

I've been studying commune living since I was 14, and if you MAKE people work, no one comes. Now, if you make a rule "You have to work if you want a share of communal food" that is completely acceptable.

Nope. I said this was NOT a commune, because when people have to work, no one comes.  So this is not a commune, but will allow for communal work and living, for people that can't afford any other way of sustaining life.

I can't believe you didn't even read the thing you quoted. You guys suck SO much at reading.
Google/YouTube
Next you'll be telling me I can't have no guns & no slaves!  You turn funny on us, boy? 

No slaves, and you can have guns. But I'm pretty sure it's illegal to manufacture guns too...
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas

Enjoy your commune.

Lol, commune?

So you're not going to have anything that's at odds with state & fed law?  No hookers, no blow?  Well, that's a letdown...  I can't haz my speedballz?  What happened to mah liberty?  All you're planning for is just an armpity nowheresville Huh

Nope, no hookers. No blow.

But in New Mexico if a seed falls on the ground, and a plant grows, it is not illegal. It was decided in the New Mexico supreme court. Manufacture of anything or sale is still a crime though.

Didn't ya promise earlier in this thread that Sheriff Kindbud will turn a blind eye (that's the third one) to victimless crime?

Manufacturing & Selling cocaine isn't a victimless crime. And neither is prostitution.

Google/YouTube

So you're not going to have anything that's at odds with state & fed law?  No hookers, no blow?  Well, that's a letdown...  I can't haz my speedballz?  What happened to mah liberty?  All you're planning for is just an armpity nowheresville Huh

But in New Mexico if a seed falls on the ground, and a plant grows, it is not illegal. It was decided in the New Mexico supreme court. Manufacture of anything or sale is still a crime though.

Didn't ya promise earlier in this thread that Sheriff Kindbud will turn a blind eye (that's the third one) to victimless crime?

Manufacturing & Selling cocaine isn't a victimless crime. And neither is prostitution.
Google/YouTube

Enjoy your commune.

Lol, commune?

legendary
Viva Ut Vivas

Enjoy your commune.
Google/YouTube

Google/YouTube
You are completely misunderstanding the goal. We aren't trying to be outlaws, we are simply trying to live freely.

You say "we" are trying to live freely yet you are already setting up plenty of rules and are sounding a bit dictatorish.

We will be writing a town constitution

I plan on hiding nothing and cooperating whenever asked.

we will not have ongoing outside programs inside our town

we will be allowing people to sell or rent out their plots

we will be voting on what the land can be used/sold for

And the person will go to jail, or whatever is decided as punishment

we could even try to use town funds to buy a private island

I even believe that animals should be liberated and humans should be taught to communicate through body language with animals

The only way a plant can talk is with its chemicals (ex Poison: Don't touch/eat me) Learn to communicate on a level deeper than speech.

Everyone would have a machine that they repaired, or checked on.

you pay for the electricity, you mine the coins, but you give some shit away for free

Candy Contest, have people make home made candy and have a contest. And it could fit in well with Halloween in the square.

Classrooms should utilize programs like AdSense and Bitcoin mining. Parents and kids should have to sign a waiver saying that students CAN use their cell phones, cameras and other devices in the classrooms of teachers that deem it acceptable.

The police, health, fire and other government departments should also utilize these programs to earn extra income by creating "cops" like programs, which will also keep them honest since they have viewers.

The libraries should have public printing machines to promote free speech.

There should also be a publishing program

we need to go to each church and offer them contracts to not be churches any more

we find churches that need funding, and pay them to be "community centers"

church employees can get a government salary

a town where no one pays taxes

the prison is paid YOUR taxes based on how many beds it fills

We need to have better welfare for regular citizens and veterans

One of those places should start getting government funding, and start housing families & Veterans.

There needs to be people that come to every party and bring free food or at least drinks/alcohol

You need to gather for a reason, not just because it's the weekend or you want to party

all a community has to work towards is developing shops, housing and eventually public buildings

we could get a good educational program going and maybe even start our own university

We would eventually get a bus, then start a fleet

I am working on plenty of Charitable projects

opening a non-denominational church in town

We will just have to defend the guy in court

New Mexico has awesome laws

I would be the one that got tax forms and everything I already plan on that

we would work out getting everyone their territory afterwards

You have to work if you want a share of communal food

The government needs to provide for those people

Drug dealers would be arrested.

Those aren't rules, and half of that stuff is from a philosophical piece, not from anything having to do with this town specifically. And about a quarter of the other half is me talking about what I am doing personally, which has nothing to do with your personal plot of land, or town government if you decide to get a plot.

I really think you guys should pay more attention if you are going to argue for so long.

Do you think the state cops will like your town?  Will you be offering them hookers & blow, or do you have a better alternative?

Yes, as long as we are completely transparent and open with them. I plan on hiding nothing and cooperating whenever asked. But we will not have ongoing outside programs inside our town. Unless the people elect it.

So you'll trot out some hookers, lay out a couple of fat lines & have a frank man-to-man with the staties? Cheesy  Am i missing something?  What's stoner sheriff doing while you chat with the troopers?  Helping the town judge set up a meth lab? Cheesy

You are completely misunderstanding the goal. We aren't trying to be outlaws, we are simply trying to live freely.

Pages:
Jump to: