Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Town: Let's Make the Future Come to us - page 31. (Read 54513 times)

legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
You are completely misunderstanding the goal. We aren't trying to be outlaws, we are simply trying to live freely.

You say "we" are trying to live freely yet you are already setting up plenty of rules and are sounding a bit dictatorish.

We will be writing a town constitution

we will be allowing people to sell or rent out their plots

we will be voting on what the land can be used/sold for

And the person will go to jail, or whatever is decided as punishment

a town where no one pays taxes

the prison is paid YOUR taxes based on how many beds it fills

we could even try to use town funds to buy a private island

One of those places should start getting government funding, and start housing families & Veterans.

The libraries should have public printing machines to promote free speech.

There should also be a publishing program

We need to have better welfare for regular citizens and veterans

The government needs to provide for those people

we could get a good educational program going and maybe even start our own university

We would eventually get a bus, then start a fleet

But once we got enough communal town funds we could work on that.

The police, health, fire and other government departments should also utilize these programs to earn extra income by creating "cops" like programs, which will also keep them honest since they have viewers.

we need to go to each church and offer them contracts to not be churches any more

we find churches that need funding, and pay them to be "community centers"

opening a non-denominational church in town

church employees can get a government salary

There needs to be people that come to every party and bring free food or at least drinks/alcohol

You need to gather for a reason, not just because it's the weekend or you want to party

all a community has to work towards is developing shops, housing and eventually public buildings

I even believe that animals should be liberated and humans should be taught to communicate through body language with animals

The only way a plant can talk is with its chemicals (ex Poison: Don't touch/eat me) Learn to communicate on a level deeper than speech.

Everyone would have a machine that they repaired, or checked on.

you pay for the electricity, you mine the coins, but you give some shit away for free

Candy Contest, have people make home made candy and have a contest. And it could fit in well with Halloween in the square.

Classrooms should utilize programs like AdSense and Bitcoin mining. Parents and kids should have to sign a waiver saying that students CAN use their cell phones, cameras and other devices in the classrooms of teachers that deem it acceptable.

I am working on plenty of Charitable projects

New Mexico has awesome laws

we can start a political party based on the towns philosophy

You have to work if you want a share of communal food

Drug dealers would be arrested.

I plan on hiding nothing and cooperating whenever asked.

we will not have ongoing outside programs inside our town

We will just have to defend the guy in court

I would be the one that got tax forms and everything I already plan on that

we would work out getting everyone their territory afterwards
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
Google/YouTube

Do you think the state cops will like your town?  Will you be offering them hookers & blow, or do you have a better alternative?

Yes, as long as we are completely transparent and open with them. I plan on hiding nothing and cooperating whenever asked. But we will not have ongoing outside programs inside our town. Unless the people elect it.

So you'll trot out some hookers, lay out a couple of fat lines & have a frank man-to-man with the staties? Cheesy  Am i missing something?  What's stoner sheriff doing while you chat with the troopers?  Helping the town judge set up a meth lab? Cheesy

You are completely misunderstanding the goal. We aren't trying to be outlaws, we are simply trying to live freely.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Do you think the state cops will like your town?  Will you be offering them hookers & blow, or do you have a better alternative?

Yes, as long as we are completely transparent and open with them. I plan on hiding nothing and cooperating whenever asked. But we will not have ongoing outside programs inside our town. Unless the people elect it.

So you'll trot out some hookers, lay out a couple of fat lines & have a frank man-to-man with the staties? Cheesy  Am i missing something?  What's stoner sheriff doing while you chat with the troopers?  Helping the town judge set up a meth lab? Cheesy
Google/YouTube
And there will be no need for taxes, because of the things the government would provide (fuel, food, etc). That would be completely up to the people majority.

1. The majority can be dangerous to those who do not agree when police can use force against the minority.

FYI, I have gone down this road before. I helped to get Grafton, NH chosen for the Free Town and put up $10k toward a piece of land much the same way you are proposing. It is not as easy as it seems.

1. We will be writing a town constitution, so the majority can not infringe on the freedoms of an individual on any way that is not outlined in the constitution of the town, New Mexico or America itself or it's amendments. (unfortunately taxing is an amendment, which is why it would have to be allowed if voted for)

2. New Hampshire is a state of one of the 13 Colonies, the mid/south west is still looking for settlers in a way. And looking for people to free them from the Bible belt and GOP Smiley I know because I have lived in and traveled through many of the states and spoken to many people as well as experienced it myself growing up Smiley
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
And there will be no need for taxes, because of the things the government would provide (fuel, food, etc). That would be completely up to the people majority.

The majority can be dangerous to those who do not agree when police can use force against the minority.

FYI, I have gone down this road before. I helped to get Grafton, NH chosen for the Free Town and put up $10k toward a piece of land much the same way you are proposing. It is not as easy as it seems.
Google/YouTube

Google/YouTube
1. Sounds like you are creating a town like any other town but a small difference being that they accept bitcoins among the 200 people.

2. Why not just move to Berlin?

3. You went from having a government that is only a service to police that will throw people in jail if they do not do things the majority agree with.

4. You may want to move this thread to a blog on your computer that you read yourself.

1. Nope, watch the videos to learn more.

2. Because the goal is to bring this to a town in America

3. The government is a service. And if THE PEOPLE that the government is serving decide that the government needs taxes, then that is fine. And if the people decide they need a service that arrests people that don't pay taxes, then that is fine also. THE GOVERNMENT WILL PROVIDE SERVICE TO THE PEOPLE. And there will be no need for taxes, because of the things the government would provide (fuel, food, etc). That would be completely up to the people.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

Everyone or majority?

Everyone votes, majority makes the rule.

So again, if the majority votes for a police force paid for from taxation of the locals, you support that and you support locking up people who refuse to pay.

That sounds very sensible.  But why do you need a new town for this?

1. Yes

2. Because there are no towns that are made up of people that support Bitcoin, as well as no towns that are working towards all the things proposed.

3. Most towns have been established for 50-100+ years. This is a chance for my generation to try out their own methods.

I wouldn't move there as I have kids but its something I'd support financially.  You should set up a donation address once you get going.  Good luck!

Will do.

And we will be allowing people to sell or rent out their plots, so you could buy a stake and use it for that.

But we will be voting on what the land can be used/sold for as a whole Smiley And we will be voting on regions, like "Main St.", "Public Buildings and Parks", "Rural" etc.

Do you think the state cops will like your town?  Will you be offering them hookers & blow, or do you have a better alternative?
legendary
Viva Ut Vivas
Sounds like you are creating a town like any other town but a small difference being that they accept bitcoins among the 200 people.

Why not just move to Berlin?

Or wait a year when you can use your bitcoin debit card anywhere.

You went from having a government that is only a service to police that will throw people in jail if they do not do things the majority agree with.

You may want to move this thread to a blog on your computer that you read yourself.

Or better yet:
http://www.simcity.com/
Google/YouTube

Everyone or majority?

So again, if the majority votes for a police force paid for from taxation of the locals, you support that and you support locking up people who refuse to pay.

1. Yes

2. Because there are no towns that are made up of people that support Bitcoin, as well as no towns that are working towards all the things proposed.

3. Most towns have been established for 50-100+ years. This is a chance for my generation to try out their own methods.

I wouldn't move there as I have kids but its something I'd support financially.  You should set up a donation address once you get going.  Good luck!

Will do.

And we will be allowing people to sell or rent out their plots, so you could buy a stake and use it for that.

But we will be voting on what the land can be used/sold for as a whole Smiley And we will be voting on regions, like "Main St.", "Public Buildings and Parks", "Rural" etc.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

Everyone or majority?

1. Yes

Google/YouTube

Everyone or majority?

1. Yes

3. Most towns have been established for 50-100+ years (meaning they have their own politics and goals). This is a chance for my generation to try out their own methods.
legendary

Everyone or majority?

That sounds very sensible.  But why do you need a new town for this?
Google/YouTube

Everyone or majority?

Google/YouTube
And if the person is found to have broken a higher law (County, state, federal) while in custody, at that time they will be passed onto the proper authorities.

But if someone moves to town and has charges that no one knows about, and they live in peace with everyone else. They should be able to live in town without the involvement of outside government. But if the outside government finds out where they are, or they start telling people in town who they are, they can get arrested.
legendary

So if a majority vote for a tax to pay for a local police force, you will be happy that those who refuse to pay that tax go to jail. 

If that's the case, it sounds very reasonable.

If it is decided that they should go to jail for not paying, yes. But BOTH decisions must be made by EVERYONE.

Everyone or majority?
Google/YouTube
We will have judges, but when a judge decides someone is guilty on a charge that presently doesn't exist in the town. The whole town will vote to decide if the judge is correct in creating a new amendment to whatever law it applies to.

If the judge decides someone is innocent, it's over. And if the city has voted on that exact charge before when someone else did it, then it is over as well. And the person will go to jail, or whatever is decided as punishment.
Google/YouTube

So if a majority vote for a tax to pay for a local police force, you will be happy that those who refuse to pay that tax go to jail. 

If that's the case, it sounds very reasonable.

If it is decided that they should go to jail for not paying, yes. But BOTH decisions must be made by EVERYONE.
Google/YouTube
And we aren't trying to take over some other town, we are making our own town.

EX:

In my home town of McKinney Texas, there is a town called "Landry" right next door, and it exists simply because the people there wanted to make their own town so they didn't have to deal with the Home Owners Association.
Pages:
Jump to: