Pages:
Author

Topic: Bitcoin Town: Let's Make the Future Come to us - page 32. (Read 54513 times)

legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
...snip...

Do not underestimate local people who have been there their whole lives fighting outsiders coming in trying to change things. Even if you think it is for their own benefit. Some people like lots of government.

The vast majority of people want to have democratic government.  It baffles me that libertarians think they can take this away without violence.  

I am proposing an ACTUAL democratic government.

The government that the vast majority supports presently isn't democracy, but a Republic.
Democracy does not have elected officials making the decisions, it has EVERYONE vote on EVERYTHING.

So if a majority vote for a tax to pay for a local police force, you will be happy that those who refuse to pay that tax go to jail. 

If that's the case, it sounds very reasonable.
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Google/YouTube
...snip...

Do not underestimate local people who have been there their whole lives fighting outsiders coming in trying to change things. Even if you think it is for their own benefit. Some people like lots of government.

The vast majority of people want to have democratic government.  It baffles me that libertarians think they can take this away without violence.  

I am proposing an ACTUAL democratic government.

The government that the vast majority supports presently isn't democracy, but a Republic.
Democracy does not have elected officials making the decisions, it has EVERYONE vote on EVERYTHING.
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
...snip...

The vast majority of people want to have democratic government.  It baffles me that libertarians think they can take this away without violence. 
Google/YouTube
This is what you should expect when you first get to New Mexico with a large group of outsiders:

http://premium1.fosters.com/2004/news/june2004/june_20_04/sports/ap_nh0620a.asp

Then good thing we aren't outsiders Smiley

1. I've lived there
2. People that live there still will be involved before we ever get there Smiley
Google/YouTube
ok heres the last 9 pages in short.

48 hours ago you bought yourself some weed on silk road, and wondering about growing your own batch to sell.. so you start searching the forum for seeds.

Lol. I've been growing weed for 2 years. And I've never bought weed on the silk road.

I love how you just keep making an ass of yourself.
legendary
Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386
Viva Ut Vivas
This is what you should expect when you first get to New Mexico with a large group of outsiders:

http://premium1.fosters.com/2004/news/june2004/june_20_04/sports/ap_nh0620a.asp

Grafton townspeople oppose Free Town Project
By BEVERLEY WANG

Associated Press Writer

GRAFTON, N.H. (AP) — About 200 Grafton residents packed a town meeting Saturday, demanding to know what libertarians in the Free Town Project are planning for their quiet New Hampshire town.

"Why are you moving here? Why?" shouted several people.

The Free Town Project wants to plant 200 libertarian settlers in Grafton, population 1,200.

The weekend meeting drew a record turnout, forcing organizers to move from the town hall to the fire station. Grafton Focus, a community group, called the meeting to let Free Town Project members answer residents’ questions.

Some protested the Free Town project by parking a hearse outside the town hall with a sign that read "RIP Free State Project, Free Town Project."

For three hours, Grafton residents peppered Free State and Free Town representatives with questions about school funding, zoning and taxes.

But most of all, they asked why Free Towners want to move to Grafton en-masse instead of individually.

One Free Towner, Bob Hull, has purchased 237 acres of land in Grafton, which he intends to subdivide and make available to people coming from other states.

"Some of the opposition’s been painting a lot of nasty pictures of compounds and cults and really offensive characterizations like that," said Free Towner Mike Lorrey, who is also a Free Stater. "People just want to live in a neighborhood with people they can be neighbors with."

But some Grafton residents weren’t ready yet to welcome them with open arms.

"What we’re not really hearing from you is what you are all about," said Nancy Warren to cheers and applause.

The Free Town Project is a splinter group of the Free State Project, which is trying to lure 20,000 libertarians to New Hampshire by 2006. Free Staters insist their group has nothing to do with Free Towners, although their memberships overlap.

Many townspeople said they left the meeting with their questions unanswered.

"I don’t think that there’s a lot of thought given into the impact on the town," said Sue Jukosky, a 26-year Grafton resident.

Residents were upset by a Web site maintained by Larry Pendarvis, a Florida libertarian, which promises to pull Grafton from the school district and suspend the planning board, among other things.

The Web site reads: "We also intend to ensure that the Town Police are never allowed to waste valuable town resources ... to oppress our residents by the investigation or enforcement of violations of Compulsory Schooling Laws, Drug Laws, Prostitution Laws, Obscenity Laws, or other Victimless Crime Laws."

Other Free Towners and Free Staters have tried to distance themselves from Pendarvis, also known as Zack Bass, an Internet consultant who runs a Filipina mail-order bride business.

"He’s not the kind of person that represents the Free State Project," said Amanda Phillips, president of the Free State Project.

"We have 6,000 people who are great responsible people who want to be good neighbors and it’s unfortunate we’re being judged by one person," said Phillips.

Free Staters last year chose New Hampshire as its staging ground, attracted to by the state’s "Live Free or Die" slogan and independent outlook. Loosely aligned by a desire for a society with smaller government and fewer laws, Free Staters advocate the legalization of "victimless crimes" such as prostitution and personal drug use.

They also support home schooling, lowering property taxes and protecting Second Amendment rights.

I also recall that during that meeting local townpeople were going out to the car lot to check license plates to see what states these outsiders were coming from so that they could raise more opposition to these outsiders coming to their town trying to change things.

And most recently:
Those opposing the Free Stater takeover appear to be winning. On town meeting day, Grafton voters rejected drastic budget cuts and a tax cap proposal. They approved warrant articles authorizing additional spending to buy a new police vehicle and tow truck, pave roads and make improvements to the town’s fire and ambulance building.
http://miscellanyblue.com/post/47135072156

legendary
Activity: 4214
Merit: 4458
ok heres the last 9 pages in short.

48 hours ago you bought yourself some weed on silk road, and wondering about growing your own batch to sell.. so you start searching the forum for seeds.

you came across blue seed which is nothing to do with the plant. but instead about some guys for the last few years asking for money to start a off shore office and lving facilities for people that cant afford mainland visa's, not realising that they too want a mainly FIAT project but are willing to support bitcoin if they get enough investment.. and now your brain starts to hallucinate some brainfarts of how you can make money.

you do a small bit of wikipedia searches to try and make your brain fart sound a bit more plausible and now these last 12 hours you have been on an endless campaign to try convincing people that they can live a utopian lifestyle for just $10k upfront..

now heres my story.
im rich, i got money, i like idea's that have merits. i like idea's that have plans. i invest in these idea's. i do not like brainfarts of guys that show no proof of production, no final plan, because their plan keeps changing, no grasp of laws, politics or infrastructure needed for its success.

and i really hate that they can even attempt to put a price tag on it mystically out of thin air.

so give up trying to convince yourself that your idea is a success. stand back from the computer. take a breath of fresh air and put pen to paper to develop it into a working plan..

please for the 3rd time research new hampshire project before you even attempt to think about starting a town, learn what is involved before designing libraries and schools, housing and courthouses.

new hampshire have all of the "building infrastructure" yet they are not a free state or even a free town, after X number of years.

so dont put pricetags and timescales on things you dont understand.

i am not saying to give up, im saying it you want it to work to DO THE DAMN RESEARCH
Google/YouTube
you are on a bitcon forum............................

your not on a weed forum............................

so i think your posting on the wrong site if your not concentrating on a town for bitcoiners...

It is a Bitcoin friendly town where you can survive on Bitcoin alone, that does not mean that the town only accepts Bitcoin. You are being dense.

As explained in one of the videos (which you probably missed as you missed most of the stuff in the videos even though you watched them) you don't have to be a bitcoiner to use bitcoin. Just like you don't have to be a "YouTuber" to post on Youtube.
legendary
you are on a bitcon forum............................

your not on a weed forum............................

so i think your posting on the wrong site if your not concentrating on a town for bitcoiners... seems to me your utopian dream belongs on a stoners website..

which explains why you mention about stoners wont get arrested but people with financial crimes (no victims) will get arrested,

your utopian cream.. oops i meant dream... no actually lets stick with cream.. that white gooey stuff that you get excited over.

having an 11yo sister smoking weed is acceptable. but having $200 credit card bill is not acceptable, therefore arrestable. purely because the guy moved over to bitcoin and forgot to cancel his card so the credit company carried on charging him monthly fee's..

way to go cult leader.. ooops mayor.. your really winning votes
Google/YouTube

your video 7
lol as stated before.. you have not researched everything but to hell with it you got the final product all imagined out with a jersey shore documentary happening 24/7

Again please pay attention, I said it would be gathered from cooking oil and alcohol production.

but for 2 years im a bitcoin only zone. people will still be building houses ad growing the food.. so there will be no used sunflower oil or alcohol produced. and by the third year to then buy a bus.. its time to move to the island...

i know you sound like you have passion for an idea. but dont even try quoting a price of investment of an idea out of a 24hour brainfart you have..

Bitcoin only zone? Who ever said that, lol. You seem to be not reading much at all.

Google/YouTube

video 11
so within 3 years of people handing over their 10k you suddenly want to move to an island.. how about research blueseed or sea steading and start looking at the legal stuff they need to know before even starting up.. skip wasting 3 years in new mexico..

The island is for vacation and people that want to live there. Only people that want to live on Boats will live there (as it won't be large enough for houses at first)
legendary

your video 7
lol as stated before.. you have not researched everything but to hell with it you got the final product all imagined out with a jersey shore documentary happening 24/7

Again please pay attention, I said it would be gathered from cooking oil and alcohol production.

but for 2 years im a bitcoin only zone. people will still be building houses ad growing the food.. so there will be no used sunflower oil or alcohol produced. and by the third year to then buy a bus.. its time to move to the island...

i know you sound like you have passion for an idea. but dont even try quoting a price of investment of an idea out of a 24hour brainfart you have..

lol so now you want to say your townsfolk are writiers.. ok so lets say we have 50 aspiring writers .. 50 people that like farming/gardening. a few mechanics, a few lawyers, teachers, but wait.. wheres the builders and construction, architects going to live...

hang on 98% of bitcoin community are all programmers and entrepeuners. so where are all the office workers, shop owners and everyone else going to go.

take a break from the keyboard and webcam.. soer up.. and settle on an idea.. your brain is wondering in 5 different directions which is making your investment idea not even worth bookmarking for later reference
Google/YouTube

video 10
library.. 25c per page... oh so now your accepting fiat... dang if only you said 0.0002btc you would have had me sold purely on the ability to photocopy something at the library. .. but wait now its not a library becasue with a population of 200 you might have 2 'writers' so maybe 4 books a year.. so now its going to be a community center/school. wow in 5 minutes a library is now a community centre. how about skip the library idea and just go for the community centre that includes books....

25 cents is simply based on other libraries, bitcoins would be accepted in Bitcoin town, DUH.

And you are wrong about the writers, the main way I expect people to find the funds to live here is by using Devtome. So I expect that most of the population will be some form of writers.
Google/YouTube

your video 7

Google/YouTube

about "your" cops not cutting down on weed use..
that is only your utopian view until someone starts dealing tainted drugs that kills people. then they will be forced to try getting these tainted batches off the streets.
Please pay attention before replying.

Drug dealers would be arrested. People smoking would be told to move along.

It's not that hard to actually LISTEN when you watch the videos.
legendary

Then my sister always had like 8 cars of people over, so it looked like we were always doing crazy shit in our yard (plus she got arrested for weed 2 years before I ever did, even though she is younger than me)

so when you were arrested at 14 two years prior makes you 12yo. and your sister was younger then you. makeing her 11 or younger when she got arrested...

wow im certainly going to elect you as mayor of the town..

unemployed, not having $2m to buy the land yourself, not having legal, political, building, economical expertise.. hmm wow yep more reason why you deserve to be mayor..

now lets add on the many more great reasons you deserve to head up this project. your utopian views

your video 6

about "your" cops not cutting down on weed use..
that is only your utopian view until someone starts dealing tainted drugs that kills people. then they will be forced to try getting these tainted batches off the streets.

your video 7

video 8
bio diesel see more examples of you utopian idea of the final design without knowing the infrustructure.. you never said where your going to get bio diesel from. oh wait..  it appears from magic dust..

video 9
preserve humanity and the world with a few carrot seeds woo hoo .. facepalm if al the plants in the world have gone then it means a catastrophy has caused things not to be able to grow.. so now you have a vault of seeds that cannot grow because the environment has changed. EG try growing carrots during a nuclear winter.. goodluck waiting 5 years+ without foodgrowth till its safe to start growing.

video 10
library.. 25c per page... oh so now your accepting fiat... dang if only you said 0.0002btc you would have had me sold purely on the ability to photocopy something at the library. .. but wait now its not a library becasue with a population of 200 you might have 2 'writers' so maybe 4 books a year.. so now its going to be a community center/school. wow in 5 minutes a library is now a community centre. how about skip the library idea and just go for the community centre that includes books....

video 11
so within 3 years of people handing over their 10k you suddenly want to move to an island.. how about research blueseed or sea steading and start looking at the legal stuff they need to know before even starting up.. skip wasting 3 years in new mexico..

it seems you want millions of dollars to half build a town, dump it then move to an island and start again... so why are you even bothering with new mexico ?? as it will take more then 3 years to get a town even up and running as a working community with sanitation, utilities and buildings and schools and shops.. let alone getting the legal stuff covered and lobbying for certain freedoms in the town..
EG year 1 break ground get sewerage, electrics, water, gas. and start making housing.
year 2 people move in and start their little farms on the land that is left.
year three ............................................

oh wait lets all move to an island
Edit: just looked at finshaggys video history, seems he just got into bitcoin in february, still doesnt realise the whole bitcoin economy even now. and is just looking for ways to grab bitcoin from naive people that get bought into his dream, because he cant afford to buy bitcoin on his favourite site silk road..

he only came up with the ideal of new mexico within the last couple days at most, done 12 hours of research to attempt to make himself sound credible and now today he is trying to sell the bitcoin island idea..

goodluck with your dreams.. one day you will wake up..
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
0xFB0D8D1534241423
I am willing to bet against the successful creation of this town with good odds (for you) and a long timeframe. In other words, you can profit off its success with a several hundred percent return.

Anyone willing to bet please choose terms and an escrow.

So you're willing to bet against the project just because after less than 24 hours of discussion we haven't got 200 agreeing member yet?
I'm willing to bet against it on general principle. You're not? How does 1:5 sound?
Google/YouTube
Google/YouTube

*stops watching after hearing that TinyTown NM has a judge & is making up laws*

Bro, you've got to start spending ether much more or much less on recreational chemistry.  TL;DR:  That ain't how shit works.

Lol, that is how shit works. I've probably been in more courtrooms than you've seen on TV (exaggeration since there are shows like Law & Order, but you get the point).

And I've studied more about law than I've ever seen.

So tell us more about your courtroom adventures!  Are you a trial law groupie or do the local cops stop munching doughnuts when they see you?

The 2nd one.

I was raised in Texas and I looked like a stoner even before I started smoking. Then I grew my hair out when I started smoking so that didn't help the police's view of me.

Then my sister always had like 8 cars of people over, so it looked like we were always doing crazy shit in our yard (plus she got arrested for weed 2 years before I ever did, even though she is younger than me)

Plus, my mom had custody of us, but our dad lived in the same town. So his and his wife's rumor spreading didn't help.

I've been in court for weed my whole life, but now I have a medical card for it. And I have been studying enough law this whole time to NEVER get fucked over again.

Plus, I've known my towns mayor since I was like 7 and since before he was mayor. So I've been studying how to put someone in his place, and make the town more child friendly. But that is in 4-8 years.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0

*stops watching after hearing that TinyTown NM has a judge & is making up laws*

Bro, you've got to start spending ether much more or much less on recreational chemistry.  TL;DR:  That ain't how shit works.

Lol, that is how shit works. I've probably been in more courtrooms than you've seen on TV (exaggeration since there are shows like Law & Order, but you get the point).

And I've studied more about law than I've ever seen.

So tell us more about your courtroom adventures!  Are you a trial law groupie or do the local cops stop munching doughnuts when they see you?
Pages:
Jump to: