Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Town: Let's Make the Future Come to us - page 34. (Read 54513 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube

buying land costs many thousands, building 2 hundred homes costs more then $2million then the electric, water, gas, telephone/internet utilities cost many hundreds of thousands.

Please read before making such statements. The 2 mil is for the land alone. (Making an ass out of you, while trying to make an ass out of me)
Google/YouTube

Watch the videos, or read. This has already been discussed. Or search YouTube for "Bitcoin Town: Local Politics"

Ok, so let me get this straight:  You want to start a tiny town with local law who look the other way when it comes to potheads & deadbeats. 
How is this different than starting, umm, a ranch, where a guy with a gun is called Sheriff?  This way you don't need to bother with any paperwork, and Sheriff won't have to be bothered by federal law Cheesy

All of these questions are answered if you just watch the videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-KokfEoQPU
legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
guys please realise finshaggy has no intention to start a town.. he has just spend like 12 hours reading a couple wiki articles to think up a way to convince people to hand over a total of $2mill.

he thinks it only takes $2mill ($10k from 200 people) to make it happen.

buying land costs many thousands, building 2 hundred homes costs more then $2million then the electric, water, gas, telephone/internet utilities cost many hundreds of thousands.
EG it will cost $2mill just to get a solar/windfarm to power the 200 population. let alone the land and build costs of housing

then theres the business premises such as local restaurants bars, and shops for the 200 people to work in to create a society costs more..

then the roads to link the houses to the shops. thats another few milion.

then when it comes to police force. training the guys etc etc.. it cannot be bought up for $2million.

the guy has not a single clue. he lives in a commune, i just learnt this fact even though just from his first post i knew he was not employed to actually know much about employment, laws, infrustructure, etc.

his idea is he grabs $2mill and then tells people to come on his land and build their own community, build their own houses as it it now their own land.. while he runs off to the Caribbean.

thats how cults and communes begin. hand over your worldly possessions to the leader and they will ask you to build your own house and grow your own food.

meanwhile the leader wears gold and drives lavish cars
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

I like your thinking.  Will this town also be sanctuary for rapists & murderers, 's long as they didn't rape & murder Bitcoiners?  I think you're on to something here. *starts sharpening axe*

Nope. The whole point of having a police force that doesn't arrest non-criminals, is so that they can focus on murderers, rapists and burglars.

Who determines what's crime?  

Watch the videos, or read. This has already been discussed. Or search YouTube for "Bitcoin Town: Local Politics"

Ok, so let me get this straight:  You want to start a tiny town with local law who look the other way when it comes to potheads & deadbeats. 
How is this different than starting, umm, a ranch, where a guy with a gun is called Sheriff?  This way you don't need to bother with any paperwork, and Sheriff won't have to be bothered by federal law Cheesy
Google/YouTube

I like your thinking.  Will this town also be sanctuary for rapists & murderers, 's long as they didn't rape & murder Bitcoiners?  I think you're on to something here. *starts sharpening axe*

Nope. The whole point of having a police force that doesn't arrest non-criminals, is so that they can focus on murderers, rapists and burglars.

Google/YouTube

Google/YouTube
I am willing to bet against the successful creation of this town with good odds (for you) and a long timeframe. In other words, you can profit off its success with a several hundred percent return.

Anyone willing to bet please choose terms and an escrow.

So you're willing to bet against the project just because after less than 24 hours of discussion we haven't got 200 agreeing member yet?
and I don't want to make bitcoiners out to what your saying, we are honest people, if we owe money we pay it off, if you do something wrong we do the time, we are ones who give to help others and love doing great things for humanity Smiley like feeding the homeless

I don't see any reason to give someone less freedom or opportunity just because they owe a company money that tricks people into spending money they don't have.

Yeah, some people trick the credit card companies on purpose and are just having fun and buying things. But there are some people living month to month paying off 10% or less of their debt at a time because they can't get better jobs, and they don't belong there. The government needs to provide for those people so that they are never in that situation to begin with.

Google/YouTube
and I don't want to make bitcoiners out to what your saying, we are honest people, if we owe money we pay it off, if you do something wrong we do the time, we are ones who give to help others and love doing great things for humanity Smiley like feeding the homeless

I don't see any reason to give someone less freedom or opportunity just because they owe a company money that tricks people into spending money they don't have.

Yeah, some people trick the credit card companies on purpose and are just having fun and buying things. But there are some people living month to month paying off 10% or less of their debt at a time because they can't get better jobs, and they don't belong there. The government needs to provide for those people so that they are never in that situation to begin with.
The thing that got me laughing was "Let's buy land in NM, it's cheap!"  Cheesy

Are we talking about this NM?

That's more like Arizona. Have you ever even been to NM?

Many times Cheesy  I too liked driving around US Cheesy
edit:  Google "New Mexico land" pics Smiley
Google/YouTube
The thing that got me laughing was "Let's buy land in NM, it's cheap!"  Cheesy

That's more like Arizona. Have you ever even been to NM?
Google/YouTube
No, I know just wanted to make sure we were clear Smiley and you can't just forgive debt.... if you own money you own money, i hope im not getting something here....

They don't owe money to us, and it is none of our business. Our police worry about crime, not gossip.
No, I know just wanted to make sure we were clear Smiley and you can't just forgive debt.... if you own money you own money, i hope im not getting something here....

Just a typo:  own -> owe Wink
Google/YouTube
1. Honestly I kinda agree, I want this to be a place for people that want to help others, but everyone works, I seriously don't get that notion, even if i was a millionaire I would still work, because that way you are being an asset to society.

2. I'll be honest, we would have an actually police and we would do everything legally. We won't turn a blind eye, that's just wrong morally and ethically

1. Sorry, if everyone works then it just doesn't work. I've been studying commune living since I was 14, and if you MAKE people work, no one comes. Now, if you make a rule "You have to work if you want a share of communal food" that is completely acceptable.

2. You don't understand law in this aspect it seems.
Ex: In Denver it was illegal to posses weed for a while still, but it was legally medically. So the town government made an announcement to the police that they were to "Not worry about stoners" and focus on crack and meth and stuff.

It's not "turning a blind eye", it's "Waiting for a real crime before taking action". And I don't consider owing the credit card company money a "real crime", so the police shouldn't be focused on those people...

Now if a guy gets caught fighting, or pissing on a wall. And you find weed in his pocket, or find out he has a warrant for debt, THEN arrest him. But otherwise there should be NO reason the police even KNOW the guy is a "criminal".
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
I am willing to bet against the successful creation of this town with good odds (for you) and a long timeframe. In other words, you can profit off its success with a several hundred percent return.

Anyone willing to bet please choose terms and an escrow.
Activity: 418
Merit: 250
The thing that got me laughing was "Let's buy land in NM, it's cheap!"  Cheesy

Activity: 418
Merit: 250
Pages:
Jump to: